• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Garrisons + naval missions evolving into full fledged naval bases (but done well) in the next expansion as we go to the SOUTH SEAS and KUL TIRAS to FIGHT AZSHARA AND THE LEGION AND N'ZOTH ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

#believe

But seriously Kul Tiras/Tol Barad architecture is GOAT I need more =(

BearPawB

Banned
I have loved every raid of this expansion.
I have found the garrisons to be ok, but not very compelling.

Tannan Jungle feels worthless.
Naval missions generally suck.

I can't remember the last time i have done an PvP.

The raid team has made some amazing encounters. Blizzard still does that better than anyone.

Other than that...idk man.

I think the followers are okay, if mindless. What I disliked the most was the heavy integration of professions into garrisons, along with the whole daily CDs for EVERYTHING system.

ZenaxPure

Garrisons + naval missions evolving into full fledged naval bases (but done well) in the next expansion as we go to the SOUTH SEAS and KUL TIRAS to FIGHT AZSHARA AND THE LEGION AND N'ZOTH ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

#believe

This is what I want to believe, well minus all those bad guys in one place lol. Honestly I wouldn't be the bit surprised if the shipyard was just a testing ground for naval stuff in a south seas xpac. I got my ship yard teleport item today and if you read mail Khadgar sends you with it he's like "I think you'll be a great naval leader dude in the future." O rly?

As for a garrison evolution what I would like to see is them make a garrison that isn't ingrained into the core of the game. The real problem with garrisons is how everything revolves around them: Professions, gear progression, the 6.0 apexis dailies, the legendary ring 6.2 stuff. If you want to interact with nearly any system in the game right now you have to go through garrisons somehow. It just shouldn't be that way.

That's not to say they should strip out rewards from garrisons though, it should just be an optional thing. Minus cosmetic stuff anything you can get from the garrison should be obtainable other ways as well. Taking options away from people is exactly how we ended up with launch WoD.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So far I haven't made it to 100 yet, but this transmog on my Warlock is making me really happy.

7vqCW0V.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've stopped playing a while back(and no, just logging for garrisons missions doesn't count), but hearing about how bad 6.2 is outside of the raid.... there's a part of me hoping they'll lose even more subscribers for the rest of the expansion so that maybe the chances of seeing the monthly sub go away one day grow bigger.

Ended up selling a pet from Sunwell that I ran today and got two of!

Got 750g in my pocket, this is fucking awesome /thriftshop

Should be enough to get started.

Semper88

Installed the free trial yesterday.

Made a random char and logged in and that music.. Flashbacks from 7 years ago haha.

I've always played Horde so i guess I'll do that again. Any recommended servers?

Also I used to play WAR. Any recommendation on a class to pick? Whats fun these days, always loved healing too!

Installed the free trial yesterday.

Made a random char and logged in and that music.. Flashbacks from 7 years ago haha.

I've always played Horde so i guess I'll do that again. Any recommended servers?

Also I used to play WAR. Any recommendation on a class to pick? Whats fun these days, always loved healing too!

Warrior is still great; if you want something different go druid. Feral is 100% absurd and druids overall give you so many options.

Don't listen to people that tell you that server doesn't matter (because of cross realm). It still matters for numerous reasons; if you want horde go Area-52, if you want alliance go Stormrage. If you want a pvp server, I'm sorry.

Robin64

Worth picking up this weekend event quest, as it seems to just auto-complete right away. All that stuff, for doing nothing!

iAN1hWl.jpg

lazygecko

People are really, really not happy with the state of the game after the interviews confirmed 6.2 to be the last content patch for the expansion. I don't think I've seen this much uproar in the WoW community in quite some time.

Tacitus_

People are really, really not happy with the state of the game after the interviews confirmed 6.2 to be the last content patch for the expansion. I don't think I've seen this much uproar in the WoW community in quite some time.

Less content for more money tends to get people upset.

CassSept

I don't think it would be much of an exaggeration if I said that you can rage over pretty much every single bullet point in mmo-champion post about the interview.

Ugh, group joining etiquette sucks right now.

Doing Savage Whale Shark, WHY ARE YOU AT BRAZIE'S FARMSTEAD.

Speaking of - farming the rares again for all the counters on alts is gonna suck...

