• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ZenaxPure

Bit shitty that all the new 6.2 mounts are just recolors, too, while there's a nice shiny new mount in the store.

Mount situation in Warlords is highly questionable. Reaver and the Rylak should have been obtainable as rewards in game. I feel like most cash mounts before now have always been fairly unique and didn't have much to do with the expansion but those 2 are heavily ingrained in the Draenor experience.

Also confused as to why the Laughing Skull rep mount isn't at least the Iron Horde wolf mount (the one with the unique armor that looks all fiery.) The Sha'tari is the Iron Horde Elekk but the Laughing Skull is just a generic armored wolf. The Iron Horde wolf isn't obtainable at all which is a shame as I like how it looks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When you have your account back activate 2 step verification..seriously if a game offers it activate it in this day and age you need it you can download the blizzard authenticator app on your phone.

I removed it a while back because I couldn't get back into my account when I lost my phone :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Have you seen the glory of the hellfire citadel raider or w/e Mount? Its a fucking joke.
There's also no Netherdrake/skyguard/cloud serpent rep. Just the stables, which I really hated doing and have never used any of the mounts that it rewarded me.

I removed it a while back because I couldn't get back into my account when I lost my phone :(

That's why you write down the serial and restore code like they say. There's also SMS recovery.

Robin64

There's also no Netherdrake/skyguard/cloud serpent rep. Just the stables, which I really hated doing and have never used any of the mounts that it rewarded me.

I earned them, and then laughed my ass off at the animations. Every single one seemed to be horribly broken.

Just went over 400,000 this week :eek: Considering blowing it all on a spectral tiger mount or maybe a gold CM run since I'm lazy as hell and just want the rewards with no hassle.
It's crazy to see how many of you guys are in the 100,000+ gold range. I don't think i've ever had any more than 40,000 on me at any point in my subscription. It's my own fault for not putting in the effort though. I was considering the idea of building up some money to try and buy the ony mount off the bmh, but it finally dropped for me the other day unexpectedly. Seriously, the one mount I really want at the moment, and outside of invincible reins, is the black panther mount from ZG.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's crazy to see how many of you guys are in the 100,000+ gold range. I don't think i've ever had any more than 40,000 on me at any point in my subscription. It's my own fault for not putting in the effort though. I was considering the idea of building up some money to try and buy the ony mount off the bmh, but it finally dropped for me the other day unexpectedly. Seriously, the one mount I really want at the moment, and outside of invincible reins, is the black panther mount from ZG.

I love when people say stuff like...farm ore/herbs or something else horribly tedious.

I've made the most money from the easiest shit ever, the most montonous thing I've done to make gold was in wotlk/cata I would prospect ore and cut the good gems, and then make the shitty ones into jewelry and DE it. Made tons of money.

I don't know if HFC will do it, but I also made a ton of money from doing mythic Highmaul/BRF trash runs. It sounds boring, but after an hour your group will make about 500k of items. Easily the best gold/per hour I've done for a long time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
farming ghost iron ore in jade forest was relaxing. I did it while watching television/listening to new music. I hate that they killed that with Blackrock and mines.

I don't mind having the mine over farming it in the world. Then again my favorite grind in this game has always been fishing so I think I have a weird definition of boring.

I love when people say stuff like...farm ore/herbs or something else horribly tedious.

I've made the most money from the easiest shit ever, the most montonous thing I've done to make gold was in wotlk/cata I would prospect ore and cut the good gems, and then make the shitty ones into jewelry and DE it. Made tons of money.

I don't know if HFC will do it, but I also made a ton of money from doing mythic Highmaul/BRF trash runs. It sounds boring, but after an hour your group will make about 500k of items. Easily the best gold/per hour I've done for a long time.
Yeah. I take too many breaks from the game and miss out on early expansion money making. Then when I come back I have to figure out what everyone is doing to make money again whilst leveling my toons to max level and re-gearing them. I actually enjoy soloing old content quite a bit. It's mindless and I like checking out all of the gear that drops. Always looking for new transmog ideas.

Robin64

Haha, wow.

So it lets you learn Archaeology at level 20.

It lets you go to a dig site and use Survey to find a piece to loot.

And THEN.. then it delivers the bad news.

VCqv4Zx.png

Dinged 90 on my Monk, phew. Took about 36 hours with 2 XP pots. I don't think I was ever not rested and/or enlightenment buffed. Full heirlooms. Though I've got a bunch of other characters at 92-94, I might make the monk the next 100, as I do have fun with her. Will be good for farming stuff too. Might make her a tailor sooner or later.

