• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with a quest.

It's the one titled "The Traitor's True Name". I actually accepted it a while back and couldn't defeat the guy up on top the hill so just left it and moved on. I've now come back and I can't do any damage at all to him! The first time I tried it I definitely did damage cause he transformed into the big red demon guy.

Is this quest bugged or am I missing something? I've tried a few times now but he's just taking no damage. I'm level 91 human warrior if that is any help.

Thanks

Renekton

Man, so Blizzcon is still 6 months away. Assuming that's when they unveil the next expansion, we then have to wait however long for beta, then the same again for it going live.. Tanaan/HFC is going to be it for over a year again, isn't it?
Sounds unlikely, no Guldan or Grom yet.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Pretty sure that Guldan will be taken care of in personal legendary questing and Grom will probably just appear in the end cinematic to sacrifice his life for us.

wrong on both counts.

their conclusions will be in two separate 200-page books

I get a follower leveled in 2 missions now. You will be able to gear someone to 645 for 1k gold in 6.2.

The time invested is a thing...but you could argue when you used to level a profession it took a lot longer than leveling a garrison.

How do you level them so quickly?

Getting on that soon then I hope. 3 quests out of 6 so far. Been able to do one every day with the LFG tool.

So my capital cities appear to be dead as fuck. Is that just a result of people sitting in their garrisons?

Not sure if posted already but Arcane mage's 4p tier bonus summons Arthas, Sylvannas, Jaina and Tyrande randomly to fight for few seconds.
rvgG399.png

p8nPL9x.png

nBfmyB6.png

3FNwqVI.png
And warlocks tier bonus summons this guy here

saw them on reddit

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
YOU FACE NOT ANOREGON ALONE, BUT THE MALCHEZAAR HE COMMANDS

that's pretty awesome.

Rarity says I have had over 25% chance for Invincible so far, nearly 33% for Onyxian Drake, nearly 30% for Flametalon of Alysrazor, and nearly 25% for Smoldering Egg of Millagazor.

SURELY I'LL GET ONE OF THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.

I know your pain. I have 15 kills on arthas, and close to 50 kills on Rag and DW and haven't seen any of their mounts. I do have Alys and Ultrax though. I want the blazing drake bad, its the last one I need for the meta.

lazygecko

I've had my level 3 inn for a couple of days now but I have yet to get any "particularly lucrative" mission. Nothing that even comes close to beating the regular rare missions with gold rewards anyway. Do I need a bunch of followers at 675 before they trigger or something?

ampere

wrong on both counts.

Well they wouldn't want players who only play the games to have fuck all idea what's going on

Not sure if posted already but Arcane mage's 4p tier bonus summons Arthas, Sylvannas, Jaina and Tyrande randomly to fight for few seconds.

And warlocks tier bonus summons this guy here

saw them on reddit

lol. sounds legit

Shahadan

Unless Azshara travels on draenor for some dumb reason my money is still on some islands with Kul'tiras as our base of operation.
Make it pirate themed or something. Give us a boat garrison (well, again I guess).

Have gul'dan repeat his original fate but survive this time, meet/help Azshara in bringing the burning legion on azeroth. And betray her somehow of course.
Wrathion loses his mind. Stuff happens.

Also, water trolls.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I want a sea/navy-based expansion as much as I want an Emerald Dream themed one.

Which is to say not even a little bit.

Robin64

I'd be down for a South Seas expansion if we could somehow avoid having another stupid underwater zone, which would be pretty unlikely.

Shahadan

Meh, they just have to find a dumb plot reason to raise ground zones from the sea. Gul'dan did it once, he can do it again!

We got robbed of a blue logoed expac in the cycle, we have to go back! Since apparently there is no more than 3 colors.

Shahadan

Maybe they'll play the reaching nostalgia card again and we'll go back to northrend!

totally expecting this someday

Azshara goes to claim some land and melts the ice! More water for everyone for some reason!
Bolvar is not amused, uses fire to cleanse those annoying lizards. Or joins them because something.
True Azjol Nerub zone!
Titan stuff!
Moar kvaldirs because we still don't know wtf they are doing here
Water Trolls!
Fire undead!
A song of ice and fire references!

What could go wrong.

JSoup

Banned
wrong on both counts.

And one free webstory, half of which will be an excerpt from Khadgar's diary, the other half the same but from Gul'dan's diary. We'll get an indepth look at how they really, really want to take their relationship public, but are both afraid of persecution.

OH SHIT. lol

I just don't care about alternate Draenor. I just don't. Send us back to the timeline that matters and have some real shit happen.

Do you guys know anything about the XP normalization? I read you can quest in one zone now and even if you out level it you would get XP as if you were in a new zone. Anyone know if that's the case?

RPGCrazied

All I know, next expansion better add a new class/race. And it better be all about the Burning Legion, quit the teasing. Also, let the Orc storylines go on a break for awhile.

StMeph

All I know, next expansion better add a new class/race. And it better be all about the Burning Legion, quit the teasing. Also, let the Orc storylines go on a break for awhile.

You're going to make us lose all of our raid tiers next expansion with that list.

ampere

I have to admit though, no matter how much they fuck up raid tiers and content releasing, I still have a lot of optimism for the future of Challenge Modes and Timewalking.

