• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Shahadan

How do I give my followers gear? I can't for the life of me find out how?

You don't really give them gear actually, rather gear upgrades that you can get in the salvage yard or in the dwarf building/whatever the horde equivalent is (War Mill I think?).

Edit: or as mission rewards, of course

Also if you're wondering how exactly, you must be at the mission table, go to the follower screen and click on the item in your iventory, then the follower you want to upgrade

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You don't really give them gear actually, rather gear upgrades that you can get in the salvage yard or in the dwarf building/whatever the horde equivalent is (War Mill I think?).

Edit: or as mission rewards, of course

Also if you're wondering how exactly, you must be at the mission table, go to the follower screen and click on the item in your iventory, then the follower you want to upgrade

Thanks man

How will I know the item can be used on a follower?

I guess Elegon is bugged?

euYs6PR.jpg

I probably could have killed it but I spent so long in p2 that I just got bored. Plus, MoP bosses don't drop as much money as Dragon Soul so meh...

Lashley

So which quest types in WoW do you like?

I enjoy those events were they're full scale wars and you mount weapons etc, yes its a kill quest but its more fun than "oh kill 10 crabs" "oh btw collect 10 shells" "oh find my friend near the crabs"

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got my alt to 100 weeks ago and I'm still sitting at the Apexis Crystal portion of the quest. I just have no motivation for it anymore.

I have only been doing it on one character. My alts are all the same sitting at the start of the chain.

I'm frankly surprised they haven't made it easier to accumulate apexis crystals yet. The garrison missions don't reward nearly enough and the dailies aren't interesting to the player base anymore, making it a slow process to get a group for them.

ZenaxPure

The garrison missions don't reward nearly enough and the dailies aren't interesting to the player base anymore

I'd argue they were never interesting to the player base from the start. No story attached to them and replacing clear cut objectives with a bar to fill up in theory is supposed to offer choice but the reality is every area had one optimal way to fill up the bar and doing it any other way was a waste of time.

Like mentioned they are stupidly easy to get if you have the mage tower/sprit lodge (you get roughly 1000 each day from it) but even then there isn't much to spend them on. The gear is bad in most cases since you only get 6 options and the stats on all the items are widely different so only a piece or 2 will have your optimal stats.

Though really the worst part is that even if you do the daily and have the tower pumping out work orders you are looking at over a month to upgrade a single piece of apexis gear to max ilvl. Less with garrison missions and the tiny bit you get from work orders but that is depending on a lot of RNG. Yeah you can grind them out with garrison resources but I'd rather spend those on other things personally.

Whole thing is a horrible mess, hopefully they completely redesign it in 6.2.

there are spots that make it very easy to farm up a bunch of them and then you don't have to do it for a week or 2

Yep. I use that ogre town right beside the Frostfire portal and it is very easy to farm 100 waystones in less than 10 minutes. Spend an hour there and you won't be going back for weeks.

Yeah as bad as the insane reputation-gated grind for early epics in MoP was (which burned me out on the game before 5.1 released), Apexis crystals are worse, and offer LESS in the way of rewards.

ZenaxPure

Finally got treasure hunter onto my Garona. It's so ridiculous since she can easily bring most missions up to like 80% success even if she only has 1 counter. Low level missions she can 100% even if she doesn't have a counter. Makes maximizing gold from missions a lot easier if you don't have many treasure hunters (which I don't on my main right now).

Too bad the other trait is gnome lover and I got rid of all the filthy gnomes in my garrison months ago.

Thinking I may re-up my sub with a token the next time they dip below 21k again. Even though I'm not super interested in playing at the moment. Can probably make at least that much just with garrison missions 15-20 minutes a day. Besides old raid mount farming which is probably the extent of what I'd be doing. We'll see. Still playing EVE Online and managing two MMOs gets kinda crazy, though I don't actually end up with that much play time of EVE per month in the first place, compared to the amount of time I'd normally put in WoW.

Renekton

Finally got treasure hunter onto my Garona. It's so ridiculous since she can easily bring most missions up to like 80% success even if she only has 1 counter. Low level missions she can 100% even if she doesn't have a counter. Makes maximizing gold from missions a lot easier if you don't have many treasure hunters (which I don't on my main right now).

Too bad the other trait is gnome lover and I got rid of all the filthy gnomes in my garrison months ago.
Do the reroll tokens change her unique assassin trait?

