• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

lazygecko

Haha yeah. I play on an RP server, so Silvermoon is always busy. Fun to take a mage and Slow Fall on to Silvermoon's top part, then sit high above players or even with the band.

Which server are you on? I'm assuming you're on US which I recently joined. Was thinking of making an auxiliary char on a RP realm.

We focus the construct first, then raven. But people just completely lose their minds, stand in the fire, fergot to dispel the bombs, forget to throw the eye to the tanks, forget to move out for shakram...

Mechanics? What are those? I'm healing/DPSing my ass off... why are we all dead?

The raven needs to die first, he does a pulsing AoE that increases in damage over time that will kill everyone if you don't prioritize him.

Hello, Naval Yard 2-day missions. Fuck you.

Mage Tower, which is going to be the next 'mandatory' building and end up getting nerfed.

The building is really silly, crazy Apexis crystals and the instant follower/naval mission.

What else you going to use, Barracks isn't really needed anymore now that follower missions got nerfed so badly. Bunker? For what the free roll.

StMeph

Mage Tower, which is going to be the next 'mandatory' building and end up getting nerfed.

The building is really silly, crazy Apexis crystals and the instant follower/naval mission.

What else you going to use, Barracks isn't really needed anymore now that follower missions got nerfed so badly. Bunker? For what the free roll.

Yeah I just replaced my bunker with a mage tower. Totally useless now.

Oh, I already did a few days ago. Doesn't make me hate the 24+ hour missions any less.

June 30th Hotfixes

-Mission Completion Orders will no longer complete Naval Missions.
-Mission Completion Orders chance at appearing from Mage Tower work orders has been reduced by 75%.
-Mage Tower work orders now produce 75% less Apexis Crystals.
-Duration of Naval Missions increased by 4x.
-Ships now have a chance to be destroyed even on successful Naval Missions.

ampere

June 30th Hotfixes

-Mission Completion Orders chance at appearing from Mage Tower work orders has been reduced by 75%.

:lol almost believable

June 30th Hotfixes

You sly bastard

ZenaxPure

Just read the WoWhead interview with Ion where he confirmed they are working on a D3 style transmog system for WoW. Hope that means it will make it in by next expansion. Certainly one of my top 5 things I wish the game had right now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Once you unlock the appearance for an item, you can just select it from the transmog vendor whenever you want, instead of having to possess the item in some way.

hopefully d3 style transmog makes it into the same update as tabards and shirts get put into the collection tab. Having my bag addons switched off by 6.2 gave me a stark reminder of just how crammed fulla crap my bank/bags are with that junk.

hopefully d3 style transmog makes it into the same update as tabards and shirts get put into the collection tab. Having my bag addons switched off by 6.2 gave me a stark reminder of just how crammed fulla crap my bank/bags are with that junk.

I cleared up like 30 bag slots today by finally going through all my salvage and then switching the salvage yard to a storehouse for easy bank/xmog access (not an engineer on the char). Salvage yard was too much hassle on my main, and now that they nerfed its gold output, it really wasn't worth the time. It's probably more efficient to have a 3rd profession building (likely JC hut) if I seriously wanted to optimize gold, but that's too much effort.

Woooot. Finally got blazing drake and by extension, emerald drake. soooo happy to have that done. heroic DS can take a back seat for a long ass time. Im quite done with that shit hole.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Just a heads up, if you don't want to tick "Load out-dated addons", you can open up the .toc file in Bagnon and it's dependancies and change the #60100 to #60200. Then it'll load up without complaining.

Haven't run into any issues with it running 6.2

JSoup

Banned
I kept getting "sorry, games down" errors for an hour or two, but it's back up for me now, with less than a half hour to spare.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Tuesday...

Supreme Felblight Lord Kazzak shall rain down enough mats on my army of alts to complete my last crafted weapon.

And yeah, I was getting about 10 of them an hour herbing for the first few days. Maybe it's RNG, but I am getting around 2-3 per hour over the last couple of days.

Robin64

So you can use Crystallized Fel to upgrade the Legendary Ring by 3 ilvls. It drops from Archimonde, but only once per week, so it will take 20 weeks to upgrade your 735 ring to the max of 795.

Doesn't drop on LFR.

Izanagi

Neo Member
I felt the game was too time consuming a few years ago, so I decided to stop. I knew I would eventually come back, since this is probably my favorite game, but work and college didn't leave me with enough time until now. After this summer sale began, I decided to buy WoD and a 1 month subscription.

I logged in and felt overwhelmed. I had no idea where to begin. I left right before MoP was released, so it's like I'm playing a whole different game. It's not bad, don't take me wrong, but I've always had that urge to complete everything and now I don't even know where to start.

I have 5 characters +85 (Warlock, Druid, Mage, Rogue and Paladin), but it doesn't make sense to use the level 90 boost I got with one of them. I don't want to make a rash decision, but I was thinking about using this to either boost my Priest or (newly made) Monk. I like versatility, and my best role has been healer, but I have no idea what are the current trends and needs.

Do you have any advice you can spare? Should I focus on anything in particular? On whom would you use your boost? I know this is extremely vague, but I feel so lost atm xD

darksagus

I felt the game was too time consuming a few years ago, so I decided to stop. I knew I would eventually come back, since this is probably my favorite game, but work and college didn't leave me with enough time until now. After this summer sale began, I decided to buy WoD and a 1 month subscription.

I logged in and felt overwhelmed. I had no idea where to begin. I left right before MoP was released, so it's like I'm playing a whole different game. It's not bad, don't take me wrong, but I've always had that urge to complete everything and now I don't even know where to start.

