• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TheYanger

Then the next token adjusts down, or if the tokens go up at the same rate sometime the same thing happens. There's a constant flow of tokens, it's irrelevent.

Raxious

What professions would be good on a mage? I was considering Tailoring and something else, got a lvl 90 Paladin with Enchanting + BS

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What professions would be good on a mage? I was considering Tailoring and something else, got a lvl 90 Paladin with Enchanting + BS

Professions aren't really class relevant or anything. You can make some cloth armor of course but after that it's gonna be used to make money.

Just do what you want pretty much. Jewelcrafting, enchanting, and inscription can always seem to make money no matter what.

Robin64

Good luck with School of Hard Knocks, folks!

New to Childrens Week 2015:

Green Balloon - It's a toy for your Toy Box, sold for 10 silver by Blax Bottlerocket in Orgrimmar and Craggle Wobbletop in Stormwind.

Pet Care Package - If you have all the pets, you can pick this bag. It can contain an upgrade stone, various biscuits, and Perky Pug costumes.

US Token went below 19k early this morning. All time low.

20kish is still the sweet spot of being extremely cheap IMO though. Still, I'm too busy with other games and things to return right now, even at that price.

Type2

Thinking about coming back for another dip to heal for a friends raiding guild. They want a healer with a dps offspec and naturally I want to go kitty and resto Druid but there is a resto in their current make up. So that leaves disc priest and the bleh that is shadow priest, shaman and monk.
I can honestly saw I barely know anything outside some guides when it comes to monk healing. What do monks bring to the raid that other healers do not? Anyone play a mist weaver? I know I'm excited to offspec dps with monk but I'd like to hear some opinions to how they stack up as healers.

They want a healer with a dps offspec and naturally I want to go kitty and resto Druid but there is a resto in their current make up. So that leaves disc priest and the bleh that is shadow priest,

I primary shadow and off-heal holy for raiding and it's not a bad combination, but I'm a filthy casual. Accordingly I got my staff drop this weekend so am now all Foundry'd out, think I'm done for a few months. Time to finish PoE and work on the backlog. Or, you know, level up some more chars... speaking of which, someone was talking about heirlooms being acct-bound now, which made me think there's a real opportunity in arbitrage with guilds--get one of your chars into one with a decent ranking and you can pick up all those heirloom leg pieces and what not, and then use them on any character.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
US Token went below 19k early this morning. All time low.

20kish is still the sweet spot of being extremely cheap IMO though. Still, I'm too busy with other games and things to return right now, even at that price.

I have been trying to buy one since they were 19k. It keeps saying there are none available and it is close to 21k now.

ampere

Green Balloon - It's a toy for your Toy Box, sold for 10 silver by Blax Bottlerocket in Orgrimmar and Craggle Wobbletop in Stormwind.

This is probably all I'm getting this year. I have all the pets and I doubt they sell for enough to justify doing the quest chain again to sell em.

Good luck with School of Hard Knocks, folks!

New to Childrens Week 2015:

Pet Care Package - If you have all the pets, you can pick this bag. It can contain an upgrade stone, various biscuits, and Perky Pug costumes.

Can you get two packages by doing the TBC and Wrath variants of the orphan quests?

demented

Logging in for the first time after a while - wtf do I do now lol

Setting up addons and guess I'll start leveling my hunter to 60. Just not sure if I should reroll (lvl 47) or keep him because he's on low pop/dead server

Robin64

Logging in for the first time after a while - wtf do I do now lol

Setting up addons and guess I'll start leveling my hunter to 60. Just not sure if I should reroll (lvl 47) or keep him because he's on low pop/dead server

Don't worry too much about the server population, it's all cross-realm out there anyway. And if you want to play with friends, you can party up regardless of what server you're all on.

demented

Yeah but I can't be in same guild, can't get all guild benefits and stuff, and maybe down the road if I wanna raid.. yeah. And the economy is the problem on dead servers. I still hold my old thinking strong, I played too fucking hardcore >.<

Anyway I don't even feel like playing a hunter, gonna roll a priest on new server where I have some friends.

The poll right now on the front page of MMO-Champ (well, one for NA, one for EU) about total in-game wealth is certainly interesting.

Most people are "poor", but across both polls 8%+ say they have over 1 million gold. Now that's with the caveat that MMO-Champ readers are a sub-section of the WoW community that doesn't come close to a true representation of the playerbase at large. But it's certainly interesting.

demented

So guy's whats the fastest 80-85 and 85-90 method to run? Most of my alts are there, gonna boost one to 90 as I said but wanna level those too. I found some guides to level really fast with that 300% exp potion but don't have character to farm it or someone to boost me. Is it just questing and dungeons, kinda slow and got bunch of characters to go (not that I need them all max right away)

80-85 just quest. The dungeons aren't really worth it and I always feel like that section of levels only takes me a few hours at most.

