• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hyjal is so buggy for me.

We were in the second area and the mobs bugged out. First we auto wiped, then mobs spawned out of nowhere, bringing our total count up to -14 or -15, then the first wave came.

Such a waste of my time. I have about 300 unique pets, but I want those achievements damnit.

Usually when people have bugs in Hyjal it's because they're out ahead where the mobs spawn instead of the waiting area where Blizzard wants you. Don't know if that's what happened to you, but that's normally a cause for bugs in that raid.

ZenaxPure

I'm doing Hyjal because my Monk doesn't have the rep and I am a dirty completionist.

Haha. Thankfully I am already exalted with my rogue and have been for a long time so I didn't need to worry about gaining rep.

This is how I feel with my DK. He's only a few thousand away from Frostwolf exalted, which is probably going to be the quickest way for me to get an exalted rep for the level 3 Trading Post. Unfortunately, that's still hours' worth of farming mobs :(

Sounds like you aren't that far away from exalted so it's probably too late now but in all honesty the Steamwheedle rep in Nagrand is pretty fast. It's the only Draenor rep that doesn't feel like it was completely phoned in. Bunch of rare spawns that drop items that give rep and there are treasure chests littered all over the level 100 side of Nagrand that have rep items in them.

Actually would go as far to say that I enjoyed that rep as I was doing it with my friend and we would 2 man the rare spawns then spend the rest of the time running around looking for treasure chests waiting on respawns.

cdyhybrid

Haha. Thankfully I am already exalted with my rogue and have been for a long time so I didn't need to worry about gaining rep.

Sounds like you aren't that far away from exalted so it's probably too late now but in all honesty the Steamwheedle rep in Nagrand is pretty fast. It's the only Draenor rep that doesn't feel like it was completely phoned in. Bunch of rare spawns that drop items that give rep and there are treasure chests littered all over the level 100 side of Nagrand that have rep items in them.

Actually would go as far to say that I enjoyed that rep as I was doing it with my friend and we would 2 man the rare spawns then spend the rest of the time running around looking for treasure chests waiting on respawns.

How long do you think it would take to go from ~halfway through Honored to Exalted?

M.D

Also, holy crap, learning to tank with a Brewmaster is stressful/hectic compared to my DK. I feel so squishy.

Is it fun tho? I never tanked but from what I read it seems brewmaster is the most complicated tank to learn to play properly

I don't know if I will ever want to tank as a main character, but its very interesting to me and I'd like to try it at least as an alt and maybe fill in for a raid if my guild is missing a tank or something

I'm having problem deciding between a monk and a warrior for this (also have a 72 DK that I like, but he's so slow and immobile)

Shahadan

It seems to me there were more reps planned originally, you find some weird grey bop items here and there that are suspiciously found on the same enemies and feel like rep items.

ZenaxPure

How long do you think it would take to go from ~halfway through Honored to Exalted?

For which rep? Frostwolf or Steamwheedle? Because if you are only a few thousand away from Frostwolf exalted I imagine that would only take an hour or two at the most. Would be faster than Steamwheedle for sure.

cdyhybrid

For which rep? Frostwolf or Steamwheedle? Because if you are only a few thousand away from Frostwolf exalted I imagine that would only take an hour or two at the most. Would be faster than Steamwheedle for sure.

Steamwheedle. Guess I'll just wait to do that until I finish Frostwolf and get the Trading Post boost then.

ZenaxPure

Steamwheedle. Guess I'll just wait to do that until I finish Frostwolf and get the Trading Post boost then.

Also when grinding out those reps don't forget you can get stuff like guild banners or darkmoon faire top hats. I did Exarch (alliance equivalent to Frostwolf) during the darkmoon faire for the extra push.

You also don't have to grind a single ounce of Arrakoa rep if you commit to doing follower missions on multiple alts, the mission that gives an Arrakoa rep token is BOA so you can just mail it to your main. I probably got around 10k or so Arrakoa rep that way. I would have just done it for the whole rep but you can grind their rep and trigger Botani invasions at the same time so I just did enough grinding each week to trigger a Botani invasion since I still need 2 more invasion mounts, I eventually got exalted with Arrakoa along the way.

cdyhybrid

Also when grinding out those reps don't forget you can get stuff like guild banners or darkmoon faire top hats. I did Exarch (alliance equivalent to Frostwolf) during the darkmoon faire for the extra push.

