• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ampere

Worth mentioning though that crafting resource production totally blows if you are not at max skill

Yea. If you want max level mats from daily CDs you def want to be 700 skill.

It might not be most efficient to level professions with WoD mats. Just good for people who can't get those skill points due to a dead server, etc

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The best part about Firelands being so easy is that I can run it a lot. The worst part is that I have to run it a lot. Even worse is that getting one of the mounts doesn't mean I can stop running it.

Brew124

Just got my Shaman to level 90 yesterday. Makes 7 characters now at max level going into WoD (Druid, Hunter, Paladin, Priest, DK, Rogue, and now Shaman).

I'd like to eventually have all classes at max level one day, but I spend a majority of my time on the Druid for raids and leading our guild.

Sothpaw

So I hear garrisons are going to be $$$. Any advice on the best way to make money for the next few nights? My gear is only fresh pandaria 90 + the intro WoD questline.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I hear garrisons are going to be $$$. Any advice on the best way to make money for the next few nights? My gear is only fresh pandaria 90 + the intro WoD questline.

Gold value is going to inflate big time as soon as WoD and garrisons start hitting. So any money you make now generally isn't going to be comparable to what will be the average amount of gold in WoD. Just best to keep questing, the first couple lots for generating resources are quest based anyways

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Death from Above is going to end up taking more rogue lives than Killing Spree

Dead rogues, boo hoo.

Nothing of value was lost.

Melee shouldn't have anything to complain about coming up in WoD. The era of ranged is over.

Mine are the tears of a thousand salt by the way. I switched off Paladin to Warlock fairly recently. Paladin since BC, I manage to fuck that up right when they're finally git gud.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If I can't need on it, no one can.

Edit: This reminds me of when Hunters could have an off hand. You'd see them need on staffs.

Staves were a pretty common weapon - they'd share Agility staves with Druids.

Fjordson

Melee shouldn't have anything to complain about coming up in WoD. The era of ranged is over.

Mine are the tears of a thousand salt by the way. I switched off Paladin to Warlock fairly recently. Paladin since BC, I manage to fuck that up right when they're finally git gud.
How do you mean?

Not disagreeing or anything, just curious. I haven't really looked in detail at any PvE stuff for WoD.

Magnus

How FUCKED am I if I have no idea how Garrisons work at all going into WoD?

I thought I wanted to basically go in fresh, but my desire to be in the know (and doing things efficiently + raking in good amounts of gold) means I think I should bone up on how they work....

Magnus

It seems pretty complex to me right now, but I've only had cursory glances at wowhead articles and patch notes.

I should really just learn how they work, haha

Magnus

Is it generally recommended that one pick buildings that match and enhance their character's professions for the best gains?

Is there a good breakdown/outline of the whole system anywhere?

Wunder

How FUCKED am I if I have no idea how Garrisons work at all going into WoD?

I thought I wanted to basically go in fresh, but my desire to be in the know (and doing things efficiently + raking in good amounts of gold) means I think I should bone up on how they work....

I'm definitely no expert, but I've given a few Wowhead and MMO-Champ guides a look over and it seems fairly straight forward. Keep in mind it's character-specific, so if you really fuck up on one character, you can pick up the slack with the others (I don't know if theres a way to reset your buildings or whatever). From what I understand, you're kind of lead through an introductory process as you level, and that gives you the basic overview of what to expect from garrisons. From there, you can decide how you want to split up your small, medium and large plots. It all comes in stages, so I don't think you'll be flooded with information aside from the introductory part, which should still be light, and spread across 90-100.

The Small plots are profession buildings, basically pick the ones you have, or don't, and they give you the basics of that profession along with dailies to give you rare reagents.

Medium plots get a bit more complicated, but still follow a similar line of, 'what's your play style?' If you like trading, get a Trading Post, if you like PvP, you'll probably want a Gladiator's Sanctum. These mainly confer toys and titles, along with a couple neat perks that might benefit your focus in WoW.

Large plots are more obfuscated in their purpose, they all give neat little perks, and it's pretty much up to you to decide which ones you want. The Mage Tower acts as a 'waypoint' system across Draenor, the Stables give you access to some mounts and other perks, and the Workshop gives you a personal engineer to build stuff for you, like a nuke that you can use once a day.

There are a lot of buildings are some pretty unique perks and specialities, but at the end of the day, if you give them a glance, you can pretty much figure out which ones you'll want to build. As long as you have a focus in your play time, like PvP, raiding, exploration or collection, then you'll be able to pick the buildings accordingly. If you're someone who likes to do everything, you might have a bit of trouble - but you'll have alts for that!

antonz

Wonder if they will have to end up nerfing the Nuke. Get a raid full of them going off on a boss and that's a lot of damage

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best thing right now - queuing for Pandaria normals and hopefully getting a geared 90 in there because it makes leveling skyrocket since they squished the exp. I was at 1 hour til level on Titan then I'm at 4m after finishing ONE SSB.

Dresden

Fury warrior is so much fun. Damn.

It's too busy for me, but arms is so bad (and just as spammy with a few TfB rends up) that I'll probably fury it up if gladstance doesn't work out.

It should though. Can't fucking wait.

Hey Dresden
oo0qX21.png

its ok

itll drop this week for me

i can feel it

Ultratech

This is how we get hunters with intellect gear

Hey, that was viable once upon a time.

Had to pump up that Arcane Shot damage!
(And whatever other BC stat shenanigans were there at the time.)

Wonder if they will have to end up nerfing the Nuke. Get a raid full of them going off on a boss and that's a lot of damage

They'll probably nerf it to only being useable in the outdoor areas most likely.

