• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To me it is a little hard to compare WoW development to other games because it is probably the biggest game ever created. I mean Nintendo can put out a flawless Mario game but that just isn't anywhere near the scope of what WoW has become. Just my thoughts, I am curious to see if there are any examples to refute what I am thinking though.
I'm not really trying to take a swipe at Blizzard. Obviously these expansions are big undertakings but it isn't exactly like their scope is unmatched either. I just think it's kind of silly to praise a company for throwing out content that they screwed up the planning on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was thinking more of their approach to balance.

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually did a good job of it but poor balance decisions + overly long balance cycles = ????

Damn. People weren't kidding about that frog farming on Timeless being ridiculous. Boosted a DK to 90 and within 2 hours was 508. Starting to get pretty excited about WoD now, haven't been around for the start of an xpac since Wrath.

vocab

Getting outdpsed by our rogue with glaives on h garry carries on my ele shaman

why blizzard why

similar gear? You need haste. After doing a couple of weeks of mythic, haste seems to be so much more important than mastery. Those 1.6 LB can go fuck off.

Im really lazy to regem for useless content, but man if i had haste, I wouldnt be either top or flat bottom most of the time in 575 gear.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I just booted it up and that ridiculously badass intro made a compelling argument for choosing Orc... hmmmm...

Edit: Uhhh... it says I have no gametime, but I just setup a subscription. However I look and it says "Renews: 9/28/2014 1:00 AM" which is when the free time they gave me (that I never used) ended. How to fix?

My 7 day trial period thing has now expired. :(

I got so hooked during those 7 days I may just resub. However, I'll do it in December when I'm less busy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
similar gear? You need haste. After doing a couple of weeks of mythic, haste seems to be so much more important than mastery. Those 1.6 LB can go fuck off.

Im really lazy to regem for useless content, but man if i had haste, I wouldnt be either top or flat bottom most of the time in 575 gear.

Yeah, similar gear. The cast times are definitely an unwelcome addition. I was stacking mastery pre-6.0 and my cast times were still ok, but then they slammed the shit out of it.
Blood Elf or nothing.

Nothing>Blood Elves

ampere

Here's an interview with Furor on various aspects of WoD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJPYSap1Hw

Guy is a boss... played EQ hardcore and got hired by Blizzard to work on their MMO which has dominated for a decade.

You can't watch this and say they don't listen to feedback.

People who say they ignore their community are so dumb. They are really dumb, for real.

Yup. When there are 10 million voices saying different things they obviously can't listen to satisfy all feedback.... And I do empathize when there are issues with the game it can be hard for them to filter the noise and see the legitimate issues.

antonz

They do listen but they can be awfully slow in responding. Mages in Burning Crusade is a good example. The Class was pretty much totally pointless in that expansion. Other classes could do everything they could and infinitely better. Bringing a mage was more or less being sympathetic to the player.

It stayed that way for all of BC and that was downright insulting.

Haly

It took a while for Druids and non-Holy Paladins to become worthwhile in Vanilla as well.

Somnia

Re-started with a boosted undead priest holy spec cause about 15-20 of my old guildies are coming back.

Up to a 529 ilevel after doing some SOO, also got the Blue Proto-Drake mount from one of the bags tonight for doing a SOO raid.

I'm fucking hooked again, but I haven't played since Burning Crusade so I've missed a TON.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing to see other priests complain about Teir 17 mythic. The one time Shadow gets a set that fits them, all the holy come out to qq about it. Despite 16 tiers being based on their aesthetic.

Haly

druids were there for cc, and no one played rets in raids. get real. Prot pally wasn't viable either.

I was thinking Druids/Paladins stopped being useless after TBC. Which is a pretty long time to be useless, like antonz's comment about Mages.

vocab

I was thinking Druids/Paladins stopped being useless after TBC. Which is a pretty long time to be useless, like Mages post TBC.

You are right. Prot pallies didnt exist because they couldnt. They were too valuable as buffer/holy.

cdyhybrid

Thought about pugging SoO Normal over the next few days for some gear upgrades to make leveling slightly faster, but the first group I joined pretty much killed any desire to do that.

Not worth the headache.

ampere

They do listen but they can be awfully slow in responding. Mages in Burning Crusade is a good example. The Class was pretty much totally pointless in that expansion. Other classes could do everything they could and infinitely better. Bringing a mage was more or less being sympathetic to the player.

Rogue/Mage/Priest has always been a powerful arena comp and I know several Mages who raided seriously in BC and they said it was fine.

Boring perhaps, but so were other classes then. Hunters could macro their rotation to a single button and some Warlocks just spammed Shadowbolt

Thought about pugging SoO Normal over the next few days for some gear upgrades to make leveling slightly faster, but the first group I joined pretty much killed any desire to do that.

Not worth the headache.

It can be a crapshoot, but once you find a decent group it's pretty easy to steamroll.

Haly

Good times.
mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg

Jarnet87

hit 58 on my rogue today. Got to Hellfire and despair set in as it always does. I can't stand leveling in BC, it's the absolute worst. I'm going to stay strong and not boost him as I need it for my Lock to do herb/alch.

Haly

hit 58 on my rogue today. Got to Hellfire and despair set in as it always does. I can't stand leveling in BC, it's the absolute worst. I'm going to stay strong and not boost him as I need it for my Lock to do herb/alch.

You might be doing this already but always have a dungeon queued up while you quest.

Salamando

Warrior - Mage - Warlock

Which class is worth boosting more? I have 90's of everything else and all tradeskills accounted for. My luck with heirloom drops from Garrosh have sucked. None of them would be able to use anything. My main is a Shadow Priest and my primary alt is a Prot/Ret Pally.

Thinking 'Lock, since the warrior can level real quick by tanking randoms. And mages, well, I'll just have to run with the one near 40 that I have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I may have a very different approach to this expansion that I've never done before. I may actually level ALL my alts to 100 first and use that to gauge which character I want to pursue as my main for Warlords.

I'm not that worried about catching up on gear, honestly. It's never been a problem. And my current guild isn't really one I'm going to kill myself over impressing. Doubt I'd be doing much progression with them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think I may have a very different approach to this expansion that I've never done before. I may actually level ALL my alts to 100 first and use that to gauge which character I want to pursue as my main for Warlords.

I'm not that worried about catching up on gear, honestly. It's never been a problem. And my current guild isn't really one I'm going to kill myself over impressing. Doubt I'd be doing much progression with them.

Sounds like fun.

7PVc3v5.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

eep

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a much better option than what I did in MoP. Leveling my Monk and focusing it entirely, getting the cloak, getting normal gear then finding out I enjoyed an alt way more.

plus all dem mount runs

Karl Hawk

Banned
This what I got from yesterday's run with my guild (When I almost gave up on getting a plate bracer before Thursday):
jbxttNjJgWUAJZ.jpg

Bless you, Warforged seals. ;)

And yes, I know that I'll be replace it soon enough while streamrolling through WoD, but I wanted to pat myself on the back, mm'kay? :p

vocab

Oh what's that on warcraftlogs, boomkin most overpowered spec in 6.0 to finish out mop? Your damn right.

Well it must be nice to only have power for a week.

94k starsurges. Okay blizz.

StayDead

It wasn't like that in the beginning. We could mage tank, had amazing AOE and did fine DPS. Then they gave warlocks seed of corruption which I'm still salty about. I guess it could be that the guild I ran wasn't very good but I out DPS'd everyone consistantly as frost, fuck the police I wasn't going to play fire.

Top Bottom