• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Ah, glad to know it's not just me then. I'm sure I'll pop in for any major content patch and definitely return for the next expansion. I just don't think I have it in me to play the game like I used to. It helps that I don't have to pay a subscription anymore, I can test the waters and not waste money if it doesn't work.

WoW has been so bad lately that I've gone back to FFXI, a game I last played in 2007. I think I log into WoW on average 10 minutes a day just to get daily crafts done and check garrison missions on 2 characters and then stop. Work is making me miss raid nights this week and it doesn't bother me. WoW is pitiful right now. I expect HFC to hold my interest for three months, tops and then I might unsub until the expansion, the first time I'll have ever unsubbed from the game in ~9 years of playing.

Wat do with 450+ crates of salvage?

It's fucking too much to sort through at this point, and I don't have the bagspace to handle it all, lol. This is over two characters.

I guess I'll get around to it eventually.

Wat do with 450+ crates of salvage?

It's fucking too much to sort through at this point, and I don't have the bagspace to handle it all, lol. This is over two characters.

I guess I'll get around to it eventually.
Haha... I wish I could open them for you. I love opening those things. I'll save stacks on purpose. Curious how many purples you'll see with that many. I used to see a random purple once every 100 or so. I haven't seen any in a month now.

ZenaxPure

Haha... I wish I could open them for you. I love opening those things. I'll save stacks on purpose. Curious how many purples you'll see with that many. I used to see a random purple once every 100 or so. I haven't seen any in a month now.

Yeah, I always save my alt's crates until monday night where I open them all at once. I love opening the things too. Epics seem really random though, at least for me, I open ~7-800 of them a week but I've only seen 2 epics since 6.1 came out, and I got them on the same day. Nothing since.

Warlords epics of course, get crappy old epics all the time.

Salvage crates ruined the xmog market. I seriously think they intentionally ruined every classic method of gold-making this expac, but then made garrisons give stupid gold for less effort anyway.

This expansion was all over the place in terms of (crappy) design.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I may get rid of my Salvage yard.

Lately when I log in, all I literally do is send my garrison missions off to do their thing. Eventually I'll have 40 of those stupid boxes that are full of junk. I hate going through them all.

Salvage crates ruined the xmog market. I seriously think they intentionally ruined every classic method of gold-making this expac, but then made garrisons give stupid gold for less effort anyway.

Transmog market was the silliest market, though, and it wasn't exactly consistent or classic.

You can still make a decent amount running old raids. And if you've fallen into the black hole of pet battling/collecting you can make decent money on that as well.

ZenaxPure

I don't disagree but personally I don't think they did it intentionally. I think they couldn't be assed to come up with new systems for the garrison so they just took every other thing in the game and shoved them into it. I just see all the bad things it caused as a side effect more than anything.

Thankfully for me though my server has never really had much of a transmog market so not much really changed.

Renekton

The ones complaining are sellers with profession alts and AH mods gouging us poor people who just want to have fun :]

About halfway through the crates now (1 character down). Only one so far epic, fittingly enough, a cloth monocle from BC I think. Still not great value. Though vendoring all the crap I got a little over 3k gold, so there's that.

Edit: Got another low level epic that was worthless, and just uncrated an Aryu's Puzzle Ring worth about 15k. So that's alright. 140 crates left.

Edit 2: So I went on my xmog character and posted stuff that has been clogging his bags. Nearly 700k worth of inventory.

About halfway through the crates now (1 character down). Only one so far epic, fittingly enough, a cloth monocle from BC I think. Still not great value. Though vendoring all the crap I got a little over 3k gold, so there's that.

Edit: Got another low level epic that was worthless, and just uncrated an Aryu's Puzzle Ring worth about 15k. So that's alright. 140 crates left.

Edit 2: So I went on my xmog character and posted stuff that has been clogging his bags. Nearly 700k worth of inventory.

Do you check every item you open? I check every blue and purple that I get, but I haven't had anything worth a shit except for a 655 shield and gloves.

Do you check every item you open? I check every blue and purple that I get, but I haven't had anything worth a shit except for a 655 shield and gloves.

I have a transmog list in TSM and it pops up in the tooltip for me if it's worth something. So I just have to hover to see. Rares and epics I'll check regardless, but for the greens, if it's not on my list, it's not worth the time and I just vendor it.

I didn't get anything else interesting besides the puzzle ring - that was the best find out of 400+ crates. Gotta actually sell it too, which may be somewhat difficult with where we are in the tier - it's only a 665.

ZenaxPure

I didn't get anything else interesting besides the puzzle ring - that was the best find out of 400+ crates. Gotta actually sell it too, which may be somewhat difficult with where we are in the tier - it's only a 665.