I want Timewalking Challenge Mode sort of stuff... gimme Vanilla/BC/WotLK Challenge Mode seasons. With revamped HD versions of old school gear sets and weapons as the rewards... yum.

Shahadan

I'm a bit bothered by how frequently I've read them respond to an idea basically "no, too much work" over the years.

Maybe they're just more transparent or maybe they don't see the necessity to invest time and effort in WoW nowadays, but it rubs me the wrong way.

Not to say they're lazy or some nonsense, but other mmos with far less subscribers and a smaller team are not afraid to put out new races or content.
Garrisons costing a raid tier seems ridiculous to me, especially considering how small they are.

Also not every raid needs 13 bosses or something. They could give us some Onyxia or Archavon situation in between, not call it a tier, and people would be happy (I guess?)

And other content as well. Cutting Farahlon sounded absurd to me. Pretending it doesn't exist and giving us a garrison mission to laugh about it is insulting. Especially since it appears on the logo and the ingame maps plastered on the walls.

Robin64

Speaking of cash shop, Blizzard posted a rather lengthy response to people moaning about shiny mounts being in there while ingame mounts are recolors.

Seems they have these things on a set production cycle now. Would be nice if they applied that thinking to the game too. OH.

And yeah, WoW is really missing the smaller raids now, whether they cropped up "randomly" or as part of a tier.

Onyxia, Gruul's Lair, Vault of Archavon, Eye of Eternity, Obsidian Sanctum, Ruby Sanctum, Throne of the Four Winds, Baradin Hold...

Anoregon

Do you guys know anything about the XP normalization? I read you can quest in one zone now and even if you out level it you would get XP as if you were in a new zone. Anyone know if that's the case?

I haven't heard of anything to that effect, no.

Speaking of cash shop, Blizzard posted a rather lengthy response to people moaning about shiny mounts being in there while ingame mounts are recolors.

Seems they have these things on a set production cycle now. Would be nice if they applied that thinking to the game too. OH.

And yeah, WoW is really missing the smaller raids now, whether they cropped up "randomly" or as part of a tier.

Onyxia, Gruul's Lair, Vault of Archavon, Eye of Eternity, Obsidian Sanctum, Ruby Sanctum, Throne of the Four Winds, Baradin Hold...

I can't think of an expansion that caused this many people to attack them since cata, and I think this is a LOT worse. I really hope they're paying attention to the apathy of their player base.

StMeph

I can't think of an expansion that caused this many people to attack them since cata, and I think this is a LOT worse. I really hope they're paying attention to the apathy of their player base.

WoD is like Cata in that they both took immense dev time away from new content to re-build old content. I'm sure character models took a lot of time/resources, just like rebuilding Azeroth did in Cata. This is stuff that is more or less necessary to keep the game going graphically, and doesn't get noticed as much because it's not in use by everyone, as new expansion content would be.

Two straight expansions of that, along with poor communication about the amount of time/resources involved for those updates and the likely sacrifices made (cut zones/tiers) make everything seem like a hack job. Mostly they really badly mangled expectations and projections.

If 6.2 is really as soon as it seems to be, that almost necessitates a Ruby Sanctum-like raid in the future just to keep things going til the next expansion @_@.

All they have to do is take the final encounter in Sunwell, copy/paste the whole thing, recolor it black and green, call it a "hidden summoning room" under the ruins of Hellfire Citadel, and BAM, instant 6.3 content, rawr Kil'jaeden. They can toggle flying in 6.3 too and call it a huge feature.

Peachpies

I have to admit though, no matter how much they fuck up raid tiers and content releasing, I still have a lot of optimism for the future of Challenge Modes and Timewalking.

I want Timewalking Challenge Mode sort of stuff... gimme Vanilla/BC/WotLK Challenge Mode seasons. With revamped HD versions of old school gear sets and weapons as the rewards... yum.
coming soon

StMeph

If 6.2 is really as soon as it seems to be, that almost necessitates a Ruby Sanctum-like raid in the future just to keep things going til the next expansion @_@.

All they have to do is take the final encounter in Sunwell, copy/paste the whole thing, recolor it black and green, call it a "hidden summoning room" under the ruins of Hellfire Citadel, and BAM, instant 6.3 content, rawr Kil'jaeden. They can toggle flying in 6.3 too and call it a huge feature.

Are you from the future? Do you/we have hoverboards yet?

Robin64

Given they're calling the Adventure Journal "content", nothing would surprise me with what they come out with between now and the next xpac and expect players to love it.

Shahadan

Are you from the future? Do you/we have hoverboards yet?

Well that's not exactly a gambling here. They'll release 6.2 to "counter" Heavensward like they always do, and then at blizzcon they announce the next xpac like they always do.

And then we wait 1 year like we always do.

Robin64

Well that's not exactly a gambling here. They'll release 6.2 to "counter" Heavensward like they always do, and then at blizzcon they announce the next xpac like they always do.

And then we wait 1 year like we always do.

And then another promise that this time they'll make the gaps smaller.

Man, I realise how bitter I sound in my posts here, but it's only because I love Warcraft and Blizzard to bits, so this all hurts more than it should.

Top Bottom