• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

arimanius

Boosted a shadow priest and just got him to 100 a couple of days ago. Think I should of should done a mage instead lol. Oh well.

edit* my shroud of winter chill is still 635. Was hoping it would get boosted to 670. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Master Plan being broken highlights one important thing most have forgotten.

How the FUCK has Blizzard not standardized that addon. The animation completion things in default ui alone feel like watching your life fade away.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Also, latest simcraft results:

KEyF7WR.png

They kinda wanted me to play warlock and destro is the only one I know how to play, so maybe...

Aww yeah! Boosted a Destro Warlock on Sunday.

So for some reason I just noticed I have two of my Shadowmourne goodies back (Music Box + Muradin's favor). Guess I can sell them...?

Edit, NVM they're the old soulbound ones.

When people post these patch day things on reddit or here, I don't understand. I've literally never had an issue with a launch of an Expac, patch drop, etc. And I've been playing since Vanilla.

/shrug

For those of you missing Master Plan, Garrison Mission Minder is a pretty good replacement. It has the same short cut for clicking a button to load groups. Also, you can press space bar to fly through animations and crate opening.

Master Plan being broken highlights one important thing most have forgotten.

How the FUCK has Blizzard not standardized that addon. The animation completion things in default ui alone feel like watching your life fade away.

You can (this might be new, since I always had Master Plan before I didn't notice) spam spacebar to skip the animations.

Hey guys, never posted in the Warcraft OT's i don't think!

How is Warlords of Draeneor?

Back when i played on the EU Silvermoon server with a hardcore guild called Starlight which was some old Inner Sanctum/Silence members of which was battling for EU world firsts and in some cases world firsts.

At the time when i stopped playing around Cata i loved my Draenei DK (DW frost or Unholy for AoE DPS) obviously this may have changed by now but the chart at the top looks like nothng has changed :p

Anyway, is the game worthwhile jumping back into? What have i missed lore wise? Are Draenei finally getting the love they deserve?

Is anyone on GAF on Silvermoon or willing to give a home to an old vet who would, more than likely end up catching the bug again and want to raid hardcore again? >.<

How is Warlords of Draeneor?
ehhhh

Launch was fun because getting to 100 and hunting neat little treasures was new and fresh.

Raids are high quality, but having to do them for as long as we have emptied everyone's enthusiasm.

Garrisons are fun to build the first time but then become monotonous, pointless chores that trap you in one spot and ensure you never leave.

Anyway, is the game worthwhile jumping back into? What have i missed lore wise? Are Draenei finally getting the love they deserve?

The ride is fun for a few months. I can't recommend staying subbed past that. If you have a lot of gold on your character I strongly recommend buying tokens for those months and reup only after you've seen the content and would be happy continue doing it.

ZenaxPure

Are Draenei finally getting the love they deserve?

Hah. No one is getting the love they deserve in WoD, pretty easily the absolute worst expansion in terms of story/world/characters etc.

But as for the expansion itself the short answer is that if all you are interested in is raiding then you will probably be fine, the raids have been fine so far. But every single other thing in the expansion has been pretty terrible, from story to non-raid content. And yeah that's just my opinion, but guess what, blizzard agrees considering the latest Q&A was just them apologizing about how bad they messed up on a lot of crap.

Patch just came out today but it's a bit to early to judge it really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so anyone heard about this bug with sha of pride that if you get lucky enough for it to drop, it'll drop for everyone in your group?

Robin64

I felt that way on PTR. For the final zone they want us to have fun in, making it this dense jungle where getting around is a pain was not my favourite idea they've had.

Can I howling blast people to death in pvp now that DW is good?

That's one of the of only things that would make me come back.

Dem sweet S9 memories.

Edit: the final raid cutscene thing was garbage.

Tacitus_

So, the 2nd blockade mission requires the shark tank to counter mine layers. The shark tank schematic drops from a 30M hp whale shark that patrols in the zone boundry and will only appear from the Tanaan side of the boundry (which is like 5 meters from the shore)

Blizz pls.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
A few things irritate me about this patch.

Master Plan doesn't work making garrison missions an absolute chore.
Need that gold for wow tokens.

