• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

This is the new alt farm that will be nerfed. A rolling account-wide debuff will be added that deducts 2 Felblight from each successive Kazzak kill until patch 6.3 when no one gives a shit about it anymore.
Nah that is way to complex they will just nerfed the drop rate across the board.

Has there been any feedback yet when it's okay to replace the BM T17 four piece? Just got the helm tonight on normal and figured probably when I get two pieces but not before then...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ah I thought you needed exalted for Tanaan Diplomat. I was confused how someone would be exalted with that rep already =p

I'm so not in a rush to do that anymore. Not like I ever was but even now...I was done with Tanaan on the first day... Besides the raid and the garrison campaign I couldn't give a shit less about that busted ass zone.

Robin64

"Players who are hated by the Steamwheedle Cartel factions are no longer attacked by Goblin Sailors in the Shipyard."

Worst hotfix.

"Interacting with the Hero's Call Board or the Warchief's Command Board once again brings up the command board interface rather than the Adventure Guide."

Best hotfix.

StayDead

I feel I've made a terrible mistake again. I joined MoP incredibly late without experiencing it to start with and while I was level 100 fairly quickly I kind of stopped playing before I got a large chance to do much of the content.

I get the feeling I'm going to suffer the same problem I did with MoP and join in again too late and miss everything that's worthwhile doing.

JSoup

Banned
Figured I may as well work on Ashran rep since it's pug now.
*joins group*
*10 alliance vs. a rapidly leaving and rejoining group of 4 horde*
*alliance is wrecking our faces, two horde are wandering around asking what they should be doing*
Perhaps I've made a grave mistake.

Soaring Skyterror is a shitty version of the shop mount
rage.gif

Didn't even notice I had it cause it's added automatically to the mount journal after getting pathfinder.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait, you only need revered with those factions? Thought it was exalted, looks like I was wrong!

I'm about 4k off from being revered with the Order of the Awakened and then I'm done that part of it.

I managed to get lucky with 2 Fel Legion token things that give rep to ALL Draenor factions.

I've bought ~15 Medallions of the Legion, but saving them for the DMF buff next week. I just want to be done with Tanaan -_-

I had two from my own missions, bought two cause I was impatient. If I didn't care about getting the mount I would probably just buy enough to hit exalted and save them for DMF, yeah, but since I need to grind that apexis anyway... Only advantages past revered are the boat contract the infinite augment rune. But spending 100k+ just to get the rune a few days faster is irrelevant when I could spend a fraction of that on the consumable runes for all the mythic/big heroic pulls between now and exalted (which at 5340/21000 revered will only be ~2 weeks)

ampere

I had two from my own missions, bought two cause I was impatient. If I didn't care about getting the mount I would probably just buy enough to hit exalted and save them for DMF, yeah, but since I need to grind that apexis anyway... Only advantages past revered are the boat contract the infinite augment rune. But spending 100k+ just to get the rune a few days faster is irrelevant when I could spend a fraction of that on the consumable runes for all the mythic/big heroic pulls between now and exalted (which at 5340/21000 revered will only be ~2 weeks)

I started buying them out of frustration for only getting 1 after killing the Hellbane rares 40 some times. Probably not the best use of gold, but meh lol. My realm actually gets dried of Augment Runes on the AH sometime though, which is frustrating. So the perma rune will solve that. The perma rune is Blizzard admitting the runes are something people want to use every pull, though they argued that wasn't the case earlier.

This expac kinda sucks in a lot of ways. Good raid bosses, bad other stuff.

JSoup

Banned
What, how are you Revered with all the 6.2 factions already?

How are you not?
The dailies give you tons of rep and there are four elites that drop rep tokens.
One of the reps you can grind out in about an hour, provided you have a decent tank.

lazygecko

Figured I may as well work on Ashran rep since it's pug now.
*joins group*
*10 alliance vs. a rapidly leaving and rejoining group of 4 horde*
*alliance is wrecking our faces, two horde are wandering around asking what they should be doing*
Perhaps I've made a grave mistake.

The state of PvP right now is more laughable than it has ever been in the history of the game. It's what I spent most of my time with in the game previously but now I've been driven to the point of ignoring it.

FuuRe

Ashran is lame but it's almost kind of a rite of passage if you want pvp gear, in my server Allies focus on the missions while the Horde chases rares to turn in frags.

I'm almost full Wild Combatant atm.

I quit wow right after WotLK but i came back about 2 months, the pvp sure has changed, the ilvl thing is weird and the scaling is kinda unfair since pve-ers can totally do pvp with their gear but not the other way.

IMO the pvp and pve gear should max out at 650 should you try to do instances or raids with gear not intended for that game type, kinda like the war games gear but not that extreme.

They dumbed down pvp enough for everyone to jump into it and i'm ok with that, but the rewards for dedicating time and effort into it are way less attractive than in pve.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The intention, as Trill quoted above, is that winning three Rated BG's awards a Strongbox with a guaranteed item in it. That system is currently not working, and so the Strongboxes aren't being awarded.

Their shitty RBG/Ashran RNG game isn't even working.

