• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

People wouldn't have believed you a few years ago if you told them you'd have to play a Facebook game within WoW to get a Legendary item.

People wouldn't have believed you a few years ago if you told them you'd have to play a Facebook game within WoW to get a Legendary item.

People would have joked about it during TBC, since that's when Legendaries changed from 'long ass quest, multiple raid instances involved, crafting and drop collecting required' to 'lol the boss just drops them.'

But then it actually happened in WoD. It would take a while to get the legendary ring that way, but it's there.

Jag

Even with patch 6.2 launched, i don't even feel the urge to play like past major patches. I think I'd rather play a 2nd full playthrough of Witcher 3 than this(and I haven't found Ciri yet, even though I've been playing for a month), which would take me another +100 hours of my time.

What happened to WoW? Or maybe my mind finally had enough after nearly 10 years of playing it...

I'm in the same boat. Probably a combination of both. I'll play expansions through the story again and level my alts to max, but I'm not going to run Blizz's hamster wheel anymore.

ampere

My current feeling is I just do CMs next expac and unsub until the next one. I love raiding, but I think the grindy feeling in the game is just wearing me out.

I wanna finish out this expac though.

phierce

Quests not showing up until after you complete the map daily in Tanaan has got to be the most blatant show of disrespect for player time, especially ones that could so obviously be completed more efficiently together.

"Fuck you, you're gonna spend more time here grinding and you're going to fucking like it! Or you could just not get these reps for flying you know, it's all optional" *shit eating grin*
Yup! This is probably my only real complaint for 6.2. I mean, sure, some of the other stuff sucks ass or could have been done better, but what you mentioned is just complete fucking garbage. Bugs the absolute shit out of me...

ZenaxPure

Ironpelt Garb. By him I meant my rogue. He is like 683 ilvl right now so doesn't really need stuff from LFR but man I really dig that set a lot. LFR and the new honor gear share models (much like last tier) but the red/black version of that set is only from LFR. Can't really post a real screen of it because it's not available yet but the moment I previewed it from the dungeon journal I knew I had to have it.

It is really shocking how 6.2 was supposed to be this 'huge' patch with a massive zone that is just empty. Log in finish the dailies in 30-45mins, send ships on missions, done. This is the content that is supposed to last until the end of the year?

Tacitus_

Got Kilrogg and Gorefiend down today. Nice progress (for us, people keep standing in shit) and few bugs.
The one I noticed is that if you die in Gorefiends belly, you cannot be combat ressed. Generally you shouldn't die there, but we tunnel vision a lot.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It is really shocking how 6.2 was supposed to be this 'huge' patch with a massive zone that is just empty. Log in finish the dailies in 30-45mins, send ships on missions, done. This is the content that is supposed to last until the end of the year?

i guess there would have to be a 6.3 sometime early next year since the expansion would potentially come out late in the year.

or maybe the expansion comes out at the end of the year.

if 6.3 is still to come i wonder if Farahlon will make it in. Where else are we gonna fight Grom? If he is even still the end boss

JSoup

Banned
I recall reading, but can't recall when or where, that Netherstorm was mentioned in an off-hand fashion as something that will still come to be in this timeline and may still end up in Draenor's airspace.

So maybe that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I recall reading, but can't recall when or where, that Netherstorm was mentioned in an off-hand fashion as something that will still come to be in this timeline and may still end up in Draenor's airspace.

So maybe that.

The Naaru ship/Tempest Keep is hanging out somewhere and they havent addressed it, so its going to be weird if they somehow integrate his storyline with that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

So maybe that.
Not only is Farahlon not implemented, but there are no good leads left to serve as a catalyst to what created Netherstorm without Ner'zhul and Gul'dan.

Grom cannot be the last boss. He has nothing left to fight with. Blizzard has already shifted away from the concept that he will be the end boss.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I stopped farming ICC and Ulduar for the mounts on all my alts i wonder how much time I would be spending on WoW weekly

lazygecko

In my efforts to de-clutter the center of my screen I decided to just turn off floating combat text completely. Maybe I'll use Mik's Scrolling Battle Text or something, but I'd have to configure it a lot and set a minimum threshold on numbers or something. It's evident to me now just how much the combat has changed from vanilla from being slow yet methodical to very fast-paced with constant ability spam and procs, and more focus on avoidable telegraphed abilities. And a lot of the design in place just was not made to really fit the latter.
The combat text just becomes an incomprehensible barrage of numbers that you just tune out other than knowing that you're dealing and taking damage. You don't really need to know how much damage each weapon swing does any more. The combat animations are also just a spastic mess that you stop paying attention to.
And on top of that you have the sound effects where a lot of them are still the 2004 originals that weren't really designed for the sheer frequency in which they occur today (for example the glyphed consecration for paladins that moves with you and keeps recasting itself), with how often they overlap and just turn into a cacophony. I think I'm going to start an extensive project to redesign a lot of the sounds to better accomodate the pace of the game today.