You also don't have to grind a single ounce of Arrakoa rep if you commit to doing follower missions on multiple alts, the mission that gives an Arrakoa rep token is BOA so you can just mail it to your main. I probably got around 10k or so Arrakoa rep that way. I would have just done it for the whole rep but you can grind their rep and trigger Botani invasions at the same time so I just did enough grinding each week to trigger a Botani invasion since I still need 2 more invasion mounts, I eventually got exalted with Arrakoa along the way.

Yeah, I'm doing that on my Mage, halfway through Revered. I'll probably hit Exalted with them before I can muster up the will to grind a few thousand rep on my DK.

JSoup

Banned
Well shit.

Had no freaking idea it was him.

Only now I will only hear Troy when I listen to Gul'dan.

I joked the other day that since we have Megatron as an Arakkoa, there should be other hilarious voices added.

Gul'dan should be Willem Dafoe. And not just any Willem Dafoe, Spider-Man 3 Willem Dafoe. Try and imagine it.

"I'll kill ya next time, Champions!"

Tacitus_

Well this was interesting

nczrEWa.jpg

We had been receiving raid warnings about his stuff for a while and then BOOM.

Mupod

Well this was interesting

We had been receiving raid warnings about his stuff for a while and then BOOM.

He did that to us last week too. I was like, why the hell are we getting dbm warnings about slag behemoth? Then all of a sudden he just shows up in Oregorger's trash hallway. Killed it anyways but still.

I had no idea that Gul'dan was voiced by Troy Baker :lol:
Dude is everywhere

Reminds me, I played a Tauren for years before I realized it was Steve Blum

Nokterian

Anyone using weak aura's? Want to use it for my assassination rogue but i want scripts for all 3 spec non the less and the whole stuff with it like my cooldowns etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there an add-on that makes my pick/coffee show up on screen only when I'm on my Frostwall Mine? Kind of like Farmhand for MOP? Obviously I can just drag the items to the toolbars, but I do it on 10 characters and would rather just have a location based pop-up.

ampere

Finished up the Glory of the Draenor Raider meta today. That Blackhand achievement was pretty tricky! Had to get a huge group of almost 30 people to help get more ashes. It took us like 2 hours to get enough people and get it.

Mount looks neat, reskinned Poundfist

Tarazet

Trying to figure out what the hell I want to play. I'd like to get back into raiding, but I can't figure out how I want to approach it.

- I enjoyed, and was pretty OK at, tanking back in MoP days, but it seems like the complexity of the encounters has been amped up quite a bit plus I have no Mythic experience. I played Guardian/Feral back then and posted top 100 logs in both specs, but I'm tired of the playstyle as well as not seeing my gear.
- I don't do well playing ranged classes. I can handle the kinds of obstacles that Blizzard throws at melee pretty well, and I feel like being closer to the action helps me avoid the tunnel-vision syndrome I get at range. The only exception was Balance because the rotation is very easy, but the sparkle troll/turkeybeast thing is stupid.
- I'm not fond of extremely fast playstyles. The 1.0 GCD of Windwalker combined with the zillion button presses drives me crazy.

I feel like a melee DPS with solid mobility, survival tools and a relatively slower-paced playstyle would be the best thing for me. Fury? Assassination? Stick with Feral?

cdyhybrid

Trying to figure out what the hell I want to play. I'd like to get back into raiding, but I can't figure out how I want to approach it.

- I enjoyed, and was pretty OK at, tanking back in MoP days, but it seems like the complexity of the encounters has been amped up quite a bit plus I have no Mythic experience. I played Guardian/Feral back then and posted top 100 logs in both specs, but I'm tired of the playstyle as well as not seeing my gear.
- I don't do well playing ranged classes. I can handle the kinds of obstacles that Blizzard throws at melee pretty well, and I feel like being closer to the action helps me avoid the tunnel-vision syndrome I get at range. The only exception was Balance because the rotation is very easy, but the sparkle troll/turkeybeast thing is stupid.
- I'm not fond of extremely fast playstyles. The 1.0 GCD of Windwalker combined with the zillion button presses drives me crazy.