I haven't done 85-90 since they've nerfed the XP, but the dungeons generally aren't worth it there either. From what I've read you can hit 90 with heirlooms before even leaving Jade Forest now if you so choose.

It's worth it to stay queued for dungeons 85-90 because your first run through + dungeon quests is worth gobs of exp. Queue for specific dungeons and stay in queue while you quest.

Cata dungeons remain at their original difficulty though and should be skipped if your aim is speed.

demented

Thanks guys, hopefully tomorrow I'll have more time to play and my warrior will be at 85 and start leveling past 90 with boosted character, gonna take first 85-90 run on alt slow and 90-100 too because I haven't done them before, after that power level wee

ZenaxPure

It's worth it to stay queued for dungeons 85-90 because your first run through + dungeon quests is worth gobs of exp. Queue for specific dungeons and stay in queue while you quest.

Cata dungeons remain at their original difficulty though and should be skipped if your aim is speed.

Yeah this is how I approach it as well. Cata is probably the fastest expansion anyway considering how the quests are set up. My last trip through cata levels (which was about a month ago) I was level 84 when I finished Hyjal. Did the start of the twilight highlands quests and hit 85 from that.

demented

So I have a problem now with alts, I level too fast and my professions can't catch up, well it's mostly gathering professions and I heard they're pretty much useless now with garrisons? So what should I do? For example on my warrior I hit 85 and got skinning and minning lagging behind, drop them or one for crafting or do what? I fear this will be a problem for all my alts

StMeph

Heads up, apparently the Flawless Battle-Stone you get from the pet bags for doing the Children's Week quests sell for "thousands" on the AH.

Yes? https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/dragonmaw/item/92741

Why is "thousands" in quotation marks? Seems to be the case across US realms.

Edit:
So I have a problem now with alts, I level too fast and my professions can't catch up, well it's mostly gathering professions and I heard they're pretty much useless now with garrisons? So what should I do? For example on my warrior I hit 85 and got skinning and minning lagging behind, drop them or one for crafting or do what? I fear this will be a problem for all my alts

WoD is the easiest expansion in the universe to catch up on professions. The softest catchup mechanics are in place, and you can level basically anything from 1-700.

wow token is only 19k right now.

That sure is tempting. I have enough gold to get 6 more months and put my sub into 2016. I got the "rare" mounts and TCG mounts I want know, so im trying to save up 200-300k so I can start playing the AH. Im at 120k right now, maybe 140 if some stuff sold over night.

On that note, its a shame how crap has lost its value. I cant believe savage blood is down to 200g each. Im sure sorcerous XXX will sell more than bloods soon.

StMeph

Pretty sure the declining value of Savage Blood is due to the increase in supply from the Barn follower yield buffs. The datamined discovery of a new tier of blood in Felblood accelerated the decline because now anyone with Stage 4 gear already only needs the new stuff, which will be in extremely short supply, at least initially.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Pretty sure the declining value of Savage Blood is due to the increase in supply from the Barn follower yield buffs. The datamined discovery of a new tier of blood in Felblood accelerated the decline because now anyone with Stage 4 gear already only needs the new stuff, which will be in extremely short supply, at least initially.

I don't think supply is really much more, although it is easier to amass more spirits to dump into them -- I think that's where most of the supply increase has come from. The barn is too much manual work to do that especially on multiple alts.

I think the gear you use that requires the bloods to upgrade have just become devalued enough from raiding and LFR that the essences don't sell at high amounts much anymore.

Basically demand has just went down while supply has improved only incrementally. At least on my server it was a very steady decline so that tells me it was a tapering off of demand.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sometimes I just hate the drop rate of dungeon/raid mounts. Despite doing Throne of the Four Winds, Vortex Pinnacle, Karazhan, Zul'Gurub, Dragon Soul, Icecrown Citadel and Ulduar on my two 100s each week for months, I haven't gotten a single mount from these places yet.

I mean, that's like 18 chances at a mount i get per week(i know i could do Vortex Pinnacle and Zulgurub a lot more than once per week, but I already do enough mount runs like this), but the game is like "Nope. Keep trying though!"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I find the mount drops come when you least expect them. Just don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed.

I know, that's what I keep telling me. Doesn't stop it from being annoying after a few months with no results and so many raid runs. :p It's not like i'm just running one or two raids.

demented

Questing, and first 20 levels are most boring thing ever so far. Mobs getting green fast so having to move to next area often too, uh

ZenaxPure

Apparently 3 new heirloom rings from naval missions in 6.2.

