• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Did a timewalking dungeon. Group just pulled tons of stuff and AOE'd everything down. Very boring. I was hoping it might be a little hard like original TBC heroics.

Tacitus_

Did a timewalking dungeon. Group just pulled tons of stuff and AOE'd everything down. Very boring. I was hoping it might be a little hard like original TBC heroics.

We did that in a shattered halls pug. It was absolutely ridiculous compared to the originals. The whole thing was done in 10 minutes.

Me and a friend pulled out old gear, old legendaries, etc. Went into the timewalking dungeon pretty excited; marked the first pull and used some CC, realized instantly it wasn't needed. After that the group just pulled a room at a time and AoE'd. Ignored any/all boss mechanic if there was one.

Timewalking is a huge letdown (not to mention the rewards are pure crap). They should make them a bit harder have them drop 675 with a chance at 685 warforged. Mythic dungeons on the other hand are really fun, if not slightly overtuned but the rewards are spot on so w/e.

phierce

Yup. I did 10 of them last night (5 each on 2 toons), but I won't be doing 'em next time. That free seal doesnt even make it worth the boredom.

Yup. I did 10 of them last night (5 each on 2 toons), but I won't be doing 'em next time. That free seal doesnt even make it worth the boredom.

Nod, we did 2 and I just cannot bring myself to do the rest. If the seal wasn't tied to it I'm willing to bet that hardly anyone would be doing them in the first place.

If you have trouble on iskar then tyrant will be the real mid instance roadblock for you, iskar is actually really easy with addons and mechanically compared to some of the later bosses.

Yeah I've got the addon and will make sure the rest of the raid gets it or has a good setup for it otherwise.

Not familiar with the other bosses past Iskar, since he's as far as we got testing on Tuesday and Wednesday on normal with whoever was able to show up (unofficial raid days). Will have to do some research this afternoon.

Milennia

Yeah I've got the addon and will make sure the rest of the raid gets it or has a good setup for it otherwise.

Not familiar with the other bosses past Iskar, since he's as far as we got testing on Tuesday and Wednesday on normal with whoever was able to show up (unofficial raid days). Will have to do some research this afternoon.

I say tyrant mostly because the boss has a dps/healing check.

ZenaxPure

Timewalking is a huge letdown (not to mention the rewards are pure crap). They should make them a bit harder have them drop 675 with a chance at 685 warforged. Mythic dungeons on the other hand are really fun, if not slightly overtuned but the rewards are spot on so w/e.

The thing that really confuses me about mythic dungeons is that warforged items become ilvl 705. Seems really random but I think it's cool.

As for timewalking tbc it's pretty much what I expected, those dungeons are as terrible now as they were back then except now we have the proper tools to deal with crap like aoe threat. There is no way to make those things actually challenging without adding new mechanics to trash and the bosses which they obviously were not going to do.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Timewalking is reminding me just how ugly BC gear was. Ugh, the color clashes.

Robin64

clown%20suit.jpg

I have no idea what you mean.

lazygecko

The gear format for TBC dungeons was way, way better than how it was in WotLK and forward where the gear is exactly the same as the random BoEs and quest rewards. Lots of color variations of old sets. I'm going to guess that TBC heroics are soloed the most by a far margin among transmog hunters.

There's still a bunch of set variations in the game that aren't obtainable by players. You can see some on the garrison followers, like a white/light blue variant of the mage dungeon set from TBC.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Have any of you run into the bug? where Kanrethad won't summon a pit lord? It's driving me nuts and the fight is impossible without it.

Ostinatto

I dont play the game since January, i have 673 of ilevel, feral druid.

Can someone give me a little update on the new things and content pls?

also, how much space i have to make to install the game again?

thanks.

JSoup

Banned
Anyone else have Helix Gearbreaker attacking NPCs in Warspear?
There apparently was an old glitch that let being lead him out of Deadmines and into Stormwind and it's back, but this time for Ashran.
Edit: No, Stormwind too. Fun times.

7/13H this week.
song_siren.gif

On 6 hours. Struggled on Gorefiend more than we should have. Could've gotten pulls on Sorcethar if not for that.

Iskar is actually pretty fun when you've got it down. Addon is mandatory though.

