• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizzard needs another' you are fucking insane' achievement like The Insane, Conqueror, or even Bloodsail Admiral.

Just some insane time wasting title. I'm so close to my Gorgeous...

strafer

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/532164490293293056

They’ve left their mark on New York City. Azeroth is next... #Warlords

D2IVAzv.png

Jag

So reading the Garrison/Outpost pricing, I think the value of gold is going to be radically changed once people start hitting 100.

Costs for Garrison building and changes range between 5k-10k which Blizz is not going to assume most people have (especially with new boosted 90s). I never got past 92 on the beta, so I didn't get a good sense of the gold flow but it will have to be substantial.

This means you should have at least 5k (maybe 10?) by the time you hit 100, just like with other expansions you can earn enough to learn flying once hit the cap. Since there is no flying (yet), Garrisons will be one money sink.

ampere

Blizzard needs another' you are fucking insane' achievement like The Insane, Conqueror, or even Bloodsail Admiral.

Just some insane time wasting title. I'm so close to my Gorgeous...

Going to Need a Bigger Bag fits the bill... but no title. I've spent so many hours of that thing and probably will never finish. Hundreds of Huolon kills with no mount, did almost 20 last night : /

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/532164490293293056

http://i.imgur.com/D2IVAzv.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's neat, don't know if I've ever seen WoW advertising like that. There was the McDonalds stuff

vocab

So reading the Garrison/Outpost pricing, I think the value of gold is going to be radically changed once people start hitting 100.

Costs for Garrison building and changes range between 5k-10k which Blizz is not going to assume most people have (especially with new boosted 90s). I never got past 92 on the beta, so I didn't get a good sense of the gold flow but it will have to be substantial.

This means you should have at least 5k (maybe 10?) by the time you hit 100, just like with other expansions you can earn enough to learn flying once hit the cap. Since there is no flying (yet), Garrisons will be one money sink.
Bonus rolls are also gold. 5k is barely anything. Dungeons are supposed to give decent gold but I haven't seen the numbers.

I recommend a gathering profession to at least supplement leveling.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Everything that used to reward justice/valor rewards a decent chunk of gold in Draenor, apparently. Blizzard is at least under the impression that people will be generating (and spending) much more gold on average than previously.

StayDead

So dailies are going back to how they should be and how they started out, gold making machines. I can live with that.

I finally got around to installing Altoholic and by god is it such a huge help when I have stuff sprawled over about 6 characters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So dailies are going back to how they should be and how they started out, gold making machines. I can live with that.

I finally got around to installing Altinator and by god is it such a huge help when I have stuff sprawled over about 6 characters.
So dailies don't give rep anymore?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There are very few dailies on Draenor in general, so I wouldn't really rely on them for gold. The Apexis daily from your garrison is like the only prominent one, but I am sure there are a few other scattered around.

Jag

Bonus rolls are also gold. 5k is barely anything. Dungeons are supposed to give decent gold but I haven't seen the numbers.

I recommend a gathering profession to at least supplement leveling.

I wouldn't say 5k is nothing right now for the average player. My point is I think 5k will not be as significant when we hit 100. To me it seems like a fairly big jump in gold numbers. I guess that would be considered gold inflation?

Magnus

237 Arch. Can I grind this out before Thursday? SHOULD I grind this out before Thursday?

I want to enter this expansion with all I can do to offer me more gear options and fun than I have before.

I hated rolling into Cat and Pandaria not having something like Arch; I'd go by a hotspot or node or see gear being linked around and got some #FOMO.

Hixx

237 Arch. Can I grind this out before Thursday? SHOULD I grind this out before Thursday?

I want to enter this expansion with all I can do to offer me more gear options and fun than I have before.

I hated rolling into Cat and Pandaria not having something like Arch; I'd go by a hotspot or node or see gear being linked around and got some #FOMO.

Archaeology can be done in an afternoon. Even quicker if you want to stock up on Runestones (though you will get plenty while digging anyway).

I might go finish levelling it on my Hunter. Can get a nice 620 helm while levelling and pick up a weapon for my Paladin as I don't have an heirloom. Plus I read there was some cool platforming stuff (like those 3 chests in the Isle) in one of the zones that you need archaeology for.

Magnus

Archaeology can be done in an afternoon. Even quicker if you want to stock up on Runestones (though you will get plenty while digging anyway).

I might go finish levelling it on my Hunter. Can get a nice 620 helm while levelling and pick up a weapon for my Paladin as I don't have an heirloom. Plus I read there was some cool platforming stuff (like those 3 chests in the Isle) in one of the zones that you need archaeology for.

You can get Runestones from elsewhere?

mileS

It pisses me off heirlooms were removed while we wait god knows how long for them to get their shit together. What a bad time to remove them as well, tons of people wanting to level while they wait for the expansion.

strafer

It pisses me off heirlooms were removed while we wait god knows how long for them to get their shit together. What a bad time to remove them as well, tons of people wanting to level while they wait for the expansion.

Heirlooms are still available at the Argent Tournament

Wunder

Aren't most dailies moving over to "work order" and mission stuff for your garrisons? Like they are daily but all you really do is play a little mini-game and send out your followers and get stuff back? I like that a lot more.

StMeph

Given that the rate of XP gain and amount of XP needed to level have been adjusted substantially, there's really not that much of a difference having an heirloom for leveling or not. It's unlikely to dramatically alter the arc of your leveling pace, but everyone upset about heirlooms seems to feel that way.

