• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TomServo

My main hasn't gotten an upgrade from heroic Highmaul or normal BRF caches in... forever.

Last night I decide to burn up all of my alt's follower upgrades, run his first BRF cache mission, and end up looting his Blackhand trinket.

FML.

Edit: With tertiary stat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Elegon is easily duoable now and soloable if you have about 660+ ilevel as a pet class. I can't do it on my hunter simply because of the troll guy being a dps check. So I'm doing that with my friend who already has the mount now.
Pretty ridiculous, don't think I've ever seen it drop a single time and I have close to 50 Ultraxion kills just on my rogue alone.

I'm at well over 120 Yogg and Alys kills since MOP soloing if that makes you feel any better. And 80+ on Arthas and Rag.

ampere

Yeah Gara'jal is the only potential roadblock to soloing Elegon. My 640 DK was a bit tight on Gara'jal, couldn't quite do it. But I easily solo MSV and ToT weekly on my 687 Brewmaster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine by the next tier of LFR, the raid will be soloable by everyone.

Thank god they don't refine mounts to 25 man exclusively anymore. I'm curious if H Garrosh will be soloable by the end of the expansion in meh gear. Need them tusks.

I feel kinda dirty about it but I got Spellflash for Warlocks and went from averaging 15.5k to 22k DPS. No gear change. I guess I was really clueless as to what I was doing, lol.

ZenaxPure

Wow, you guys inspired me to try out MSV and it was pretty easily doable on my rogue (on 10 man normal). Guess that is a new thing to look forward to weekly.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Well I tend to think that any Legion stronghold will just be green everywhere, totally Fel infested. Kinda like Borg make everything green.

To Unfel, you'd just turn it to Purple. WoW Argus: The Quest for Purple. Which would be a great excuse to get Prince to sing Purple Rain over the final cinematic, or have Johnny Gat and The Boss bring The Saints over to Kanye's Power. Hell, do both at the same time. The Quest For Preezy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just want to know why, after the green fire quest, my Orc Warlock didn't turn red. Did I not just consume a demon? Does it matter that I consumed its essence rather than its blood? So I can absorb a huge chunk of fel energy as long as it's not in liquid form?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just want to know why, after the green fire quest, my Orc Warlock didn't turn red. Did I not just consume a demon? Does it matter that I consumed its essence rather than its blood? So I can absorb a huge chunk of fel energy as long as it's not in liquid form?

I'm pretty sure the quest text dialogue states that you that you are only siphoning a tiny bit of fel energy.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'd like to ask this: How do you guys manage to stay positive during an entire raid night of wiping? Me and my guild had like 3 raid nights on Blast Furnace HC and it was nothing but a wipefest across 3 hours. The encounter is starting to wear me down.

Hell, at the moment, we can't manage even to get to phase 2 without getting wiped.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'd like to ask this: How do you guys manage to stay positive during an entire raid night of wiping? Me and my guild had like 3 raid nights on Blast Furnace HC and it was nothing but a wipefest across 3 hours. The encounter is starting to wear me down.

Hell, at the moment, we can't manage even to get to phase 2 without getting wiped.
If you can't even get to the second phase after three raid nights on the encounter I would probably just find a new guild or something.

cdyhybrid

This:

If you can't even get to the second phase after three raid nights on the encounter I would probably just find a new guild or something.

But if that's not an option, I'd probably just try and compete with myself. Do more damage than last pull, etc.

That or drink.

ampere

That feeling when you log on and you still have your food buff and rune buff because the last pull of the previous night was a well executed progression kill

feels good

Renekton

Patch 2.0.10 had a single line of "SSC bosses received some additional tuning and polish" and then everything but Vashj dropped dead within a week.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/934126-World-First-Boss-Takedowns-A-Comprehensive-List

Hydross and Leo (with 3 resets in between) before the patch, then 2 bosses on patch week, Lurker week-ish after. Aside from the top 10, there are no statistics (correct me if wrong) on if the top 400 guilds cleared them painlessly post-patch relative to other expac raids.

edit: SK Gaming 1st down list <- the TBC dates tally more or less

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/934126-World-First-Boss-Takedowns-A-Comprehensive-List

Hydross and Leo (with 3 resets in between) before the patch, then 2 bosses on patch week, Lurker week-ish after. Aside from the top 10, there are no statistics (correct me if wrong) on if the top 400 guilds cleared them painlessly post-patch relative to other expac raids.