Also just makes me nostalgic for the general pace of the combat we had during vanilla and TBC. I think the game ought to move back towards that, just without as much of the passivity.

It's simple but uses bold colors. A really appealing design, which a nice change of pace from the 'only heroic/mythic gets primary/secondary colors at full saturation' ethos that seemed to guide previous tiers of pauper raider rags.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was looking through the Hellfire atlasloot tables to see if at least there were some cool weapons.

Nobody will ever run this raid for transmog in the future. Holy shit, everything is boring or hideous.

Enosh

In my efforts to de-clutter the center of my screen I decided to just turn off floating combat text completely. Maybe I'll use Mik's Scrolling Battle Text or something, but I'd have to configure it a lot and set a minimum threshold on numbers or something. It's evident to me now just how much the combat has changed from vanilla from being slow yet methodical to very fast-paced with constant ability spam and procs, and more focus on avoidable telegraphed abilities. And a lot of the design in place just was not made to really fit the latter.
The combat text just becomes an incomprehensible barrage of numbers that you just tune out other than knowing that you're dealing and taking damage. You don't really need to know how much damage each weapon swing does any more. The combat animations are also just a spastic mess that you stop paying attention to.
I tried to turn off milks scrolling text once but i missed way too much info, I know it scrolls fast but if I look for a certain thing I can find it
the main this I was missing was a number of how many hits, so i know how many targets I'm hitting and reposition if out of let's say 5 targets I only see 4 hits

and the other thing was minor shit like for example searing totem hits, without it I never quite knew if my totem is in range of the target

but yeah the default UI bunch of numbers is kinda pointless :p

EmiPrime

Once my weekend CM group is done getting golds I am going to unsubscribe. There is nothing for non-raiders in this patch and it's going to take forever for LFR to unlock fully. I can't even pass on the baleful gear to my alts to at least make those tedious grinds feel somewhat worthwhile. 6.2 is only two days old and already I can't be bothered to go to TJ.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anyone else had issues with their pet bars? My pet's special abilities no longer show up. I tried disabling all my addons already and did /reload ui a couple of times. Ugh.

UgDCj0K.png

For reference I am a Destro Lock. I'll double check my Huntard and see if he has the same issue.

edit: Huntard's pet skills are there, and my pet skills are there if I use Grimoire of Service rather than Supremacy. Does Supremacy remove the special abilities of pets?

Drag them out from the pet spellbook?

And press F to pay respect to DW Frost:

[Hotfix in testing] Frost Strike and Obliterate have been reduced to their pre-6.2 damage levels.
The change to Might of the Frozen Wastes remains in place and is a significant buff to Frost Strike damage while dual-wielding.
Obliterate once again deals full damage to players.
[Hotfix in testing] Howling Blast damage has been reduced by 13.5% but is still a slight buff from its pre-6.2 damage levels.
The change to Howling Blast's area damage remains in place, and continues to deal full damage to all enemies within range.

It's not terrible, terrible, but still.

Please make Baleful tokens BoA Blizzard. If I get another Baleful Armament on my paladin that doesn't need it I'm gonna cry. Oh you want a 2hander weapon warlock, mage, druid? Sorry have a one hander even though their is no Baleful offhand.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Please make Baleful tokens BoA Blizzard. If I get another Baleful Armament on my paladin that doesn't need it I'm gonna cry. Oh you want a 2hander weapon warlock, mage, druid? Sorry have a one hander even though their is no Baleful offhand.

You get BOA ones from the Shipyard.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I'm holding on to them on my main just because it's so incredibly retarded that they're BoP, I don't expect that to last long at all. It seems like a mistake that they're not BoA.

JSoup

Banned
Not only is Farahlon not implemented, but there are no good leads left to serve as a catalyst to what created Netherstorm without Ner'zhul and Gul'dan.

