• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

BRF drops getting a hotfix buff.

CAE5sN9UIAE5Y8g.png:large

Interesting. Still probably won't effect my guilds attendance problems.

Nokterian

I'm not sure if this is true for Outlands (I think it is), but from Wrath forward I've noticed since the squish that you can very easily just do a single zone from min level to max level for that expansion and not notice much of a decrease in average quest exp. I just leveled a Paladin 85-90 on Jade Forest alone and a Rogue 85-90 on Valley alone. The difference between Jade Forest and Frostfire is maybe 1-2 thousand?

This is harder to do with 1-60 as having 60 levels for the time spent is literally insane now. 1-60 needs to be squished to 1-10, or something of that nature.

The primary roadblock to any of the changes suggested on this page is that the solution now is "just buy a boost" and will continue to be. Why spend money to fix a problem whose current solution is printing money?

As for "just run dungeons": I can't anymore. I get that it's easy and none of it matters, but when you have DPS just running through, pulling everything in sight, leaving pets on taunt 24/7, etc. it's just a shit show. Make old dungeons scenario style without a trinity, it isn't required right now anyway.

To me the leveling from 1 to 90 even with heirloom items..i do not have the time for it pure and simple. When i lived at home during Vanilla/TBC/Wrath and cata era i had all the time in the world. I love leveling alts but well i did bought a bunch of level 90 boosts just because i can't do it anymore i do have a level 74 druid that is the only one i am willing to bring to level 90 with heirlooms all others i did with a boost. It's a option you don't have to but i love the leveling now in WoD also because of the treasures everywhere they give decent loot or rubbish but that is loads of gold worth for example with a additional xp boost a long with it.

ZenaxPure

My warrior can't get past the second boss.

Feng was the hardest for me as well, my dps wasn't high enough to burn him past the second phase before he sucked up all the fire and started hitting like a truck. Got around it by saving all my cooldowns (defensive and offensive) for that phase. I was using heroism drums and agi pots as well (because they are very cheap to make and strong) so that always helps.

It's actually pretty crazy how outside of special circumstances on a fight (like phase 2 feng) how light those bosses hit thanks just to the stat squish, leeching poison and recoup can outheal their default melee attacks. On Spirit Kings I didn't even go under 90% hp.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else suffering 200+ World MS ion LFR/LFG since basically 6.1? It's not unplayable by any means, but it 's fucking shitty when it happens in EVERY lfr.

Stuff I read makes it sound like Australian servers bugged up everything for a ton of people, Oceanic or not.

M.D

Finally got my bow to 670

Do they intended to add more upgrades in the future or will I need to look for another weapon at some point?

Karl Hawk

Banned
I doubt most of WoWGAF around here watches WoW streamers (Be it PvE or PvP), but if you do, what are your favorites?

Mine's Fatboss, Treckie, and Slootbag in terms of PvE.

But for PvP... well, PvP doesn't appeal me, so I don't have any favorites in that department.

To me the leveling from 1 to 90 even with heirloom items..i do not have the time for it pure and simple. When i lived at home during Vanilla/TBC/Wrath and cata era i had all the time in the world. I love leveling alts but well i did bought a bunch of level 90 boosts just because i can't do it anymore i do have a level 74 druid that is the only one i am willing to bring to level 90 with heirlooms all others i did with a boost. It's a option you don't have to but i love the leveling now in WoD also because of the treasures everywhere they give decent loot or rubbish but that is loads of gold worth for example with a additional xp boost a long with it.

Leveling everything to 100 is pretty much the only enjoyable thing I do in WoW these days outside of some PvP here and there.

It's really really fast now for the most part. Cata-Classic is rough due to how quickly you out level zones with or without heirlooms and Wrath takes as long as the Cata and Mists combined. A minor annoyance is that I'll never finish Netherstorm / Shadowmoon BC, Stormpeaks / Icecrown, Twilight Highlands or anything after Valley again due to how late those zones start.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Been reading up on challenge modes. I read I have to clear the regular heroic first. Is this account wide of character based?

My first character cleared them all, but on the character I want to try the challenge modes on I don't remember which heroics I did. I don't think I completed them all. Since the achievements are account wide that does not help me track what I may have not done since I did them on my first character.

ZenaxPure

My first character cleared them all, but on the character I want to try the challenge modes on I don't remember which heroics I did. I don't think I completed them all. Since the achievements are account wide that does not help me track what I may have not done since I did them on my first character.