Especially considering you essentially need them for the legendary quest shipyard missions.

Wulfric

Is the reception towards WoD worse than in the Cataclysm days? I admit I started the week after WoD dropped, so forgive me if I lack some understanding in Blizzard's schedule.

6.2 can't really be the last patch, can it? If that's true, there wouldn't be any new content until the next expac in Fall 2016 (assuming they maintain their biannual fall release). It just seems silly to abandon Draenor so quickly.

Speaking of - farming the rares again for all the counters on alts is gonna suck...

Especially considering you essentially need them for the legendary quest shipyard missions.

Realm hop around with the group finder and you can get it done pretty quickly, ~30 min or less, they're all 100% drops I think, except Ironbeard? But his is not required for anything I don't think.

iirate

Okay, so I've had a lot of fun this expansion. In fact, I'm currently playing WoW more than I have in a very long time *and* I'm having fun doing so.

That said, even I'm sort of pissed right now. I look at my "to-do" list for 6.2 and have no idea how I'll stretch it out to the point I suspect I'll have to, and this is apparently the only large content patch of the whole expansion? When the player base asks for more expansions, what they are really asking for is more content, faster. It feels like Blizzard took the faster expansion requests in the most literal way possible, stripped down the size of the expansions, and then is still struggling to deliver on a faster schedule.

EmiPrime

Is the reception towards WoD worse than in the Cataclysm days? I admit I started the week after WoD dropped, so forgive me if I lack some understanding in Blizzard's schedule.

Dragon Soul was a turd of a raid tier that the yearly pass subscribers were locked to for a year and the scrapping of the Abyssal Maw did not go down well either but this is even worse. The max level content in WOD other than raiding has been dog shit from start to finish.

EmiPrime

11/25 naval treasure missions completed for the level 3 shipyard.

The only two treasure missions available right now require a carrier to get a better than 70% chance of completion.

Awesome.

11/25 naval treasure missions completed for the level 3 shipyard.

The only two treasure missions available right now require a carrier to get a better than 70% chance of completion.

Awesome.

Don't worry it gets worse, I have 7 missions right now (not a single one is a treasure mission).

If I do them will it make something else pop up?

EmiPrime

Don't worry it gets worse, I have 7 missions right now (not a single one is a treasure mission).

Nothing surprises me anymore. I assume it's going to keep offering me XP missions despite all my ships being epic and even though you can't have inactive ships in reserve like with followers.

Good design.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I assume it's going to keep offering me XP missions despite all my ships being epic and even though you can't have inactive ships in reserve like with followers.

Good design.

Yep, same. All my ships are epic, its cheaper to just decommission green/crap crew ships for epic ships. As such, I have zero reason to do xp missions they just waste oil.

Nokterian

To me the naval yard is another fucking menu...i tend to ignore my garrison as a whole it is cool but overall i don't like it. Tanaan Jungle is meh also...time walking i really don't care about it as a veteran i am not going back to me WoD is even more disappointing expansion than i thought it would be.

ZenaxPure

When the player base asks for more expansions

Who is even asking for this? The only people I ever see talk about wanting faster expansions is Blizzard. I'm certainly not in that camp, 1 year just makes everything feel rushed. I prefer them adding new places/story to whatever landmass we're on as opposed to swooping in killing some raid boss and then moving on to the next expansion.

EmiPrime

Who is even asking for this? The only people I ever see talk about wanting faster expansions is Blizzard. I'm certainly not in that camp, 1 year just makes everything feel rushed. I prefer them adding new places/story to whatever landmass we're on as opposed to swooping in killing some raid boss and then moving on to the next expansion.

The playerbase didn't want to be stuck on one raid or content patch for a year and Blizzard in their own obtuse way jumped to all the wrong conclusions.

ICC outstayed its welcome by a couple of months but overall WOTLK had great pacing, sensible reputations and had about 15 5 man dungeons: DO THAT. They already got it right 7 years ago but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason. It's infuriating.

The playerbase didn't want to be stuck on one raid or content patch for a year and Blizzard in their own obtuse way jumped to all the wrong conclusions.

ICC outstayed its welcome by a couple of months but overall WOTLK had great pacing, sensible reputations and had about 15 5 man dungeons: DO THAT. They already got it right 7 years ago but they keep trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason. It's infuriating.

