• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If you are going to actually stick with JC/inscription your small buildings should be the salvage yard and your 2 profession buildings. The way crafting professions are structured this expansion make them utterly useless if you don't have their corresponding garrison building.

The enchanting building is a nice quality of life thing, but, you can pretty easily open the LFG tool and find someone who has one in their own garrison and use theirs.

Thanks for your help! How does the LFG and using their garrison work?

Ketch

So the game "World of Warcraft" is onsale on the bnet for $10, and the only other world of warcraft product listed there is warlords of draenor. So does that mean the other xpacs are included in the "world of warcraft" base game now?

It says it includes lvls 1 -90, but nothing about the older expansions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the game "World of Warcraft" is onsale on the bnet for $10, and the only other world of warcraft product listed there is warlords of draenor. So does that mean the other xpacs are included in the "world of warcraft" base game now?

Yea, all the old expansions are built in now I think. If you can go from 1-90 they'd have to pack it all in.

Shahadan

Yes when you buy WoW now (or if you have ever bought it actually) you get everything from vanilla to Mists of Pandaria

ZenaxPure

Looks like token prices hit close to 27k and then started to go down again. Dunno why but watching the price is utterly fascinating even though I'm done buying tokens for now, extended my account into 2016 when they tanked to 20k so I am good for the time being.

Tenebrous

Looks like token prices hit close to 27k and then started to go down again. Dunno why but watching the price is utterly fascinating even though I'm done buying tokens for now, extended my account into 2016 when they tanked to 20k so I am good for the time being.

20k? Haha. I'm really looking forward to these coming to the EU!

ZenaxPure

20k? Haha. I'm really looking forward to these coming to the EU!

Yeah they bottomed out at 20k, but, the thing to know is that it didn't last long because not many people were willing to sell that low. It took me around half an hour to buy all the tokens I wanted at that price (which was 4 I think, it's kind of a blur at this point) which no doubt tons of other people were doing at the same time (since mentioned before I lost auctions even after my gold was taken from me, it was that fierce). The price started going back up at a pretty fast rate as a result.

Tenebrous

I only played for two months after WoD launch and one month after 6.1, but I do have some gold left (about 1.9m), so I can see myself just buying tokens and playing indefinitely at 20k a pop... Hell, I make 20k a week trading garrison resources, haha.

I said to myself if the price was ridiculous, I'd buy some for IRL money and sell them for gold. If the price was really low, I'd buy them and play for "free." I expected 30-50k, but 20-30k... It's oh so beautiful.

ampere

Sigh. Didn't get Mythic Maidens this week. People still dying to Rapid Fire and Bombardment.

The second boat we do (Garan) is super variable, almost always having people die up there. When I go (Brewmaster) it is a lot more controlled, but then our tank on the main platform always dies from too much damage from Marak/Sorka's melees. It's mainly that people need to execute better, but it's just frustrating. Didn't think we'd hit a wall like this until Furnace.

BAH.

TheYanger

Sigh. Didn't get Mythic Maidens this week. People still dying to Rapid Fire and Bombardment.

The second boat we do (Garan) is super variable, almost always having people die up there. When I go (Brewmaster) it is a lot more controlled, but then our tank on the main platform always dies from too much damage from Marak/Sorka's melees. It's mainly that people need to execute better, but it's just frustrating. Didn't think we'd hit a wall like this until Furnace.

BAH.

You shouldn't send any tank up on Garan :/ There's no 'tanking' to do. Anyone with a taunt can get the little kicking guy into position easily enough.

ampere

You shouldn't send any tank up on Garan :/ There's no 'tanking' to do. Anyone with a taunt can get the little kicking guy into position easily enough.

Yeah... people were having trouble with the initial pickup bit and taking too much damage. I agree I shouldn't have to go up, but there was not a single attempt without a death up there when I wasn't up. People were also not being vocal enough about interrupts, ugh.

Just a frustrating night with little progress.

Karl Hawk

Banned
And now I got level 100 for my hunter alt.

Time to gear up and have my alt raid-ready soon enough.

I'd lvl more alts, but the idea of maintaining several garrisons intimidates me, honestly

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have 6 garrisons to maintain.

