• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Floridian

PVE is middle of the pack, with the only good spec getting nerfed for some ungodly reason that Blizzard dreamed up in their opium dens.
Oh awesome, nice to see locks continuously getting pushed around...

Well, Rain of Fire was...

...you already know about RoF.

Yeah, I was impacted by the AoE-nerf lol. Not even the small single damage buffs could save it. Eh I guess i'll just level another class to 100 since i'm a bit rusty in Draenor anyway.

Robin64

Oh wow, this changed.

3fV34OJ.png

Sometimes I just hate the drop rate of dungeon/raid mounts. Despite doing Throne of the Four Winds, Vortex Pinnacle, Karazhan, Zul'Gurub, Dragon Soul, Icecrown Citadel and Ulduar on my two 100s each week for months, I haven't gotten a single mount from these places yet.

I mean, that's like 18 chances at a mount i get per week(i know i could do Vortex Pinnacle and Zulgurub a lot more than once per week, but I already do enough mount runs like this), but the game is like "Nope. Keep trying though!"

That drop rate is one of the reasons I quit from time to time. I've done strat for Rivendare's mount over 400 times. It never ever fucking drops.

When will they do those weekend events? I'd love to level up some pets.

ZenaxPure

Oh wow, this changed.

Fishing.... FISHING?

I guess I'm okay with this, I saw in the datamined stuff on mmoc that there is a Tanaan lunker as well so maybe I'll be able to bring myself to fish some more assuming the drop rate isn't abysmal.

When will they do those weekend events? I'd love to level up some pets.

According to the timewalking blog post there is 1 event each weekend from noon friday until noon monday. Of course anything is subject to change blah blah blah but that is the plan right now it seems.

ZenaxPure

I see no reason the Tanaan Lunker would be any rarer than normal lunkers, all of which had their drop rates dramatically increased a patch or two ago.

Oh I mean the drop rate on the felblight, the lunkers would just be a side effect of that. I am curious how rare felblights will be if they are going to come from gathering.

Clutch of Ji-Kun (the mount) up on Mal'Ganis BMAH. Over 330k. Though I suppose that's one very few people would have, especially given the difficulty of soloing/duoing it.

VoxPop

So bored of this game. 672 ilvl on most my chars and don't really want to raid anymore than I have. Just bought a bunch of wow tokens @ 20k each so I don't have any pressure to play. Just gonna run some garrision missions daily to make gold. I guess I should unload my 200 savage blood too sinCE they're about to become useleas.

Tarazet

That drop rate is one of the reasons I quit from time to time. I've done strat for Rivendare's mount over 400 times. It never ever fucking drops.

RNG gonna do its own thing. I got Rivendare's mount out of a tanking satchel and only took 3 tries to get the Swift White Hawkstrider. Going into 200 tries at Raven Lord with nothing yet.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Fuck, that felblight change. Oh well, got my sixth 100 today, barn is all filled up. 173 bloods and counting. With the decrease in mats to make the upgrades and the increase in mats from daily cds and work orders I'm gonna need all the bloods I can get my hands on.

Daniel R

RNG gonna do its own thing. I got Rivendare's mount out of a tanking satchel and only took 3 tries to get the Swift White Hawkstrider. Going into 200 tries at Raven Lord with nothing yet.

Me and my girlfriend started farming Raven Lord. Dropped for us on the 1st and 4th try :).
It's all RNG.

I'm going to have a hell of a lot of time to dedicate to an MMO in May and frankly I'm torn. I just replayed Warcraft 3 and TFT and my wow nostalgia is at frenzy levels. Talking to a friend of mine though, the guild's dead (well damn) and the only people we knew who do still play sit around in their garrison all evening and just craft and fish, which sounds about as enjoyable as getting your teeth pulled out by a dentist on meth.

Alternatively, FF14 ARR has an expansion coming out and has tons of content I've never experienced. But from what I remember it was just kind of middling combat and questing wise.

I have 5 90's, and a druid that's really close. Druid being the only class I've never had at max level since vanilla. I just can't decide where to take my 15 bucks.

Sometimes I just hate the drop rate of dungeon/raid mounts. Despite doing Throne of the Four Winds, Vortex Pinnacle, Karazhan, Zul'Gurub, Dragon Soul, Icecrown Citadel and Ulduar on my two 100s each week for months, I haven't gotten a single mount from these places yet.

