• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Varvor

6.2 looks like a cool patch, but honestly 6.2 minus the raid should have been 6.1.

The raid is still coming too soon for me, BRF has only been out like 3 months and it's a tough instance. We are going to start extending and putting all of our time into Blackhand, just hope we can get him down

I feel the same way, yet i feel conflicted.

My resto shaman now 695 (693 in useful gear(stats allocation)) and outside of mythic i am pretty much done with current content on it as my main. Mythic feels like near stale mate due to comflicting schedules for my guild and innability to progress far with raid ID lockouts.

As result of it i begun to level many many various alts to level 100, but after 10 years of resto shaman healing i find druid/monk healing to be....umcomfortable. Furthermore my primary pug leader who led some of thr best, if not THE BEST raids i ever seen was sweaped up in this BOT Ban wave the other day, which explains how he was able to lead so well.

So I never noticed before but for the blood princes encounter, there are windows behind them that show the locations where you originally fought them. It's only taken me 30+ runs of ICC to see it.

Also my monk is now 69. Someone power level me through Northrend and Cata
blush.gif

Also, 4 ICC runs this week and nada. Invincible is gonna take years, years I say!

TheYanger

So I never noticed before but for the blood princes encounter, there are windows behind them that show the locations where you originally fought them. It's only taken me 30+ runs of ICC to see it.

blush.gif

Also, 4 ICC runs this week and nada. Invincible is gonna take years, years I say!

my mind is blown now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

blush.gif

You fight them before?

ZenaxPure

Thought it was really obvious with "Naxxanar was merely a setback" >_>

Also those windows where it shows where you originally fight them are huge >_>

ZenaxPure

And on the subject of windows, the Kel'Thuzad encounter has windows/portals to Icecrown I believe. But for some reason that was more obvious to me.

But yeah.

I think that was the original intention back in Naxx 40 but since wrath didn't exist and all it's pretty much just looks like Winterspring. Actually iirc I think the old Naxx 40 trailer blizz made was filmed in Winterspring lol.

JSoup

Banned
I think that was the original intention back in Naxx 40 but since wrath didn't exist and all it's pretty much just looks like Winterspring. Actually iirc I think the old Naxx 40 trailer blizz made was filmed in Winterspring lol.

It may have even intended to be like the original Naxx portal, hidden at the end of an instance. Wanna go to Icecrown? Gotta finish Naxx first, that's where the door is!

davepoobond

Utgarde Keep, The Old Kingdom, and a ziggurat in Borean Tundra.

you know, i probably realized that at some point, but i completely forgot about it. it is sort of dumb because, like most bosses, i don't know why they are there to begin with so i just don't pay attention despite farming them over and over

you know, i probably realized that at some point, but i completely forgot about it. it is sort of dumb because, like most bosses, i don't know why they are there to begin with so i just don't pay attention despite farming them over and over

I'll be honest with you. During Wrath pre-raid content I don't think I made a connection between those guys beyond all of them having similar and unintimidating models.

Robin64

I kinda miss the notion of raid entrances being deep inside dungeons. Was a neat little bit of flavor, even if not great for gameplay.

Though in reality, who navigates to raid and dungeon entrances now anyway? Actually wiped in a few dungeons during WoD's early months when people actually ran them and a bunch of people, myself at times, didn't know where the hell the entrance was to get back in.

lazygecko

I'm setting up my garrisons to be gold making machines. What's the best building setup? I'm assuming you always want a level 3 barracks for the extra 5 followers.

I'm also having issues getting those instant 615/630 item level upgrades on one alt. Never get any missions for them and I've opened lots of salvage crates with nothing so far. Do I need a higher tier war mill to be eligible for those or something?

Also when running WotLK/Cataclysm raids for gold, is it worth going heroic or does that not make a difference for the value of the loot?

Robin64

Current 6.2 pricing for the Apexis gear.

1U0R7C5.png

It could be changed between now and launch but it's worth noting that Blizzard have said the high price is deliberate to discourage purchasing them.