I just grab the stuff from the profession buildings every day or two and queue the work orders, then send out followers. Cycling through 6 characters takes 5-10 mins. I used to hate it until I dropped the mine/herb garden every day and the time commitment went down.

I just grab the stuff from the profession buildings every day or two and queue the work orders, then send out followers. Cycling through 6 characters takes 5-10 mins. I used to hate it until I dropped the mine/herb garden every day and the time commitment went down.

You need small children who delight in doing this for you. At our house we refer to them as "virtual chores".

On the other hand once my youngest hit the 'auto organize bags' button and I almost shit myself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

If you dont even touch the mine and herb garden, how do you always have stuff to put in your profession buildings for work orders? Mats coming from salvage yard? Mats bought with garrison ressources?

Maybe I should do something with my 10k garrison ressources on my two lvl 100...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You need small children who delight in doing this for you. At our house we refer to them as "virtual chores".

On the other hand once my youngest hit the 'auto organize bags' button and I almost shit myself.

'Wizard chores'

I don't know how I got along with Bagnon before I started using this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/cargbags-nivaya-mop-update

RealUI as a whole is just really nice, and customizable.

If you dont even touch the mine and herb garden, how do you always have stuff to put in your profession buildings for work orders? Mats coming from salvage yard? Mats bought with garrison ressources?

Maybe I should do something with my 10k garrison ressources on my two lvl 100...

I made about a lot of gold buying draenic dust from the trade post when it was 4 resources per. Ended up with like, 8000 dust selling for 3-4gpu. Free gold basically.

You may do this already, but you can purchase your Seals of Tempered Fate with garrison resources.

I also purchase Draenic dust with GR.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Trading post. I just buy stacks of things when they are 4 resources a piece. All my characters have a few scavengers so I always have resources on everyone. I run Ashran a lot also and all my characters have salvage yards/enchanting huts, so that generates lots of dust and some additional mats.

Right now Garrisons alone produce me one WoW token a week without much effort. I am going to try to get my account paid for for a few years prior to the expansion ending. I am not sure if gold will ever be this easy to make again.

ZenaxPure

Oh yeah, I've never been able to bring myself to do that, just too time consuming. I wasn't even messing with followers and missions on my alts until this patch, realizing how OP treasure hunter would be I figured I'd go for it so now I've got 6 alts with a level 3 inn and at least 3 treasure hunters. Already paying off pretty well despite not having them all leveled/geared up.

Yeah the mine and herb garden very quickly become not worth the time investment. Herb garden less so because it's easier to manage with it being more condensed. But still mostly not worth it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Oh yeah, I've never been able to bring myself to do that, just too time consuming. I wasn't even messing with followers and missions on my alts until this patch, realizing how OP treasure hunter would be I figured I'd go for it so now I've got 6 alts with a level 3 inn and at least 3 treasure hunters. Already paying off pretty well despite not having them all leveled/geared up.

Having an army of 675 followers on tons of character brings in tons of extra cash and extra stuff. I work from home so I usually pop on to queue missions a few times a day.

Followers are probably the most tedious things when it comes to alts and garrisons, though.

ZenaxPure

Followers are probably the most tedious things when it comes to alts and garrisons, though.

Yeah that's why I avoided them for so long on my alts. I actually really like the follower stuff to be honest but it's a pretty big time investment to get them geared up and everything. Have to make sure to check in every few hours and have to build a bunker/salvage yard to optimize their gearing, not to mention trying to recruit various followers to get a balanced team.

Lashley

how do i use my follows as bodyguards btw?

if a mission gives character xp thats xp to me isnt it and not my followers?

ZenaxPure

how do i use my follows as bodyguards btw?

if a mission gives character xp thats xp to me isnt it and not my followers?

Only followers that can be used as bodyguards are the ones with the bodyguard trait. You get them all from various quests around Draenor, most of them are pretty easy to find while just questing normally. Oh and you need a barracks to use them as a bodyguard.

As for mission XP, if the icon for the XP on the mission has a purple/pinkish background that means the XP is for you, green background is follower XP.

