• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Tacitus_

Not EVERY talent tier is an even choice, or even a compellign one, but most of them are. To be completely frank, if you can't find uses for your other talents you're probably not that great at your class or don't understand what the talents are doing for you in the first place. Yes, that probably sounds a bit insulting, but it's true. The old system was literally "You do more damage" as a talent choice, that is so very rarely the case now. AT WORST the current system is 'you do more damage in situation A B or C' and A is much more common than B or C, but B and C still have a place.

Tbh current warlock talents are... lacking, so he's not wrong about those. Still better than the old system tho.

Milennia

You've made at least two post saying it was bad. Now, all of a sudden, it's not bad? lol does not compute.

Progress makes things better generally, boss is still an overtuned shitshow, but it isn't anything unmanageable.

It's a personal responsibility boss where the fight rests upon 3-4 people's shoulders as well as the personal accountability of people going down and doing well.

Basically your raid needs to be strong to kill the boss, or you will need 2-3 resets of gear to push him over.

Which I imagine will be most of the world that isn't in the raw 1%

Half the earth being stuck on the boss should make it obvious enough that the boss is difficult and more so for a 6th encounter.
(Some of which actually raid a shit ton and still stuck on the boss, like a certain unnamed but obvious NA guild)

The 2 bosses following him are miles easier if that means anything more to some people who other wise don't pay much attention to the progress race.

If you kill council you usually kill Kilrogg in the same night- if you kill gorefiend iskar falls over and socrethar isn't even close to being as difficult.

The instance is just weird and what I would call a tuning shitshow until you hit fel lord-tyrant and xhul on mythic.

Purdy

Progress makes things better generally, boss is still an overtuned shitshow, but it isn't anything unmanageable.

It's a personal responsibility boss where the fight rests upon 3-4 people's shoulders as well as the personal accountability of people going down and doing well.

Basically your raid needs to be strong to kill the boss, or you will need 2-3 resets of gear to push him over.

Which I imagine will be most of the world that isn't in the raw 1%

Half the earth being stuck on the boss should make it obvious enough that the boss is difficult and more so for a 6th encounter.
(Some of which actually raid a shit ton and still stuck on the boss, like a certain unnamed but obvious NA guild)

The 2 bosses following him are miles easier if that means anything more to some people who other wise don't pay much attention to the progress race.

If you kill council you usually kill Kilrogg in the same night- if you kill gorefiend iskar falls over and socrethar isn't even close to being as difficult.

The instance is just weird and what I would call a tuning shitshow until you hit fel lord-tyrant and xhul on mythic.

What guild you in?

Milennia

Solid progress :), seems you have no competition on the server, whats your aim for world ranking?

our aim is us top 10, which we get normally, so i guess you can say top 5 =p

it gets harder and harder each tier however, as many of the guilds above us (most if not all) especially this tier really pound on the hours.

Mass milling is easily the single best feature in Warlords of Draenor.

Convenient I guess, but opens up the already cutthroat glyph market to more people who weren't previously using tools like the CKS. Now there's less effort involved, less of a barrier to entry, prices should fall on all inscription-related items.

Speaking of, I miss prospecting for gems and that whole shuffle.

Hopefully the professions are better next expansion.

Convenient I guess, but opens up the already cutthroat glyph market to more people who weren't previously using tools like the CKS. Now there's less effort involved, less of a barrier to entry, prices should fall on all inscription-related items.

Speaking of, I miss prospecting for gems and that whole shuffle.

Hopefully the professions are better next expansion.

I don't miss prospecting at all, but I wish they'd have given professions more to do than 'produce shit on a long cooldown, make zero money.' Losing the RNG of what raw gems you got and when was a big improvement over the old system but what they replaced it with was a tangled Garrison waitfest.

Has anyone done RaF lately?

Can you RaF and take advantage of the sale that is going on right now?

Edit--My wife has a friend that is wanting to try a MMO. My wife was going to RaF her, then Gift her the base game (its 9.99 right now, all but WoD). Can this happen?

Has anyone done RaF lately?

Can you RaF and take advantage of the sale that is going on right now?

Edit--My wife has a friend that is wanting to try a MMO. My wife was going to RaF her, then Gift her the base game (its 9.99 right now, all but WoD). Can this happen?

Should be doable. I still have a spare account key in my email I was saving to RAF sometime.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That's pretty funny. Wildstar was talked up at the panels like "This aint your grandmas MMO" an obvious jab to WoW becoming "easier".

They never really hid the fact that they were making a game for all the hardcore players who felt spurned by Blizzard, ironic that he ended up on WoW, since I doubt any of the philosophy from Wildstar will make it into WoW.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't even know if I like the mechanics, there's a lot of repeating shit and gimmicks. Splitting the raid into different phases, pound AOE damage everywhere, and cleave adds all day.

The first half of the raid is really repetitive.

Semper88

I've missed WotLK and MoP and i want to see the zones so i'll stop dungeon crawling my way through levels and check out what I've missed.

Where do I go is the question, any advice because i haven't left orgri since like lvl 15 and I'm currently 64 XD

EmiPrime

I've missed WotLK and MoP and i want to see the zones so i'll stop dungeon crawling my way through levels and check out what I've missed.

