• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Touchdown

Banned
I wouldn't say I have been "entertained" but I certainly have marveled at how many in here have been behaving. I understand that my experience and preference is apparently rare among at least this group of players, but my experience with the game (the description of which everyone has chosen to focus on even though it was just given as illustration) has absolutely nothing to do with the preference, which is the center of the concerns I raised.

It seems like most here only have a perspective of whether or not they can deal with the things a game presents them with, and if they can, that is all that matters. That's not how I look at or evaluate games at all. If I think something would be more enjoyable designed another way, I am honest about that. If I have played other games, even many others, that did particular things in a way I preferred, I can't help but think of them when I'm playing something I don't enjoy as much when it does those things very differently.

Apparently that is taboo here or something, as instead of being willing to even acknowledge let alone discuss these aspects of game design (which I rationally explained several times in an effort to bring things around to real discussion of the differences of opinion we had that some apparently felt very strongly about), instead the majority here decided to antagonize, misrepresent, mock, and condescend either in direct and fairly hostile responses or passive-aggressively from the sidelines. It has left me with a pretty disgusting impression of the community here.

A couple here and there seemed to be sensible, so maybe when new things come up to discuss, there will be some nice discussion in here with people who are comfortable navigating differences of taste and comparing to other games and don't need to tear others down just because they have viewed or experienced things differently from them and others in the little niche they've made for themselves. If not, you probably won't have to be concerned about me raising further complaints about anything in the game around here. I'll keep my blasphemy away from your precious god game.

4e3de46a19.gif

Don't assume things of others you don't know because you don't like their responses.

If your major complaint is that there is stuff in your way when you're trying to go from point a to point b in the game, then just walk/run/ride around it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't assume things of others you don't know because you don't like their responses.
If that is what they did, and it is, then it is true of them or at least has been according to their mood the past couple days. If they had different temperaments for that time, a willfulness to engage in meaningful and civil discussion about design preferences rather than what they think of people with differing opinions, they wouldn't have acted that way.

If your major complaint is that there is stuff in your way when you're trying to go from point a to point b in the game, then just walk/run/ride around it.
See, this is exactly what I mean about this mentality where overcoming something makes it unimportant to you and presuming it on everyone else. You're acting like just because you can walk around, that is the solution to the issue. It's not if the fact that you have to do so in itself is the annoyance that the person is criticizing.

I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this or the fact that a person could have different preferences for world design when considering the different games they have played. It's like you're completely blind to/incapable of/unwilling to acknowledge comparative evaluation as a thing and/or hold a discussion in regard to it.

Touchdown

Banned
If that is what they did, and it is, then it is true of them or at least has been according to their mood the past couple days. If they had different temperaments for that time, a willfulness to engage in meaningful and civil discussion about design preferences rather than what they think of people with differing opinions, they wouldn't have acted that way.

See, this is exactly what I mean about this mentality where overcoming something makes it unimportant to you and presuming it on everyone else. You're acting like just because you can walk around, that is the solution to the issue. It's not if the fact that you have to do so in itself is the annoyance that the person is criticizing.

I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this or the fact that a person could have different preferences for world design when considering the different games they have played. It's like you're completely blind to/incapable of/unwilling to acknowledge comparative evaluation as a thing and/or hold a discussion in regard to it.

nah, I know you're trolling but you can keep your college essay bullshit for somebody else.

You're going to whine and cry about jumping over rocks? walking around trees? Seriously?

Here's something you can ponder and pontificate over: Move your lazy ass fingers on the directional buttons and space bar on your keyboard and jump over that rock, walk around that tree, walk through that bush. You can do it. I know you can. Put your big gamer pants on and try. If you want to slide across the stage with your mouse go play http://agar.io/

0fcbcf766d.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
See you're only proving and solidifying my view here. I don't know why I even tried after all the stubborn dedication to antagonizing and me and ignoring any points raised. You don't want to read or think or discuss, you just want to smugly discount the opinions of others and personally belittle them because they don't share the majority opinion. It's nothing to be proud of so I don't know why you carry such a celebratory tone. And backslashbunny over here chiming in with pure superiority complex without even committing to any direct engagement may be even worse. What a disgusting community.

Touchdown

Banned
See you're only proving and solidifying my view here. I don't know why I even tried after all the stubborn dedication to antagonizing and me and ignoring any points raised. You don't want to read or think or discuss, you just want to smugly discount the opinions of others and personally belittle them because they don't share the majority opinion. It's nothing to be proud of so I don't know why you carry such a celebratory tone. And backslashbunny over here chiming in with pure superiority complex without even committing to any direct engagement may be even worse. What a disgusting community.

I hope closing this tab in your browser isn't as difficult as it was for you to jump and move in WoW. If you can't take the heat, then get out of Blackrock. Bye

a8ea1cee64.gif

Guys, our little community here is tiny as it is, let's not drive away others who may have differing opinions.

My 70 year old mum plays WoW (well, casually anyway) so it can't be that hard to play and get around the zones.

That said, I think the PopGaf reaction gif's are probably more damaging to this thread than any disagreement anyone may have.