Lashley

Only followers that can be used as bodyguards are the ones with the bodyguard trait. You get them all from various quests around Draenor, most of them are pretty easy to find while just questing normally. Oh and you need a barracks to use them as a bodyguard.

As for mission XP, if the icon for the XP on the mission has a purple/pinkish background that means the XP is for you, green background is follower XP.

Thanks again for your help :)

Upgraded Barracks to lvl 2

kept my outpost building book for when I get salvage yard for an instant boost to level 2

ZenaxPure

how often do you guys use the mobile armory or AH?

I actually use the mobile AH everyday. It's a lot faster than logging between characters or constantly mailing everything to one bank character. I just do auctions once a day when I'm watching a tv show or something else out of game.

Lashley

Are the new detailed armor textures enabled by default? Have my graphics on ultra atm.

Also, does assigning a follower to a building mean they cant be sent on missions?

And why does her rep go up with me when im fighting? is that just xp?

Peachpies

Are the new detailed armor textures enabled by default? Have my graphics on ultra atm.

Also, does assigning a follower to a building mean they cant be sent on missions?

And why does her rep go up with me when im fighting? is that just xp?
the new character models can be toggled from the advanced graphics tab, if the follower is at a building they cant be sent on a mission, the body gaurd followers have 3 levels of reputation you can have with them and they get new abilities as you increase your rep with them, also the bodyguards will always be your level so you dont have to worry about leveling them up

Peachpies

what about ilvls and lvls for followers attached to a building? Do they get xp?
the follower item level only changes when you give it an armor/weapon, the follower working at a building will get exp when a work order that was started after it was assigned is completed

Lashley

the follower item level only changes when you give it an armor/weapon, the follower working at a building will get exp when a work order that was started after it was assigned is completed

Ah thats good, thanks again for your help. I know I ask a ton of questions :p

Dead

well not really...yet
I havent played this game in years, but randomly checked my account on battle.net, and apparently I've been upgraded to MoP, even though Burning Crusade was the last expansion I bought and installed.

When did this happen?

I havent played this game in years, but randomly checked my account on battle.net, and apparently I've been upgraded to MoP, even though Burning Crusade was the last expansion I bought and installed.

When did this happen?

Shortly before WoD launched they consolidated everything up through MoP into the base game. Before that though they had consolidated Cata and Wrath into the battle chest as well.

ZenaxPure

Yeah they put old expansions into the base game over time, probably just happened as a side effect of that. Eventually WoD will get put into that base package as well.

Looks like the tokens will bounce between 20-25k or so as the price influences supply and demand.

Seems that way, pretty awesome. Makes me want to buy some more tokens at 20k but I guess I don't need to if the prices are going to stay here for the foreseeable future.

TheYanger

What a chore it is levelling professions from 1 :(

If you go to draenor you can get catchup recipes, either from mobs or for 100 gold from the trainers in the ashran towns. Those are designed to be slightly less cost effective (though not all are) but VASTLY easier/simpler to level.

New raiding tiers in WoD basically killed both of my guilds runs. Both were (I think) 10 man runs in MoP and now neither can get 20 for mythics. The early run crashed about a month ago and now the late one is having issues getting enough people for mythic.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got all my elemental runes so I can stop doing the painfully dull LFRs each week.

Today is a glorious day.

Lashley

It's immensely faster and easier than before WoD. I cry whenever I think about how much time and money I spent trying to level up leatherworking before.

If you go to draenor you can get catchup recipes, either from mobs or for 100 gold from the trainers in the ashran towns. Those are designed to be slightly less cost effective (though not all are) but VASTLY easier/simpler to level.

Will take a look now! Thanks

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got all my elemental runes so I can stop doing the painfully dull LFRs each week.

Today is a glorious day.

My mage finished 2 days ago and my paladin will probably be done this week or next week. Glorious days indeed.

Now, all they will have to do outside of their Garrison is doing old raids runs and maybe killing dinosaurs on the Isle of Giants for bones. Time to lvl alts...

Question... if i buy game tokens, is it better that i cancel my current sub so that I'm not going to be charged another 6 months in September?

Top Bottom