• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

EmiPrime

I'm staying away from the pet/toy collection grind forever. Garrisons broke me, I just can't play the 'gotta catch 'em all' game anymore in a subscription MMO.

MOP was what did it for me. They added too much crap to collect and too many achievements. Before that expansion it was just about possible to cope now I don't care and just stick to farming gold and legendaries.

WOTLK hit the sweet spot of things to do and collect.

Willing to bet that having 3 low 90s alts that just sit in their garrisons accumulating resources for eventually maybe one day getting leveled is going to screw me on getting gold missions on my 2 100s that actually have followers capable of doing said missions, cause that seems like a Blizz thing to do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got real good at leveling Blood Elfs in their zone, with or without heirlooms/friend boost. It's now garbage compared to Cata starting zones, but back then it was waaay better than the Vanilla races nonsense.

Daniel R

Are we sure our alts are going to be able to fly in Draenor from lvl 90 and not 100?

The blue post that I can't find and link to since I am at work certainly phrases it the way that we are going to be flying at 90+.

This is huge for leveling your alts.

The XP going from 90->100 is about 8 million give or take.
There are at least 200+ treasures to pick up that give between 20 and 33 k XP, I do think this is with full heirlooms.

At 26,5 k XP on average for 200 treasures, they alone give 5,3 million XP, enough to bring you close to lvl 97.

Picking up garrison followers is also going to be easier, if they are not bound to quest lines.
I am thinking specifically of followers like Image of Archmage Varggoth, Abu'gar and Goldmane the skinner. You can just fly around and collect the items needed for these followers. I think getting the followers also awards you XP.

Choosing the woodcutting machine in Gorgrond will also net you a lot of XP, maybe 500k? plus a lot of garrison resources.

To top it all off you can easily fly to all bonus objectives for quick and easy XP.

The only quest line I would feel to be mandatory would be the Spires of Arak chain for the salvage yard. Even that is not so mandatory anymore now that you can just buy 645 ilvl follower items for 500 G each.

Getting to all those garrison resources in Nagrand that required gliders is going to be really easy. I haven't even bothered with most of them on my main.

Farming Lumber if you have a lumber mill will also be stupidly easy.

I've got about 15 alts between 85 and 88 so this obviously has me excited to try it out.

I'm officially queued up to raid in this patch, dear god what have I gotten myself into
disapprove.gif

Some old faces it looks like, but plenty of new ones too.

Lots of research to catch up on.

Robin64

Couple of extra things in the patch notes.

• In the wake of the string of defeats suffered by the Iron Horde, all enemies in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties are Demoralized, reducing their health and damage by 20%.
  • Big Crates of Salvage are no longer guaranteed from successfully completing level 100 Follower Missions.
  • Reduced the frequency of high-value gold missions appearing across multiple characters.
  • As Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry are no longer the latest tier of raid content, Mythic garrison missions for each zone no longer award bonus gold.
  • Blingtron’s Secret Vault has moved to a new, even more secret location. But, his stash of riches has grown considerably because of the decreased number of raids on his vault.

iirate

Shit, 11th hour nerfs on the alt thing. Been working 11 100's for a couple weeks now though. Blah

It was mentioned in the dev interview a couple of weekends ago, but since that info was literally nowhere else, I assumed that I misheard and that it was coming some time after 6.2.

lazygecko

It's perplexing how they made dungeon leveling so slow in the WotLK range. Once you do a dungeon for the first time and complete all the quests, it all feels normal and consistent. Doing the same dungeon again suddenly feels like a complete waste of time however.

Since the midsummer holiday is active I was considering just flying around Azeroth and do the bonfire quests with my RAF partner instead. They yield about 32k experience with the exp bonus active. For some perspective, the bonus for clearing a repeated WotLK dungeon gives about 10k exp.

mclem

You mean this:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21176/black-qiraji-resonating-crystal

Anyone who rung the gong within 10 hours of the first person to ring it got one. I would think there would still be a number of people with it, as 10 hours is a pretty wide window to just click one button, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

While I was nowhere near skilled enough to be relevant at the time, I rather enjoyed playing through the entire questline much later on. Did have to cut it a bit fine, though; only just got enough Elementium the week before it was being removed!

I hope they explain how the alt gold mission nerf works. I'd love to not feel the need to do anything on my alts

More than likely they just took a absurd approach to it in lieu of the DR that they were talking about. Betting it isn't going to matter if you have 1 character or 10, gold missions just aren't going to show up nearly as often.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everything ends and nothing is resolved at the same time. Hilarious. WoW's story always manages to find a new low point.

Robin64

So I saw what happened, but without the dialogue being in English it really doesn't make sense haha

Archimonde: "Gul'dan, you signed a pact with me!"
Gul'dan: "NO!" *boom*
Durotan: "Finally, it's all over."
Hellscream: "Gul'dan was defeated. Now, the horde is free again!"
(Khadgar looks at Gul'dan's staff)
Yrel: "You think it is not over yet?"
Khadgar: "Gul'dan and his demon masters are not so easily defeated. I'm afraid this is only the beginning."
Yrel: "We will help you whenever you need us."
Khadgar: "So long, till we meet again, look after yourself." *flies*
Yrel: "A wise one used to tell me, the light will let us live forever. The future is ours. We will stand together and rebuild Draenor."

lazygecko

Looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall the whole client to make it update. I'm still on the EU client which has patch maintenance scheduled for wednesdays, and it isn't updating for me in spite of logging in on the US region.

Robin64

You sure you didn't have it background downloaded?

Nah, it's really picky these days with the Launcher. I've had to do the same thing, no amount of tweaks get it to pick up a patch from a region you didn't install from now. Used to be able to edit files and be okay.

Luckily installing is really quick these days.

More items will drop on average for a raid using 6.2 Personal Loot than would drop for that raid using any form of Group Loot

I need a branding iron so I can push this into the skin of all the people in charge of my PUG raid's loot rules.

ampere

Also, latest simcraft results:

http://i.imgur.com/KEyF7WR.png[IMG]

They kinda wanted me to play warlock and destro is the only one I know how to play, so maybe...[/QUOTE]

Just doing my standard "this is not relevant to anyone" post :p

Probably none of you will have full Mythic T18 when it matters. Also sims aren't perfect, etc

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to be level 100 to get that Scythe don't I? I want that on my lock bad, but he's only level 92.

Anyone here been able to solo Yogg on a melee character without a pet? I was going to give it a try this week, so if anyone has any tips that would be dope.

Soloing Yogg-0 on 25 is really easy. Not sure I'm understanding what would even be hard about it at this point. I do it on my rogue all the time.

lazygecko

I'm holding off on recruiting another follower from the inn now because I can't use Master Plan to compare their abilities with the ones I already have or don't have.

StMeph

UH DK for years. Guess I have to go DW now.

At least the stat priority is nearly identical. Mastery > Multistrike instead of Multistrike > Mastery, so my existing gear translates well.

lazygecko

Is there any addon that replaces the social button on the chat frame? Looking for something that lets me move it around. Even better if I could integrate it into TitanPanel.

Top Bottom