It is crazy that WoD only has eight dungeons, none are going to be added (no scenarios either). WoD is so incredibly content light that it is quite surprising, '2 major patches'. Lol.

Guys any of you have this problem, where launcher forgets your login info? I hate having to enter my password and authenticator number every time

ampere

Guys any of you have this problem, where launcher forgets your login info? I hate having to enter my password and authenticator number every time

I was getting that a few times last week after previously not having to reenter my information for months. It stopped and I never looked into it

Started playing again a little before my subscription runs out sometime this month. The layout of Tanaan Jungle is freaking awful. I've had to teleport twice because of being suck by the water twice (both mostly my fault but one shouldn't have been if there wasn't an invisible wall preventing me from getting up). There's also mobs along most of the roads that consistently daze you.

I'll likely resubscribe at one point to finish my legendary ring quest but it won't be for awhile.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
And remember that "free" boost well welcome to the most alt unfriendly expansion yet! But I guess I'm part of the problem for still staying subbed (via tokens).

I boosted a druid and it is still 90. I have leveled the least alts to max level this xpac than any other, by far.

iirate

Nah, this has been their goal since forever. But that's my point really. Blizz has been saying this forever, I rarely ever see anyone actually say they want that.

I think Blizzard certainly originated the idea, but as far as I've seen, the player base has been in favor and reinforced the idea that faster expansion would be a good thing. There's a lot of push back now, but prior to this point, it felt to me like the community was overwhelmingly in favor of more expansions(even if many of us were skeptical that they'd ever deliver on that goal).

I boosted a druid and it is still 90. I have leveled the least alts to max level this xpac than any other, by far.

Same...

It really comes down to a few things and they all center around garrisons. Needing to get all the right followers over and over. Having to level them all up to 675. The destruction of professions. Gold gold gold cost.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I think I leveled the most alts in MOP because of how ridiculously fast it was towards the end.

I'll note that this expansion I've leveled the more alts closer to launch than previous expansions.

I barely got one of every class to 90 just before WoD came out. I planned to level them all to 100 before the next expansion but I'm not sure I'll even get half of them to it before then. Before Mists came out I had 8 characters at max and 5 characters at max before Cata came out. Right now I only have 4 at level 100 so far.

Enosh

I have loved every raid of this expansion.
really? I found them to be rather dull, but granted only done very few on mythic (the move to 20 was really awful, need to recruit a bunch of new people and most apparently aren't mythic ready but you can't kick half the raid and pray that the next batch is better so meh -.-)

from a tanking perspective that is, most shit is just "taunt on X" I found MoP to have some more interesting stuff going on and I liked the bigger focus on properly doing your AM, again didn't do most on mythic so maybe missed some crazy tank stuff
granted the new raid seems to be a bit more interesting on certain fight

then there is the general theme of the raids, doing more fucking orcs after a year of SoO wasn't the best idea... I know highmaul was mostly ogres but orcs followed soon after that

I barely got one of every class to 90 just before WoD came out. I planned to level them all to 100 before the next expansion but I'm not sure I'll even get half of them to it before then. Before Mists came out I had 8 characters at max and 5 characters at max before Cata came out. Right now I only have 4 at level 100 so far.

I might do it with flying, but otherwise some of my alts can just rot for the most part. The questing is good, but linear and tedious at parts after having done it 5-6 times already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why did you (read: how bored were you to) level 11 characters to 100?

So I could have 11 easy lockouts for Yogg and Arthas.

The cruel joke being that I stopped giving a fuck about farming those mounts from having to do it so many times. Oh and to make some gold.

ZenaxPure

Why did you (read: how bored were you to) level 11 characters to 100?

You don't even need to be bored to do it to be honest. I have 14 level 100s and it was barely any of my time. With heirlooms and the XP potion you can get to 100 in like 5 hours. After a tiny bit of SMV/Frostfire all you need to do is Gorgrond (bonus objectives galore) and Spires (20% xp buff in that zone). No other zones needed, though, at some point I started adding the opening quest chain of talador into the mix for the free garrison level 2 book.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
In addition to heirlooms and pots you can also get crafted gear too. I think my hunter took around 4 hours to go from 90 to 100 with a 675 gun.

Top Bottom