• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

frontovik

Banned
So, I wished a stranger good luck in his run for Ashes of Al'ar, after he complimented me on my Deathcharger's Reins. Then he gets the drop ..

I'm happy for him, but I've been farming Kael for it too :(

I've had a day or two to process this ilvl change in BRF and now I've got a paranoid fear that it's papering over a much deeper change further down the line, like cut content that would have represented the designed ilvl ceiling for this expansion and now that it's gone, we need existing content to get players there, instead. I fear this means we're only getting one more raid tier (split over as many instances as they want, gated or not the way the launch tier was) and that's it.

ZenaxPure

I've had a day or two to process this ilvl change in BRF and now I've got a paranoid fear that it's papering over a much deeper change further down the line, like cut content that would have represented the designed ilvl ceiling for this expansion and now that it's gone, we need existing content to get players there, instead. I fear this means we're only getting one more raid tier (split over as many instances as they want, gated or not the way the launch tier was) and that's it.

Eh I think you're over thinking it. I think it is mostly due to normal modes which I imagine is where most of the player base actually is (not including LFR obviously). Normal BRF gear is only 5 ilvls higher than conquest gear which is insanely easy to obtain (not to mention you get 3 options per slot on conquest stuff). And then on top of that it is a lower ilvl than crafted gear, apexis gear, and heroic HM gear which people doing normal have been getting heroic caches for months now (and have probably dabbled a bit in heroic, H Kargath is jokes).

Mostly just speaking from personal experience, but, I run normal BRF with a casual group who never cleared heroic HM and we shard more BRF gear than we use. It's just so easy to get as good or better gear elsewhere.

Renekton

The BRF gear statistical distribution is slightly wacky too :D I was joining some progression guilds from PUG finder so unable to roll on tier gear, ended up with multistrike and versatility up the wazoo from non-sets.

Fjordson

Just got the Ji-kun mount!! Now I only have to solo to Horridon heh
Oh shit, grats man! See you're still gettin' them mounts.

Been really thinking about resubbing this month and getting my mount runs rolling again :lol also getting that itch to try and get into some WoD raiding.

I doubt most of WoWGAF around here watches WoW streamers (Be it PvE or PvP), but if you do, what are your favorites?

Mine's Fatboss, Treckie, and Slootbag in terms of PvE.

But for PvP... well, PvP doesn't appeal me, so I don't have any favorites in that department.
I haven't been watching Twitch much lately since I haven't been playing, but I like watching Woundman, Yoni, Ziqo, Xaryu and Venruki.

StMeph

What do you think the game time tokens will go for one the system goes live?

I'm currently expecting 30-40k, which would mean a well-oiled Garrison with at least one alt can more than contribute that over the course of a month, and so WoW subs may become self-sustaining. Any higher seems ridiculous, and any lower would be incredible.

Oibignose

What do you think the game time tokens will go for one the system goes live?

I'm currently expecting 30-40k, which would mean a well-oiled Garrison with at least one alt can more than contribute that over the course of a month, and so WoW subs may become self-sustaining. Any higher seems ridiculous, and any lower would be incredible.

I hope it's the higher end of your estimate. I would class myself as cash rich but time poor compared to the average wow player. The chance to safely acquire 40k in gold for the price of a monthly sub token is very appealing. I think I'd have to bite at that exchange rate.

They might be like, 25k, maybe a little higher when they first go live. Possibly 30k. Not much more than that though based on current gold-sellers prices. Might even be as low as 20k or so (checked some gold-selling sites just now and it was on the more expensive side.)

20k a month and I'd pretty much be in for life, lol. I could do 25k indefinitely too. More than 30k or so and it gets uncomfortable enough that I'd only do it if I really couldn't spare the sub money that month. This is coming from someone with 1mil+ gold.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They might be like, 25k, maybe a little higher when they first go live. Possibly 30k. Not much more than that though based on current gold-sellers prices. Might even be as low as 20k or so (checked some gold-selling sites just now and it was on the more expensive side.)

20k a month and I'd pretty much be in for life, lol. I could do 25k indefinitely too. More than 30k or so and it gets uncomfortable enough that I'd only do it if I really couldn't spare the sub money that month. This is coming from someone with 1mil+ gold.

Listen to this man. Every single MMO with this feature has their prices dictated by the gold farmers. It happened with Wildstar it'll happen with WoW.

StMeph

There's easily enough gold from Garrison missions through the Inn just sustain a permanent 20-25k monthly sub. At that price, my Garrison would indefinitely pay for my WoW sub without breaking a sweat.