Where do I go is the question, any advice because i haven't left orgri since like lvl 15 and I'm currently 64 XD

Nagrand.

How long does it take you to farm the rares that much? I have 3 total kills so far.

Well I farmed them all. You need the Jungle Stalker achievement as a prerequisite to port to the rare for the Predator title. Did it mostly over the course of a couple days, often with a partner. Really not that bad. They're mostly relatively quick respawns. Once you get the epic seeker crystal, it's pretty easy.

Just got Silthide. Goddamn this was a good week in WoW for me.
bts_lina.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sorry, let me be more clear.

I've played TBC and left there so I've seen Nagrand and all the 60 to 70 zones.

I wonder where the WotLK zones begin and how i get there. I imagine it starts from 70+
All zone intros spawn off Hero Boards in capital city hubs. Keep in mind that these are location based, so for Wrath content (if you are Horde) Undercity sends you to Howling Fjord and Orgrimmar sends you to Borean Tundra. Personally I'm a much bigger fan of Borean Tundra but I am probably an outlier. Grizzly Hill is also a much weaker experience for Horde than Alliance.

Shahadan

Shipyard
[Requires a realm restart] Upgrading to a Level 3 Shipyard now unlocks an additional Fleet Command Table at the player's Garrison town hall.

Yaaay no reason anymore to ever go to my shiny new shipyard!

wtf are they doing.
Would have made more sense to do it the other way around. A follower table at the shipyard (and a flymaster) would have made more sense.

Semper88

All zone intros spawn off Hero Boards in capital city hubs. Keep in mind that these are location based, so for Wrath content (if you are Horde) Undercity sends you to Howling Fjord and Orgrimmar sends you to Borean Tundra. Personally I'm a much bigger fan of Borean Tundra but I am probably an outlier. Grizzly Hill is also a much weaker experience for Horde than Alliance.

Thx for the heads up, I'll make sure to take up on your advice and go to the Borean Tundra.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's only a matter of time until Wrathion is so busy and important that he won't have time to explain why he doesn't have time to explain.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I just hit over one million wow gold! Upgrade items are starting to sell well now. Trying to think what i can spend all this on now.

StMeph

I just hit over one million wow gold! Upgrade items are starting to sell well now. Trying to think what i can spend all this on now.

Usually it comes down to:

1a. Make more gold
or
1b. Buy vanity items like TCG mounts/toys, BMAH things like removed-from game or rare raid drop mounts or T3 gear
or
2. Load up on WoW Tokens and have more game time than you actually care to play. Maybe for a couple of years.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wrathion's story will be covered in a chapter in an upcoming WoW novel, let's be real guys.

Speaking of - there hasn't been any new ones announced recently, has there???

Kinda want to hit 2mil gold, but I've spent about 150k since the patch dropped and am not exactly going back up very quickly. Though 50k of that was on WoW tokens.

StayDead

Hmm, I got a free 7 days through.

I would ask whether it's worth using or not, but I'd be lying as I'm already reinstalling the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Wrathion's story will be covered in a chapter in an upcoming WoW novel, let's be real guys.

Speaking of - there hasn't been any new ones announced recently, has there???

Hasn't been a new one related to WoD, released OR announced. The most we got was prequel comics/short stories on the website.

they clearly dont give a shit about the story anymore, its just there to frame the setting and character designs.

Hasn't been a new one related to WoD, released OR announced. The most we got was prequel comics/short stories on the website.

they clearly dont give a shit about the story anymore, its just there to frame the setting and character designs.

And that's a damn shame. Not that Blizzard has been telling the most amazing stories throughout the history of WoW, but I assume for the 12 million who were playing at Wrath's peak, seeing How It Ended for a story that had been building since Warcraft was an RTS was an undeniable draw.

I'm not the target audience for the novels or comics, but you get a lot out of an MMO if you feel like what you're doing has some kind of impact on the story. Watching the Sunwell get reconstructed at the end of TBC is a really emotional moment. "No king rules forever, my son." is glorious. Even smaller arcs like the rise and piteous fall of the Zandalari as slaves to the Mogu empire is a great touch. If they aren't even bothering with keeping up some semblance of lore because ultimately WoD is a big 'and then nothing happened and we all went home' then what's the hope for future expansions meeting any of the old standards that keep the community engaged with the brand?

StMeph

If they aren't even bothering with keeping up some semblance of lore because ultimately WoD is a big 'and then nothing happened and we all went home' then what's the hope for future expansions meeting any of the old standards that keep the community engaged with the brand?

I think they're running out of major lore points from earlier WCs to mine. Within WoW, they haven't spent enough time or writing on creating new plot points. Emerald Dream was handled in a pretty meh way. The only major thing I can think of still left hanging is N'zoth.

The stuff with Jaina and/or Sylvannas potentially blowing up and turning heel would be too similar to Garrosh to be meaningful. What else is there now?

Their new lore focus is probably the movie. Or they'll comarket with it. Who knows.

The movie is supposed to be much earlier in WarCraft lore, like WC1.

Hit the 40 kill mark on Lich King this week which is about a 1/3 chance to have seen Invincible by now. No mount yet. Still have Ulduar and Onyxia to run 5 times each though to see if the insane luck persists.

Top Bottom