Purdy

Can someone sum up dice's issues with the game, there's a lot to read, it seemed to start with questing is somehow difficult though which seems strange lol

Touchdown

Banned
My 70 year old mum plays WoW (well, casually anyway) so it can't be that hard to play and get around the zones.

That said, I think the PopGaf reaction gif's are probably more damaging to this thread than any disagreement anyone may have.

sorry all, but he/she called the community "disgusting" twice so I was this close to posting more than just a gif here or there. I'm good now. :) I'll keep the gifs to my popgaf community if you wish :)

sorry all, but he/she called the community "disgusting" twice so I was this close to posting more than just a gif here or there. I'm good now. :) I'll keep the gifs to my popgaf community if you wish :)

Nah, it's all good. I was being a bit tongue in cheek anyway. Post what you want.

I just never thought I'd see Khadgar and Whoopi Goldberg referenced in consecutive posts...

Shahadan

Isn't there a addon somewhere telling me which Pets (or achievements while we're at it) I can find when I enter a damn zone? Or just while I'm in it?

Everything I can find just presents me with a general list of pets and where to find them. I have the pet journal for that already.

I just want something allowing me to check what I can do/get in a single zone.

Kuntz

Isn't there a addon somewhere telling me which Pets (or achievements while we're at it) I can find when I enter a damn zone? Or just while I'm in it?

Everything I can find just presents me with a general list of pets and where to find them. I have the pet journal for that already.

There's an addon (Pet Tracker) that adds the pet location on your minimap, on the quest menu right of your screen and even filters by the quality you have/want to get, but you can also filter your pet list by stating the location in the search bar too, without any addon. Like you write "peninsula" and only the pets you can get in hellfire are shown.

Shahadan

There's an addon (Pet Tracker) that adds the pet location on your minimap, on the quest menu right of your screen and even filters by the quality you have/want to get, but you can also filter your pet list by stating the location in the search bar too, without any addon. Like you write "peninsula" and only the pets you can get in hellfire are shown.

I wanted to try that but comments on Curse about huge memory usage spikes and various bugs on top of the lack of updates since march made me reconsider.
Also I guess pet location is only for wild pets right? I have all of those.

I'll give it a try though, thanks!

Edit: It was actually very close to what I wanted. Should have tried before asking :p
Thanks again

ampere

Another suggestion:

http://simplearmory.com/

It has a remarkably clean sorting system for pets and achievements so you can see which zone or subject matter has the pets you want. Just plug in your character and realm and check it out.

ampere

Yeah Simple Armory is great. Only problem I have with it is it can make me get a bit... overly completionistic if I look at it a lot. Not a problem with the website though lol.

So did they already nerf gold missions because I haven't gotten shit but a 60 dollar gold mission in the last 3 days.

Sounds like RNG, but I don't know for sure

EmiPrime

Can anyone recommend some good CM gold videos? I think I used some of gaf's own TheYanger's videos in MOP to get golds on two characters so that sort of commentary would be great.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Today when I was raiding in Blackrock Foundry I noticed that the console variable componenttexturelevel (which controls, as far as I can tell, mipmapping/texture resolution for player models) allows for much higher values inside a raid instance than in the open world. You can get it working outside a raid as well, but then it becomes static (fixed at the value it had when you left the raid instance) and can only be changed to "normal" values. Here is how it looks:

At highest value 31 (above 31 it resets back to "normal")

wow_comptexxssqt.png

At value 6

wow_comptex2t1sia.png

From outside a raid instance (this is in the garrison inn)

wow_comptex3s8sh4.png

Note that most shoulder items and most newer belt items are not handled as component features (textures) and thus are unaffected by changing the values of the console variable.

Why it is like this I don't know, one would think that it should work the same in any instance/world and not just in raids.

I haven't had the chance to test if this still works in patch 6.2, but I doubt any changes have been made. There you have it anyway.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Caved and grabbed WoD because of the sale. Haven't decided whether to boost my lvl 62 Shaman or save it for a fresh character.

lazygecko

Must be karma from getting geared in just 2 runs on my previous char, because I've run more normals than I can count and I'm still not geared for heroics yet. Very rarely get loot, and when I do it's always for the same bloody slots I already have covered. The LFD groups are getting more and more insufferable as well. I don't have any gold to just buy gear with because the account is new. Now I'm just running around in the apexis daily areas, looking for rare mobs that have the gear types I need. They don't even seem to have a 100% drop chance like the regular rares though.

Robin64

To be honest, you might as well wait and just take those guys into Tanaan next week. You'll have Baleful gear dropping all over the place, and that's ilvl 650 with an option to upgrade it to 695 using Apexis Crystals.

lazygecko

What I'm doing here is trying to reach the prerequisites for heroics, so I can run them for the coins needed to upgrade a couple of heirloom pieces to wear together with my RAF buddy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OMG just killed garrosh

last night before patch

ommmmmmmmg

Wait, you killed Grom? Wasn't he supposed to be the "final boss" of this expansion?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:( staaaaaaaaaaaahp

Robin64

On the topic of Legendary catch up..

garrAltKetchup.png

That's nice. Plus there are naval missions that can give a fair amount of the items, too.

Top Bottom