I don't actually know the answer to your question off the top of my head, but, if you want to check individual character achievements you can just scroll over the point value of an achievement and it will tell you if you have done it on that character or not. While technically all achievements are account wide now only the ones with a blue highlight across the top are truly account wide, the others can still be "earned" on a character even if you have them unlocked on the account. None of the heroic dungeon achievements have the blue highlight thing so you can check if that specific character has done them or not.

ampere

Been reading up on challenge modes. I read I have to clear the regular heroic first. Is this account wide of character based?

That was the case for MoP Heroics and CMs, but it isn't the case for WoD dungeons. You can waltz into a CM right when you hit 100 without doing any Heroics, you just probably won't be successful.

That being said you will definitely want to have done them all and be familiar with the mechanics because the CM versions are a lot harder. I would also recommend watching a video guide of each one.

Anyone else suffering 200+ World MS ion LFR/LFG since basically 6.1? It's not unplayable by any means, but it 's fucking shitty when it happens in EVERY lfr.

Stuff I read makes it sound like Australian servers bugged up everything for a ton of people, Oceanic or not.

In both of my LFR runs today I was getting random latency spikes where everyone would be running in place. It went away as soon as I was out of the instance.

ZenaxPure

I doubt most of WoWGAF around here watches WoW streamers (Be it PvE or PvP), but if you do, what are your favorites?

My favorite wow streams are the ones that are cleavage with a stamp sized window in the corner that is gameplay. Except not really because they actually gross me out.

In both of my LFR runs today I was getting random latency spikes where everyone would be running in place. It went away as soon as I was out of the instance.

Not exactly the same thing but for some reason in LFR and BGs I get crazy lag spikes when people are leaving/entering the instance. It's the worst in AV/Isle where I have seen upwards of 10 second lag spikes and start to wonder if I am just losing my internet. It really bugs me, makes looting bosses at the end of LFR a very annoying process.

Rokam

Mine's Fatboss, Treckie, and Slootbag in terms of PvE.

But for PvP... well, PvP doesn't appeal me, so I don't have any favorites in that department.

Only one I watch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watch a lot of less popular gold making streamers because I think it's always fascinating to see how people figure out different ways to make gold, and I do enjoy seeing new takes on old content. I also contribute some ideas myself, so I'm somewhat ingrained into that community like ProfitzTV. And the lower viewer number tends to make the host more interactive with the community.

I can't stand most the big streamers because it's a lot of AFK, inside jokes on Skype, and their only interaction with the community tends to be reading donations and reading subscriber names which is kind of like 'well of course you interact in that way.' The only exceptions I find are Nobbel and Hotted.

And I'm just not a fan of watching current content raids.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a list of all the 'lore item' easter eggs in WoW?

All I can think of is
Atiesh with Shade of Aran
Warglaives with Illidan in the Well of Eternity
Corrupted Ashbringer in Scarlet Monastery(no longer works)

Others? Anything with the thori'dal, the fangs of the father, gorehowl, val'anyr or dragonwrath?

ZenaxPure

Others? Anything with the thori'dal, the fangs of the father, gorehowl, val'anyr or dragonwrath?

I wouldn't classify it as an easter egg but Wrathion in MoP has a bunch of custom dialogue if you have the legendary daggers (and you automatically skip to honored with his rep). I thought it was really awesome since it came up multiple times over the course of the MoP legendary quest chain instead of just a single throwaway line.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don't actually know the answer to your question off the top of my head, but, if you want to check individual character achievements you can just scroll over the point value of an achievement and it will tell you if you have done it on that character or not. While technically all achievements are account wide now only the ones with a blue highlight across the top are truly account wide, the others can still be "earned" on a character even if you have them unlocked on the account. None of the heroic dungeon achievements have the blue highlight thing so you can check if that specific character has done them or not.

Thanks I did not know that. That is very helpful.

That was the case for MoP Heroics and CMs, but it isn't the case for WoD dungeons. You can waltz into a CM right when you hit 100 without doing any Heroics, you just probably won't be successful.

That being said you will definitely want to have done them all and be familiar with the mechanics because the CM versions are a lot harder. I would also recommend watching a video guide of each one.

Good to know. Looks like I don't have to worry about it then. I have done all the dungeons multiple times, just not on my Paladin I want to do the CMs on. I am thinking of buying a CM Gold clear since I make tons of gold and there's nothing I really want to spend it on.

ampere

oh yeah

kill stealing piece of shit

Did you glitch precious or stinky up there? I think goon squad got the "World First Tirion Fordring kill" back in the day with that lol.

I wouldn't classify it as an easter egg but Wrathion in MoP has a bunch of custom dialogue if you have the legendary daggers (and you automatically skip to honored with his rep). I thought it was really awesome since it came up multiple times over the course of the MoP legendary quest chain instead of just a single throwaway line.

