• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ampere

Been reading it the past few days. I know what I want out of them, but damn there seems to be a lot you can do.

My concern is that a lot of it seems to be very 'free to play' app-game styles of like setting things to do tasks and coming back hours later.

It's a lot like the SWTOR crafting professions, you queue up missions and wait for the real time hours to pass to do it again. Was actually something I liked about SWTOR lol

Step 1) Make a mage
Step 2) Buy one of these and name it Leviosa
Step 3) ????
Step 4) Profit

Can't name your mounts... but you can pretend lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If I wanted to fight with a staff rather than shoot magic out of it, would I choose monk? Is that just not a very supported combat option?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nice! This made me check my order but I'm still sitting at "Not yet shipped." Not too worried since I have Prime and they still have me down for release date delivery. I'm pumped though!

Same, The last game I pre-ordered with release date delivery was Destiny, and they didn't ship until the day before release date. Still arrived when it was supposed to.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If I wanted to fight with a staff rather than shoot magic out of it, would I choose monk? Is that just not a very supported combat option?
Even if you equip a staff as a Monk you're still just fighting with your hands most if not all of the time. There aren't really combat oriented stave users in this game.

Fjordson

Monk would be the closest to that, though you're really fighting with your fists as dimb mentioned. Feral druids also use staves, but your'e in cat form DPS'ing as opposed to literally using a staff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay. I wasn't sure with some of the Pandaria art around. Just considering my options.

Guesong

I did some heroics as DPS yesterday and...well, as the game has grown, so have I.

Utterly boring. Partly because every spec feels same-ish now, but also on a personal level, healer resonates more with me now.

So I've settled on a healer for WoD!

But now, the clock is ticking with less than 48h to go...what healer? :O Priest is out since I don't have a one leveled. Paladin healing seems a bit...slow and clunky? Shaman is still the same as usual, very standard, very rhythmic with Tidal Waves matching Riptide's cooldown basically. Mistweaver Monk is cool, though I haven't tried the Spirited Crane healing that I suppose isn't viable anyways. I have a boosted Druid that I never played and apparantly all their specs are in prime shape for WoD - but do I want to be part of that pack?

The struggle is real.

So I've settled on a healer. I did some heroics yesterday and...well, as the game has grown, so have I.

Utterly boring.

But now, the clock is ticking with less than 48h to go...what healer? :O Priest is out since I don't have a one leveled. Paladin healing seems a bit...slow and clunky? Shaman is still the same as usual, very standard, very rhythmic with Tidal Waves matching Riptide's cooldown basically. Mistweaver Monk is cool, though I haven't tried the Spirited Crane healing that I suppose isn't viable anyways. I have a boosted Druid that I never played and apparantly all their specs are in prime shape for WoD - but do I want to be part of that pack?

The struggle is real.

You don't even need a healer in heroics this late...

Don't judge the game based on that.

Karl Hawk

Banned
In my attempt to waste time till WoD releases, I've been exploring regions in the game for a bit to get some cheevos.

Finished up Pandaland and almost finished with Northrend. Only got Outland, Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Cata regions left to fully explore.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really wish Blizz was able to deliver on the promise of spirited crane/fistheals. Before Mists launched I loved the idea but knew it would be tricky to implement, and it is disappointing that they haven't really been up to the task. Splitting it off into it's own stance is probably the right call from a balance/design perspective, but it still occupies a niche that doesn't really exist in the game.

Guesong

You don't even need a healer in heroics this late...

Don't judge the game based on that.

Woops, I had some part written out that I guess I deleted by accident.

I DPSed in heroics yesterday and I find that DPSing is no longer my jam. So I've settled on a healer role this time around.

vocab

Woops, I had some part written out that I guess I deleted by accident.

I DPSed in heroics yesterday and I find that DPSing is no longer my jam. So I've settled on a healer role this time around.
Resto druid. Pally and shaman are just outdated. I wouldn't recommend a MW either simply because I played one during most of siege. The stance dancing is horrible. They still feel shit. Mastery sucks, and they are just fundamentally broken. Resto druid have great talents and are honestly never bad.

6kAxHXO.jpg

*snickers*

Anoregon

I forgot about that as well, guess I'll go the honor route though.

Soloing old raids to exchange tier tokens would be exponentially faster than grinding out the honor, I would think.

EU

Do the heirlooms get removed today at the end of (day before reset) or tomorrow (expansion release).

I've been super lazy and I still need to get the hunter one and maybe another dagger for my rogue.

Anoregon

I think they stop dropping as of expansion release.

Correct. You should technically be able to kill Garrosh at 11:59, one minute before Draenor goes live, and get an heirloom.

Resto druid. Pally and shaman are just outdated. I wouldn't recommend a MW either simply because I played one during most of siege. The stance dancing is horrible. They still feel shit. Mastery sucks, and they are just fundamentally broken. Resto druid have great talents and are honestly never bad.

Are priests in a really bad place? I've heard that from a couple guildies, but it's the only class I have at 90 that I would want to heal on.

Artanisix

Based off of the blizzcon live raid logs... Mistweaver is insanely good, priest is a safe bet, shamans and druids are just fine. Basically whatever healer gameplay you like, go for.

Are priests in a really bad place? I've heard that from a couple guildies, but it's the only class I have at 90 that I would want to heal on.

No, not at all. Holy is very good.

ampere

No. They are fine and go for it if you like Priests! People love to speak in extremes, but for 99% of the playerbase you can play any spec and do just fine

It also means you have 2 specs to chose from on the same toon

RkOwnage

Can't believe we're 2 days away. Where are you guys playing at? I've got a core group of about 12 right now, on Bleeding Hollow Horde, if anyone here is looking for a home, I'll gladly extend an invitation to anyone from neogaf! Let me know!