I always assumed legitimate avenues of buying in-game currency would cost slightly more than black market options if just because of the risks involved.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There's easily enough gold from Garrison missions through the Inn just sustain a permanent 20-25k monthly sub. At that price, my Garrison would indefinitely pay for my WoW sub without breaking a sweat.

I always assumed legitimate avenues of buying in-game currency would cost slightly more than black market options if just because of the risks involved.

There are no risks involved buying gold, unless you're doing hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth at a time, Blizzard doesn't do shit and they almost never scam you, they want repeat customers.

If anything when CREDD was released in wildstar it crashed the gold farmer market because it was so cheap, which is the point a lot of people overlook.

M.D

How fast can you get the Darkmoon Faire currency? I want to get heirloom items for my monk but never really messed with that event

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How fast can you get the Darkmoon Faire currency? I want to get heirloom items for my monk but never really messed with that event

Can't you just buy them with gold now in IF or UC since 6.1? Why waste time doing Darkmoon quests & dailies? Imo, they're only good for the mounts and pets.

ZenaxPure

Can't you just buy them with gold now in IF or UC since 6.1? Why waste time doing Darkmoon quests & dailies? Imo, they're only good for the mounts and pets.

Still worth it if you want to save gold since all the heirloom stuff is pretty expensive if you are starting from scratch. When you buy an heirloom now it's level 60 which means you need a level 90 and 100 upgrade token for every single piece. Basically 3500g for each piece of armor and even more for a weapon.

Anyway, you can build up a few hundred per month if you do every single one of the one time monthly quests. The only real catch is that most of those monthly quests come from items that are random drops from around the world which means you need to go out and farm each of them individually or buy them from the AH. But if you are just going to buy them on the AH you're better off just trashing the entire idea and paying gold for your heirlooms.

M.D

Still worth it if you want to save gold since all the heirloom stuff is pretty expensive if you are starting from scratch. When you buy an heirloom now it's level 60 which means you need a level 90 and 100 upgrade token for every single piece. Basically 3500g for each piece of armor and even more for a weapon.

Anyway, you can build up a few hundred per month if you do every single one of the one time monthly quests. The only real catch is that most of those monthly quests come from items that are random drops from around the world which means you need to go out and farm each of them individually or buy them from the AH. But if you are just going to buy them on the AH you're better off just trashing the entire idea and paying gold for your heirlooms.

Yup, my idea is just to save a bunch of gold
I'll go there once the event starts, thanks!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate to encourage blizzard to reuse mounts(because they love doing that for anything that isn't a shop mount), they need to reuse the Amani Bear skeleton/model more. Remove the troll trinkets if you must, but the base way it moves and way it idles is so good. It actually looks like a giant fucking bear and runs like a tank instead of the vanilla bears which aren't intimidating at all.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

I agree, but gold sellers are selling game time for 15k on my server. It might be way high at the beginning but it'll even out to about 20k IMO. People with a million gold may as well be set for life, though.

ZenaxPure

I agree, but gold sellers are selling game time for 15k on my server. It might be way high at the beginning but it'll even out to about 20k IMO. People with a million gold may as well be set for life, though.

I think it would be really funny to buy decades worth of game time just to hover over the subscription box on the battle.net app and see it say "Your subscription expires on x, x, 2044."

Actually makes me wonder if there is a cap how much game time you can buy.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I think it would be really funny to buy decades worth of game time just to hover over the subscription box on the battle.net app and see it say "Your subscription expires on x, x, 2044."

Actually makes me wonder if there is a cap how much game time you can buy.

i dont know, probably not. maybe there's a technical limitation somewhere, but i can see it being at like 5 years or something.

also, it frees up money to buy store pets in lieu of spending money on game time. i might buy a couple pets/mounts, it'd be like buying them for the gold i spend on the token :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thanks

Yeah I don't think non-tanks can solo Council yet. Frost DoTs, Quicksand, Stun unless you dodge/parry... it is still challenging for me to do after many weeks

Any advice for 2 manning Council? Friend I run MSV with and I will likely be looking at two manning ToT for the mounts(Once we run out of Cata/WOTLK mounts to farm). Maybe save a lockout after Council.

Milennia

So Nihilum is the 21st guild that downed Blackhand, without the BRF ilvl buff and Kungen.

As should be expected, they raid an immense amount.
7 days/10-12 hours per isnt very far off from what I would call a top 10 world guild

we raid 5 days 4 hours per and aren't miles off from killing it either

They still did well however I don't think they will be around much longer

Shahadan

God must hate me because the pets in Hyjal Summit refuse to drop, so I have to endure this horrible, horrible place every week.
I hate this raid.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
God must hate me because the pets in Hyjal Summit refuse to drop, so I have to endure this horrible, horrible place every week.
I hate this raid.