That patch made everything stupid easy. My guild had been struggling at the time, the patch came through and we started steamrolling the place.

As B-Dubs mentioned it's not enough to go by data of when bosses first started dying. In TBC you stacked the shit out of your raid or you did. not. progress. Blizzard was still very much in the mode of design where raid content was intended to push only the very extreme edge of the playerbase and did not care how accessible the content was. Hence Magtherideon v1, Gruul v1 and SSC v1. It was only after some extreme pushback from the top 1% of players that the content was fixed and eventually scaled back, thereby letting more guilds actually get through the content.

Nevertheless Blizz wasn't done designing raids around how far you could take class stacking. If you didn't have a 5+member rotation of bloodlust/drums you weren't getting past Brutallus, for example. They also weren't yet with the idea of opening raid bosses on the PTR, as BT's opening week embarrassingly showed.

Just did the Nagrand scenario for the first time as alliance.

Where the hell are all the Human soldiers? I get there being a ton of Draenei soldiers but I saw more Night Elves than Humans.

Atlantis

My guild is at the exact same point as yours and I totally understand where you're coming from. We've had probably two nights of attempts on it and our closest attempt was probably 3.5 Elementalists dead in Phase 2. We've had better attempts that were ruined earlier by small mistakes though, the boss is pretty unforgiving that way.

It's easy to get discouraged when you're seeing Mythic world firsts posted all over and you think everyone is so far ahead. After looking across the interweb though, I feel a lot less alone with our struggles with this boss. We spend time after every raid going over logs and seeing what went well and what needs to be fixed, and it helps motivation to see even small progression by your raiders.

I agree with the other posters though that not getting into Phase 2 after so many attempts is really problematic. What exactly is the issue?

CassSept

Nevertheless Blizz wasn't done designing raids around how far you could take class stacking. If you didn't have a 5+member rotation of bloodlust/drums you weren't getting past Brutallus, for example. They also weren't yet with the idea of opening raid bosses on the PTR, as BT's opening week embarrassingly showed.

My fav example is still when we stacked 6 shamans for Eredar Twins because chain heal and then needed 4 healers top for M'uru. Sunwell was crazy.

Now T7 in comparison to past bosses is straight embarrassing.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I agree with the other posters though that not getting into Phase 2 after so many attempts is really problematic. What exactly is the issue?

Here's a link of our last raid night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mk4BajW7Q1wCnKTL

Though to be honest, our Druid tank (don't ask) wasn't with us due to real life commitments and we were forced to have our pally healer go as tank, so I didn't expect we would go smoothly on the fight.

Our main problems seems to be timing the phase 2 transition (specifically having no bellows operators alive) and having too many adds on the tanks during the transition.

Obviously, on the last few pulls, the DPS wasn't doing good (especially mine) and that's because we all felt tired of getting wiped all the time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Now T7 in comparison to past bosses is straight embarrassing.

That's a joke right? T7 was just easier versions of bosses most of them already did.

This thread you linked is all kinds of fucked up. ICC Released on Feb 10th? It released Dec 8th and Lich King opened on Feb 2nd.

It calls everything else there into question as well =p

Nokterian

Patch 2.0.10 had a single line of "SSC bosses received some additional tuning and polish" and then everything but Vashj dropped dead within a week.

I do remember that...all those bosses where very very hard even up to magtheridon the opening raid the first raid of the expansion.

strafer

Do you guys remember that the official WoW site used to have this page were they show what enemies killed people the most and what items picked up the most etc.

I miss that.

It's kind of a shame that the 1-60 questing is stuck in the Cata era "avoid players having more than 2 quests in their log at all times" design.

I haven't gone through this in a few years now, but Durotar after the Troll Intro is basically:

• Receive two quests.
  • Complete quests and return to hub.
  • Same two NPCs now give two more quests in the same location (or very close).
  • Repeat.

As 1-60 mobs essentially melt on contact now, this is a pretty boring experience comprised mostly of traveling back and forth to a quest hub.

strafer

It's kind of a shame that the 1-60 questing is stuck in the Cata era "avoid players having more than 2 quests in their log at all times" design.

