• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

JORMBO

Darkness no more
How do I get started with pet battles? It's something I never really bothered with much before. When you get a level 3 garrison you also get an item that level boosts one pet to 25, but are there any other mechanics in place for leveling pets faster?

I know that some pets dropped from old raids can sell for quite a bit from the AH, but that's only if you level them beforehand and I just don't have the patience for doing that the regular way.

I sell the raid pets all the time at level 1. You can get more for a level 25, but it's not that much more.

Yea wtf. At least gonna get the toys, might try to buy the pet

I wouldn't be so bummed at the astronomical prices of stuff they add to the holiday events if the holiday events weren't so damn boring. Bonfires? Fuck that. Ahune? People dpsing him with his shield up. The dailies aren't too bad but you ain't getting 500 blossoms from that.

Glad they're fixing the stupid bounciness of the new femnelf and femorc runs. The new ones really bugged me, which sucked considering they're 2 of my favorite race/sex combos.

Does t-morph still work btw?

Robin64

I wouldn't be so bummed at the astronomical prices of stuff they add to the holiday events if the holiday events weren't so damn boring. Bonfires? Fuck that. Ahune? People dpsing him with his shield up. The dailies aren't too bad but you ain't getting 500 blossoms from that.

Makes me cry. Especially when I say "we need to kill the mobs to expose his core" and get silence while they just carry on.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am still not feeling terribly compelled to resub for tomorrow. Not sure if any of the additions/changes will do much to fix my overall meh feeling on WoD at this point.

Which is a shame, because i want to want to play it, if that makes sense.

Tarazet

The moment when I think I'm completely done with Firelands dailies, and then another quest pops up: 125 Marks of the World Tree. Then another one. Then another one. Words don't describe it.

It's Midsummer Fire Festival again and 2015 has a whole bunch of new things.

Burning Defender's Medallion is a toy that lets you take on the guise on a fiery defender. Costs 500 Burning Blossom.
Cozy Bonfire is a toy that just lets you put down an alternate looking campfire. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.
Blazing Cindercrawler is a pet, looks like the spiders from the Molten Front. Costs 350 Burning Blossom.

Ahune is now a level 100 boss and drops ilvl 635 versions of his cloaks, as well as an ilvl 635 version of the Frostscythe.

You can also get Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing and Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing for 350 Blossoms and 600 Blossoms respectively, which let you upgrade heirloom armor to level 90 and level 100.

I have to be level 100 to get that Scythe don't I? I want that on my lock bad, but he's only level 92.

Anyone here been able to solo Yogg on a melee character without a pet? I was going to give it a try this week, so if anyone has any tips that would be dope.

Daniel R

I have to be level 100 to get that Scythe don't I? I want that on my lock bad, but he's only level 92.

Anyone here been able to solo Yogg on a melee character without a pet? I was going to give it a try this week, so if anyone has any tips that would be dope.

I know my girlfriend has soloed Yogg for the mount on all classes except a rogue so it should be doable. What mechanics cause you a problem, the tentacles that grab you?

lazygecko

It's pretty straightforward. Pet or no pet. Just turn around when the madness thing happens, go into a portal and kill the thingies there. I've only had issues as enhancement shaman because their awkward mechanics don't lend themselves well to soloing situations like that. If you get grabbed by a tentacle without anything external damaging it, you're fucked. So you always need to be placing magma totems pre-emptively.

StMeph

I am still not feeling terribly compelled to resub for tomorrow. Not sure if any of the additions/changes will do much to fix my overall meh feeling on WoD at this point.

Which is a shame, because i want to want to play it, if that makes sense.

I don't even want to play it and I'm still subbed because it only costs gold, and for that gold I net more gold per month, so I think of it as building up my bankroll for any new vanity items or the next expansion for free, with a minimal time investment.

Plus see the legendary ring to the end on at least one character. If it's anything like MoP where the everyone-gets-one legendary was removed at the end of the expansion, you won't be able to complete it later, unlike the others from before (excepting Atiesh).

The moment when I think I'm completely done with Firelands dailies, and then another quest pops up: 125 Marks of the World Tree. Then another one. Then another one. Words don't describe it.

Are you not checking a guide for the legendary questline? It should be pretty clear what step of the chain you're on, and how many more collectathons (from the same bosses, even) are left.

It's not a very elegant system.

lazygecko

yeah, I end up getting grabbed by a tentacle and can't do shit with my warrior.

