• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't you mean more? I already have some

I think the selfie camera is the way draenor will blow up and you lose all of your garrison and followers and we can't go back and do it once it blows up

Solarized

leave Mulverick, Tormmok, Morketh, Dagg, Blook, and Rokash out of this.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Why would we stay on Draenor next expansion? We never stayed on a continent for more than one expansion in the past, Cataclysm being the exception. There's no point in staying in Draenor once the Iron Horde is dealt with.

Yep, need to go back to deal with the Silver Scourge.

Robin64

Don't forget, Sylvanas is definitely evil. And sneaky. Gotta deal with her at some point.

DAlBGzX.jpg

Robin64

Frankly, I don't know why Battle for Undercity didn't return using the Scenario system.
The same Scenario system they shelved for WoD... oh...

(Solo ones while questing aren't really the same thing)

ampere

Frankly, I don't know why Battle for Undercity didn't return using the Scenario system.

No they scrapped scenarios so they could do more dungeons. Like the dungeons added in 6.1 :(

I like dungeons. There's easily room for a Goren dungeon in tunnels or something, and a Nagrand dungeon

Robin64

Was that the official line, scrapped Scenarios to do dungeons? Cos Scenarios just use a place in the world, something already built, and put some mobs down. I honestly can't see that being much work for even their interns.

ZenaxPure

Just watched the Wrathgate cutscene again. Man, best period of WoW (for story).

Wrath was favorite but honestly MoP toppled it. Just having a wave of new stuff into the game did wonders for getting me really interested in the world again (klaxxi, mogu, more titan lore, etc.). And even if Garrosh wasn't the best bad guy, everything that happened around his arc I loved: The 5.1 storylines that lead to the 5.2 stuff between the blood elves and the kirin tor, heading back to the barrens and hanging out with Vol'jin, mmm, only been a couple of years but Warlords has made me really nostalgic for it.

Actually one of my biggest disappointments in Warlords is no more story time, exploring the world and finding various lore scrolls and then turning in collections for story time with Uncle Cho was one of my favorite things about Mists. Really annoys me they didn't bring a similar system back for Warlords when Draenor is a world ripe for that kind of thing.

No they scrapped scenarios so they could do more dungeons. Like the dungeons added in 6.1 :(

I don't think that is even the case, they said all through MoP that scenarios and dungeons didn't compete for the same dev time (since scenarios were basically fancier quest chains) and that it was raids and dungeons that were against each other. Unsure if people even remember anymore but they actually said Dragon Soul turned out the way it did because they spent a bunch of time doing the 5 mans in that patch. Well of Eternity had more custom art than DS :|

Though for what it is worth, technically scenarios still do exist in WoD except they made 1 and copy pasted it 5 more times and changed the mobs that spawn. Oh and then gave no reason to do it more than once per week and made it incredibly grindy and unfun to even trigger one in the first place.

Tacitus_

I like dungeons. There's easily room for a Goren dungeon in tunnels or something, and a Nagrand dungeon

Troll dungeon pls

I know they said no troll dungeons

M.D

Any hunters here? did you guys change to beast mastery or sticking to survival?

I really like the survival playstyle, but with the 4 piece bonus it seems BM has a pretty big advantage

ZenaxPure

And Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury!
All my dreams of a grind free life are coming true!

I got Thori'dal today as well, was pretty happy about getting it so fast. I had stopped running Sunwell regularly but started up again for raiding with leashes. Still need 1 more pet in there though.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm seriously beginning to hate Blast Furnace. My guild managed to kill it yesterday for a normal alt run, yet we got a whole night of wiping on heroic today (not the first time either).

At least we got to phase 2 decently this time. I can fairly say that phase 2 transition is most troubling for the raid (especially if there's any operators alive with tons of health).

ZenaxPure

It's def not for everyone. And if you are new to it it can be hard to tell when you mess up or someone else does and there's a death.

I only like healing if I like the tank.

Like other roles I think your class choice matters a lot too, all the healers feel very different imo. I spent a lot of time in wrath and cata healing as a druid which I loved and then tried a bit of priest in MoP and absolutely could not stand it at all.

Nokterian

Any rogue's here? I am leveling in combat almost 100..after that solo for combat and sub for raid/dungeons? Want to know if that is also soloable and what weapons i need to use for combat 1 handed slow and off hand 1 dagger and for sub?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Any hunters here? did you guys change to beast mastery or sticking to survival?

I really like the survival playstyle, but with the 4 piece bonus it seems BM has a pretty big advantage

Survival for me. I'm not really raiding hardcore anymore though.

They should treat some dungeons as 3 player dungeons so that 3 dps can get in and reduce q times.

They had the solution and dumped it. No idea why.

Any rogue's here? I am leveling in combat almost 100..after that solo for combat and sub for raid/dungeons? Want to know if that is also soloable and what weapons i need to use for combat 1 handed slow and off hand 1 dagger and for sub?

Pretty sure both sub and assassination are stuck with daggers. I don't play sub so you may get advice from somewhere else that crunches the stat thresholds that make hemo-only sub rotations competitive.
Combat will use whatever the highest dps weapons they can find are. Weapon speed hasn't mattered in a very long time.
Your solo ability isn't really hampered by your specialization. Talents and glyphs affect your passive healing and survival CDs which is what really determines how easy you can solo old content.

Alex

What I'd like WoW to do is section out the past, not keep rebuilding and expanding upon it. Questing isn't terribly thrilling even when it's fresh let alone slapping a new coat of paint on exhausted, aged designs which usually just results more awkward vehicles and mini-games, dragging the whole process down.

