• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Tenebrous

I can't even buy one (for gold on a dormant account) from the menu. I kept getting error messages, and now there's no option popping up again.

Robin64

I can't even buy one (for gold on a dormant account) from the menu. I kept getting error messages, and now there's no option popping up again.

There aren't any to buy.

TwA8Yr3.png

39,050g now btw. Actually tempting to spend £15 for one at that price.

Willectro

Banned
Ended up getting Blizzcon tickets on Saturday - what a relief! Eventbrite screwed a lot of people this year, again.

Any word on the 6.2 release date? Will there be a quick way to gear up, similar to timeless isle? I've played Alliance for a while, and decided to roll an Undead Mage (Alliance wasn't too popular at Blizzcon last year, lol). I'm at 91 right now and will slowly make my way to 100.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Bought 2 tokens for real money and sold them on AH.

It might feel wrong to say this, but I feel a bit happy about WoW Token since it helped in giving a huge boost to my gold. By now, my gold is at 115k.

Any word on the 6.2 release date? Will there be a quick way to gear up, similar to timeless isle? I've played Alliance for a while, and decided to roll an Undead Mage (Alliance wasn't too popular at Blizzcon last year, lol). I'm at 91 right now and will slowly make my way to 100.

No word about it, but I assume it's gonna be released on late June or early July.

August or September would be too late, IMO.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Any ideas if Savage Blood will be tradable for the new "Felblood" reagent? I've got ~20 Savage Blood i was keeping for the next patch, but if they're gonna introduce a new reagent without a way to trade the old one for it, i might just sell them now.

ampere

Bought 2 tokens for real money and sold them on AH.

It might feel wrong to say this, but I feel a bit happy about WoW Token since it helped in giving a huge boost to my gold. By now, my gold is at 115k.

Nothing wrong with it. Spend your money how you want! It's like buying a toy or something.

StMeph

Once your Garrison is upgraded and set in WoD, there's not much use for gold.

Except for TCG/vanity mounts, I am not sure if there's anything else that needs over 50kg.

And apparently EU game tokens.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Any ideas if Savage Blood will be tradable for the new "Felblood" reagent? I've got ~20 Savage Blood i was keeping for the next patch, but if they're gonna introduce a new reagent without a way to trade the old one for it, i might just sell them now.

I'd sell them now. I doubt they will be tradable for the new stuff and savage blood will not be selling for as much once the patch hits.

The low today for US tokens was actually the lowest low of all time so far at 20,272g.

I'd have bought in, but between EVE (which I just reupped on both my accounts for 3 and 1 months respectively) and the Skyrim modding sinkhole I've gotten myself into (25+ hours in less than a week, haven't even really gotten into playing it again yet), I simply don't have the time to spare for it to make it worth my while, even for gold which I have an excess of.

At least with EVE you have passive skill training that progresses your character whether you're logged in or not, but I can't see myself making the time to log into WoW right now to do even the most basic of tasks I'd want to do.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow europe is fiending for them tokens.

BearPawB

Banned
Woo, finally got my 715 ring/finished that last little quest (that I totally cheesed).
I am not sure if there is really anything I want to do before the patch hits....

I am one of those "raid finder only" players. I just dont have time to really do it. I have seen all the content. Am mostly BRF geared.

Ran firelands and dragon soul for kicks for the first time today as well. Deathwings Spine is kind of obnoxious to solo. Not hard, just annoying. I thought it was a cinematic good time though.

So yeah, not really sure what else there is for a player like me to do before the patch hits.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well it started at 30k, rose to 31,218 which was its highest ever, then sharply dropped to the 21k/24k cycle it's at now.

Just hit 44k. I bet you it does hit 50k.

Yep, we'll be lucky if it bottoms out at 30k

US got it lucky

Renekton

Nothing on wowhead/wowdb so far.

I'm guessing possible alchemist transmute on CD in future.

Once your Garrison is upgraded and set in WoD, there's not much use for gold.
You can supplement your gear with BoEs, or buy armor essence upgrades.

ZenaxPure

You can supplement your gear with BoEs, or buy armor essence upgrades.

Yeah, given that I am still selling my savage bloods almost instantly and selling all my BoE epics no problem I'd say buying gear is something a lot of people are spending gold on. That crafted gear is the best gear a lot of people are going to get.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just when I thought I broke free of the game, they introduce the Wow Token. Sheeit. Already subbed til October and so is my Fiancee on tokens lol. Back to farming gold and building that alt army for Fel Blood.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

From the ptr notes:

Crafting the new upgrade items requires Felblood, a new reagent that can be obtained through the Barn.

Probably just catching new elites from Tanaan.

ZenaxPure

Back to farming gold and building that alt army for Fel Blood.

I wish you luck, I bet this pays off but I can't bring myself to do it. I hate trapping so much despite how easy it is nowadays after all the changes.