I didn't even know there were other classes which had the same issues shamans do. For some reason when my paladin gets grabbed I can just attack the tentacle with judgement and be done with it. I don't know why that works when other ranged spells don't.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Used my 90 boost on a fresh Warlock last night. They are damn fun to play, and Blizz really impressed me with Draenor. Going through the portal and looking back was amazing. The Daenor version of the portal is MASSIVE compared to the vanilla and BC versions.

Too bad about the nerfs coming tomorrow. Hopefully they make Demonology into something great afterwards.

lazygecko

Used my 90 boost on a fresh Warlock last night. They are damn fun to play, and Blizz really impressed me with Draenor. Going through the portal and looking back was amazing. The Daenor version of the portal is MASSIVE compared to the vanilla and BC versions.

Too bad about the nerfs coming tomorrow. Hopefully they make Demonology into something great afterwards.

It's fun the first time, but sooner or later you'll dread the thought of having to do those intro quests over again. I'm sick of it at this point, and I know I'm going to have to endure it several more times with my new account. The least they could do it make it skippable for alts, or at least when the next expansion rolls out.

It's all the artificial gating of progress that annoys the hell out of me, when you have to wait for all the scripted scenes to finish over and over, which really drags out the process when you've already seen what happens and would rather just rush through it as quickly as possible. It's what ultimately makes me appreciate those often maligned vanilla/BC style quests more because I feel like I have much more agency as a player, and can dictate my own pace.

It's what keeps me from rolling new goblins or worgen as well. The pandaren starting zone I haven't even bothered to finish.

StMeph

It's what keeps me from rolling new goblins or worgen as well. The pandaren starting zone I haven't even bothered to finish.

Same. I'll roll ONE of each, but never again. Worgen in particular felt the longest.

The worst is that you have no choice but to finish the entire starting area. Can't leave, can't teleport, can't do anything else.

Robin64

At least with the Draenor intro quest in Tanaan you can skip it by having a warlock friend summon you to the landing area in Frostfire/Shadowmoon.

Robin64

You can also go the long way if you don't have a warlock on hand. Use Timeless Isle to teleport to Gorgrond, make your way round to the docks in the north, talk to the flight master, get taken back to "your garrison" (which of course isn't there yet).

lazygecko

Setting shadows to the lowest setting really helps with the torch catching quest since the primitive shadow blob is much easier to track.

TradeSkillMaster 3 Beta is mine
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Still unsure if I want to raid this patch. Leaning towards yes, but
LCnCRPK.gif

I wish I could take the time to set up TSM and start raking in the cash. I'm too lazy though. I tried once and got overwhelmed.

To be honest I haven't really been making much use of it lately - just been riding the gold flow from garrison missions. Can't be assed to do much in the way of professions this expansion when there's so much effort involved comparatively (keeping shit stocked up for over a dozen daily CDs/work orders) and for what? Sitting on 1.2mil gold. Not super interested in increasing my wealth further - it just sort of piles up at this point.

80% of this game is just collecting shit now.

I'm ~60 pets away from Venus. Midsummer is just collecting blossoms, for more pets/mounts.

Whhyyyyyyyy.

I'm staying away from the pet/toy collection grind forever. Garrisons broke me, I just can't play the 'gotta catch 'em all' game anymore in a subscription MMO.

StMeph

My last day of freedom before the progress grinder :/

Guess I'll just chill on ptr all day.

Is this like those cases where Chinese gold farmers spend all day on WoW for their job, and then in their free time will also go back to internet cafes and play WoW?

yeah, I end up getting grabbed by a tentacle and can't do shit with my warrior.

If memory serves me correctly you need an instant cast AOE with no directional requirements, so I'm pretty sure thunderclap/dragon roar work for warriors when they grab you.

My warrior was actually the character who finally had Mimiron's Head drop for him after throwing every high level alt I had at that encounter for like a year, but it's been a while since then.

Edit: Maybe whirlwind?

Robin64

The only requirements for Mimiron's Head dropping is 0 keepers, right? I don't have to do every boss in there on their hard mode?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Glad Blizz is focusing on the important things of balance like which warrior spec is going to be OP this week and how the underpowered one is still going to be 10 times better than all the Shaman and Monks.
edit: nevermind. I hadn't watched the video or kept up on the set bonuses. Blizzard does very weird things in their attempts to make the game fun.

Tarazet

Are you not checking a guide for the legendary questline? It should be pretty clear what step of the chain you're on, and how many more collectathons (from the same bosses, even) are left.

It's not a very elegant system.

Ha, I didn't even know the Firelands dailies were part of a Legendary quest. I just want the firebird.

Top Bottom