• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Artanisix

Considering the tank was doing more deeps than the warlock...

Just because a mw was doing pretty well in a log doesn't say much. How will they cope in mythic when their entire design is around overhealing, and the uplift cap hurts them so bad.

So 1 person playing poorly = log irrelevant?

I mean, no offense, but I trust pro guild logs over hearsay.

Peachpies

Considering the tank was doing more deeps than the warlock...

Just because a mw was doing pretty well in a log doesn't say much. How will they cope in mythic when their entire design is around overhealing, and the uplift cap hurts them so bad.
mistweavers are quite good in warlords, they are also not designed around overhealing. Not sure what you mean by uplift cap, every healer has a limit on the number there reqular aoe heal hits.

Ultratech

You expand it while leveling, so it is much less restrictive than the ranch.

On top of that, the Lv3 blueprints for buildings you unlock via achievements are account-wide, so your other characters will have access to those higher-level buildings immediately.

vocab

mistweavers are quite good in warlords, they are also not designed around overhealing. Not sure what you mean by uplift cap, every healer has a limit on the number there reqular aoe heal hits.

Having no control over renewing mist is awful. People will be over healed just like they were in MOP. Your uplift will heal people who don't need it.

That sounds awesome as a healer doesn't it.

When your renewing mist does dog shit healing. When your uplift does nothing.

Yes, uplift has a cap. In a 20 man raid environment you are screwed unless people stack up. And that anit happening. You may say, well other healers have a limit too. They also, don't have to setup all this bullshit to heal either. They have ways to cope. MW has nothing. Chi burst, torpedo, serpent breath all benefit when people stack.

If pool of mists was baseline then maybe id agree, but a bandaid fix like that is sad times.

Chris R

Are we going to get a new OT for WoD? I'd love to see a gaffer rundown the new things/changes. Still somewhat out of the loop since I'm not playing this at the highest level every single day like I've done in the past, mostly just gridning up levels on my non-90s

Fjordson

Are we going to get a new OT for WoD? I'd love to see a gaffer rundown the new things/changes. Still somewhat out of the loop since I'm not playing this at the highest level every single day like I've done in the past, mostly just gridning up levels on my non-90s
I believe Rosti is doing a WoD specific OT for launch? I think.

Also, Wowhead has a nice guide for the new stuff / changes: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243432/guide-to-whats-coming-in-the-warlords-of-draenor-6-0-2-prepatch

StayDead

Please don't wear any of my arena mage mogs. You are not worthy. (just use s1/2 staff)

I earned that through 2s I'll have you know. I'm going to start doing arena in WoD again I think. I've missed PvPing as a mage.

I went to the vendor then realised I had the whole set already *palm in face*

Fjordson

Skeen, any idea what the drop (post initial guarantee) is nowdays? Wonder if it's worth pugging all day tommorow to get those I'm missing.
I feel like I read somewhere that it's been increased from the pre-6.0 days, but I could be wrong. For what it's worth I haven't gotten a single one since 6.0, so still not a huge chance.

Though I've only been going once a week on my characters. Is it true that you have a chance on every kill now? Even after your initial one for the week?

Tamanon

Banned
It's super easy to swap professions in Draenor right? Like my Paladin has Jewelcrafting but thinking of swapping to Blacksmithing. I can just swap and start at 1 and get drop to level in Draenor from what it looks like, right?

On top of that, the Lv3 blueprints for buildings you unlock via achievements are account-wide, so your other characters will have access to those higher-level buildings immediately.

This is a relief to know.

I'm still positive it'll take longer per character to actually exploit a garrison's resources though. Follower management looks finicky.

strafer

my body is ready to stay awake for a week straight

tumblr_n2taenVhxf1rudcwro2_500.gif

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that Wowhead's page about Martin's Broken Staff is currently not representative of the item in-game:

mbspuujo.png

I don't know if those resistances have been added recently, but there it is anyway.

Milennia

Been there, done that. It's just.. nevermind lol.

its pretty funny on the outside looking in for everyone

i enjoy it though
front load a ton of time to clear content fast then take a break for months at a time, only requires about a month of commitment and only a week of heavy grind and thats only for the start of the xpac

feels like nothing with over 40 people in mumble all week

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveling my shadow priest is probably the most fun I've had leveling a class. Reminds me of old affliction but with nukes of doom instead of instashadow bolts.

StayDead

Oh man some classes survivability in PvP now is insane. I was spamming frostbolts at a warrior and his health bar wasn't even moving (he wasn't getting heals, he was on his own)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Oh man some classes survivability in PvP now is insane. I was spamming frostbolts at a warrior and his health bar wasn't even moving (he wasn't getting heals, he was on his own)

more to do with frost dmg being shit

Shahadan

Leveling my shadow priest is probably the most fun I've had leveling a class. Reminds me of old affliction but with nukes of doom instead of instashadow bolts.

I must be missing something because I tried the other day and I thought it was mind crushingly dull ;(

Magnus

nope 21, just manage time well and have a commitment to level 3 characters since its a guild requirement.

That's just plain hilarious. Not your age, but the absurd guild commitment.

No offense intended. That's just. Damn. I 'hardcore' raided from vanilla to wrath and that was more than enough of a commitment. One character. Doing everything required to stay up to date and competitive in PVE.

Milennia

No offense intended. That's just. Damn. I 'hardcore' raided from vanilla to wrath and that was more than enough of a commitment. One character. Doing everything required to stay up to date and competitive in PVE.

lol yeah it used to be just 2, but they want to push harder this tier since everyone is in the same bracket for the first time in a long time

its fun for the time being though

Even in vanilla there were absurd requirements to stay on the bleeding edge, like the upkeep on zandalari/onyxia buffs, resistance gear farming, consumable production and attunements to deal with guild attrition. Even if you only had one character, the work to maintain a 40 man guild progressing in Naxxramas added up to more than a full time job. The grip that had on players was loosened a little bit during TBC, and then mostly shed during Wrath. It has been replaced with the ascendance of alt-raids for top-50 guilds worldwide and it's insane.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Right now means nothing. You might as well be level 19 or 29 and just twinked.

and it's kinda funny you say that, warrior is actually squishier than Rogue at level 90 right now.

vocab

I wish I could do back to back 100's, but I get bored way too easily. It's gonna be a struggle to even get to 100 with one character.

antonz

Never been around for a new expansion, is it safe to say we will have access to a portal pretty much straight away to get us back to Org etc?

You will get a Garrison Hearthstone with your garrison in addition to your normal one. So for sake of ease can set your normal hearthstone to a hub city where you can get easy access to a bunch of portals and have your garrison one to get back to draenor

antonz

90-100 isn't too bad. Did it about 5 times in Beta. Zones tend to be structured pretty well so you don't ever really get lost or sidetracked wondering what to do next. The bonus XP areas are great too

You will get a Garrison Hearthstone with your garrison in addition to your normal one. So for sake of ease can set your normal hearthstone to a hub city where you can get easy access to a bunch of portals and have your garrison one to get back to draenor

Awesome thanks.

Probably just keep my Hearthstone in the Shrine for options.

Don't think I have changed mine from Shrine since hitting 90 2-3 months ago. Seems that wont change with WoD.

Top Bottom