Yeah one for each primary stat. Pretty awesome considering how you can't double up on the current heirloom ring and it has awful stats since it was made to be usable by every class.

Also seems like the other weekend events got added alongside the Timewalking dungeons (which unsurprisingly make up 2 of the events, one for TBC and one for Wrath), covered a nice swath of the game though I question the usefulness of the triple honor ones. It's already so easy to get insane amounts of honor from Ashran but perhaps this won't be the case considering they are revamping Ashran yet again in 6.2.

Robin64

I guess the weekend events are okay. Some make me feel like I won't be doing them outside of the event though, like the Pet Battle one. I'd rather wait.

Pet Battle Bonus Event - While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the usual rate! Get out there and battle!
Draenor Dungeon Event - While this event is active, defeating enemies in any level 100 Heroic or Mythic dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate Draenor faction.
Battleground Bonus Event -While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Glory awaits in the fields of battle!
Timewalking Dungeon Event - While this event is active, players level 81 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player's natural level.
Arena Skirmish Bonus Event - While this event is active, Arena Skirmishes will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Will you answer the call to battle?
Timewalking Dungeon Event - While this event is active, players level 71 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from The Burning Crusade expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player's natural level.
Apexis Bonus Event - While this event is active, Apexis Crystals multiply mysteriously, and they will be found far more often when looting enemies across Draenor that typically carry them.

ZenaxPure

I guess the weekend events are okay. Some make me feel like I won't be doing them outside of the event though, like the Pet Battle one. I'd rather wait.

Pet battle one is interesting because it really isn't useful for people already into pet battling. I'd consider myself like an average pet battler at best, basically enough to do all the questing related content and the celestial tournament but not really into the pvp battles or constantly leveling guys, and I have almost 100 max level pets. Pet leveling has always had such a snowball effect to it where once you have a few pets at max level it is so easy to get more and more max level pets very fast and with very little effort. They only made it more ridiculous in WoD by adding in their equivalent to pokemon rare candies, and then even more ridiculous with the garrison trainer in 6.1 who mostly uses low quality pets. Doing her quick fight each day nets you almost enough tokens to get a max level pet each week.

I don't really see the event being very useful to me unless the pet battle content in Tanaan will require me to level up a ton of new pets, but I doubt it will. I think it is a smart addition though.

Robin64

They only made it more ridiculous in WoD by adding in their equivalent to pokemon rare candies, and then even more ridiculous with the garrison trainer in 6.1 who mostly uses low quality pets. Doing her quick fight each day nets you almost enough tokens to get a max level pet each week.

Haha, I didn't realise it had become that easy. Maybe I should check it out. I don't have many 25s, but probably enough to get started there.

ZenaxPure

Haha, I didn't realise it had become that easy. Maybe I should check it out. I don't have many 25s, but probably enough to get started there.

They pretty much designed the 6.1 pet stuff around people who don't have any or very few max level pets. I assume because they realized the garrison daily was utterly ridiculous for anyone not already into pet battles so the trainer added in 6.1 uses generic pets you can catch out in the wild and most of them are just green quality (though she does have a few blue pets and randomly 1 gray quality pet). It's pretty easy to solo all 3 of her pets with 1 pet if you have the right counter, and the reward is a bag of bandages (and potential pet added in 6.1) alongside 3 level up tokens, so 21 free pet levels a week just from her alone.

To be honest most of my 100 max level pets have actually came from WoD, in MoP I only leveled what I needed to beat the various trainers/quests. But now it's so easy to level I just started maxing whoever I thought was cool figuring maybe they'll be useful some day.

Robin64

SO ADORABLE

ssDeZll.png

Floridian

Guys I'm about to get back into WoW after a 4-month break. Would anyone mind giving me a short breakdown/summary on what changes occurred between the beginning of January and now regarding class buffs/nerfs & updates? I need to know what I'm getting back myself into.

Guys I'm about to get back into WoW after a 4-month break. Would anyone mind giving me a short breakdown/summary on what changes occurred between the beginning of January and now regarding class buffs/nerfs & updates? I need to know what I'm getting back myself into.

Would be easier to answer if you narrowed down your question to the specific class you play. From personal experience I can say Rogues are not in a great place right now outside of heavy cleave PVE encounters.

Floridian

Would be easier to answer if you narrowed down your question to the specific class you play. From personal experience I can say Rogues are not in a great place right now outside of heavy cleave PVE encounters.

How are warlocks doing? That was my main class but last time I played, they were at a terrible state pvp wise, and mediocre pve wise.

Edit: Specifics: Destro/Affliction

Top Bottom