I have 5 characters +85 (Warlock, Druid, Mage, Rogue and Paladin), but it doesn't make sense to use the level 90 boost I got with one of them. I don't want to make a rash decision, but I was thinking about using this to either boost my Priest or (newly made) Monk. I like versatility, and my best role has been healer, but I have no idea what are the current trends and needs.

Do you have any advice you can spare? Should I focus on anything in particular? On whom would you use your boost? I know this is extremely vague, but I feel so lost atm xD

The new patch this week added a new zone, Tanaan Jungle, which is basically designed to gear new characters. You can get very decent gear by doing the dailies and killing elites as soon as you hit 100. You will also probably want to work on the Draenor Pathfinder achievement which will enable flying for all your 90+ characters in Draenor once they add it within the next few weeks.

As far as classes go, disc priests and holy pallys are the top healers right now, and mages are very strong dps. However, I would just play whichever class is the most enjoyable, there isn't really a "bad" class right now.

ampere

Woooot. Finally got blazing drake and by extension, emerald drake. soooo happy to have that done. heroic DS can take a back seat for a long ass time. Im quite done with that shit hole.

Grats. I'm jelly. That's one mount I really wish I could get to finish off that achievement.

So you can use Crystallized Fel to upgrade the Legendary Ring by 3 ilvls. It drops from Archimonde, but only once per week, so it will take 20 weeks to upgrade your 735 ring to the max of 795.

Doesn't drop on LFR.

Basically this expac's form of a gradual nerf to the final raid.

StMeph

Basically this expac's form of a gradual nerf to the final raid.

I don't know that it would make enough of a difference even across 20 people to effectively nerf the raid. I wonder how much it compares as a percentage increase to SoO gear getting another 8 ilevels each in T16.

i735:
+250 Strength
+375 Stamina
+176 Critical Strike (1.6% @ L100)
+150 Multistrike (2.27% @ L100)

i795:
+437 Strength
+656 Stamina
+308 Critical Strike (2.8% @ L100)
+263 Multistrike (3.98% @ L100)

That is a lot of main stat.

ampere

I don't know that it would make enough of a difference even across 20 people to effectively nerf the raid. I wonder how much it compares as a percentage increase to SoO gear getting another 8 ilevels each in T16.

That is a lot of main stat.

Look at the on use part. 20% dps increase to 44% on activation.

That's huuuuuuge.

lazygecko

The changes to the game's rendering tech in 6.0 and some patches after that seemed to have broken compatibility with ENB overlays. Thankfully SweetFX still seems to work and I found an addon that works. Now to start tweaking the config... though the default settings are decent enough. One of the things I like the most is that it seems to fix the issue with how models in the character/inspect panels and such don't have any anti-aliasing which is just ugly and jarring when juxtaposed against the rest of the game.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23330-SweetfxefxforWindows7864bitWOW64bitdx11.html

I'm honestly surprised there seems to be so little interest and discussion about graphical overlays for WoW. Skyrim and GTA modding scenes really made them explode in popularity, and a lot of people use one with Elder Scrolls Online.

Doesn't drop on LFR.

So 5 months to upgrade the ring, +~2-3 months to get it in the first place. 7-8 months of HFC *guaranteed*. Then I doubt they'd schedule whatever is next so tightly, so let's say 2 months of cushion at minimum. That's 9-10 months of HFC *at least*. Wooooooo woo.

ampere

So 5 months to upgrade the ring, +~2-3 months to get it in the first place. 7-8 months of HFC *guaranteed*. Then I doubt they'd schedule whatever is next so tightly, so let's say 2 months of cushion at minimum. That's 9-10 months of HFC *at least*. Wooooooo woo.

Blizzard is teaming up with Guinness World Records to make the longest raid tier of all time! What type of silly antics can we expect?!

Robin64

I like how you can't face Archimonde in LFR until August 25th.

Sure sure, join a real raid, blah blah bloop bloop. Still funny.

Shahadan

Is there a way to make naval treasure missions appear? Because I don't have any at the moment and all my ships are purple quality so xp missions are useless.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizzard is teaming up with Guinness World Records to make the longest raid tier of all time! What type of silly antics can we expect?!

Promises that it will totally be better next time you guys, we promise!

The fact that the main selling point of a two-tier expansion was faster xpac turn around, and Hellfire is likely looking to be around for as long as the previous couple of droughts is just wonderful. Blizzard sure does seem to be having a hard time with WoD.

JSoup

Banned
Is there a way to make naval treasure missions appear? Because I don't have any at the moment and all my ships are purple quality so xp missions are useless.

Same way you make normal missions appear, cycle them. Doesn't matter if they are useless, send them out anyway. New missions will be provided at return. It doesn't seem like many naval missions expire all on their own, like normal missions do.

Same way you make normal missions appear, cycle them. Doesn't matter if they are useless, send them out anyway. New missions will be provided at return. It doesn't seem like many naval missions expire all on their own, like normal missions do.

Master Plan seems to indicate that the do expire, it just takes forever. Most of the ones I have last for 2+ days.

Of things WoD got right, the login screen is one of them, not that I see it much with the battle.net launcher.

I only wish I still didn't have this bugged popup complaining about out of date drivers. When it originally happened I updated everything, including audio drivers and it still persisted. That was months and months ago. Still pops up.

Maybe integrated graphics?

Nah. 750 Ti and I just updated video drivers this past week. Gonna try audio drivers again now though, looks like there was a new release a few days ago.

Edit: Did do audio drivers, bugged popup still happens. Probably should post my Dxdiag on the support forums to see if they see something I don't.

Top Bottom