• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Renekton

What the hell is going on with the gold situation in Taiwan?!
I played in Taiwan server before. People are really efficient at earning gold until there is a fkton in the system, buying gold there is dirt cheap too.

Not sure about recently, but many raid pugs were done with gold-bidding system, so I buy a ton of gold and bid for loots in a pug and expect to be geared to the teeth within couple lockouts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one should want 'cool gear' in LFR sets because the lead art designers made it obvious from the start for most the sets now, 'Not the mythic set? Not the real set.'

You can tell with shit like the Warrior set that they just built the awesome set for the smallest portion of the population when it's current and then handicapped them down for the heroic/normal sets. Fuck that, that's actually the worst shit to me about all the armor set decisions in WoD. I didn't mind the exclusive colors and I was one of those 'smallest portions' for it. I wouldn't even mind a few bells and whistles for the mythic version but the mythic versions of tier look like the proper brand and the non look like your dollar store power ranger equivalent.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well the RAF issues have been fixed. When he accepted the invite it created a new instance of WoW on his account, so he needed to play from that one instead.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I played in Taiwan server before. People are really efficient at earning gold until there is a fkton in the system, buying gold there is dirt cheap too.

Not sure about recently, but many raid pugs were done with gold-bidding system, so I buy a ton of gold and bid for loots in a pug and expect to be geared to the teeth within couple lockouts.

It's not as policed, botting is out of control even more so than US/EU server clusters, they aren't 'more efficient' than anywhere else.

WoW China isn't even run by Blizzard, I don't know about the Asia server region. South Korea is just as bad.

Resubbed 5 weeks ago. Hopped into a heroic casual 2.5 hour raid that some people I used to raid hardcore with back in WotLK run. Finished up heroic BIS gear tonight. Welp. That was fast! (zero interest in doing mythic, so woooo)

daedalius

No one should want 'cool gear' in LFR sets because the lead art designers made it obvious from the start for most the sets now, 'Not the mythic set? Not the real set.'

You can tell with shit like the Warrior set that they just built the awesome set for the smallest portion of the population when it's current and then handicapped them down for the heroic/normal sets. Fuck that, that's actually the worst shit to me about all the armor set decisions in WoD. I didn't mind the exclusive colors and I was one of those 'smallest portions' for it. I wouldn't even mind a few bells and whistles for the mythic version but the mythic versions of tier look like the proper brand and the non look like your dollar store power ranger equivalent.

This kinda turned me off as well.

I actually went for the sets in pandaria, and even though they weren't as good I was fine with it, but now the non-mythic stuff just looks lame.

I just sort of wish they'd dumb LFR down a little less. Why can't we get normal with big number tweaks? Let bosses have 60% of their normal health and do 60% of their normal damage. One shots can be knock someone down to 25%. That way lfr has their easy tour mode but they're more readily prepared for normal and beyond. It's the biggest dumbing down in the game, and i just don't see why it's necessary.

It was nice to get tier sets in LFR in pandaria. Kept me playing for months to get sets with a few characters.
WoD just did everything wrong in terms of rewarding players that are not doing normal raiding. No emlems, no fun reputations, no good rewards in heroic dungeons, it's all just the daily login farmville game or grind. Why did nobody at Blizzard saw that players want to actually do something in the world, trade with other players for their profession, farm things out the in the world for your profession, etc.

To me whole WoD felt like they took all the half-completed features of Titan (social game aspects, just doing casual stuff instead of playing) and just build a WoW expansion out of it, instead of throwing them in the trash where they belong.

Also the jump from LFR to Normal was way too hard! I could casually do normal raids with twinks in wotlk and pandaria. In WoD the LFR is just faceroll, while you can just do 2-3 bosses on Normal with LFR equip, because if only 1-2 person fail the fight is over. If you have 4 difficulties just balance them right, that you have a curve to progress further.
e.g. the beastmaster boss, it's near impossible on Normal with random groups if you dont have a some damage dealers with way better equip than you get there

It was nice to get tier sets in LFR in pandaria. Kept me playing for months to get sets with a few characters.
WoD just did everything wrong in terms of rewarding players that are not doing normal raiding. No emlems, no fun reputations, no good rewards in heroic dungeons, it's all just the daily login farmville game or grind. Why did nobody at Blizzard saw that players want to actually do something in the world, trade with other players for their profession, farm things out the in the world for your profession, etc.