Are they even needed for it? I thought Netherstorm came to be when a planet got in a fight with a void lord and the planet lost, washing the survivors and what was less of the planet in arcane energy.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Are they even needed for it? I thought Netherstorm came to be when a planet got in a fight with a void lord and the planet lost, washing the survivors and what was less of the planet in arcane energy.

That was after it was put into the nether by Ner'Zhul opening portals all over the planet.

So I might need to play my Warlock for raiding. But I dread, DREAD doing the legendary questline on him. That and the base level of gearing are going to be terrible.

I think it's worse than the cloak tbh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are they even needed for it?
The scattered wastes of Outland are all that remain of Draenor, the once beautiful homeworld of the orcs. Following the Second War, the Alliance invaded Draenor by crossing through the Dark Portal. To their horror, they discovered that Ner'zhul - the dark warlord of Horde - had constructed a series of new gateways that could lead the beaten Horde to newer, unspoiled worlds. As the Alliance forces closed in around him, Ner'zhul opened his gateways as a means of escape. However, the gateways' clashing energies resulted in a catastrophic explosion that ultimately ripped the world of Draenor apart.
As it is right now the Draenor in the WoD timeline doesn't see the instability the original Draenor did. I don't really know who is left to push the world in a direction to where Draenor would be brought to ruin. Gul'dan is elsewhere. Ner'zhul is dead. Cho'gall might have been a candidate but he is dead too.

This is why I find 6.2's ending so bewildering. Nothing of consequence really happened inside the WoD timeline, and the characters that might have been able to bleed the story into something else have all been cut from the storyline. WoD essentially created a hyper simplified version of Draenor that somehow fails to suffer the same consequences we saw in the Outland timeline even when some of the actions of its cast mirror one another. As it stands this entire expansion pack is essentially a retcon to let some new version of Gul'dan live on. Absolutely absurd.

With Netherstorm in particular its exposure to the Twisting Nether only came about because of what Ner'zhul did. Him opening portals created vulnerabilities to outsiders essentially. From there things deteriorated quickly, and the Mana Forges made the situation considerably worse.

JSoup

Banned

More specifically (taken from Warcraft site):

The region of Netherstorm was a verdant open range called the Fields of Farahlon until Draenor was ripped apart. Normally imperceptible to mortals, the Twisting Nether bled into the physical realm and unleashed a tumultuous arcane storm that warped the surrounding territory.

I was thinking of the Ethereal's planet, my mistake.
So maybe we'll get a patch of someone being a dick on Farahlon with portals and such.
Probably too much to hope for.

Robin64

Tanaan is pretty challengings at times, but nothing compares to how challenging the new invisible disconnect boss between the Garrison tables is. That fucker gets me loads, and I just can't find a way to fight back at all.

Milennia

How many raid days/hours per raid day do you guys run per week for progression?

5 days (7 days 1st week) and 6-7 hours but we can go over or raid extra days if the raid can make it, which during progression is a normal thing.

People tend to take time off for progress, so it just makes that easier.

thats for mythic progress that is.

lazygecko

Tanaan is pretty challengings at times, but nothing compares to how challenging the new invisible disconnect boss between the Garrison tables is. That fucker gets me loads, and I just can't find a way to fight back at all.

Can't even be bothered to complete my naval missions bow because of it.

Shahadan

Look I enjoy having a shark boss as much as the next guy, but I honestly can't believe they made such a rookie mistake with it.

This shark ONLY drops an upgrade for your boats. This is stupid as fuck. Why would you even do that. It only ensures than in a month rerolls or returning players will have a hell of a hard time to find a raid group for it since nobody would ever do it twice.

I'm convinced this zone was done by a B-team while the real one is busy on the xpac.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Look I enjoy having a shark boss as much as the next guy, but I honestly can't believe they made such a rookie mistake with it.

This shark ONLY drops an upgrade for your boats. This is stupid as fuck. Why would you even do that. It only ensures than in a month rerolls or returning players will have a hell of a hard time to find a raid group for it since nobody would ever do it twice.

I'm convinced this zone was done by a B-team while the real one is busy on the xpac.

I've been hoping that the patches in this expansion suck due to them putting tons of resources into the next expansion to blow our minds.

But that probably won't be true...

Shahadan

I've been hoping that the patches in this expansion suck due to them putting tons of resources into the next expansion to blow our minds.

But that probably won't be true...

It's always worse than we think. Watch the real team being on Overwatch, never coming back, and leaving us with the b team for the xpac!

In all fairness we don't know shit about who's working on what but it feels like different people these days

Top Bottom