When will it end? This expansion is just a comedy of errors.

EmiPrime

Pro tip for the shipyard that might help someone: get a mage tower then solo the mines instance for ogre tokens. You get about 30 per clear and you can use those to get mission complete orders.

Robin64

That sounds like a longer/harder way to get ogre stones? I farm the area in Frostfire for an hour and have about 200.

ZenaxPure

Pro tip for the shipyard that might help someone: get a mage tower then solo the mines instance for ogre tokens. You get about 30 per clear and you can use those to get mission complete orders.

You can get ~100 waystones in 10 minutes just farming the ogre town to the east of the Frostfire portal, assuming other people aren't there anyway.

Robin64

You can get ~100 waystones in 10 minutes just farming the ogre town to the east of the Frostfire portal, assuming other people aren't there anyway.

I've never been alone, sadly. Still okay with just one or two others in the area, but any more and the instance might be a nice idea.

Spectre

So it appears that mission completion orders have been hotfixed to NOT work on the shipyard.

RIP FUN.

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
rage.gif
Yep, just used a token to no effect and my heart immediately sank. Typical Blizzard 'nerf it to the ground' fashion. For me, the shipyard has gone from tolerable to just plain unbearable now. This patch annoys me more and more every day. Considering I don't raid any more, I give myself a week tops before I unsub again. Shame.

ZenaxPure

So it appears that mission completion orders have been hotfixed to NOT work on the shipyard.

Feels like the start of the expansion all over again when they tried to nerf the garrison mine/garden. Damage is already done on my end, I'm just a few missions away from my level 3 ship yard and nearly done with the legendary ship missions.

Spectre

Well, an overall net gain for the shipyard then, even if I did lose two tokens for nothing. That would have been a hellish hour for the CMs, they were getting yelled at from all angles. Wish it was communicated a bit better and/or in advance.

Daniel R

Damn it. I didn't read the above properly so my info is redundant.

Mission completion orders should still work for shipyard missions, just not ones that were in progress while the hotfix was applied. You can contact Blizzard to reaquire lost orders. It was in a blue post.

ampere

I got my Draenic Sea Chart

Fuck da poliiiiiice

Just have to do a few more treasure missions and then the raid caches every few weeks now.

Shahadan

I don't undertsand how they can spend months on ptr and not realize that 100 gold as a naval mission treasure reward is dumb or that you get way, way too much oil in tanaan for what you use.

Also I'd like naval treasure missions to pop more often because it has been two days since I've seen one and yes I complete all the other useless xp missions.

I'm stuck at 10/25 treasure and it's annoying the hell out of me since I've completed everything since the shipyard was introduced.

I don't undertsand how they can spend months on ptr and not realize that 100 gold as a naval mission treasure reward is dumb or that you get way, way too much oil in tanaan for what you use.

Also I'd like naval treasure missions to pop more often because it has been two days since I've seen one and yes I complete all the other useless xp missions.

I'm stuck at 10/25 treasure and it's annoying the hell out of me since I've completed everything since the shipyard was introduced.

They 'never' expected people to do the zone every day though! Then you have the fact that the missions took so long you never used the oil in the first place. Oh, did we forget that people don't like the idea of doing a mission unless they were 100%?

So who just decommission's their ships until they get a favorable crew and/or an epic ship? I know I'm not the only one.

Semper88

So WoW GAF,

I've recently bought a new gaming rig and I'm itching to try WoW again.

I left somewhere in the burning crusade while progressing on Sunwell.

Is it worth picking up the game again? casual wise i mean since i raid mostly on FFXIV atm but its starting to bore me a bit. I miss the way WoW had PvP done.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So WoW GAF,

I've recently bought a new gaming rig and I'm itching to try WoW again.

I left somewhere in the burning crusade while progressing on Sunwell.

Is it worth picking up the game again? casual wise i mean since i raid mostly on FFXIV atm but its starting to bore me a bit. I miss the way WoW had PvP done.

The game is at what most people would call the lowest point it's ever been in.

Raiding is fine. A lot of PvP'ers are frustrated with how it's been handled. The open world environment is boring. Their big new system, Garrisons, are basically a facebook game. Instead of you actually doing something cool, you send your followers out to do it then check back a few hours later.

Semper88

The game is at what most people would call the lowest point it's ever been in.

Raiding is fine. A lot of PvP'ers are frustrated with how it's been handled. The open world environment is boring. Their big new system, Garrisons, are basically a facebook game. Instead of you actually doing something cool, you send your followers out to do it then check back a few hours later.

hmm, hard... I guess i could just get that free trial and venture in.

How is leveling now? since its lvl 100 where the fun starts I'm guessing?

are low level dungeons still used, i know the good old wailing cavern days etc.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
hmm, hard... I guess i could just get that free trial and venture in.

How is leveling now? since its lvl 100 where the fun starts I'm guessing?

are low level dungeons still used, i know the good old wailing cavern days etc.

The game has changed so much since those days. It might even shock you how much tbh.

Rather than tell you, try out a trial and get a taste of what it is first hand.

It's still a lot of fun to play imo.

Top Bottom