I haven't gone through this in a few years now, but Durotar after the Troll Intro is basically:

• Receive two quests.
  • Repeat.

As 1-60 mobs essentially melt on contact now, this is a pretty boring experience comprised mostly of traveling back and forth to a quest hub.

I agree, there are quests in the old world that could use the auto turn in function, especially those that involves the same area.

Could really help increase the flow.

Rokam

Did the follower missions that reward archaeology fragments get removed? Don't think I have seen any since that first week after 6.1.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

• Receive two quests.
  • Repeat.

The best part is that "make 1-90 leveling experience fun again" is probably on the list of things to do as like, a joke or something.

There's no way they fix the leveling again, especially now that there's the paid boost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With the class prune, every class needs to start at 55-58. I've been saying this for a while. It's not like anyone even quests anymore. Most people just dungeon level.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

When it comes to zone design I don't really mind the gradual push that Cataclysm zones have where you move across the zone. There are actually certain benefits to that style that provides a more cohesive story to zones. By comparison Draenor is kind of a mess when it comes to in world storytelling.

The greater bother with old world questing continues to be the absurdly busted experience gains that makes following those fairly linear questing paths unrealistic. Most storylines and quest chains typically have to be dropped because level progression moves at a much more rapid pace than quest/world progression. Heirlooms only make this worse.

Early level questing has also been made pretty flat with just how slowly abilities and talents roll out, a problem exacerbated by talent pruning. Finding a way to normalize the experience of early leveling where players had more freedom to quest in whatever zone they wanted to would be helpful, but would require some radical system changes. Finding a way to somehow cross the flex difficulty system with a shared world presents a pretty steep challenge.

I still think the weakest parts of the leveling experience are Pandaria and Outlands right now. When I'm thinking about the issues with leveling the design of Cataclysm zones is pretty low on the list.

ZenaxPure

It's not like anyone even quests anymore. Most people just dungeon level.

Not sure I agree with that, I pretty much exclusively quest on my alts and I see plenty of other people through CRZ. Been leveling a new priest lately since my main one is on a different server and I compete for mobs at pretty much every hub during prime hours. It's actually kind of annoying because old world named mobs do not have the free tag applied like Mists/WoD stuff so you can run into waiting on spawn problems if you aren't taking that into account.

Anyway, personally I'd like to see them do like a reboot to leveling or something. Change the level cap to like 20 and start current max level people at level 10 and just have an entire expansion continent that has zones for 1-20 and just leave all the old stuff back in the past as quests you can do if you want once you reach the new max level.

Granted your solution of starting new characters at level 55 would be a lot easier, just really lazy.

Robin64

BRF drops getting a hotfix buff.

CAE5sN9UIAE5Y8g.png:large

I'm not sure if this is true for Outlands (I think it is), but from Wrath forward I've noticed since the squish that you can very easily just do a single zone from min level to max level for that expansion and not notice much of a decrease in average quest exp. I just leveled a Paladin 85-90 on Jade Forest alone and a Rogue 85-90 on Valley alone. The difference between Jade Forest and Frostfire is maybe 1-2 thousand?

This is harder to do with 1-60 as having 60 levels for the time spent is literally insane now. 1-60 needs to be squished to 1-10, or something of that nature.

The primary roadblock to any of the changes suggested on this page is that the solution now is "just buy a boost" and will continue to be. Why spend money to fix a problem whose current solution is printing money?

As for "just run dungeons": I can't anymore. I get that it's easy and none of it matters, but when you have DPS just running through, pulling everything in sight, leaving pets on taunt 24/7, etc. it's just a shit show. Make old dungeons scenario style without a trinity, it isn't required right now anyway.

Atlantis

Interesting change. I must admit that finding upgrades from BRF for myself has been a bit of a challenge thanks to things like Mythic Cache pieces and gem slot upgrades on my HM gear.

Regretting passing on so much gear now. :p

ampere

Did the follower missions that reward archaeology fragments get removed? Don't think I have seen any since that first week after 6.1.

I don't think they appear on their own anymore. You can force spawn them with items you buy in Warspear with restored artifacts

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAE5sN9UIAE5Y8g.png:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Makes sense. The ilevel boost Highmaul -> BRF wasn't the best flow

I need to item restore some BRF gear now lol.

Top Bottom