For now I'm trying to decide if I want to tank on a Warrior or Death Knight for the expansion.

Tough call!

Anoregon

Can't believe we're 2 days away. Where are you guys playing at? I've got a core group of about 12 right now, on Bleeding Hollow Horde, if anyone here is looking for a home, I'll gladly extend an invitation to anyone from neogaf! Let me know!

For now I'm trying to decide if I want to tank on a Warrior or Death Knight for the expansion.

Tough call!

My group is on Bleeding Hollow Horde as well! We have about 6 folks from our old BC/WotlK raid core. We might hook up with another group that my brother was doing Siege with while the rest of us were inactive before WoD got closer.

CassSept

Thrall in Blasted Lands:

"WELCOME TO ORGRIMMAR, HAVE YOU COME TO SERVE THE HORDE?"

Hahaha yes, I resubbed today and completed the pre-WoD chain (which was disappointing, but still better than pre-MoP 'event') and this stood out to me. Poor Thrall needs some sleep.

Edit: Though apparently last week he said "This land is nothing like Azeroth", so well, that's something

Anoregon

Hahaha yes, I resubbed today and completed the pre-WoD chain (which was disappointing, but still better than pre-MoP 'event') and this stood out to me. Poor Thrall needs some sleep.

When 6.0 first launched he was playing his Draenor dialogue, telling you about how this was such a "savage new land". I guess thinking he is in Org is the lesser evil :p

I'm sure this information is buried somewhere here, but I just thought I'd ask. If you don't pre-order the game, can you still get the one free character to 90 upgrade?

vocab

No. Disc is boring though. Holy nova spam. EXCITING GAMEPLAY. Holy is nice, but its always strong in the begnning.

Based off of the blizzcon live raid logs... Mistweaver is insanely good, priest is a safe bet, shamans and druids are just fine. Basically whatever healer gameplay you like, go for.

The logs mean nothing. Those numbers arent final

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure this information is buried somewhere here, but I just thought I'd ask. If you don't pre-order the game, can you still get the one free character to 90 upgrade?
You will get access to boost a character to level 90 even if you don't pre-order the game, it's one of the default features of Warlords of Draenor.

Jag

Some of the vendors allow you to exchange Tier tokens for some of the old Arena gear.

Crap. I had no idea. I just did a whole bunch of BGs for some transmorg on my new lock.

Speaking of the lock. The implementation of the Warlock Green Fire is amazing. I didn't even realize your Deathsteed turns green as well. I really like the lock, but she is very low on my leveling list for WoD so I doubt I'll be seeing her much. Which is unfortunate because I have had fun playing the class lately.

Here is what I'm going to start with initially for professions:

Hunter/Main with Alch/Eng. Going to get him to 100 and start up my Level 3 Garrisons with Eng and Alch buildings.
Druid JC/Miner
Pally BS/Miner
Both miners will be sending ore to my engi.
Rogue skinner/LW
DK herb/Inscrip
Mage Tailor/Enhchant

My Lock, Priest, Warrior and Sham will probably sit until I get these guys up and running.

Anoregon

My lock will probably be my 2nd 100. I have the challenge mode armor, so I can't just let that shit sit idle. It is the best looking armor in the game, after all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My lock will probably be my 2nd 100. I have the challenge mode armor, so I can't just let that shit sit idle. It is the best looking armor in the game, after all.
I'ma let you finish, but the Kor'kron Dark Shaman armor is the best looking armor in the game.

Wunder

Crap. I had no idea. I just did a whole bunch of BGs for some transmorg on my new lock.

Speaking of the lock. The implementation of the Warlock Green Fire is amazing. I didn't even realize your Deathsteed turns green as well. I really like the lock, but she is very low on my leveling list for WoD so I doubt I'll be seeing her much. Which is unfortunate because I have had fun playing the class lately.

Here is what I'm going to start with initially for professions:

Hunter/Main with Alch/Eng. Going to get him to 100 and start up my Level 3 Garrisons with Eng and Alch buildings.
Druid JC/Miner
Pally BS/Miner
Both miners will be sending ore to my engi.
Rogue skinner/LW
DK herb/Inscrip
Mage Tailor/Enhchant

My Lock, Priest, Warrior and Sham will probably sit until I get these guys up and running.

God damn, that's a plan alright.

Back in RAF world, we just hit 65 after starting a level 1 last night. Around 5 hours /played.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Monk is also looking fresh to death, but I hate how Blizzard only gives us access to the Shado-pan hat. Like, why not the hood with the iron plate and the rest of the armor? Maybe they'll add it to the Salvage Yard if you're exalted with the Shado-pan

StayDead

I was scared about the garrisons before thinking they'd be bad. But they look really cool and I can't wait to play around with them on all my characters!

I think garrisons have sold me on the expansion. I spent 2 hours researching what the hell they are yesterday and now I'm thinking about picking it up.

antonz

vocab

lol well, they're a more accurate telling than just blindly saying x or y class is better just because.

Considering the tank was doing more deeps than the warlock...

Just because a mw was doing pretty well in a log doesn't say much. How will they cope in mythic when their entire design is around overhealing, and the uplift cap hurts them so bad.

I was scared about the garrisons before thinking they'd be bad. But they look really cool and I can't wait to play around with them on all my characters!

Looks like a substantially more time-intensive grind than the sunsong ranch, so it's unlikely I'll expand a garrison on more than 2 characters.

Top Bottom