I feel like a melee DPS with solid mobility, survival tools and a relatively slower-paced playstyle would be the best thing for me. Fury? Assassination? Stick with Feral?

Check out Arms/Ret/either DK DPS spec/Combat.

I found all those pretty chill to play. YMMV, of course. Assassination is parsing lower than the other two Rogue specs last I checked - people go Sub for single target and Combat for cleave/AOE.

ZenaxPure

Check out Arms

Think this is what I'd suggest personally. It's fairly slow and predictable and despite warriors being the slowest moving class in the game leap/charge having such short cooldowns makes you really mobile in raid encounters.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the bosses being more complex compared to the past, outside of Mythic anyway. Some of the BRF bosses like Operator and Hans/Franz have a lot of flair but mechanically they aren't actually that crazy or anything. Then you have a boss like Beastlord which imo feels like such an oldschool boss design-wise. Unlocks new stand-alone abilities as the fight goes on and occasionally has adds that come out and do absolutely nothing.

Tarazet

Check out Arms/Ret/either DK DPS spec/Combat.

I found all those pretty chill to play. YMMV, of course. Assassination is parsing lower than the other two Rogue specs last I checked - people go Sub for single target and Combat for cleave/AOE.

I've been working on the same Orc Rogue since 2012, and she's level 73. It's just such a terrible leveling experience, that poor Rogue has spent most of its life being my bank alt. I had an even worse experience with Warrior, rerolling them over and over and getting disenchanted, then finally boosting one only to find I regretted rolling a Blood Elf female..

Maybe if I got a boost on Sargeras or some other server that wasn't Ghostlands, I would feel better about it. I do like how Arms plays, but the sims make me wary.

cdyhybrid

I've been working on the same Orc Rogue since 2012, and she's level 73. It's just such a terrible leveling experience, that poor Rogue has spent most of its life being my bank alt. I had an even worse experience with Warrior, rerolling them over and over and getting disenchanted, then finally boosting one only to find I regretted rolling a Blood Elf female..

Maybe if I got a boost on Sargeras or some other server that wasn't Ghostlands, I would feel better about it. I do like how Arms plays, but the sims make me wary.

Sims (usually) aren't a good gauge of DPS - they're based on Patchwerk fights, which means you just stand in one spot and DPS a single target the entire fight. It's good for comparing pieces of gear or talents, but not projecting actual performance.

Check out WarcraftLogs, it uses actual combat logs of players in raids. Will give you a better idea of what the spec actually performs like. You'll want to sort by boss at the top to see which fights certain specs excel on.

TheYanger

Eh, sims aren't just 'patchwerk' those are just the numbers that get linked around the most. The sim itself is going to only be as good as whoever writes it for the class, but simcraft itself supports all sorts of shit like Helter Skelter movement/boss uptimes, specific timings, etc.

M.D

glorious legplates dropped on farm. i might not be able to get mounts to drop, but i can get that gold, boys.

How much are they selling for on your server? I sniped one from the auction house for 5.5k, listed it for 100k and dropped the price a few times to 60 or 50k and had no luck selling them

Ended up selling them in trade chat for 47k

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Arms warrior. Hell, you can even do a Protection warrior and not do too bad for DPS. You're not as bouncy as a Fury guy, but you will still get the job done and you'll never have to worry about keeping alt-spec gear.

If you really want to do a Rogue, combat is slower than everything, but assassination doesn't require a whole lot of thinking. You give up better DPS, from the more complicated specs, but pretty much you set a poison and start stabbing shit.

However, with the above, if you're coming from a Feral/Guardian, I don't think either are going to seem a lot different than Feral or Guardian. You're still managing rage or combo points. If you want a departure, you may consider a Ret paladin. It's not very fast paced, and you're down to capitalizing on Procs. Unholy DK is fun and different too.