Tarazet

So I'll admit I failed silver proving grounds as destro twice. Just hard with Rain of Fire tickling and no longer generating embers. And limited interrupt.

My various alts have experienced this situation no less than 4 times this xpac:

Join a new guild.

Guildy says "Hey want to do heroics?"

Group of 5 forms.

Tank queues us, realizes oh shit, he hasn't done Proving Grounds yet.

We proceed to sit and wait while he fails over and over.

Group disbands.

/gquit when no one is around.

StayDead

We did that in a shattered halls pug. It was absolutely ridiculous compared to the originals. The whole thing was done in 10 minutes.

I haven't played WoD in a while since my sub ran out and I can't afford it, but shattered halls in 10 minutes? Damn that's way too fast.

Next you'll be telling me you did Shadow Labs and Sethekk Halls without wiping on the bosses a good few times.

Robin64

I haven't played WoD in a while since my sub ran out and I can't afford it, but shattered halls in 10 minutes? Damn that's way too fast.

Next you'll be telling me you did Shadow Labs and Sethekk Halls without wiping on the bosses a good few times.

Impossible. (For some reason Blizz didn't add those, and many others, to the Timewalking rotation.)

Robin64

Ah. I must admit I didn't een know what timewalking was haha.

Nobody does.

You queue up and get put in old dungeons, but only from a small selection, and then you round up all the mobs and AoE them to death. Then you do this for four more dungeons and get a roll token for HFC. Yay?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Spent around 6 1/2 hours in Ashran today. 2 1/2 in queue then 4 hours playing. By the 2nd hour inside I was ready to pack it in but those queue times are killer. No way was I waiting again anytime soon.

I ended up getting all but 1 honor piece in the new season 2 gear (wanted different stats on one) and had close to 40 pieces of random gear from the chests and last season gear to sell.

I dread what it's going to be like when the actual season starts. They need to try getting that queue down to 1 hour tops at least.

Nokterian

clown%20suit.jpg

I have no idea what you mean.

gear_comic_ndm.jpg

Also did some time walking..while it is fun for a moment it still sucks overall. Also getting this gear at level 100? Wtf i never want my character to be found in that ever again. Timewalking is maybe cool for people who never had the chance to play these dungeons..but for me as a veteran? I am not going back i have seen it too many times by now.

lazygecko

I seem to be having problems with Sinestra in Heroic Bastion of Twilight. I can't get the eggs to become vulnerable to damage. Pretty weird since I managed to do this without hitches before... Isn't the damage shield supposed to come down when Calen says she is weakening? Yet nothing seems to change with the eggs when he does.

I hope this isn't some bug with 6.2

Turned off the sub tonight. I just can't do more busy work. I thought grinding to get flight would make me want to go level my alts, but after a few days of the TJ grind I just can't do it. It still feels hella passive aggressive and the reward for the time put in just isn't worth it.

I know so many people have been very hyperbolic about this expansion and it really makes me wonder if blizz is tone deaf to feedback now. The game just isn't fun for me, and I'd love to tell someone why. When I cancelled it gave me 255 characters and 255 characters isn't enough to get into the "why"s around this expansion just being terrible. From all the stuff I've read on the net I'm not alone in thinking this, but people aren't trying to be constructive with their criticism when they express it. Instead they're acting like blizzard killed their dog or something and I wonder if they're even listening.

I seem to be having problems with Sinestra in Heroic Bastion of Twilight. I can't get the eggs to become vulnerable to damage. Pretty weird since I managed to do this without hitches before... Isn't the damage shield supposed to come down when Calen says she is weakening? Yet nothing seems to change with the eggs when he does.

I hope this isn't some bug with 6.2

About 50% of my Sinestra pulls glitch with invulnerable eggs. Just gotta reset and start again.

Turned off the sub tonight. I just can't do more busy work. I thought grinding to get flight would make me want to go level my alts, but after a few days of the TJ grind I just can't do it. It still feels hella passive aggressive and the reward for the time put in just isn't worth it.

