• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Ketch

So uhh, I just bought warlords of draenor because it was on sale, but I guess it doesn't come with a free month of play time? that really sucks balls.

edit: and also, I guess you can't use your battle.net balance to pay for a subscription? doubly balls suckage

So I was doing the raid lockout trick, went to do it today and even though it says I have 10/12 with dream walker and arthas alive, when I invite my alt and they walk in, it says 11/12 of defeated. WTF is going on. I haven't done anything different. Any ideas?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I was doing the raid lockout trick, went to do it today and even though it says I have 10/12 with dream walker and arthas alive, when I invite my alt and they walk in, it says 11/12 of defeated. WTF is going on. I haven't done anything different. Any ideas?

i think they made it so you can skip dream walker and go to arthas, whereas before you needed to kill all of them? i'm not 100% sure, but that's the only thing i can think of.

i think they made it so you can skip dream walker and go to arthas, whereas before you needed to kill all of them? i'm not 100% sure, but that's the only thing i can think of.

Yeah, they did. But in the main who has the lock out, Arthas is alive. When I zone in another character to farm the kill, it says arthas is already dead and I don't know why. I was doing this for a few weeks and now this happened. Has this happened to you or anyone else?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yeah, they did. But in the main who has the lock out, Arthas is alive. When I zone in another character to farm the kill, it says arthas is already dead and I don't know why. I was doing this for a few weeks and now this happened. Has this happened to you or anyone else?

was he actually dead, though?

i wouldnt put too much faith in what it tells you unless you can confirm things are dead

Y'ALL MAD JELLY NOW

wowscrnshot_062015_09j6jkf.jpg

Is there somewhere you can check the rarity of mounts?

This is pretty decent, I think http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/statsglobal-mounts-0-0.html

lazygecko

Is there any way to edit the strata of nameplates? It kinda bothers me how it's in front of just about everything. Including floating combat text.

Milennia

They raid 3 times over with mixes of alts/mains to feed as much gear as possible to mains to have the best prepared team they can for pushing Mythics. It's a lot of work, but it's what top guilds have to do to compete
ashot_jugg.gif

Yep, we have been clearing mythic foundry on multiple groups for some time now in preparation.

We could literally take 2 full alt groups (0 mains) into mythic hellfire if we wanted to.

Killing mythic blackhand on multiple characters each week speeds up exhaustion and burn out on an instance pretty quickly, 6.2 cannot come soon enough.

Any time out of foundry is freedom.

ampere

YKilling mythic blackhand on multiple characters each week speeds up exhaustion and burn out on an instance pretty quickly, 6.2 cannot come soon enough.

Any time out of foundry is freedom.

Can't believe they made him only drop 1 mount per kill. Ugh. Do not want to kill him another 19 or so times

Hopefully Archimonde drops 2

Man, the PVE/questing experience in Warlords of Draenor is, in my limited experience, by far the best in the game. As a new player I made a point to try and go for the loremaster and exploration achievments but only made it as far as clearing Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms (with an Alli and Horde). I kinda gave up halfway through Outland and barely played Northrend before boosting my warrior up to 90 to finally start to play through Draenor in earnest. So timely, I know.

The world bosses (I haven't teamed up with anyone in PVE since the Hillsbrad Foothills until WoD), the elite enemies, the items you can farm off of both, the random treasure chests, the events you can stumble across, the world quests, the powerful enemies that are levels beyond the area you're in, the various secrets you can find. All of this makes the world fun and worthwhile to explore, which isn't something I could really say for any of the older content I played though. Some of the earlier quest chains were awesome. Forsaken is pretty badass up until the Eastern Plaugelands, Blood Elves have an awesome starting area as well and I really like the build up from Durotar, the Northern Barrens, Ashenvale and then the Stone Talon Mountains. But outside of the quest chains there isn't much reason to explore the world beyond there being achievements tied to doing so or mats to farm. Well achievements, mats and that Plants Vs Zombies mini-game.

I spent the day clearing Frostfire Ridge and haven't enjoyed a questing zone this much since the Stone Talon Mountains. Gorgorond is starting super strong because goblins and explosions. I'd keep playing if it wasn't 3 in the morning but my brain feels like it's melting.

Tacitus_

The day I think I've gotten enough cashflow to buy a token at 40k, I go and check the AH to find them at 50k.

Goddammit EU. Maybe this is just a weekend hike.

TheContact

Kinda off on some things, but according to it, the rarest mount I have is...a Brewfest Ram (not the armored one, the one you could only get the 1st year they had it).

After that, it's the Armored Skyscreamer, which was a favorite of mine.

Made doing so much Throne of Thunder worth it.

Isn't the rarest mount the arachnid thing from the original ahn qiraj? I remember back when the gate opened in vanilla only one person had the mount and it was the one person that was able to open the actual gates. I'm talking about the mount that u can ride outside of the instance not the ones that drop inside you can use there

Robin64

Isn't the rarest mount the arachnid thing from the original ahn qiraj? I remember back when the gate opened in vanilla only one person had the mount and it was the one person that was able to open the actual gates. I'm talking about the mount that u can ride outside of the instance not the ones that drop inside you can use there

Hmm, it's definitely a contender in my mind.

