• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Semper88

The game has changed so much since those days. It might even shock you how much tbh.

Rather than tell you, try out a trial and get a taste of what it is first hand.

It's still a lot of fun to play imo.

I'm guessing that change is not always in a good way.
The low shit is probably as dead as Naxx.. and its all about the endgame now?

Got good memories of that game, ganking, pvp, screaming raid leaders etc.

Robin64

I'm guessing that change is not always in a good way.
The low shit is probably as dead as Naxx.. and its all about the endgame now?

Got good memories of that game, ganking, pvp, screaming raid leaders etc.

Nah. Cross-realm servers means I always see people around while levelling up.

And endgame is currently the low point of the game, the levelling part is superb.

There was some french interview where corey stockton confirmed this was the last patch. Not sure if that's news or not, but we got one big patch this expansion. One. That's fucking crazy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There was some french interview where corey stockton confirmed this was the last patch. Not sure if that's news or not, but we got one big patch this expansion. One. That's fucking crazy.

And then Corey turned to Ion and said "You know Ion, we really are the warlords of draenor."

Sigh.

traveler

Not Wario
Even if it is there, and there's a quick transition to beta, and there's a quick transition from beta to release, that's still a huge gap, which is the very thing I thought this low content xpac was going to avoid.

They need to drop expac news at Gamescom and get the ball rolling sooner. Make the Diablo expac the focus at Blizzcon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Seriously, it's just like, what the fuck happened. It's so weird seeing how everything about WoD ended up unfolding, and knowing that it's extremely unlikely that the gap between 6.2 and 7.0 will be significantly less than the previous two expansions. The only potential saving grace I can see is if the much-touted increased dev team has actually been mostly hard at work on the next expansion all this time. That of course hinges on the idea that next expansion will actually be reasonably impressive though, and not another content-light $50 with a single major patch.

You were the chosen one, WoD. You were supposed to bring fun back into WoW, not destroy it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, it's just like, what the fuck happened. It's so weird seeing how everything about WoD ended up unfolding, and knowing that it's extremely unlikely that the gap between 6.2 and 7.0 will be significantly less than the previous two expansions. The only potential saving grace I can see is if the much-touted increased dev team has actually been mostly hard at work on the next expansion all this time. That of course hinges on the idea that next expansion will actually be reasonably impressive though, and not another content-light $50 with a single major patch.

You were the chosen one, WoD. You were supposed to bring fun back into WoW, not destroy it.

That's really the only thing that semi-explains this whole expansion's lack of content and patches.
I'm worried though if that's not the case because another insane wait will surely hurt the game even more.

lazygecko

Blizzard talked in the past about the prospect of releasing smaller, cheaper expansions at a faster rate. WoD would be exhibit A of such an expansion, only they charged twice as much for it.

Anoregon

It's never left my mind that WoD was 50/80 bucks. I really, really feel bad for the people who bought the Collector's Ed.

It was the first WoW CE I bought, too. It sits next to my Vanilla D3 CE as the only other CE I have (I had D2 as well, but that was long ago and not really "mine" so much as for me and my brothers)

It's like I know when something is going to end up being an utter disappointment and pay as much as I can for it.

StMeph

It was the first WoW CE I bought, too. It sits next to my Vanilla D3 CE as the only other CE I have (I had D2 as well, but that was long ago and not really "mine" so much as for me and my brothers)

It's like I know when something is going to end up being an utter disappointment and pay as much as I can for it.

Fucking warn us next time you're about to buy a CE.

Anoregon

Fucking warn us next time you're about to buy a CE.

To be fair, I didn't buy any of the legendary/guardian/etc editions of Destiny, just run of the mill. So It's not 100% accurate.

Anoregon

It's not too late for The Taken King.

I'd have to buy the $60 version anyway, because I didn't waste my money on the garbage that was The Dark Below and it there is no possible way to purchase TK without owning TDB.

Blizzard fucked WoD up, but Bungie is literally the worst.

StMeph

I'd have to buy the $60 version anyway, because I didn't waste my money on the garbage that was The Dark Below and it there is no possible way to purchase TK without owning TDB.

Blizzard fucked WoD up, but Bungie is literally the worst.

Anytime I see someone talk about Destiny, the person hates the game, but, like you, are still buying the expansion(s), and the game is on OT25. Twenty-five. I've never played Destiny, but always found that contrast really interesting.

It seems like probably the most masochistic relationship in contemporary gaming.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blizzard talked in the past about the prospect of releasing smaller, cheaper expansions at a faster rate. WoD would be exhibit A of such an expansion, only they charged twice as much for it.

It will take, at minimum, 8 months to have a fully upgraded legendary ring including the +3 ilevel drops from Archimonde.

6.2 is the last patch for at LEAST 8 months.