The 2 665 items I got from crates back to back I sold in a couple of days at 15k each. It surprised me at first but it isn't that crazy really, if all you're doing is LFR (which is probably a lot of people) that is probably better than anything you are going to have.

well i'm at least trying to get my garrison into shape lol. i didn't know what i was doing in advance to prepare everything while leveling to 100, so i've only now got all my buildings in place and only to level 2. trying to pump out work orders and do quests as much as possible to get the options to make my barracks, inn, and salvage yard to level 3. i've only seen harrison jones once, but will try out the LFG tool to do more of his quests.

yesterday i finally hit ilevel 615 and thought i would start some heroics. didn't realize i had to go back to the proving grounds to get silver in dps lol. it's a different approach than what blizz has done in the past. i think it's good though for all specs to have to prove they can at least be semi-competent before jumping in to the dungeon finder.

so that's my latest status update.

Purdy

Are there any guides of what to do when 100 in regards to garrison and stuff? I kinda hit 100 back in december and then just gave up, been playing on a vanilla server and fancy playing retail too again now

Are there any guides of what to do when 100 in regards to garrison and stuff? I kinda hit 100 back in december and then just gave up, been playing on a vanilla server and fancy playing retail too again now

Honestly there's not much to know, pick the buildings you want to grind on and go from there. Most garrison activity is time-restricted. Everything takes X hours to complete without your involvement. As soon as I unlocked Nat Pagle I basically stopped actively working on my Garrison.

Calcium

Banned

Well, for me the Garrison is all about making money. So I suggest getting the Inn, Salvage Yard and War Mill/Dwarven Bunker(?) up and maxed to level 3. Recruit Treasure Hunter followers as soon as you get that Inn leveled and then just put them on any missions that give gold. With all the missions you'll be running to level all of your followers the Salvage Yard should net you some decent coin. It's time consuming, but it'll pay off if you stick with it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
In the past I've used professions to make coin much, much faster than my Garrison currently outputs.

I've always made my money with skinning, but that's pretty much done right now. I make money by selling the elements I make with the burnished leather cd and tannery.

I was never really big on making too much money with non-gathering professions. I found a couple of markets recently that I've cornered though. Not revealing those though haha

I have a transmog list in TSM and it pops up in the tooltip for me if it's worth something. So I just have to hover to see. Rares and epics I'll check regardless, but for the greens, if it's not on my list, it's not worth the time and I just vendor it.

What is TSM?

ZenaxPure

In the past I've used professions to make coin much, much faster than my Garrison currently outputs.

Well I think the key point there he was trying to make is how little time it takes. I can make ~110k gold per week right now with only playing 30 minutes a day. I can't really think of another time in WoW where I've been able to make so much gold for so little time investment.

I wouldn't argue against more gold in the past, I mean technically I was making more gold per day in MoP with JC than I am now but that required like actual work and effort. Not logging on and hitting a couple of buttons then logging off and doing something else.

Calcium

Banned
Well I think the key point there he was trying to make is how little time it takes. I can make ~110k gold per week right now with only playing 30 minutes a day. I can't really think of another time in WoW where I've been able to make so much gold for so little time investment.

I get that. The post he was replying to was detailing the process of leveling a garrison to the point of printing money. That is the part that is time consuming. Like I said it'll pay off in time. Recruiting one treasure follower a week and getting everyone leveled/geared takes a long time.

ZenaxPure

I get that. The post he was replying to was detailing the process of leveling a garrison to the point of printing money is time consuming. Recruiting one treasure follower a week and getting everyone leveled/geared takes a long time.

Oh yeah, sure. In the most literal sense it is very time consuming to get to the point where the garrison prints money. Just most of that is waiting on timers to reset so it's not time consuming in your active participation really.

I can see the confusion though.

JSoup

Banned
Even if you're not optimizing your garrison, just daily playing will build up gold.
With my current set up on the only toon I'm bothering with, I'm making around 15K a week. That's not bad for super casual and a little initiative will make it better.

Also, anyone else in a realm where inflation just hasn't happened yet? On Draka/Suramar, stuff that was expensive this time last year is still the same price now, ignoring that many players are swimming in gold now.

Even if you're not optimizing your garrison, just daily playing will build up gold.
With my current set up on the only toon I'm bothering with, I'm making around 15K a week. That's not bad for super casual and a little initiative will make it better.

Also, anyone else in a realm where inflation just hasn't happened yet? On Draka/Suramar, stuff that was expensive this time last year is still the same price now, ignoring that many players are swimming in gold now.

I guess a good portion of those 3 million subs took their gold with them and there's less to go around? :/ Garrisons have absolutely flattened the notion of scarce resources, too. Nobody's buying anything at AH.

lazygecko

metzenpbp29.jpg

davepoobond

I guess a good portion of those 3 million subs took their gold with them and there's less to go around? :/ Garrisons have absolutely flattened the notion of scarce resources, too. Nobody's buying anything at AH.