Negator

If you want to play a melee class that is durable, rogue is the answer. I can't tell you how much over the years things like Feint, Cloak of Shadows, Vanish, Evasion, Shadowstep have saved me from dying or have saved the raid from wiping. I always see my melee brethren die to mechanics that rogues can mostly just flat out ignore.

We finally killed heroic Blackhand last night, finally. Just checked the stats, we wiped 70 times. Sporting the sword!

ampere

Eh, sims aren't just 'patchwerk' those are just the numbers that get linked around the most. The sim itself is going to only be as good as whoever writes it for the class, but simcraft itself supports all sorts of shit like Helter Skelter movement/boss uptimes, specific timings, etc.

Yea and the big problem I see is when people look at Mythic BiS sims and complain about their damage. It's like, even if that sim is accurate that likely isn't the gear you'll have on progression...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Arms warrior. Hell, you can even do a Protection warrior and not do too bad for DPS. You're not as bouncy as a Fury guy, but you will still get the job done and you'll never have to worry about keeping alt-spec gear.
I feel like Prot Warrior is one of the most APM heavy specs in the game, and the decisions aren't typically very meaningful. If we're talking about Gladiator it's a dead spec for a reason, and nobody wants to play it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I feel like Prot Warrior is one of the most APM heavy specs in the game, and the decisions aren't typically very meaningful. If we're talking about Gladiator it's a dead spec for a reason, and nobody wants to play it.

No, not talking about gladiator. Just talking about him wanting to play something besides a druid for DPS. Agree that's clicky, but if you don't like fiddling with your loadout between tank and not tank, you don't have to. I even didn't mind Prot paladin for questing in the Cataclysm days, so everyone's mileage may vary.

M.D

Are AskMrRobot logs accurate? I don't understand how they logs work

Looking at warcraft logs, it says for max on kormog heroic between ilvl 665-672 (I was 672 in the fight) that beast mastery dps is 29,751

I've done 32,548 dps in that fight and it AskMrRobot says I'm 87% in level 672 but only 66% in beast mastery hunters and only and only 29% in beast mastery hunters in general

How does that make sense? Also, I kept the Skada data and on our Iron Maidens tried my lowest dps was 31.8k and AskMrRobot says I've done 20, 21 and 23k dps while matching the skada data on most of the fights

Is it straight up using wrong information or what?

TheYanger

Link some of the logs please. There's no absolute for most of this stuff, but askmrrobot is definitely a more casual comparison tool, so it's surprising that you'd rank LOWER there, higher end logs aren't as prevalent. Skada is going to be vastly different either way.

M.D

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/ceb19600-564f-4688-9978-11721daedf80/overview

I'm Windpanda

Now that I think about, we tried normal Blackhand a few days ago and I was pretty sure at the time askmrrobot said my damage was lower than what skada showed

Edit: yes, I have the 4 set bonus for beast mastery hunters
On most fight just talking straight up dps with none of their calculations and comparing me to other hunters it matches my skada logs

Edit 2: so many typing errors on my first post lol
def should not play this late

Ultratech

I still need to finish my ToT meta. I think the skyscreamer's a vastly underrated mount.
The skyscreamer is very cool. Has a neat jump as a ground mount too

Skyscreamer's pretty awesome.

And yeah, the hop it has on the ground is funny.

I really want to do that one at some point. Stupid Hydra boss is a 3 week lock on finishing it though (well, 2 weeks if you've cleared it once before.)

Eh, that's hardly the most annoying one.
If you do Heroic and Normal at least once, that's probably 2/3 of the achievement done right there.

Worst ones are:
-You Said Crossing the Streams Was Bad: Hope you got raid coordination! (And good vision.)
-Ritualist Who?: RNG Madness (at least you can reset for it, but it's still annoying)
-Soft Hands: Super annoying and easy to screw it up. Granted, the hard part is usually just getting the egg.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see LFR Iron Maidens, and I look at LFR Bladefist and I sit there, and I think to myself.

'Were these two fights tuned by the same teams?'

Top Bottom