I mean, that's like 18 chances at a mount i get per week(i know i could do Vortex Pinnacle and Zulgurub a lot more than once per week, but I already do enough mount runs like this), but the game is like "Nope. Keep trying though!"

I feel your pain. Ive been doing Firelands/DS every week on 3 characters since mid December and added a 4th a month ago, trying to get Rags mount and Blazing drake (its the last one I need for raise the drakes meta). I didn't even know Alystrasor dropped a mount, so I got that one a bit ago. I also got experiment 12b. Im 3 away from 200 and could easily just buy/make the 4 JC panther mounts, but Im trying my hand at AH flipping, so Im saving my gold. I didn't help that my dumb ass didn't realize that blazing wont drop on heroic diff, so I wasted 6 or so chances.

TheYanger

I feel your pain. Ive been doing Firelands/DS every week on 3 characters since mid December and added a 4th a month ago, trying to get Rags mount and Blazing drake (its the last one I need for raise the drakes meta). I didn't even know Alystrasor dropped a mount, so I got that one a bit ago. I also got experiment 12b. Im 3 away from 200 and could easily just buy/make the 4 JC panther mounts, but Im trying my hand at AH flipping, so Im saving my gold. I didn't help that my dumb ass didn't realize that blazing wont drop on heroic diff, so I wasted 6 or so chances.

Blazing will drop on any difficulty.

So I reactivated for a month with gold at ~19.5k.

I kinda regret it already. Mainly I went around and logged in all my characters to get their heirlooms added to the collection. But other than that, I feel overwhelmed and disinterested :(

Renekton

Oh I mean the drop rate on the felblight, the lunkers would just be a side effect of that. I am curious how rare felblights will be if they are going to come from gathering.
I'm guessing either very low or only available from schools.

Either way I'm going to enjoy getting ganked repeatedly in my fishing outfit.

StMeph

Picked up a (non-Swift) Spectral Tiger last night for 230k. Pretty sure I could resell it for 300-350k, but I figured there's really not much use for gold other than sub time and vanity stuff, so I just used it.

Still hunting Poundfist though. :<

ZenaxPure

I'm guessing either very low or only available from schools.

Either way I'm going to enjoy getting ganked repeatedly in my fishing outfit.

Patch notes seem to say they come from schools. Thankfully I'm on a medium pop server so when night time rolls around zones are fairly empty so I shouldn't have a ton of competition.

Picked up a (non-Swift) Spectral Tiger last night for 230k. Pretty sure I could resell it for 300-350k, but I figured there's really not much use for gold other than sub time and vanity stuff, so I just used it.

Damn nice price. Someone on my server put up the epic TCG rocket and both the blazing and corrupted hippogryph for 100k each the other day. I am sad I didn't buy all 3 the moment I saw them because I came back like an hour later and some guy was flipping them.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Since last week, I've begun using Accountant to track my income in WoW. For anyone who thinks that the Garrison missions don't give you a lot of gold..this might change your mind. I'm still spending a lot on getting the last few alts to 100, so the numbers aren't fully there yet. I also lack a full team of treasure hunter/scavengers. AH data is skewed too, because Ive been saving all my raw materials. So really my only income is Garrison, quests/loot from leveling to 100 and some minor AH stuff (mostly living steel cooldowns).

All my profession stuff for my 11 alts is being banked for 6.2:

Code:
week ending April 25th
Garrison -		46,802 (Spent 25,850)
Merchant Sales -	13,087 (Spent 27,765)
Auction House -		64,542 (Spent  7,024)
Loot -			 8,044
Quests -		 9,163

Total +			133,095
Total -			162,645
Total Gained		-29,549

week ending May 2nd
Garrison -		63,032 (Spent 32,400)
Merchant Sales -	14,884 (Spent 34,078)
Auction House -	       109,315 (Spent 13,746)
Loot -			 4,930
Quests -		 4,616

Total +			196,778
Total -			131,472
Total Gained		 65,306

Hey guys, I just came back to wow after a few months off since now I can pay with gold. I play a druid and I really don't do any hardcore stuff anymore. Sometimes I'll do 2s skirms or LFR but I mostly just run around the world doing every single quest there is, or farming stuff to make gold. Would feral or balance spec be best for this sorta solo stuff now?