I usually sell all of my garrison resources with little worry. The prices are low but the traders they added combatted that but tanked the blood price which is at about 170g now

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I get that. The post he was replying to was detailing the process of leveling a garrison to the point of printing money. That is the part that is time consuming. Like I said it'll pay off in time. Recruiting one treasure follower a week and getting everyone leveled/geared takes a long time.

I get a follower leveled in 2 missions now. You will be able to gear someone to 645 for 1k gold in 6.2.

The time invested is a thing...but you could argue when you used to level a profession it took a lot longer than leveling a garrison.

ZenaxPure

Garrisons have absolutely flattened the notion of scarce resources, too. Nobody's buying anything at AH.

I got really scared for a second last night because I ran out of blackrock ore on my JC and I thought I was going to have to buy some (since I only do the mine on one character). But then I logged across my various alts and went through their banks and found over 1000 ore and laughed at how stupid that was because all of that was just from salvage crates over the past few weeks.

TFW you run Firelands 6 times in a day and still don't have a mount.

Made something like 12k off it though.

Have 4 ICC runs to do this week as well. And I'm probably doing Onyxia sometime this week as well. Been holding off on Ulduar cause it's long and annoying. Probably not gonna farm it again till I have at least one raid checked off my list permanently.

davepoobond

So we're looking aaaaat hmm, 18ish months for the final raid tier this time? Unless they pull a Ruby Sanctum kinda thing, but that hardly counts. Wheeeeeee.

they're adding a whole zone!!!

hopefully they just add Farahlon at the end instead of a small raid. or both, i guess.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I hope it's next week instead of the 2nd. I'm getting so bored of BRF and I've only just now finally cleared heroic even.

ZenaxPure

I'd be satisfied if it was Timeless Isle v2, open ended pve and pvp objectives, outdoor bosses, no stupid gating behind pointless wait timers or excruciating rep grinds.

At this point I'd be satisfied if Farahlon was just a plot of land with maybe some decorations and if they're feeling generous perhaps some mobs to populate the area (don't even need loot tables I guess, might be asking too much).

StMeph

At this point I'd be satisfied if Farahlon was just a plot of land with maybe some decorations and if they're feeling generous perhaps some mobs to populate the area (don't even need loot tables I guess, might be asking too much).

Whoa there. Adding mobs will cost us another raid tier. You want a negative raid tier?

Nega-tier 18: trade in T18 tokens for new content.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's looking like the PvP and PvE armors are going to share models this patch. Not 100% confirmed or anything obviously, but their silence on it speaks volumes. Reminds me of when I wasn't optimistic about the new demon models being Warlock pets..turns out my cynicism was rewarded.

The background downloader also usually doesn't ever go up unless all the graphical assets are finished afaik. So that's good.

Really liking this new and improved WoW team, bigger and certainly more efficient.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm trying to corner the market on Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion and Battered Hilt's...Theres only a few up at a time and I snatched them up for around 10k each. Hoping to flip them, or at least up the market on these babies to 25k. It shouldn't be too hard to buy out everyone, theres only around 50 of these on all the US realms for each item.

Since the content they're in is a pain in the butt to farm and pretty mindless, I'm hoping I can turn a nice profit on them.

At the rate I'm going though, I should have 1,000,000 gold in a month, unless I get stupid and buy a TCG mount (very possible).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm trying to corner the market on Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion and Battered Hilt's...Theres only a few up at a time and I snatched them up for around 10k each. Hoping to flip them, or at least up the market on these babies to 25k. It shouldn't be too hard to buy out everyone, theres only around 50 of these on all the US realms for each item.

Since the content they're in is a pain in the butt to farm and pretty mindless, I'm hoping I can turn a nice profit on them.

At the rate I'm going though, I should have 1,000,000 gold in a month, unless I get stupid and buy a TCG mount (very possible).

What else is gold for?

I can't ever hold on to a significant amount because I keep buying the TCG mounts. I got the feldrake and the rooster when they were being duped but still going for around 100k. I'm saving up for the Spectral Tiger and debating if I want the Blue, epic, or both.

Take it from someone who had a lot of money piled up when Star Wars Galaxies shut down, spend your money and have fun with it, cause in-game money is the most worthless thing.

ZenaxPure

unless I get stupid and buy a TCG mount (very possible).

I've bought 4 TCG mounts over the past month and I regret nothing.

Pretty sure a few of those were probably dupes though as they were under their usual price on my server. They weren't like dirt cheap or anything, probably ~400k total for all of them. None of them were the ultra expensive mounts either so it wasn't a steal or anything. Though I think my next purchase might be the rooster if none of the other TCG mounts go below their usual prices on my server within the next few weeks.

But yeah, I've never been obsessed with having a huge stack of gold or anything so whatever. I'd rather have things than gold.

Top Bottom