Eh. At least you don't have to endure all the NPCs talking during 75% of Dragon Soul and when the Lich King dies(seriously, it takes him almost 2 minutes to dies when he hits 1% because he talks too much). I really want those raid mounts. :p

Robin64

I hear ya about the Hyjal raid. Such a horrible place, and also no pets for me yet either.

At least I'm done with Icecrown. Got both the mount and music roll from Lich King, so screw that place now.

Shahadan

Yeah I almost said Hyjal was the worst thing to do, but then I remembered how much I hate Dragon Soul and ICC for the same reasons :p

Btw I remember BC Hyjal, wiping on the 8th wave before the boss and having to do them all over again.
Sometimes I wonder in what world we were living. And the devs too.

ampere

Yeah Hyjal feels awful because the 2nd area has so many spread out flying mobs. Ugh. Wish I had a 1000yd AoE taunt and could LoS them.

Any advice for 2 manning Council? Friend I run MSV with and I will likely be looking at two manning ToT for the mounts(Once we run out of Cata/WOTLK mounts to farm). Maybe save a lockout after Council.

I think you would want one person to be a healer, so you can dispel Quicksand and heal the Frost damage. And be careful of Marli's empowered add, it will still pretty much one shot you so you have to kill it with ranged attacks before it reaches you.

And I'd say kill Sul or Malakk first. Sul is probably less dangerous to 2 manning it with a dispel, but Malakk's stun and damage always suck.

StMeph

Hyjal is awful because the encounters are trivial, but everything is paced on a timer for multiple rounds, and so the whole thing is just waiting.

That, and it's buggy as hell and the rounds don't even behave correctly all the time, forcing resets. Hyjal is worse than ICC or DS.

M.D

Played a bit of prot warrior and brewmaster on ptr, they both seem like fun classes to play but I don't know which one I'd like to play more at 100 once I actually know how to play the class

Being mobile is the most fun thing for me in any class and they both seem to be strong in that regard with monk having a slight edge

Robin64

Last time I did Hyjal, I was halfway through the orc part when it went to Wave -20. How does that even happen? Nothing spawned, then Thrall said we lost and they all vanished.

psylah

Did they increase the drop rates for some legendaries?

After farming Black Temple since Cataclysm, in the past two weeks I've had 3 Warglaives drop.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Did they increase the drop rates for some legendaries?

After farming Black Temple since Cataclysm, in the past two weeks I've had 3 Warglaives drop.

Awhile ago when I boosted a rogue I ran BT on a Monday for the first time and got a warglaive. Then I ran it again on Tuesday and got the 2nd one. Haven't seen any since after running it several times on multiple characters. It's just RNG.

ZenaxPure

I just bought the Hyjal pets on the AH, blizzard can't trick me into going back to that steaming pile of crap they decided to call a raid. Only paid around 10k for them so it wasn't to big of a deal.

Outside of those pets though I've had surprisingly good luck with this raiding with leashes, only need the fragment of anger and I will be done. Was tempted to just buy it as well because I'm not the biggest fan of BT either, but, only one on my AH was 25k gold last I checked. Will probably just kill that boss on all my alts this week and hope for the best.

ampere

I'm doing Hyjal because my Monk doesn't have the rep and I am a dirty completionist.

It bums me out that my former main, Shaman, has a bunch of difficult reps and I get shoehorned into playing him to get "## exalted reps" achievements. Trying to get my Monk's total up so that if they add a 70 reps achievement I can just use my Monk.

cdyhybrid

I'm doing Hyjal because my Monk doesn't have the rep and I am a dirty completionist.

It bums me out that my former main, Shaman, has a bunch of difficult reps and I get shoehorned into playing him to get "## exalted reps" achievements. Trying to get my Monk's total up so that if they add a 70 reps achievement I can just use my Monk.

This is how I feel with my DK. He's only a few thousand away from Frostwolf exalted, which is probably going to be the quickest way for me to get an exalted rep for the level 3 Trading Post. Unfortunately, that's still hours' worth of farming mobs :(

Also, he's my only character that's completed all the Argent Tournament stuff so he can do dailies for the tokens for the various mounts. Fortunately, I only have one left, so I'll only need to do them for a few more days once I get back into mount farming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reputation is one of the most needed things to be account-wide. The thinking people put forth is that Blizzard keeps it single character bound because it keeps people playing, but how many people realistically are still subbed JUST so they can grind out that last bit of rep? Not a lot, I would wager.

In a side note: I got a Blade of Wizardry from salvage.

Top Bottom