Boogdud

Hey Dresden
oo0qX21.png

If I see that thing drop one more time I'm going to puke. Just seeing it's name makes me angry. I've probably vendored 12 of those in the last 2 months. Zero glaives or black bows for my rogue/hunter though.. good times.

Isn't that always the case.

Dresden I'm sending all my bulwark mojo your way!

Fjordson

It's too busy for me, but arms is so bad (and just as spammy with a few TfB rends up) that I'll probably fury it up if gladstance doesn't work out.
I'm having a blast, though I see what you're saying. And I'm coming off of three straight expansions playing basically nothing but ranged, so there's probably some of that newness effect that could wear off. But as of now I think I'm leaning towards leveling this warrior first for WoD.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's fucking insane thinking on how long Furor has influenced my mmo career lol.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm hoping they aren't firm on the blood elf model is because they're busy working on super-polishing the ones already released.

But then he kinda said no/didn't understand the question.

Broken? Lol. Those guys are in for a bad time come wod.

Oh yeah that boss. First time I did it, I dispelled all I could but NO ONE INTERRUPTED /cough tank /cough.

But, of course, the OP DK tank soloed the boss after everyone else died. Really? -___-

Eventually once my tank started interrupting, it was a breeze.

Yeah, I ALMOST miss the days when PvE was a little bit more engaging :x.

I go back all the way to vanilla WOW. I remember back in the days when you had to CC, LOS Pull, and interrupt of course in dungeons. My main is a mage, and I can't remember the last time I used sheep. So much for all that grinding to get polymorph turtle back in the day lol.

P.S. Yes, I forgot to interrupt the second boss. In my defense, I forgot what I had key binded it to. 2nd attempt, I figured it out and interrupted.

vilmer_

Didn't he leave Blizzard a while ago?

You might be thinking of Rob Pardo. Alex has been with the company at least 10 years now if memory serves. I can remember the insane backlash all over EQ and WoW boards when he got hired by Blizzard lol.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gorgrond was done, and they completely wiped it and re-did it to make it less Iron Horde themed.

Wonder why the expansion was 6 months late =p

Ultratech

I kinda miss hunters having mana. I don't really like focus.

I never really did like it and it didn't make too much sense to begin with.

Didn't care for Mana when I had to pop a mana pot when OoM and sit in Aspect of the Viper.
I understand it was changed a bit in Wrath where mana management was a lot better, but it felt clunky as hell in BC.
(And of course in Vanilla where you'd just sit there popping off Auto Shots when OoM or FDing mid-fight to drink.)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You can't watch this and say they don't listen to feedback.

People who say they ignore their community are so dumb. They are really dumb, for real.

I kinda miss hunters having mana. I don't really like focus.

Hunters never had mana. They had a blue bar resource that was called mana, but it operated absolutely nothing like any other class' mana. And now instead of using Aspect of the Viper and just sitting there tickling things waiting for your blue resource bar to come back, you steady shot now.

You don't miss mana. You miss your focus bar being blue. Get an addon that changes its color.

Sothpaw

You might be thinking of Rob Pardo. Alex has been with the company at least 10 years now if memory serves. I can remember the insane backlash all over EQ and WoW boards when he got hired by Blizzard lol.

Haha yea, I was pretty pissed because I knew WoW would have hardcore, exclusive to people with shitloads of time raids. Luckily Blizz finally saw the light with raid finder.

You can't watch this and say they don't listen to feedback.
People who say they ignore their community are so dumb. They are really dumb, for real.

Yup. Lot's of ignorance out there.

vocab

Oh they listen to feedback, but that doesn't mean they will do anything about specs playing like shit for a long time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the response times that most people have a problem with, I think.

Whatever game it is, it just feels like Blizzard isn't listening, even if they are.

After finding out enchanting has a valuable cooldown in conjuction with Garrisons, dropped mining on my Warrior (finally) and power-leveled it this afternoon. Wasn't too bad, probably ran me 5-6k. Though I didn't have to buy any Hypnotic Dust since I had quite a bit in stock from farming previously, avoiding an otherwise expensive part of the process.

My Priest still has herbalism which she doesn't need, but I don't plan to level her for awhile, if at all, so I'm not going to bother replacing that. Otherwise I think everything is set up the way I want it to be right now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's the response times that most people have a problem with, I think.

Whatever game it is, it just feels like Blizzard isn't listening, even if they are.

Their "problem" is that they explore every option, and just by virtue of doing that, it makes everything take forever because they don't release things until they're done.

And it's only a "problem" because I can't think of another good word for it. If you listen to this interview, you find they had 2 zones pretty much done in WoD, and then totally scrapped them simply because they wanted to avoid beating you over the head with orcs.

Not break up the zones quest, drop in some different stuff in the middle. Totally start from scratch he says, and the beta files confirm it.

I mean, who else would go through that much trouble for their product? They don't fuck around.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Their "problem" is that they explore every option, and just by virtue of doing that, it makes everything take forever because they don't release things until they're done.

And it's only a "problem" because I can't think of another good word for it. If you listen to this interview, you find they had 2 zones pretty much done in WoD, and then totally scrapped them simply because they wanted to avoid beating you over the head with orcs.

Not break up the zones quest, drop in some different stuff in the middle. Totally start from scratch he says, and the beta files confirm it.

I mean, who else would go through that much trouble for their product? They don't fuck around.
Maybe other companies have the foresight and project management skills to not follow through on obvious mistakes until they have to literally redo months of work.

Sothpaw

Maybe other companies have the foresight and project management skills to not follow through on obvious mistakes until they have to literally redo months of work.

To me it is a little hard to compare WoW development to other games because it is probably the biggest game ever created. I mean Nintendo can put out a flawless Mario game but that just isn't anywhere near the scope of what WoW has become. Just my thoughts, I am curious to see if there are any examples to refute what I am thinking though.

Top Bottom