Yeah. I take too many breaks from the game and miss out on early expansion money making. Then when I come back I have to figure out what everyone is doing to make money again whilst leveling my toons to max level and re-gearing them. I actually enjoy soloing old content quite a bit. It's mindless and I like checking out all of the gear that drops. Always looking for new transmog ideas.

Just do gold missions in the garrison and sell crafting upgrade items. I just sold the 685 cloth item for 15k.

Renekton

Dammit I have to be doing something wrong. The trash runs I tried in group finder were cycled join-order, so I could leave with nothing but repair bill.

TIL that if you get stuck on a bone spike during Marrowgar, eventually you'll come down. It just takes like 7 minutes or something stupid. Got impaled on the heroic version of the encounter on my Monk who's only 94 now and is a bit low on damage, but I have the healing elixirs talent, so it was impossible for me to die. Was in the process of opening a ticket when I got un-impaled.

EmiPrime

5 of my characters need the Frostfire quest. It has been something like 9 days since it has shown up, 3 days in a row it was the Gorgrond quest last week. Like I said last time, whoever programmed that shit needs to be fired. There is no reason for it to not just cycle through the 6 quests in a row and then start over each 6 days.

I just need the Frostfire quest too (EU).

It's little things like this that ruin my enjoyment of the game and mean I just leave my alts in their garrisons crafting things. It's aggravating enough on one character.

Robin64

Everyone I know needs the Frostfire quest.

What sucks is that's the quest today on NA servers. Pfft.

(wowhead has a really cool sidebar on the front page that shows every single thing for today)

It's one of the six quests for Harrison Jones. For some reason, the quests aren't equally weighted, and the Frostfire quest seems to take a long time before appearing.

Ah. I'm just getting back into the game, don't even know how to get him. Should I focus on trying to get him tonight since that quest is rare?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ah. I'm just getting back into the game, don't even know how to get him. Should I focus on trying to get him tonight since that quest is rare?

It could to take you days, weeks, months to get him. Depending on how RNG lucky you are. He MIGHT appears in your Garrison(I haven't seen him for 2 weeks at least), once per day, and he can give one of 6 quests when he does. You can only do his quests once per day too. You need to complete all 6 quests to unlock him. The worst part is that he could give you the same fucking quest 5 times before you get a quest you haven't done yet.

It could to take you days, weeks, months to get him. Depending on how RNG lucky you are. He MIGHT appears in your Garrison(I haven't seen him for 2 weeks at least), once per day, and he can give one of 6 quests when he does. You can only do his quests once per day too. You need to complete all 6 quests to unlock him. The worst part is that he could give you the same fucking quest 5 times before you get a quest you haven't done yet.

Well that's some bullshit. Why the fuck would blizzard even do that?

Where does he appear? My inn?

Bisnic

Inside your Town Hall or whatever the Horde version is called.

Note you could still search for other people Garrison in hope they do have Harrison with the quest you need... but I don't bother doing that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Note you could still search for other people Garrison in hope they do have Harrison with the quest you need... but I don't bother doing that.
The quest is clearly designed to push players to visit each others garrisons. Whether that's meaningful or not is pretty irrelevant, but not using tools like the group finder to complete a basic quest is just being obtuse.

Bisnic

The quest is clearly designed to push players to visit each others garrisons. Whether that's meaningful or not is pretty irrelevant, but not using tools like the group finder to complete a basic quest is just being obtuse.

Meh, it's more like having better things to do than searching for this, even if it doesn't take that long. It's not like i really need Harrison Jones anyway, I already have 2 or 3 Treasure Hunters and all my followers are epic ilvl 675, so his other special trait isn't needed.

Meh, it's more like having better things to do than searching for this, even if it doesn't take that long. It's not like i really need Harrison Jones anyway, I already have 2 or 3 Treasure Hunters and all my followers are epic ilvl 675, so his other special trait isn't needed.

It's probably less key presses/actions/time to get to someone else's garrison for Harrison than it was to type that post =P

ZenaxPure

Like mentioned above it's really not that bad. You can visit other people's garrisons and find him and get his quest. It doesn't matter if he is in your garrison or not. It takes literally less than 1 minute to open the LFG tool type in harrison and go to someone else's garrison who has him.

The real problem is that the 6 quests he offers are just in a random order. It's been literally WEEKS since the Frostfire one appeared on north american servers (before today), it's fucking stupid.

As for Harrison himself, the value of him is for people who are setting up their garrisons for exclusively gold making. Ideally you want at least 10 treasure hunters with varied abilities (though there is nothing wrong with having more than that) which means you will be recruiting a fresh follower from the Inn for literally months. Harrison is pretty much mandatory in leveling them up.

Anyone have any tips for managing the graphics in raids? I'd like it to look nice but man... when everyone pops everything at lust, shit will chug and I'd really like to not leave it on the lowest overall settings. I have a 970.