Savitar

Anyone else notice that even if general/trade chat and the like are still not great since the ban they have vastly improved?

I swear people suddenly fear being too bad about things in some cases they don't want to risk being banned.

I'm setting up my garrisons to be gold making machines. What's the best building setup? I'm assuming you always want a level 3 barracks for the extra 5 followers.

I'm also having issues getting those instant 615/630 item level upgrades on one alt. Never get any missions for them and I've opened lots of salvage crates with nothing so far. Do I need a higher tier war mill to be eligible for those or something?

Also when running WotLK/Cataclysm raids for gold, is it worth going heroic or does that not make a difference for the value of the loot?

Bunker is a good source of follower ilvl upgrades, if you have the resources to dump into it. There's also a daily there that turns scraps into a random armor or weapon upgrade (the +3/6/9 kind).

For the raids, I don't know if WotLK is even worth it vs time spent. I think a full 25m heroic ICC is something like 600-700g? Meeeeeh. As for Cata, I'd definitely say do those on heroic. Assuming 25 man, the bosses drop 100 more gold each which adds up across all of them.

ZenaxPure

Bunker is a good source of follower ilvl upgrades, if you have the resources to dump into it. There's also a daily there that turns scraps into a random armor or weapon upgrade (the +3/6/9 kind).

It's also worth pointing out that salvage crates do not produce the set ilvl tokens anymore (615/630/645 stuff). They removed that in 6.1. All you will get from crates now is the +3/6/9 stuff. Still useful, but, yeah.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

level 3 Inn to recruit a tresure hunter every week, and give the treasure quests.

Trading post to turn cheap ore/herbs/fish into garrison resources to buy trait rerolling guides and then once every one of your followers is treasure hunter, to turn extra garrison resources into draenic dust.

Dwarven bunker to upgrade all the followers, and then you can get rid of it when they're 675

Barracks level 3 for the 5 extra followers when you need it, but you don't need it right away obviously.

2 small profession buildings of professions that you have to maximize work orders and crafted items, and then Salvage yard, the crates have a lot of gold from them as well.

The salvage crates dont give the 615/630 upgrades anymore, only the 3/6/9 ones.

I'm starting to get a few treasure hunters on my level 100s. I've gotten 22k gold in a day when there were lots of gold missions before. It feels like cheating.

ShinMaruku

I loaded up the ptr after years of not playing to see how Death Knights are and they nerfed the ghoul...

Why did they remove his unique lines such as "Me like shiiinnny" and "Me buy aaaannnnddd trade"

Current 6.2 pricing for the Apexis gear.

1U0R7C5.png

It could be changed between now and launch but it's worth noting that Blizzard have said the high price is deliberate to discourage purchasing them.

No worries, just buy and sell some out our WoW tokens™.

For that ilevel though, that gear is overpriced, as fuck.

I loaded up the ptr after years of not playing to see how Death Knights are and they nerfed the ghoul...

Why did they remove his unique lines such as "Me like shiiinnny" and "Me buy aaaannnnddd trade"

They've either removed or given everyone everything unique and interesting about most classes post wotlk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I've played several free 2 play games where you can't buy gold with cash or gear.

Yet the most known MMORPG with the biggest install base now does it .

Tacitus_

Blizzard is not selling gold or gear for cash though.

Indirectly they are, with the tokens. Although that's a few shit tier items being purchasable for gold, not direct (and only) real money for good items. So totally a non-problem, but there will be plenty of hand wringing over it.

Finally used one of my elixirs of ancient knowledge. Without someone to boost me through dungeons, just did questing. Got from 70 to 74.5 in the hour. Which is fairly decent I guess. Northrend is probably my least favorite part of the leveling process, especially the early levels there.