I know so many people have been very hyperbolic about this expansion and it really makes me wonder if blizz is tone deaf to feedback now. The game just isn't fun for me, and I'd love to tell someone why. When I cancelled it gave me 255 characters and 255 characters isn't enough to get into the "why"s around this expansion just being terrible. From all the stuff I've read on the net I'm not alone in thinking this, but people aren't trying to be constructive with their criticism when they express it. Instead they're acting like blizzard killed their dog or something and I wonder if they're even listening.

I'm quitting at the end of August when my new job starts. Have no interest in raiding anymore, really haven't since MoP to be honest. All I do these days is run the TJ dailies in less than 30 mins with a friend and queue for pvp while browsing shit online. It's honestly kinda of embarrassing when I think about it. If I couldn't pay for my sub with gold I wouldn't be playing.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blizzard just convenienced the game to death. Nothing is hard, or a time sink. Or the things that are time sinks like professions shouldn't be time sinks, or they are in the wrong way. Instead of spending time gathering mats or gold to buy the mats, you just wait for a cooldown.

Which is the same shit f2p games so to get you to fork over money to make it go faster.

Catching up with the garrison or legendary it's just waiting. Queuing instead of forming a group and running to the dungeon is just waiting. And menus menus menus. They even bragged about adding another menu this patch.

ampere

Turned off the sub tonight. I just can't do more busy work. I thought grinding to get flight would make me want to go level my alts, but after a few days of the TJ grind I just can't do it. It still feels hella passive aggressive and the reward for the time put in just isn't worth it

I feel ya. I'd probably have quit if my guild wasn't relying on me to tank. This patch feels so incredibly grindy it really sucks. I actually found myself staying up an hour late last night waiting for my dumb shipyard missions to finish so I could start the cache one in time for raid. Ugh.

Tacitus_

I got a 3 day mission yesterday. Now, I think the long missions are good in principle... But they shouldn't appear before you have a lvl 3 yard or something.
Blizz wanted to get rid of the compulsion to log on to do missions but people want to progress when they get a new thing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got a 3 day mission yesterday. Now, I think the long missions are good in principle... But they shouldn't appear before you have a lvl 3 yard or something.
Blizz wanted to get rid of the compulsion to log on to do missions but people want to progress when they get a new thing.

I use the mage tower instant complete thing for the longer missions.

Son of a bitch, it didn't even occur to me that those would work on naval missions.

Those things are a saving grace. Ive blasted through lvl 1 and am over halfway through level 2 shipyard. 2 day missions are fkn stupid though. Im also really pissed at how Blizz dicked JCs. We don't learn our new gems, we have to go to god damn TJ and slap an add on on a robot for the robot to make them. Thanks dicks!

The only thing keeping me going right now is my eternal quest for 250 mounts. I got super butt raped again, 20 kills on raid bosses this week, nothing. Id love to be able to cut out at least one of the 4 raids.

Jag

Or the things that are time sinks like professions shouldn't be time sinks, or they are in the wrong way. Instead of spending time gathering mats or gold to buy the mats, you just wait for a cooldown.

These time sinks are the sole reason I quit the game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Son of a bitch, it didn't even occur to me that those would work on naval missions.

Yep. And since you can only have 5 at a time the extra ones get delivered to my mailbox until I loot them from there when I have room (or the 30 day mail period expires). I was able to get a ton of missions done early on due to having a huge build up of them.

Robin64

Heh, yeah, been using them on naval missions too. Part of why I built the Spirit Lodge close to the patch launch. The stream of Apexis don't hurt either.

lazygecko

Turns out you can finally fly in Eversong/Silvermoon... ...using Aviana's Feather.

There's surprisingly little use of invisible walls to prevent this.

Tacitus_

Focus Raven, then Fel Construct (or whatever), then the Talonpriest. Healer and tank need to be juggling at this time.

We focus the construct first, then raven. But people just completely lose their minds, stand in the fire, fergot to dispel the bombs, forget to throw the eye to the tanks, forget to move out for shakram...

Mechanics? What are those? I'm healing/DPSing my ass off... why are we all dead?

Robin64

Haha yeah. I play on an RP server, so Silvermoon is always busy. Fun to take a mage and Slow Fall on to Silvermoon's top part, then sit high above players or even with the band.

Top Bottom