Very casually building my treasure hunter army. After swapping the barn for an inn on my main. But getting a Tier 3 Inn for the treasure hunter missions actually requires effort. Hmmmm.

Anyway yeah, I might level all my 92-93 alts now though. Depends how I feel I guess. Was kinda interested in working on my monk too who is lower.

Renekton

Very casually building my treasure hunter army. After swapping the barn for an inn on my main. But getting a Tier 3 Inn for the treasure hunter missions actually requires effort. Hmmmm.
It's quite some effort.

You gotta complete a laundry list of dungeon missions and grind many reroll tokens for Treasure Hunter.

ZenaxPure

Anyway yeah, I might level all my 92-93 alts now though. Depends how I feel I guess. Was kinda interested in working on my monk too who is lower.

For what it's worth you can start working on building up your army really early. What I did on my later alts was just do the Gorgrond story (which takes less than an hour to finish if you're rolling with heirlooms and a 630 weapon) and then do the opening quest chain in Talador at level 94. You get one of each book for that which you can trade for the level 2 inn plans and level 2 war mill plans. That way you can start pumping out ilvl tokens and recruiting treasure hunters while you move on to other important stuff.

Also on fresh alts you haven't capped garrison resources on it gives you a chance to just let them sit there and build up without really missing out on much. IMO the most important thing is making sure you recruit your weekly treasure hunter since it is the only reliable way to get one.

Tacitus_

Harrison is a fucking asshole. I've gotten 4+ repeats of some of his quests but he just refuses to give me the single one I lack from his rotation.

Since last week, I've begun using Accountant to track my income in WoW. For anyone who thinks that the Garrison missions don't give you a lot of gold..this might change your mind. I'm still spending a lot on getting the last few alts to 100, so the numbers aren't fully there yet. I also lack a full team of treasure hunter/scavengers. AH data is skewed too, because Ive been saving all my raw materials. So really my only income is Garrison, quests/loot from leveling to 100 and some minor AH stuff (mostly living steel cooldowns).

All my profession stuff for my 11 alts is being banked for 6.2:

Code:
week ending April 25th
Garrison -		46,802 (Spent 25,850)
Merchant Sales -	13,087 (Spent 27,765)
Auction House -		64,542 (Spent  7,024)
Loot -			 8,044
Quests -		 9,163

Total +			133,095
Total -			162,645
Total Gained		-29,549

week ending May 2nd
Garrison -		63,032 (Spent 32,400)
Merchant Sales -	14,884 (Spent 34,078)
Auction House -	       109,315 (Spent 13,746)
Loot -			 4,930
Quests -		 4,616

Total +			196,778
Total -			131,472
Total Gained		 65,306

So what are you doing with your garrison and what are you selling?

ZenaxPure

Most of the garrison money is from follower missions. Level 3 inn + stacking treasure hunter followers is a bunch of gold. I think I made around 65k or so last week from it and I am still setting up various alts (because it is a long process). It's going to be way more this week because some of my alts who contributed barely any gold last week already have close to 10k on them. Next week will be even more ridiculous since my 3 freshest alts should be able to get harrison jones if RNG allows.

So Harrison has Treasure Hunter, but his other ability makes it like the other followers on the mission have Treasure Hunter too? Or something like that? Just reading the description it's not clear.

And I'm too lazy to actually acquire him myself. Still don't feel like doing the dungeon dailies to unlock the level 3 inn.

ZenaxPure

So Harrison has Treasure Hunter, but his other ability makes it like the other followers on the mission have Treasure Hunter too? Or something like that? Just reading the description it's not clear.

Nah, his unique ability makes it so other followers in the group get boosted to his level and ilvl. It's basically a catch up mechanic for followers because you don't have XP penalties. If you have a level 90 follower on one of those 15k xp missions alongside Harrison they will get the full 15k instead of 10% of that. It's incredibly useful for leveling the treasure hunter you recruit from the inn each week.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Are there GAFers on StormReaver?

I haven't played since before MoP, but I'm planning on getting WoD once finals are done.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Selling sky golems, living steel, dark moon trinkets and some of the lightning Forge crafted blacksmith weapons. Some of the large amounts are me flipping some trinket upgrades though. Still lots of people undervaluing them. I have eight characters at one hundred now whom are running at least three treasure hunters.