Finally used one of my elixirs of ancient knowledge. Without someone to boost me through dungeons, just did questing. Got from 70 to 74.5 in the hour. Which is fairly decent I guess. Northrend is probably my least favorite part of the leveling process, especially the early levels there.
Did you enjoy leveling through Northrend when it was released? I feel like a lot of people really loved that expansion for leveling and I was always just kind meh about it. I'd probably take BC and MoP over it any day of the week. Cataclysm I think was the worst of all of them though.

I loved Wrath content for leveling. BC and Mists were up and down; certain zones were awful and others were pretty cool. I still like Nagrand after all these years but I simply can't do Hellfire anymore.

Did you enjoy leveling through Northrend when it was released? I feel like a lot of people really loved that expansion for leveling and I was always just kind meh about it. I'd probably take BC and MoP over it any day of the week. Cataclysm I think was the worst of all of them though.

I thought it was okay the first time. I got sick of it I think because Wrath was my most played expansion (well, probably second most played at this point). It's just 12 (since you go there at 68) levels that drag to me now - the longest stretch of any expansion besides 1-60 (which is fairly varied).

Anyway, got to from 75-81 and into Hyjal with my second potion before being ganked by a feral and a rogue my own level (with guards around attacking them no less) with ~10 minutes remaining on it. Wrath hump gotten over, but I am slightly disappointed about that since I likely could have made it to 82. Out of them now, but I don't really need anymore. Paladin is now the only sub-80 character on the server, and he's primarily a bank alt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FUUUUUUCK I got hacked.

What's the fastest way to fix this?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just went over 400,000 this week :eek: Considering blowing it all on a spectral tiger mount or maybe a gold CM run since I'm lazy as hell and just want the rewards with no hassle.

Doing the Cata intro to Twilight Highlands quests is so weird with Vol'jin as warchief. They really should just phase it to have Garrosh. There's still mistakes with quest text.

Renekton

Doing the Cata intro to Twilight Highlands quests is so weird with Vol'jin as warchief. They really should just phase it to have Garrosh. There's still mistakes with quest text.
I'm wondering why Blizz randomly turned Garrosh into a bwahaha lunatic villain.

Was there an Alliance main villain in WoW? Arthas doesn't quite count since he was under Nerzhul's will (orc). Was Illidan Alliance?

I'm wondering why Blizz randomly turned Garrosh into a bwahaha lunatic villain.

Was there an Alliance main villain in WoW? Arthas doesn't quite count since he was under Nerzhul's will (orc). Was Illidan Alliance?

Illidan was kinda sorta briefly Alliance back in Warcraft 3. Kael'thas was decidedly Alliance, but also back in Warcraft 3. Other than that closest I can think of is Princess Moira.

You guys weren't kidding about not having to leave Jade Forest if you don't want to. The XP is normalized for quests in your level "range" now, I've noticed, and as soon as you get out of that it drops off by about 75% (Wrath -> Cata -> MoP). But in a specific expansion, one area seems to be as good as any other in terms of quest XP.

Monk is 87 and a bit now, still 8 hours left on the enlightenment buff (which has really helped so, so much having had it stacked up), so enough to get to 90 for sure. Really want to bust through MoP leveling since I also find it a bit tedious, and I'm so close to getting to Draenor.

lazygecko

There are no more Stables dailies once you upgrade it to level 3? You're just supposed to go and kill all the mobs while mounted again on your own initiative?

I feel dirty playing a subscription based game with In game store and now indirectly sells gear for real life money.

And Im still salty that the Grinning Reaver is a store mount and not a Laughing Skull reputation mount. And my boar mount still runs like shit.

Robin64

And Im still salty that the Grinning Reaver is a store mount and not a Laughing Skull reputation mount. And my boar mount still runs like shit.

Bit shitty that all the new 6.2 mounts are just recolors, too, while there's a nice shiny new mount in the store.

davepoobond

Bit shitty that all the new 6.2 mounts are just recolors, too, while there's a nice shiny new mount in the store.

At least we are getting recolors. We could end up in a situation like being stuck with 15 types of cockroaches that look exactly the same

Top Bottom