• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ZenaxPure

Hmm. Seems like some exciting stuff in 6.2.

Still gonna be really weird if they don't make it to 6.3 with how anemic 6.1 was (and really total content of Warlords in general past leveling). It's not like they have another expansion announced yet. The timing of it all is gonna be weird and we might end up with another SoO if nothing is announced before Blizzcon and there isn't a 6.3.

Unless they are hiding something really deep these patch notes make it pretty obvious there will be another raid tier (and thus more patches). The final boss of the raid is listed as Archimonde and neither Grom or Gul'dan show up in the boss achievement list.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unless they are hiding something really deep these patch notes make it pretty obvious there will be another raid tier (and thus more patches). The final boss of the raid is listed as ------and neither Grom or Gul'dan show up in the boss achievement list.

Defeating
Archimonde
would be a much greater feat than defeating Gul'Dan, so I don't really see how they can go backwards in the same expansion.

From January 9th:
Blue Post said:
I'm really interested to see how people react to T18. To me it's kind of a big change in direction. Our focus for quite a while has been to look at the bosses and materials of a raid environment, or iconic expansion imagery, and play off those. It's going to be a big departure, where the artists are taking a step back and really looking at the classes themselves, and looking at more classical fantasy materials--as well as just pushing the detail and quality level. I think it's kind of a cool new direction, even though it's almost like going back to a more classic look.

Paladin Tier 18:
T18PaladinMythicROUGH.jpg

aeaedb7f74a76b81a260f6bb6cf3b68b.png

ZenaxPure

None of the tier sets posted yet are complete anyway, but, I said it at the time but that quote sounded like nonsense to me considering they have designed tons of tier sets just based on the theme of a class as opposed to the expansion or raid environment. I mean the current rogue tier set is poison themed and there is nothing else poison themed in the expansion at all.

Wasn't really expecting a dramatic shift considering how nonsense the quote was.

vocab

Monk nerfs, and elemental nerf.

Uh sure. Really glad I unsubbed.

I just read some leaked info about some things/mechanics coming. Just you wait. My god, game is about to get downright stupid.

Also, that elemental tier bonus where you have to walk to a vortex to get a haste buff. EXCITING GAMEPLAY BLIZZ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Might be this one. Don't really see where they could go from here. There's still Grom left but he's been thrown to the side.

I just don't find it very likely Warlords of Draenor will end without us fighting Gul'dan OR Grom.

CassSept

Waiting for the inevitable Kil'jaeden Twins encounter next expansion.

I don't know, doesn't feel like this is the final raid. Many big names, but him as the final boss of the expansion? Eh. And still no Gul'dan.

Renekton

For boss lore significance, Gul'dan ranks on top above everyone since Blizzard shoved him into our faces since level 90.

The expansion can't end without him and Khadgar doing the Red Skull - Captain America thing.

edit: holy crap resto 4pc is baller

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't know what to say about the raid. I thought they would push that out and it would become its own patch. If there is a 2 or 3 boss "bonus" tier I can see that happening and then sticking around for a few months until the next expansion hits.

zugzug

man if this really is the final tier of raiding how bad was this expansion mismanaged.....BRF comes out before Highmaul is exhausted and the Iron Horde just limps out of life no one cares, or even cared.

I was so excited for the Iron Horde was ready to learn about all five tribes and see them stomping. Saw what two tribes...Blizzard you disappointed my tender soul I just want you to know this.

I still wear that Iron Horde Tshirt that was on sale during Blizzcon but only for sale thru the blizzard store, they did not have it at the Blizzcon store. I had to call Blizzard customer help and order me one and she had a really cute voice zomg. Hiding in the corner trying to get away from the hum and voices everywhere of the activity of Blizzcon. I didn't wait till I was outside or back at my hotel. Man she had a cute voice. CSR Girl from Austin Texas call me again I miss your voice :p

Alex

I like the raid game this expansion thus far, solid all around but the narrative in Warcraft means very little to me, honestly.