One thing I just found out yesterday was all your alts can do the daily for the traders. Even my 98's can do them.

Garrison setup is :
Profession buildings x2
Salvage yard
Some of my alts have one unique profession so the second profession building they get is inscription, as it makes dark moon cards and had a daily with the follower added.

Barn for blood and leather cloth (which I make into gear to disenchant for dust) blood for inscription and other upgrade tokens.
War mill for follower upgrades
Inn for treasure quests and weekly scavenger or treasure hunter.
Barracks for 25 follower limit.

My alt professions are doubled up with alchemy and inscription.

phierce

Selling sky golems, living steel, dark moon trinkets and some of the lightning Forge crafted blacksmith weapons. Some of the large amounts are me flipping some trinket upgrades though. Still lots of people undervaluing them. I have eight characters at one hundred now whom are running at least three treasure hunters.

One thing I just found out yesterday was all your alts can do the daily for the traders. Even my 98's can do them.

Garrison setup is :
Profession buildings x2
Salvage yard
Some of my alts have one unique profession so the second profession building they get is inscription, as it makes dark moon cards and had a daily with the follower added.

Barn for blood and leather cloth (which I make into gear to disenchant for dust) blood for inscription and other upgrade tokens.
War mill for follower upgrades
Inn for treasure quests and weekly scavenger or treasure hunter.
Barracks for 25 follower limit.

My alt professions are doubled up with alchemy and inscription.
So do you actually get to play/enjoy the game or do you spend most/all of your time on garrison upkeep.

I have 4 garrisons running...not sure I would want to do and more than that.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I don't really enjoy the game at this point, the only real fun I have is gaining gold so I can pay for subscriptions.

I had quit due to burn out, but came back when the token released.

Looking forward to 6.2 though. I realized when wod dropped that I couldn't maintain my current job and raiding at the same time. Previously I had raided mythic SOO. it was a difficult adjustment, and with how sparse wod is with non raid content, I engrossed myself into the garrison grind for several weeks before burning out hard.

I'm approaching the game in a much more casual manner though, and honestly it is starting to take a long time out of my day to do the daily chores, but I can always scale back and skip the mine or herb garden.

The trap farming is very quick and my plan is just to farm enough on Saturdays to last three entire week. It's very simple now that you can be in a five man group.

But yeah, at this point I don't really like the (little) non raid content they are providing, so I'm just trying to have fun in other ways like making gold . I do plan to get challenge modes done soon though. But they seem a lot harder this time and my usual group from mop are burnt out.

Guy just dropped a 90k raise on Invincible's Reins bumping it to 300k.

I'll do up to 500k I think, but no more than that. Especially when I realized dropping 900k is almost like paying $1000. Don't think it's worth that much in terms of the amount of sub time I could have instead.

You really have to take into account WoW token values now when buying something expensive. It's part of the reason why I haven't upgraded my heirlooms all to 100. Besides the fact that 90-100 levels aren't needed so much, it would cost a small fortune such that it's more effective to spend the money on another month or three of sub time than what you'd get out of having the XP boost those levels.

ZenaxPure

You really have to take into account WoW token values now when buying something expensive.

I had this feeling at first but honestly as you get deeper into the garrison gold making game it starts to go away, at least it did for me. Last time tokens went down under 20k I went ahead and pushed my sub into 2017 and bought a friend of mine a few months + some heirlooms for his alts and I still have a pretty decent stash of gold. I find it hard to think about gold in comparison to tokens when I am set for 2 years right now, especially since we probably have a long while until WoD is over.

Looking forward to 6.2 though.

Yeah I am fairly optimistic for 6.2 now myself after the last few ptr builds, nice variety of stuff being added outside of raids. Already decided to not touch my last few alts that hit 100 since it seems you can get near a full set of 650 gear from Tanaan jungle just from the rare spawns/treasures. I'd rather do that and timewalking dungeons when they pop up than run more LFR on all of my alts. Also have a group of friends mostly ready for mythic dungeons.

Think the only thing I personally want that seems missing from 6.2 is some story content. Tanaan preview blizz posted made it sound like the new garrison campaign is going to be set up like the old one down to the quests coming in a random order. Really not a fan of this model at all, basically any aspect of it so I don't really have high hopes for the 6.2 campaign, but oh well.

Top Bottom