To me whole WoD felt like they took all the half-completed features of Titan (social game aspects, just doing casual stuff instead of playing) and just build a WoW expansion out of it, instead of throwing them in the trash where they belong.

I feel like they did all this stuff to get us out into the world and then gave us the garrison as an afterthought.

No dailies other than that one your table guy gives you, other than pet battles. Gathering is made pointless because everyone has a mine, and herb and ore prices were in the dirt on day one. Hell, you don't even need to raid to get raid loot.

I'm hopeful with 6.2. Mythic 5 mans sound like a good alternative to challenge mode dailies, and savage blood 2.0 needing to be gathered by professions in tanaan means everyone's going to be out there grinding like mad men. Bring on sunwell isle, i've missed the chaos.

CassSept

I just sort of wish they'd dumb LFR down a little less. Why can't we get normal with big number tweaks? Let bosses have 60% of their normal health and do 60% of their normal damage. One shots can be knock someone down to 25%. That way lfr has their easy tour mode but they're more readily prepared for normal and beyond. It's the biggest dumbing down in the game, and i just don't see why it's necessary.

Yeah, that's what actually ultimately made me quit. Sure, MoP LFR wasn't really demanding in any way, but at least there was any bit of strategy involved, you could compare how you are doing to others, have some feedback that you're employing mechanics of the game well.

Now WoD LFR was a travesty even compared to first T14 LFR wing. Boring, unrewarding, gated into smallest chunks possible. And since I mostly skipped the first two weeks of WoD due to workload/ridiculous queues I was undergeared for normal mode, which was made harder than SoO flex too. As a result it was harder to simply jump into T17 normal pug than into SoO flex one.

It was kinda fun playing MoP LFR to see the content and at least attempt trying to collect any sort of BiS set. WoD was a disaster.

E: What samurai said after the edit. SoO had perfect difficulty curve, T17 threw it out the window.

Renekton

It's not as policed, botting is out of control even more so than US/EU server clusters, they aren't 'more efficient' than anywhere else.

WoW China isn't even run by Blizzard, I don't know about the Asia server region. South Korea is just as bad.
Taiwan server =/= China server.

There might be a big internet battle if their realms were combined :D haha

StMeph

This is the LFR sweet spot. It's for people with zero interest in raiding.

I also don't see why LFR is necessary to prepare for Normal, because Normal was designed to be the step after Heroic Dungeons. What is there to prepare? All the information is already online, and LFR gear is already being overgeared going into beginning Normal progression.

I totally agree with the lack of non-raid content being a huge failure of WoD, but...

Also the jump from LFR to Normal was way too hard! I could casually do normal raids with twinks in wotlk and pandaria. In WoD the LFR is just faceroll, while you can just do 2-3 bosses on Normal with LFR equip, because if only 1-2 person fail the fight is over. If you have 4 difficulties just balance them right, that you have a curve to progress further.
e.g. the beastmaster boss, it's near impossible on Normal with random groups if you dont have a some damage dealers with way better equip than you get there

Normal is where raiding begins. LFR now is just a gear handicap for an ilevel boost to begin Normal raiding.

I don't see how it's impossible to do Beastmaster on Normal unless you have some DPS that way overgear the encounter. That doesn't make any sense.

And since I mostly skipped the first two weeks of WoD due to workload/ridiculous queues I was undergeared for normal mode, since I was undergeared they were made harder than SoO flex and you couldn't just pug them as easily as SoO flex.

...I don't follow.

Apparently a big botting ban wave occurred today. Good riddance.