I foresee a Ruby Sanctum situation if they proclaim that there's not gonna be another raid/big patch. They simply can't allow HFC to stagnate for longer than SoO. When we don't even have an expansion announced yet (Blizzcon) and the turnaround even at the fastest from that is gonna be absolute minimum 3-4 months.

Anoregon

Anytime I see someone talk about Destiny, the person hates the game, but, like you, are still buying the expansion(s), and the game is on OT25. Twenty-five. I've never played Destiny, but always found that contrast really interesting.

It seems like probably the most masochistic relationship in contemporary gaming.

I apologize if my last post indicated I intend to buy the Taken King.

ampere

It will take, at minimum, 8 months to have a fully upgraded legendary ring including the +3 ilevel drops from Archimonde.

6.2 is the last patch for at LEAST 8 months.

I think there will be a 6.3 with no raid, new pvp season and some little stuff like 6.1.

But agree no other big patch is likely.

StMeph

Bullshit. They could make the story there anything they wanted. I'd be more impressed if they admitted they suck at managing their time.

After ten years, it's more like players should be better not letting themselves always get fooled by the same talk.

And in what universe is 6.1 a "big patch"? WoD has only had one real content patch: 6.2 with Tanaan and HFC. Even saying there were two big patches is disingenuous.

ZenaxPure

Well there's already an achievement in the game for WoD season 3, so that's happening.

6.2 data mining also showed they added Christmas related stuff for HFC bosses (presumably santa hats for this year but not entirely sure). Could be a while I guess...

And in what universe is 6.1 a "big patch"? WoD has only had one real content patch: 6.2 with Tanaan and HFC. Even saying there were two big patches is disingenuous.

This is my favorite part of the entire interview because it's coming hot off the heels of the Q&A where Ion straight up admitted that 6.1 was garbage and should have been called something like 6.0.5 because it had pretty much no new content.

Peachpies

Patch 6.1 was extremely light on content and might have better been named Patch 6.0.5. It was a small set of updates, but using a major patch number may have been misleading. The team had just launched the expansion and was going on holiday vacations, but wanted to get some fixes and improvements in before the next major patch.
vs.
Some expansions had four big patches, some had three, Warlords had two big patches with Patch 6.1 and 6.2. As the team gets closer to hitting the goal of a small gap between expansions there will be less large patches in each expansion.
they are going to lose so many people with this stuff

ampere

lol 6.1 is a big patch. It's pretty comical at this point.

HFC is great fun, but I am definitely considering throwing in the towel at the end of this expac when everyone has their BRF and HFC mounts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bullshit. They could make the story there anything they wanted. I'd be more impressed if they admitted they suck at managing their time.
In fairness...it seems like they already have trouble putting together a story that is remotely coherent, or has any characters worth caring about. Farahlon would also probably be more orcs anyways, since Draenor doesn't seem to have anything creatively ambitious going on inside it.

So I rolled myself an Alliance DK alt on Stormrage.

And.....I have no money. Somebody spot me 1000g please, lol.
blush.gif

Wulfric

So is there a dedicated GAF guild, or just that long list on Google Docs?

There's usually only 2 or 3 people on at a time in my current guild, out of 180 or so. o_O

I just hit 98 on my Lightbringer toon. If anyone else is working on Spires of Arak PvE, I'm all ears.

Draxal

Ooph, I quite right before 6.1 but you guys don't seem to be happy at all. I actually really liked Pandaria a ton as well.

ampere

Ooph, I quite right before 6.1 but you guys don't seem to be happy at all. I actually really liked Pandaria a ton as well.

Raid is good, rest of the content is ehh.

But they force you to do the other stuff to raid (legendary quest) so it gets irritating.

ZenaxPure

First year of MoP is still the most fun I've ever had with the game personally. Was expecting WoD to try and give me something similar to that experience but here we are...

As for people not being happy, pick a card, any card. You could probably ask 5 different people why they are unhappy about things right now and get 5 different answers that make sense. It's a bit of a bummer.

I wonder if they'd let you buy the next expansion with gold? Maybe wishful thinking.

In my dreams. Though this makes me wonder if the next expansion will also be $50.

Robin64

Breaking past level 100 will feel so anti-climactic though. Bring on the paragon levels! Maybe with real skill trees again!

Now I'm imaging the Paragon system from Diablo III literally dropped into WoW. Hmm. Could be fun, other MMOs are beginning to adopt account-wide stats. Heck, Guild Wars 2 has a good one in the form of Magic Find, an account wide chance to get better drops from the world.

ampere

Breaking past level 100 will feel so anti-climactic though. Bring on the paragon levels! Maybe with real skill trees again!

Level squish - set us back to 50 or 60. It would certainly help the spread of abilities/talents/glyphs as we level.

I was somewhat hoping that WoD would make us level 1 when we hit 100. Like "super or paragon" level 1, but it'd be interesting. Would make talent trees look weird though.

TJdJBcN.gif

Top Bottom