Though I wonder if the original un-armored level 60 mounts are rarer. They weren't in the game for long, and I don't know how many people got to 60 and got enough money for one before they were replaced. And even when they were replaced, some people may have taken the option to trade their old mount for the new ones, not realising how rare they will one day be.

JSoup

Banned

You mean this:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21176/black-qiraji-resonating-crystal

Anyone who rung the gong within 10 hours of the first person to ring it got one. I would think there would still be a number of people with it, as 10 hours is a pretty wide window to just click one button, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tacitus_

You mean this:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21176/black-qiraji-resonating-crystal

Anyone who rung the gong within 10 hours of the first person to ring it got one. I would think there would still be a number of people with it, as 10 hours is a pretty wide window to just click one button, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Clicking the button was the easy part. You had to do a bunch of raiding stuff just to get the scepter. Only a handful of people got it per server, outside of some major raiding hubs.

Ultratech

Clicking the button was the easy part. You had to do a bunch of raiding stuff just to get the scepter. Only a handful of people got it per server, outside of some major raiding hubs.

Yup. I read back on what you had to do to for all the requirements back in the day.
It was a pretty long questline (about 30ish quests) and you had to have a raiding group for a number of parts.

Of course, a group of people were able to get at it back in Wrath for a bit, since the gates were still closed.

It IS a very rare mount though.

The rarest mount is apparently a Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider since only one person has it and it's the only one that exists in the game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

This is true. You needed the scepter to get the mount within 10 hours. I was the GM of the top guild on my server at the time, and none of the other guilds bothered with the really long quest chain because they knew we would beat them to it. I would assume most servers were like this, or did not have many guilds capable of doing the quest. It involved killing world bosses, doing a BWL speed run and a large amount of collection tasks.

So there only ended up being 1 mount on our server. I know the guy who had it xferred a long time ago when the guild broke up, so there probably are not any on that server any more.

Robin64

It's Midsummer Fire Festival again and 2015 has a whole bunch of new things.

Burning Defender's Medallion is a toy that lets you take on the guise on a fiery defender. Costs 500 Burning Blossom.
Cozy Bonfire is a toy that just lets you put down an alternate looking campfire. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.
Blazing Cindercrawler is a pet, looks like the spiders from the Molten Front. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.

Ahune is now a level 100 boss and drops ilvl 670 versions of his cloaks, as well as an ilvl 670 version of the Frostscythe.

You can also get Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing and Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing for 350 Blossoms and 600 Blossoms respectively, which let you upgrade heirloom armor to level 90 and level 100.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since the pathfinder is a meta does that mean you just need to do get the factions to revered if you want to get it on your alts prior to the account-wide patch?

JSoup

Banned
Since the pathfinder is a meta does that mean you just need to do get the factions to revered if you want to get it on your alts prior to the account-wide patch?

Yep.
They said it would take something like three weeks worth of dailies to do that.

Man I wish there was a handynotes extension for this fire thing.
Edit: Ah, there is, just wasn't showing up in the Curse client search.

Isn't there a addon somewhere telling me which Pets (or achievements while we're at it) I can find when I enter a damn zone? Or just while I'm in it?

Everything I can find just presents me with a general list of pets and where to find them. I have the pet journal for that already.

I just want something allowing me to check what I can do/get in a single zone.

I use this macro (delete line breaks):
Code:
/run x={};p = C_PetJournal;print(GetZoneText());for i=1,p.GetNumPets(false) 
do id,_,_,_,_,_,_,n,_,_,_,d=p.GetPetInfoByIndex(i);
if string.find(d, GetZoneText()) and not x[n] then 
if id then print(p.GetBattlePetLink(id));
else print(n);x[n]=1;end end end

It tells me what pets I'm missing and what quality the ones I already have are in the current zone.

It's Midsummer Fire Festival again and 2015 has a whole bunch of new things.

Burning Defender's Medallion is a toy that lets you take on the guise on a fiery defender. Costs 500 Burning Blossom.
Cozy Bonfire is a toy that just lets you put down an alternate looking campfire. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.
Blazing Cindercrawler is a pet, looks like the spiders from the Molten Front. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.

Ahune is now a level 100 boss and drops ilvl 635 versions of his cloaks, as well as an ilvl 635 version of the Frostscythe.

You can also get Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing and Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing for 350 Blossoms and 600 Blossoms respectively, which let you upgrade heirloom armor to level 90 and level 100.

Ugh, that's a shitload of blossoms.

lazygecko

How do I get started with pet battles? It's something I never really bothered with much before. When you get a level 3 garrison you also get an item that level boosts one pet to 25, but are there any other mechanics in place for leveling pets faster?

I know that some pets dropped from old raids can sell for quite a bit from the AH, but that's only if you level them beforehand and I just don't have the patience for doing that the regular way.

Top Bottom