I am just putting my gold making time/effort into leveling more alts. I can potentially have up to 22 garrisons on my server if I want (though i doubt I will reach that) and for as time consuming as garrisons can be to manage doing exclusively follower missions is actually really fast so I don't mind it. Especially in comparison to other methods of making gold that are way more time consuming for less.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Or is it a case of 'cant beat em, join em'?

It costs time to get gold for the rule abiding players to buy the wow tokens, therfor the gold is worth more.

99% of the gold made by gold farmers is from duping, or hacked accounts. They could sell it for next to nothing if they wanted.

Robin64

Looks like people in EU are indeed buying tokens for real money now. The price in gold is going down fast, and the time to sell is listed at "over 12 hours" now rather than last night's "under 30 minutes".

Tenebrous

If supply really is greater than demand, then why can't I buy one from the character select screen?

Edit: Oh it just popped up, haha. 40k now.

Acidote

Maybe Europeans are more pragmatic and won't trade cash for fast gratification.

<-- not European

I don't know about that, I just want to burn my hundreds on game time but I want the price to go down first. I just encourage people to spend money so I don't have to.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At this point I'm really scratching my head as to why exactly they needed to delay WoD for 6-7 months or whatever.

I know it was never officially delayed, but it was expected to be out around april-may of last year iirc?

This years Blizzcon will not make me happy. They will show some movie stuff I'll bet, but they won't announce another expansion, and we'll be 6-7 months into HFC by then as well...

If the WoW token wasn't a thing I would stop playing.

mclem

Wow europe is fiending for them tokens.

Managed to list one at 44k last night.

From talking to my guild, I'm wondering if it's due to different attitudes across Europe. In the UK, I'm perfectly comfortable paying sub fees, but from talking to guildies from as far away as Romania, they're finding earning gold a much more viable option and are hoping to maintain their entire account with that and save on the pure finances.

I don't think there's such a great discrepancy in the US demographics.

TomServo

After months of my Highmaul and BRF cache missions providing me with enchanting mats, they're recently on fire.

Just got a Blast Furnace Door, BiS trinket as blood DK.

ampere

This years Blizzcon will not make me happy. They will show some movie stuff I'll bet, but they won't announce another expansion, and we'll be 6-7 months into HFC by then as well...

Maybe the expac doesn't come out soon, but it'd be super weird if one isn't announced this year.

I hope that datamined bit about upgrading legendary rings to 795 means there is another raid tier planned.

strafer

At this point I'm really scratching my head as to why exactly they needed to delay WoD for 6-7 months or whatever.

I know it was never officially delayed, but it was expected to be out around april-may of last year iirc?

I'm thinking they will announce a new expansion.

Managed to list one at 44k last night.

I bought one last night and auctioned it the moment the price went down for the first time, managed to make 44,952 gold.

Wasn't going to bother with tokens but when I thought that they'd never be that high again any time soon I bought one. I can't see me dabbling in the token market now unless they crash hard and I get some for game time.

mclem

Wasn't going to bother with tokens but when I thought that they'd never be that high again any time soon I bought one. I can't see me dabbling in the token market now unless they crash hard and I get some for game time.

Much the same here. If nothing else it gives me a little financial leeway to craft a shield if the damn thing doesn't drop off Kromog this week. Again.

Pushing overall iLvl 680, and possible the single most important piece of gear for a shield tank is still a 655.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't even know what to do with my Apexis Crystals other than turning them into those raid tokens for chance of loot. I got over 15k and the number keep going up thanks to Garrison missions, I don't even bother with dailies.

ZenaxPure

I find myself asking this question a lot but what really makes me scratch my head is how it launched in what seemed like such an unfinished state. So many weird changes right at the start of the expansion (like completely redesigning alchemy and the dungeon loot flip-flopping) and then 6.1 felt more like it was fixing even more launch design issues than actually adding anything new to the game.

As for the next expansion I can't even begin to guess when it will be announced. I don't know about this blizzcon but I sure as shit can't imagine it will be announced next blizzcon because that will mean we will have another one of those long raid gaps unless they randomly decide WoD needs 4 tiers.

I don't even know what to do with my Apexis Crystals other than turning them into those raid tokens for chance of loot. I got over 15k and the number keep going up thanks to Garrison missions, I don't even bother with dailies.

Unless you are decked out in heroic BRF gear you can get gear upgrades with them. Max ilvl apexis gear is a higher ilvl than BRF normal loot, so the stuff isn't terrible. The problem is that 15k isn't even going to buy you a single piece at max ilvl and your choices are incredibly limited so you will probably only find a piece or 2 with optimal stats. But still, it's something to spend them on.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member

I'd save them up until next patch. It looks like a lot of the newer stuff will cost garrison resources along with apexi crystals.

Or just save them up and build a pretend Crystal Cave like the one in Ungoro Crater

Top Bottom