Anyone have any tips for managing the graphics in raids? I'd like it to look nice but man... when everyone pops everything at lust, shit will chug and I'd really like to not leave it on the lowest overall settings. I have a 970.

I drop my settings at the start of each raid. It feels a little bad but I'd rather see full-motion drab instead of a pretty slideshow.

Calcium

Banned
Welp, I didn't even make it a full month and I'm already burned out again. I'm starting to think it might be time for me to move on. I keep trying to recapture the feeling of Vanilla-BC WoW and it's not working. Oh well.

Robin64

I drop my settings at the start of each raid. It feels a little bad but I'd rather see full-motion drab instead of a pretty slideshow.

There's actually a seperate "raid settings" part in the graphics options now, which you can set and it will do it automatically.

Welp, I didn't even make it a full month and I'm already burned out again. I'm starting to think it might be time for me to move on. I keep trying to recapture the feeling of Vanilla-BC WoW and it's not working. Oh well.

Don't worry, it's not you, it's the current expansion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Something is fucked up with your addons. There's no way a 970 can't play the game at 120+ fps at ultra.

Check your addon memory usage or something, turn off shit you don't need in a raid.

Fjordson

Same here =[ sputtered out twice now this expansion.

I'll be back next expansion, though. I still love the game (I spent like 8 hours last weekend leveling my rogue lol) just can't justify the sub cost right now with my play being so erratic.

Something is fucked up with your addons. There's no way a 970 can't play the game at 120+ fps at ultra.

Check your addon memory usage or something, turn off shit you don't need in a raid.

It's mostly fine except when say... there's five hunters in a raid and they all stampede on top of all the spells and whatnot. Or that pull before Op where the tanks like to get happy and drag everything into the one room where shaman's chain lighting faster than F5 on Comic Con ticket sales day. I was feeling like there's a couple things I could tweak for my raid settings that would dampen that. I just don't know what would make the most difference.

Fjordson

It's mostly fine except when say... there's five hunters in a raid and they all stampede on top of all the spells and whatnot. Or that pull before Op where the tanks like to get happy and drag everything into the one room where shaman's chain lighting faster than F5 on Comic Con ticket sales day. I was feeling like there's a couple things I could tweak for my raid settings that would dampen that. I just don't know what would make the most difference.
Try lowering shadows and particle density. Definitely think that would help without making the game look significantly worse. Especially particle density given all the spells going off in a raid.

lazygecko

Alright, so I got my first level 3 tavern. What kind of missions can I usually expect from this? All I've gotten so far is a lvl90 quest with 37 gold reward and one with archeology fragments.

What addons do you have? I have a lowly 560ti with high+ on most settings and drops to 45ish, but im usually around 90-100 fps when solo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Try lowering shadows and particle density. Definitely think that would help without making the game look significantly worse. Especially particle density given all the spells going off in a raid.

It is 100% not your graphics settings. Turn off all your addons and go into LFR on Ultra graphics and see.

It is your addons. I get 130~ while I'm in a raid and I have a 660.

Why does Orgrim have the Grom Hellscream shoulder thing?

ZenaxPure

Alright, so I got my first level 3 tavern. What kind of missions can I usually expect from this? All I've gotten so far is a lvl90 quest with 37 gold reward and one with archeology fragments.

If you look at the mission icons the Inn missions will have a little bandage looking icon beside them instead of the usual crossed swords normal missions have. All they reward is gold, so that arch mission for example was not an Inn mission.

Okay, I'll try playing with the things recommended in here. I do have some add-ons; the one I worry about the most is Ask Mr. Robot but I had this problem before I even installed it (I regularly clear my logs).

JSoup

Banned

It's just this patch, but I feel you. Perhaps another game would be good for you until things pick up. Allow me to suggest Final Fantasy 14 and Guild Wars 2.

Calcium

Banned
Don't worry, it's not you, it's the current expansion.

Same here =[ sputtered out twice now this expansion

It's just this patch, but I feel you.

Ah, glad to know it's not just me then. I'm sure I'll pop in for any major content patch and definitely return for the next expansion. I just don't think I have it in me to play the game like I used to. It helps that I don't have to pay a subscription anymore, I can test the waters and not waste money if it doesn't work.

Perhaps another game would be good for you until things pick up. Allow me to suggest Final Fantasy 14 and Guild Wars 2.

I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy and I've already played the hell out of GW2. I'll just wait for ESO on consoles and play that. It'll be my first MMO on console, so that's bound to keep me interested for a while.

Fjordson

I've been considering trying FF 14, but I dunno. Been years since an MMO other than WoW has held my attention.

At least I have Witcher 3 for my fantasy gaming fix this week.

Top Bottom