6.2 looks really interesting to me, although I was considering taking a break until then since we got Heroic Blackhand down and I don't see us ever getting into Mythic. Thing is, simply doing 10 minutes of garrison chores a day (sending out missions, opening crates, exchanging resources for dust, I haven't gathered in months and I don't do my Barn orders anymore) for me, pays for like three tokens a month on it's own at the rate I've been pulling gold in passively. Let me put a note here that I have two alts with fully loaded garrisons, as well, so this isn't all coming from just the one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
holy shit at those doomguard/inferno/felhunter models.

Edit: wow, some pretty interesting looking spoilers with those models

wtf at the
gorefiend
model especially

Tacitus_

Mastery: Master Demonologist has decreased in effectiveness by 4%.
Chaos Wave now deals 25% less damage.
Doom now deals 25% less damage.
Hand of Gul’dan now deals 25% less damage.
Soul Fire now deals 25% less damage.
Touch of Chaos now deals 25% less damage.

Blizz pls :d

ZenaxPure

holy shit at those doomguard/inferno/felhunter models.

Edit: wow, some pretty interesting looking spoilers with those models

wtf at the
gorefiend
model especially

Dungeon Journal entry says
after he fell into the depths of Auchindoun he found hundreds of Draenei souls to gorge himself on until he became a bloated fatty.

Kinda terrifying actually.

Shahadan

Why is it that everytime I cancel my sub they put out a new patch or patch note. Everytime!

Maybe I should do it sooner from now on.

ampere

Wow the Brewmaster changes in 6.2... I can't breathe

5PBvOHr.gif

It's like, hey lets nerf every single thing about them all at once!! And change how the spec plays!! All mid expac!!

I would prefer a "Brewmasters now take 20% more physical damage" nerf. Ugh. I know we are OP and this is the first phase of 6.2 notes, but holy shit it is super depressing to see as a Brewmaster player :(.

Ya :( maybe next year.

Mupod

I know there are no guardian druids alive to answer this question but I wonder if those buffs will make bears worthwhile. I started playing Balance as a temporary thing and it ended up being permanent.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Dungeon Journal entry says
after he fell into the depths of Auchindoun he found hundreds of Draenei souls to gorge himself on until he became a bloated fatty.

Kinda terrifying actually.

Hah, that's kind of cool.

ampere

I know there are no guardian druids alive to answer this question but I wonder if those buffs will make bears worthwhile. I started playing Balance as a temporary thing and it ended up being permanent.

If those buffs go through, Guardians are FotM easily. They are insane insane buffs.

mclem

Defeating
Archimonde
would be a much greater feat than defeating Gul'Dan, so I don't really see how they can go backwards in the same expansion.

A Gul'dan fight in which
he summons Kil'Jaeden
strikes me as something that could fit the bill

There's no garrison ability whilst in Shadowmoon Valley, is there?

You can call on a squad of troops from your Garrison, but that might well be Alliance only; I've not found a Garrison ability in Frostfire Ridge.

ampere

We are still supposed to fight Grommash this expac, so this sort of implies a third tier?

I really hope there are three tiers, fuck the concept of two tier expacs.

Shahadan

We are still supposed to fight Grommash this expac, so this sort of implies a third tier?

Come on, Grommash will probably be our ally. He needs his redemption bullcrap.

Will probably die against reanimated Mannoroth or something for maximum effect.
It's the only way. We won't fight him.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Are we though???????????????????????????????????????????

The cut scene when you sneak into the camp with Garona kind of implies that may have changed!

(But true - Gul'dan and Grommash seem to be absent from this raid)

Shahadan

Gul'dan either dies in the legendary questline (which would suck) or survives for the next expansion, which would be cool.

Frankly the only positive thing in this expansion storyline has been bringing gul'dan back. Killing him so quickly is a hell of a lot of wasted potential.

Anyway since they've said this xpac leads to the next one storywise, I always expected him to be the link

Lanrutcon

Gul'dan either dies in the legendary questline (which would suck) or survives for the next expansion, which would be cool.

Frankly the only positive thing in this expansion storyline has been bringing gul'dan back. Killing him so quickly is a hell of a lot of wasted potential.