Using the Mage Tower constructs no longer launches you in the air, you just run fast between portals. Dumb.
Work orders dismount you. Why?
The Piccolo of the Flaming Fire no longer causes others to dance.

Hopefully they're all bugged and not intended.

Apparently they've added walls to the Warsong Gulch graveyard as well. Don't think it'll change much but I'd need to get in and see how it plays out for myself.

StMeph

I didn't play on PTR, so all of 6.2 was new to me. There wasn't much I liked about it.

The new naval yard sucks because you have to make your way out of your garrison to get there, for what's basically a SECOND garrison in a glorified reset like ilevels between expansions. Everyone's followers are too geared and supported, so forcibly starting over from scratch is the only way to drip-feed/gate the new stuff.

Tanaan feels like they tried to recreate Timeless Isle only by being told or reading what it was like without actually being there themselves. There are still tons of treasures and things to discover, but it's just not interesting. I don't know how much of it is just general fatigue of the setting -- more orcs, more fel green/drab browns -- but it hasn't been the same.

New stuff aside, I was able to transition to DW Frost with one upgraded Baleful and one stage 5/6 crafted weapon. 695/690 should be passable until Heroic weapons.

Robin64

Using the Mage Tower constructs no longer launches you in the air, you just run fast between portals.

This is actually a bit of a bug. The constructs are supposed to give an option of 3 things that happen when you touch a portal, with you being able to set it while riding them. The interface doesn't appear, however.

There's a command you can use while on the construct to set it to the one you want, but I forget what the three options are and the command to do so, sorry. I'm at work so can't really look it up.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This is actually a bit of a bug. The constructs are supposed to give an option of 3 things that happen when you touch a portal, with you being able to set it while riding them. The interface doesn't appear, however.

There's a command you can use while on the construct to set it to the one you want, but I forget what the three options are and the command to do so, sorry. I'm at work so can't really look it up.

Thanks! I looked into it and found some commands. Didn't even know you could change the functionality.

Shahadan

So some naval missions have two days wait time before completion? Yuck. I'l sure there are even longer ones.

2 days for 100 gold, I'm so happy.

lazygecko

Going through that tiny space inbetween the Horde garrison and the shipyard seems really prone to disconnecting you, from what I assume are phasing issues because you're not phased inbetween those. Makes me wonder why they didn't just keep that whole area in the same phase.

All this just feels like blizzard's typical m.o. People complain that they should do this one thing, blizzard goes over board. They did it with dailies which then lead to garrisons. Now people bitched about garrisons, the amount of gold they were getting (why?!) and lack of content so they gave us ship battles that last 2 days for a shit return and an area that's takes the best part of timeless isle and spreads them so far apart it isn't even fun. It looks cool though.

I'm not sure what I think of all of this now. I used to really look forward to every patch but it's not hard to feel like Blizzard really has just lost control of everything, and that extends to the feeling I have about the game in general. Like the feeling that no matter what, they can't unfuck how bad they fucked this up. Based on that I really wonder if I should just hang it up until the next expansion. This one has been worst than cataclysm and that's saying something. It's just facebook games, the expansion.

StMeph

Going through that tiny space inbetween the Horde garrison and the shipyard seems really prone to disconnecting you, from what I assume are phasing issues because you're not phased inbetween those. Makes me wonder why they didn't just keep that whole area in the same phase.

Would cost a raid tier.

The raid content is so good, its a shame everything else seems so half baked

See what it's already claimed?

Edit:
Like the feeling that no matter what, they can't unfuck how bad they fucked this up.

Based on that I really wonder if I should just hang it up until the next expansion.

New expansions ARE the hard reset/unfuck button.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Haven't seen any that take 2 days yet, might be only the legendary missions.

Nope, the 2 day mission I have grants 5k experience. :|
The shortest I have is 4 hours.

And the best part is, you have to do 15 missions to advance your legendary questline.

Jag

How's Tanaan compare to Timeless Isle? The Garrison grind killed the game for me after I got all my toons to 100, but would consider coming back if Tanaan had some of the fun of early TI.

Top Bottom