Not banning just suspending:

sWIwquc.jpg
Pretty weak, thought I guess when you lose 30% of your subs in a quarter you can't afford to perma ban the botters.

Still weak.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't get why they wait so long and then only ban people for 6 months.

Those people may come back, and bot again for another year or two before they get banned again. The last ban wave I can find was Jan 22 2014.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What do people even bother botting these days? Vendor trash runs in cata dungeons? Random BG queues? I don't get it.

There are bots that can run your rotation in PvE for you perfectly, and bots that will automatically interrupt people in arenas, making it impossible to fake-cast.

lazygecko

Those token ban wave announcements haven't brought me any sense of joy or relief for longer than I can remember at this point. Blizzard's strategy has never done anything noteworthy to deter people from botting. I abstain completely from random battlegrounds these past years because the rampant botting culture has completely sucked out whatever enjoyment you could still find there. The botters have won and whatever seasonal ban waves Blizzard parades with just comes across as pitiful to me.

It is kind of interesting to see the rapid deterioration of the casual PVP aspect of WoW. Wintergrasp was a masterpiece, a chaotic battleground with bodies everywhere and tactical advantages won by forming roaming bands of People Who Knew that could tip the scales very rapidly, followed up by the reward of a 25 man raid that dropped both pvp and pve loot. Was glorious. Now everything is a massive commitment. Ashran queues are insane. Casual BGs are filled with multibox deathballs and botters idling at graveyards or spawn. World pvp is decimated by how heavily phased zones have become since Mists. As die hard pvpers express their resentment of their side of the game, their needs are getting serviced over those who want more experiences like Wintergrasp (or at least Timeless Isle opt-in pvp).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The Infernal Direwolf is from Glory of HFC raider.

A offset color mount, is a glory of the raider achievement.

Meanwhile a completely original mount costs 25$...

Thanks Obama.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Infernal Direwolf is from Glory of HFC raider.

A offset color mount, is a glory of the raider achievement.

Meanwhile a completely original mount costs 25$...

Thanks Obama.
Blizzard said they didn't see revenue decrease in spite of the sub loss. The player base is to blame for buying into the store without holding the company accountable.

Instant vs delayed gratification. Pandering to the former will always be more profitable for companies, hence the f2p boom and cash shops in MMOs. But as Blizzard has probably learned, those customers aren't exactly loyal.

Renekton

About the ban wave, how did Blizzard even find out if a player is using honor buddy? I don't cheat myself but I imagine it's on client input side so pretty hard to detect.

(edit)
It is kind of interesting to see the rapid deterioration of the casual PVP aspect of WoW. Wintergrasp was a masterpiece, a chaotic battleground with bodies everywhere and tactical advantages won by forming roaming bands of People Who Knew that could tip the scales very rapidly, followed up by the reward of a 25 man raid that dropped both pvp and pve loot. Was glorious. Now everything is a massive commitment. Ashran queues are insane. Casual BGs are filled with multibox deathballs and botters idling at graveyards or spawn. World pvp is decimated by how heavily phased zones have become since Mists. As die hard pvpers express their resentment of their side of the game, their needs are getting serviced over those who want more experiences like Wintergrasp (or at least Timeless Isle opt-in pvp).
You must be Horde :D

TheYanger

Those token ban wave announcements haven't brought me any sense of joy or relief for longer than I can remember at this point. Blizzard's strategy has never done anything noteworthy to deter people from botting. I abstain completely from random battlegrounds these past years because the rampant botting culture has completely sucked out whatever enjoyment you could still find there. The botters have won and whatever seasonal ban waves Blizzard parades with just comes across as pitiful to me.

this ban wave was MASSIVE. for whatever it's worth.

Robin64

Nice little 6.2 change, the first four tiers of Apexis gear now cost gold instead.

So easy 675 gear for everyone's cloak, gloves, helm, legs, belt, and bracers slots. Not bad.