I'm pretty cool with them re-doing dungeons and raids but the open world right now is this un-even, convoluted mess that I wish they'd go through with a bulldozer, not a set of pruning shears. Honestly, If I was coming in fresh to this game I'd probably quit half way through and no amount of heirlooms will fix that shit. I do agree that BC is especially painful right now, though, def the odd man out but it's just not worth the resources to redesign something that should be buried.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure both sub and assassination are stuck with daggers. I don't play sub so you may get advice from somewhere else that crunches the stat thresholds that make hemo-only sub rotations competitive.
Combat will use whatever the highest dps weapons they can find are. Weapon speed hasn't mattered in a very long time.
Your solo ability isn't really hampered by your specialization. Talents and glyphs affect your passive healing and survival CDs which is what really determines how easy you can solo old content.

Also I'd just add to play whichever spec you want in raids. All 3 specs are close enough on damage where it is not going to matter to the average player except for aoe situations where things get weird and dumb but doesn't actually matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

ampere

They should treat some dungeons as 3 player dungeons so that 3 dps can get in and reduce q times.

They had the solution and dumped it. No idea why.

Yeah they could have even made like 10 "group quests" around Draenor and bam called them scenarios. Would give some people things to do, maybe have them give 620 loot to help people get to LFR

ZenaxPure

Yeah they could have even made like 10 "group quests" around Draenor and bam called them scenarios. Would give some people things to do, maybe have them give 620 loot to help people get to LFR

For as horribly implemented as the invasions are I actually still think of them as an evolution of heroic scenarios a bit, the score system seems like a direct evolution of the bonus reward thing in H scenarios and they can just keep expanding it with new ranks like they did this patch.

Though to be honest the scenarios that were more or less just neutered 5 mans were my least favorite by far, I want them to stay away from that. I really liked the more sandbox-like ones that had a centralized goal and you ran around the entire map trying to complete it. Basically Unga Ingoo. Some others got close but I think that was the best use of the concept and I wish they would have had more like that, especially on heroic difficulty.

Also as a side note, not having spammable scenarios really bums me out on my alts. It's really hard to bring myself to sit in my garrison waiting on a 50 minute BRF LFR que. Waiting on LFR in MoP I would just chain spam scenarios as you could do them while still in que for LFR. Was a great way to not sit in town doing nothing and make some decent gold and get enchanting mats.

So I kind of stumbled into a guild with my warlock that is running H BRF as a "social member" when I had 0 raiding experience outside of LFR this expansion. So one night they decide to run normal after wiping for awhile and they invite me. Pretty much ever since that night they've been bringing me to raids while acknowledging I need some work on my gear. Anyway, it's been a few weeks of running BRF normal and Heroic and I've gone from a 645 ilvl to 670 ilvl.

There is another lock in the guild who is ilvl 683, so he's obviously got better gear than me. But the difference in dps between him and I is usually like 3-5k and I know that's not a difference of 13 ilvls. I have read as many guides as I can find, watched some videos, etc. I know that on some fights my rotation needs some work to squeeze out more damage. It's just frustrating being near the bottom of dps meters doing between 27-31k most of the time. What the heck am I missing?

Thanks for reading my venting frustration. I probably just need more practice.

cdyhybrid

So I kind of stumbled into a guild with my warlock that is running H BRF as a "social member" when I had 0 raiding experience outside of LFR this expansion. So one night they decide to run normal after wiping for awhile and they invite me. Pretty much ever since that night they've been bringing me to raids while acknowledging I need some work on my gear. Anyway, it's been a few weeks of running BRF normal and Heroic and I've gone from a 645 ilvl to 670 ilvl.

There is another lock in the guild who is ilvl 683, so he's obviously got better gear than me. But the difference in dps between him and I is usually like 3-5k and I know that's not a difference of 13 ilvls. I have read as many guides as I can find, watched some videos, etc. I know that on some fights my rotation needs some work to squeeze out more damage. It's just frustrating being near the bottom of dps meters doing between 27-31k most of the time. What the heck am I missing?

Thanks for reading my venting frustration. I probably just need more practice.

13 ilvls is big, actually.

665 Demo Warlocks are simming at 31K, so it sounds like you're doing alright considering that you'll almost never hit your sim numbers in real game action.

Oscar

Have been tanking since vanilla, considering making a DPS alt via heirloom tab.

Torn between Rogue and Warlock. Will eventually cap both, but was wondering which one has better DPS at the moment to prioritize it.

M.D

Anyone knows an add-on that lets you move around buff/debuff icons?

Also, a question for hunters - how do you communicate with other players when to move in an out for butcher stacks if your not on TS? the reason I want this addon is to move the gushing wounds debuff icon when I focus a target so I can easily see it, but maybe there's a better way to do it?

I could probably just pay attention to when he's casting it, but there's still a chance I'll miss it

TheYanger

Anyone knows an add-on that lets you move around buff/debuff icons?

Also, a question for hunters - how do you communicate with other players when to move in an out for butcher stacks if your not on TS? the reason I want this addon is to move the gushing wounds debuff icon when I focus a target so I can easily see it, but maybe there's a better way to do it?

I could probably just pay attention to when he's casting it, but there's still a chance I'll miss it
MoveAnything

Questing in Shadowmoon on my Warrior, it made me wonder about an expansion on Argus, the Draenei home world. I don't know how much artwork there is of Argus but I think it could have a lot of potential.

Top Bottom