Lashley

I've just bought Salvage Yard lvl 2 with that book. I have 1 book left, thinking Inn level 2, but don't want to use it if inn level 2 blueprint is a reward from a quest later on. Is it?

RPGCrazied

Whoa, Tempting on the virtual ticket this year. I've done it 3 times, but didn't do it last year, I find it easier and cheaper to just wait for the news to hit the internet, but I'd love the chance at the goody bag, depending on price. If its like $100, then forget it. Already paying $40 for the stream.

ampere

Whoa, Tempting on the virtual ticket this year. I've done it 3 times, but didn't do it last year, I find it easier and cheaper to just wait for the news to hit the internet, but I'd love the chance at the goody bag, depending on price. If its like $100, then forget it. Already paying $40 for the stream.

I love the streams they have, for watching the costume contest and such.

I don't think I can justify the trip to Blizzcon this year, but I will be onboard with the digital ticket at least.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.wowhead.com/news=247149/6-2-ptr-patch-notes

WTF @ Hellfire Citadle Bosses.

Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Tanaan Jungle, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Deadeye, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and
Archimonde
himself.

I like the idea of mythic 5 man dungeons.

Finishing the legendary ring already? Jeez.

Yikes,
Elemental Overload now increases multistrike damage by 20% (down from 35%).

Good thing I don't raid anymore or else I'd be annoyed at this..

zugzug

and my account is shut off....I failed as a windwalker monk dps could never get the rotation down correctly, never got above 32k dps. I became the focus of the raid group for my failures so I just let my 6month subscription run out. Last night they only had 10 people log in to raid and they got Heroic Blast Furnace down for first time. I clearly was not Mythic material but some of the same assholes being an arrogant ass during raid to me were the same people not logging into assist me during off raid times. So fuck it. My heyday was BC and WOTLK, and first raid tier of Cata.

I never shoulda used that level 90 level up on Coilfang Alliance, I shoulda known I shoulda used it on a brand new server so fucking over Coilfang alliance.

ZenaxPure

Mythic dungeons are fascinating, I've just been sticking to normal raid difficulty this xpac so I wonder if Hellfire normal will compete with it ilvl wise or if it will be higher. If Hellfire will be higher I won't have much reason to run them on my main but it could be finally a fun way to gear up alts (as I've come to despise BRF LFR with how poor it is set up). My only question is how difficult they will end up, because if they are actually challenging I am not expecting them to be that puggable (see cata launch heroics). They could give some nice longevity to dungeons but I worry that it will only be a subset of the player base even doing them because of difficulty. Obviously too early to tell but I am very curious.

Also WoWdb has more (I guess data mined stuff) about timewalking like "Random Timewalker Dungeon (Wrath of the Lich King)" so that is interesting.

iirate

I know that won't be permanent, but good lord, those Monk nerfs.

Why?

I can at least see some justification for the BM nerfs(purely from the perspective that BM is such a strong spec ATM), but the collateral damage being done to MW, which is already middle of the pack at the high end(ahead of druids and holy priests in terms of viability, behind the rest) and riddled with issues at lower levels of play, is just ridiculous.

EDIT: The MW nerfs aren't really that bad, now that I've actually looked at the math. MW tier 18 sounds ridiculous(in a good way), too. The spec will still be borderline unplayable for new monks, though. I'm also still not really sure why they're nerfing WW and BM damage and wrecking BM's gameplay. It looks like BM will remain a strong tank, but a much less interesting one.

I feel like every single WoD patch has been bad for class gameplay. WotLK-MoP era-class balance may have leaned too much towards homogenization, but this expansion has been about both homogenization AND un-engaging gameplay in a way WoW hasn't really seen before. This isn't more apparent than it is with the monk class. There were elements of the class in MoP that felt really forward-thinking and engaging, and I feel like instead of bringing the rest up to monk's level, WoD has been about bringing monks down.

Hmm. Seems like some exciting stuff in 6.2.

Still gonna be really weird if they don't make it to 6.3 with how anemic 6.1 was (and really total content of Warlords in general past leveling). It's not like they have another expansion announced yet. The timing of it all is gonna be weird and we might end up with another SoO if nothing is announced before Blizzcon and there isn't a 6.3.

Top Bottom