Magnus

Given that the rate of XP gain and amount of XP needed to level have been adjusted substantially, there's really not that much of a difference having an heirloom for leveling or not. It's unlikely to dramatically alter the arc of your leveling pace, but everyone upset about heirlooms seems to feel that way.

X% faster is X% faster, isn't it?

You can buy them off the AH.

Oh SHIT. Really? Why even dig then? Or is it a max X number of runestones per artifact?

mileS

Heirlooms are still available at the Argent Tournament

That isn't updated properly. It's missing the new staff, shields, etc etc. Has no helms, legs, and cloaks.

This makes absolutely no sense. Yes the amount of XP needed to level has been adjusted, doesn't change the fact that looms make it even faster.

And honestly that's only a minor part of it, its about how powerful your character is. If you level up from dungeons for example, you can sometimes go 15-20 levels before you get an upgrade for a certain main slot. Heirlooms keep your character nice and overpowered without having to worry about the lack of drops.

Number45

Have heirlooms actually been removed from the game, or do you mean you just can't obtain them any more because of the justice vendors being removed?

Hixx

X% faster is X% faster, isn't it?

Oh SHIT. Really? Why even dig then? Or is it a max X number of runestones per artifact?

Yeah, some can take 1, others 3. Some none.

But still, whichever way you do it, Archaeology is really fast to level now. Only cooking/first aid is quicker but they can be done in like 20 minutes anyway.

Ultratech

And honestly that's only a minor part of it, its about how powerful your character is. If you level up from dungeons for example, you can sometimes go 15-20 levels before you get an upgrade for a certain main slot. Heirlooms keep your character nice and overpowered without having to worry about the lack of drops.

With the recent stat squish, this isn't much of an issue anymore.

You can literally get gear that will last you probably 15 levels or more now.

Not to mention the random loot bags from doing random Cata and Pandaria Normal dungeons which have gear.

Have heirlooms actually been removed from the game, or do you mean you just can't obtain them any more because of the justice vendors being removed?

Nah, they just removed the JP vendors that previously had them.

You can still get them from the Argent Tournament or Darkmoon Faire.

mileS

With the recent stat squish, this isn't much of an issue anymore.

You can literally get gear that will last you probably 15 levels or more now.

Not to mention the random loot bags from doing random Cata and Pandaria Normal dungeons which have gear.

True, but 1-2str is more of an upgrade than it used to be.

Nah, they just removed the JP vendors that previously had them.
You can still get them from the Argent Tournament or Darkmoon Faire.

Not just the JP vendor, the guild vendor doesn't sell anything anymore either. And again like I said, you can't buy them anymore.

Argent Tournament doesn't sell the new shields or staff. Darkmoon thankfully does. But the guild vendor looms haven't been added to any of these.

Anoregon

Not just the JP vendor, the guild vendor doesn't sell anything anymore either. And again like I said, you can't buy them anymore.

This is incorrect. Guild vendors still sell heirloom cloaks, legs, and helms. I hit one up like two days ago.

Anoregon

really? do you need to be exalted with a guild to even see them? Tried on 2-3 of my characters and didn't see anything :/

Revered, but I know they are also tied to guild achievements.

True, but 1-2str is more of an upgrade than it used to be.

Argent Tournament doesn't sell the new shields or staff. Darkmoon thankfully does. But the guild vendor looms haven't been added to any of these.

I just bought a cloak and helm from guild vendor yesterday? I also don't think the Argent's heirlooms ever updated, they've always just had the same stuff.

Edit: Oops late, should have refreshed.

Magnus

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1599068-Comprehensive-guide-to-building-up-your-Garrison

This guide confirms for me that there is a fucking lot of new shit to learn in WoD. Garrisons are more comprehensible to me, but the amount of possible configurations of buildings, bonus buildings, followers, etc. Making my head spin.

I still don't know what I'll do, but I guess I'll take this guide's recommendation for levelling/gold-focused build orders at the start.

I still don't quite understand how work orders work....I'm sure it'll all make sense once we're playing in a few days.

Wunder

This is incorrect. Guild vendors still sell heirloom cloaks, legs, and helms. I hit one up like two days ago.

Yeah same here, bought some tanking plate! Wish I had the foresight to get a sword and shield though :( Just buy it off your main, which should be revered and in a guild with them available.

Amazon shipped my copy last night of WoD. I guess they want to make sure I get it on release day! Thanks Amazon! :)
Nice! This made me check my order but I'm still sitting at "Not yet shipped." Not too worried since I have Prime and they still have me down for release date delivery. I'm pumped though!

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1599068-Comprehensive-guide-to-building-up-your-Garrison

This guide confirms for me that there is a fucking lot of new shit to learn in WoD. Garrisons are more comprehensible to me, but the amount of possible configurations of buildings, bonus buildings, followers, etc. Making my head spin.

I still don't know what I'll do, but I guess I'll take this guide's recommendation for levelling/gold-focused build orders at the start.

I still don't quite understand how work orders work....I'm sure it'll all make sense once we're playing in a few days.

Been reading it the past few days. I know what I want out of them, but damn there seems to be a lot you can do.

My concern is that a lot of it seems to be very 'free to play' app-game styles of like setting things to do tasks and coming back hours later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It really did. I would not be surprised to see 'booster coins' show up in the shop at some point.

I thought that too, but that would be Blizzard interfering directly with the economy via real money. So far, all their real money stuff has avoided that aside from the stray person in trade selling shop mounts from time to time.

Top Bottom