Anyway since they've said this xpac leads to the next one storywise, I always expected him to be the link

I don't know how another 'trololol time travel but not' expansion would go down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I still wonder how Guldan got captured in the first place when he was the power source for the Dark Portal, when he had no problem at all to trap Grommash in the latest cutscene.

Sure Grommash had a big army back then, but is that really the only reason?

ampere

They said no Orc finale boss.

When did they say that?

Chilton said Grommash is the final boss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mydjaH_HIE&feature=youtu.be&t=11m35s

I haven't heard this change, although yes they can change their mind whenever they want.

Are we though???????????????????????????????????????????

The cut scene when you sneak into the camp with Garona kind of implies that may have changed!

(But true - Gul'dan and Grommash seem to be absent from this raid)

Yeah maybe.

Ugh all I know is 2 raid tiers + ruining my spec have me feeling shitty today. Bleh.

I would ignore patch notes, but it's so hard when they are blasted in your face like this... everyone is talking about them and I just can't shake that my favorite spec will be completely changed for the worst.

Shahadan

I don't know how another 'trololol time travel but not' expansion would go down.

I don't know, having gul dan following us to our world and meeting with a certain queen seems an easy thing and kinda sensical thing to do.

I still wonder how Guldan got captured in the first place when he was the power source for the Dark Portal, when he had no problem at all to trap Grommash in the latest cutscene.

Sure Grommash had a big army back then, but is that really the only reason?

He got captured and chained during/after the cinematic, probably to his surprise. But anyway in the last cutscene he says he's stronger now.

mileS

Nerfing Survival (for no reason) and buffing BM to be the clear goto raid spec is all they needed to do to confirm my WoW break extending.

Arc

WoD was a fantastic 90-100 experience... But besides that I think it's fair to say this expansion has been crap for me. The 6.2 notes just confirm it.

Draenor has no replay value with the way the quests are all linear story lines, and there really isn't much content. Add that Blizzard is gating Tanaan off to the fairly hardcore when the game desperately needs content and I think it's safe to say they've completely botched endgame.

WoW no longer feelers like a massive world. I hang out by myself doing garrison chores then queue for something and get teleported there. Ashran is no fun as an instance and PvP gear just doesn't seem worth the grind.

I might be done for the expac. My playtime has been reduced to garrison chores and farming abrogator stones.

I'm pretty excited for the new raid as i love the Burning Legion related stuff.

Hopefully they have enough content on the side to keep people interested outside of raids, though. I've been unsubbed since killing Blackhand HC and not in any rush to resub until 6.2 hits.

Mupod

our raid group is slowly dropping off too. I'm honestly surprised it lasted this long, considering every single one of us came back after a long absence. It was great raiding with the old team again but I don't think most of us expected to play for more than a few months. Even if we ramp up recruitment and replace everyone, that just means we're raiding with randoms instead of the people we came back to the game to play with.

I'll keep going since I'm still having fun, but I know when I've lost interest in an MMO. I only log in to raid, and I'm glad the Garrison exists because I don't care enough to farm shit. When I'm really invested in an MMORPG I practically eat and sleep that game. In vanilla/BC all I ever wanted to do was play WoW even if I wasn't particularly doing anything to advance my character, I've been in that stage with TERA and FF14 as well. But it passes. It's just that WoW has found a way to make it easy to do the one activity I'm not tired of, so I can keep raiding casually while playing other games.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can honestly say with no hyperbole that this is the worst expansion of the game. Garrisons were a neat concept but, it really killed the game for me. I never leave mine unless I need to go to the AH.

Since I've stopped raiding, I haven't had a need to even leave my garrison. It's really disappointing.

TheYanger

Wow the Brewmaster changes in 6.2... I can't breathe

5PBvOHr.gif

It's like, hey lets nerf every single thing about them all at once!! And change how the spec plays!! All mid expac!!

I would prefer a "Brewmasters now take 20% more physical damage" nerf. Ugh. I know we are OP and this is the first phase of 6.2 notes, but holy shit it is super depressing to see as a Brewmaster player :(.

Ya :( maybe next year.

S'ok, BoS goes untouched Kappa

Kidding of course, icy runes nerf is sadswag

Top Bottom