That quest chain was so so awesome. I was a dirty legendary whore and main swapped to my rogue that tier :x, we did need another rogue though. The stealth quests were hard and a blast, and I died when the gnome said "Maybe it's your gear..." after I failed the quest near Karazhan. Such a great troll lol.

TheYanger

way more than that, it was available for all of BC, I know on my server there were 2-3 groups clearing per week for that entire period.

ZenaxPure

The stealth quests were hard and a blast, and I died when the gnome said "Maybe it's your gear..." after I failed the quest near Karazhan. Such a great troll lol.

Oh yeah me too. The Kara one I struggled a lot with just getting into that cellar lol, I was so bad at getting the pats down. Once I got into it it wasn't too big a deal though. But yeah I loved everything about that quest chain and loved that you got special dialogue with Wrathion all through Mists if you completed it. Really nice touch.

JSoup

Banned
Huh, my flight map has a dummy point. Horde side, I'm seeing the flight point for Exarch's Refuge (the Alliance landing point, that is), but the map reds out the icon. Funny.

Welp, my guild and raid group imploded before we even started raiding on Saturday, it's splintered into 2 guilds now so I'm gonna take a couple weeks off raiding and wait for the dust to settle

JSoup

Banned
Huh, my flight map has a dummy point. Horde side, I'm seeing the flight point for Exarch's Refuge (the Alliance landing point, that is), but the map reds out the icon. Funny.

And I see why, now. When the expansion first launched, you could open up both flight points by talking to the master. They are right next to each other, one for each faction. Looks like they closed off wrong-factioned one, but didn't remove it from the flight map.

Ya know, its interesting. The Worgen are my favorite race in WoW, but even I initially kinda thought that their whole explanation for existing/being in the Alliance/their ties to the Night Elves was sorta weak.

Then after randomly reading the Curse of the Worgen comic, and specifically looking into the questline of the Scythe of Elune from Pre-Cata, it actually makes a TON of sense. Like moreso than I could have ever come up with. It's just funny that the game itself does a terrible job of explaining it and makes it seem like convenient retconning and fan service...But seriously, if you look up the old Scythe of Elune questline which has been in the game since vanilla, until Cata and read the 5 part comic...they did an incredible job of tying it all in.

Atlantis

A few strategy changes and Blast Furnace died really easily tonight. Happy we got it down before the "nerf".

No trinket though, still rocking that 645. :p

Renekton

(edit: nvm dropping the subject and putting it in old reply)

Back on current topic, hopefully the item bump puts me in invite range for heroic Blackhand/Maiden/BF PuGs. I want to get some tries on them.

CassSept

That's a joke right? T7 was just easier versions of bosses most of them already did.

I meant that WotLK was released on 13th and by 15th people were able to demolish (well, there was OS3D but lockouts and all) through all raid content Mind you the leveling process was significantly longer than of any subsequent expansion, I reached 80 on 20th November and was still pretty early to the party, on a high pop server.

Entropia

No One Remembers
(edit: nvm dropping the subject and putting it in old reply)

Back on current topic, hopefully the item bump puts me in invite range for heroic Blackhand/Maiden/BF PuGs. I want to get some tries on them.

The ilvl requirement for those are just going to go up too, sadly. :(

Well, I guess I need to bitch more often about mounts. Finally got experiment 27 Friday night. Now to get Blazing Drake and ill be happy. Its the last one I need for the awake the drakes meta.

Stupid Skylines taking my WoW time away. How the hell am I supposed to have time to game when working 2 jobs and being a dad. Bah!

Mupod

finally killed something in mythic foundry. I was dreading Oregorger since I am really bad at the fight on heroic but our strategy made dodging his rolls inconsequential.

Kind of annoyed that all our mythic highmaul progress was kind of a waste of time loot-wise. But I don't mind a free +5 item levels on half my gear. We'll probably bump off Kor'agh when we have the time and be done with that place.

Milennia

with the ilvl change we should "hopefully" be able to finally finish blackhand mythic this week.

sucks that its coming right now when so many guilds are close to a kill and the fight is nicely tuned.

ampere

with the ilvl change we should "hopefully" be able to finally finish blackhand mythic this week.

sucks that its coming right now when so many guilds are close to a kill and the fight is nicely tuned.

Seems like a crazy fight without 3 Rogues. Crazy with them too.

Atlantis

Good to know I'm not the only one that can't get rid of a 645 trinket.

I feel your pain, friend. :/

I was luckily enough to get my tier token from the boss at least, replaced a 655 and bumped my ilvl up by three points just like that.

With the previous buffs and Tuesday's hotfix, I'm looking at an almost 400 Spirit increase if/when I get the trinket, it sounds insane.

Top Bottom