Messed up the Beth'tilac part of the Firelands legendary - didn't realize I would have to go back up on the web to collect the charged crystal or whatever and accidentally killed her since I was super low on life. Oh well, next week. Got all the others done.

Also now know I can do firelands (at least 10m) on my lock at 94 who was pretty decently geared from SoO. Didn't know if the squish would affect him too much, but that's at least a 3rd person I can run through that each week if I'm up to it.

Blizzard said they didn't see revenue decrease in spite of the sub loss. The player base is to blame for buying into the store without holding the company accountable.

No that's not what they said. They just said their revenue was just more stable than their sub #s, and that it partially offset subscriber declines,

Which doesn't really say anything at all, and the wording makes it seem that it didn't off set sub loss $$ that much at all.

this ban wave was MASSIVE. for whatever it's worth.

But it wasn't a banwave, it was a suspension wave, they'll be back in 6 months and bot makes would have figured out how blizz detected them and in the end it'll be the same.

Tacitus_

Fucking shitty-ass RNG with fucking Harrison Jones. I've gotten 5+ repeats of several of his quests, but I'm still missing one to complete the achievement. And.he.refuses.to.give.it.

FUCK

ampere

But it wasn't a banwave, it was a suspension wave, they'll be back in 6 months and bot makes would have figured out how blizz detected them and in the end it'll be the same.

Well, hopefully if Warden was updated to catch whatever they were botting with it means they'd just get banned again if they come back and do it again.

Honorbuddy will likely get updated of course, the endless arms race. Perms might be a better solution though

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No that's not what they said. They just said their revenue was just more stable than their sub #s, and that it partially offset subscriber declines,

Which doesn't really say anything at all, and the wording makes it seem that it didn't off set sub loss $$ that much at all.
uh
D75WqN9.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fucking shitty-ass RNG with fucking Harrison Jones. I've gotten 5+ repeats of several of his quests, but I'm still missing one to complete the achievement. And.he.refuses.to.give.it.

FUCK

I haven't seen him on my two lvl 100s for over a week now. I still have 3 quests chains to complete for him because I keep getting the same fucking ones.

FUCK x100

ZenaxPure

FUCK

5 of my characters need the Frostfire quest. It has been something like 9 days since it has shown up, 3 days in a row it was the Gorgrond quest last week. Like I said last time, whoever programmed that shit needs to be fired. There is no reason for it to not just cycle through the 6 quests in a row and then start over each 6 days.

Dot50Cal

Banned
You guys know Harrison is available every day, right? Just find someone in the group finder offering him and see if he had the quest you need.

It's the same with traders, every day there is always one down, but it just might not be at your personal garrison.

The trader and quest that Harrison offers will be the same for everyone each day, so you are not alone in waiting for a quest.

I feel your pain though, going on two weeks waiting for the final quest to pop.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You guys know Harrison is available every day, right? Just find someone in the group finder offering him and see if he had the quest you need.

It's the same with traders, every day there is always one down, but it just might not be at your personal garrison.

The trader and quest that Harrison offers will be the same for everyone each day, so you are not alone in waiting for a quest.

I feel your pain though, going on two weeks waiting for the final quest to pop.

I know that, but I don't feel like trying to find someone who has Harrison. I know this is a MMO and everything, we need to be social with people and that was probably Blizzard's objective... But I don't call going to a stranger's Garrison for 1 minute to talk a NPC and leaving with a "Thanks" a social activity. It's completely different than doing a dungeon or raid or a world boss or a group quest(whatever few left there is in the game now).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't know if this still happens but when the patch first came out, people had auto invite groups in the group finder for Harrison Jones.

ZenaxPure

Obviously. Doesn't really help when you're stuck with 1 quest to go though of course. I seriously can't believe it has been over 8 days since the Frostfire one popped up. The fact you can go a full week without seeing one of them when there is only 6 quests total is madness.

That said, today is the Rukhmar quest which one of my characters needed to finish so at least he is done, and as a bonus Harrison upgraded straight to epic (which I didn't realize he could do) so thats nice.

Top Bottom