• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

Druid is one of those classes I have never been able to get to, and never made it beyond 30 or so. I tried Feral and was all "Why am I not just playing on my rogue?". And I tried Balance and was all "Why am I not just playing on my mage?"

Maybe it doesn't feel this way so much anymore. It has been a few expansions since I gave it a go.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Druid is one of those classes I have never been able to get to, and never made it beyond 30 or so. I tried Feral and was all "Why am I not just playing on my rogue?". And I tried Balance and was all "Why am I not just playing on my mage?"

Maybe it doesn't feel this way so much anymore. It has been a few expansions since I gave it a go.

Those two are good examples of why this game is a poop rpg now.

Nudull

Banned

My brother used to be all about his Tauren druid back when he was heavily into the game, and I admit, the class does have a lot of appeal to me (why wouldn't you want to be a nature-empowered shapeshifter? :3). I ended up doing Demonology with my warlock, and it was pretty fun too, but it's been a long time since I last played. I feel like I should try something different so that coming back to WoW doesn't feel as awkward. I always keep coming back to magic users (first toon was an Undead Mage). :p

Nice meeting you by the way Robin, Dragon Punch. *waves*

WELP. My mount luck continues (though not exactly the mount I was looking for - on my way to Ulduar):

aC76Sh0.jpg

Never expected to get this mount. He was just flying there as I rounded the corner into Storm Peaks by the Temple of Storms on the map.

Pardon the messy UI, but it's not exactly configured to have NPCScan and loot rolls going off at the same time.

I felt feral had a real identity when it was about super bleeds, like early cata feral especially.

Last I played, it was more about your ferocious bites than rips in pvp, super lame, just a lamer sub rogue at that point.

I felt boomies were pretty unique last I played thought (mop).

Thought I'd press my luck and check other rare crap. Found a mysterious camel figurine on like the 3rd spot I visited. No dice though, just crumbled (I've had 3 or 4 at least like that.)

Tacitus_

Phew, spent the whole day camping shit and finished my last 20 or so rares in Tanaan. Tomorrow I'll get the birds exalted and should get the Predator title :D

Robin64

Incoming Mercenary Mode for PvP.

In an upcoming patch, we’ll be adding a feature that allows you to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP. Whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds, agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran (Stormshield for the Alliance, Warspear for the Horde). These agents will allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.

POA3AKLMFM9B1436899144150.jpg

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Question for anyone who has the legendary follower Garona. I'm starting to get really annoyed here feeling like I may have missed her. I did the Inside Job quest(were you move around in stealth and send her out to kill guards then spy on Gul'dun) but apparently I didn't notice that you had to speak to Garona after the quest to actually get her as a follower and so I left the area and continued on with the legendary quest( I'm now gathering Tomes of Chaos from Hellfire Citadel). So now I can't find her anywhere, did I miss out?

Robin64

Paste this ingame and see what comes up?

/run for k, v in pairs({ QuestCompleted = 37838}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

Milennia

Balance Druids are actually nothing like mages in terms of their utility outside of the fact that they both do damage.

Balance Druids can dot- do passive raid wide damage with starfall AND single target nuke something on demand, where as Mage is either ST (can be cleave if you have a specific trinket and that trinket procs when you want it to)/cleave or mass stacked aoe

They are extremely valuable.

We also have a main feral Druid on roster that swaps between balance or feral depending on the encounter.

They also scale extremely well with gear right now.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Question for anyone who has the legendary follower Garona. I'm starting to get really annoyed here feeling like I may have missed her. I did the Inside Job quest(were you move around in stealth and send her out to kill guards then spy on Gul'dun) but apparently I didn't notice that you had to speak to Garona after the quest to actually get her as a follower and so I left the area and continued on with the legendary quest( I'm now gathering Tomes of Chaos from Hellfire Citadel). So now I can't find her anywhere, did I miss out?

Shes where Khadgar was, in his swampy area in his tower. I made the same mistake. You're welcome :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hopefully it's an indicator that they realize there is a major faction imbalance and are working to fix it.

That mode better have those masks on the agents.

Would be awesome if yourself and your team viewed your character as original + mask, but the opposing faction saw you as the proper race.

lazygecko

I wonder how the dynamics of AV and IoC will change, if at all, with Mercenary mode. In that case I think it would have been both easier and more interesting to just force surplus Alliance players over to the Horde side.

arimanius

FxKGwgu.png

My keybinds feel so clustered

Hello fellow shadow priest!

Mine's not as neatly organized as yours. I have one vertical line next to my toon (CD based) , and then 4 bars at the very bottom. I like how you organized yours, though.

(That's Bartender, right? I use it too.)

So how are you guys like shadow priest? I have a 100 Mage and 100 shadow priest and trying to figure out which one to main. Having a tough time deciding.

So how are you guys like shadow priest? I have a 100 Mage and 100 shadow priest and trying to figure out which one to main. Having a tough time deciding.

I actually hadn't capped this guy since TBC, since I dislike shadow quite a bit back then. I PVPed a bit in Vanilla, got a scout title, and called it a day. Now that I'm playing him again, I prefer it to my mainstays rogue and warrior. It's a fun, different playstyle that feels rewarding.

Plus, Forsaken casting animations are sick.

arimanius

I actually hadn't capped this guy since TBC, since I dislike shadow quite a bit back then. I PVPed a bit in Vanilla, got a scout title, and called it a day. Now that I'm playing him again, I prefer it to my mainstays rogue and warrior. It's a fun, different playstyle that feels rewarding.

Plus, Forsaken casting animations are sick.

I do like the dot playstyle. I don't know if I'm a big fan of CoP. It's definitely fun in PvP.

I think shadow priests are great because you play multiple roles and have OP self heals, but I think mages tend to do more dps?

Spriest has definitely grown on me. Single target and multitarget are both strong.

I have a hard time with my spriest as compared to my Mage when it comes to single target and multi target. Mage is just easier and seems to bring more utility too. I do love the spriest execute, off heals, and DP is nice. Wish they had a little more flavor to them.

Trokil

Banned
Finally 100!

...Now what?

- Go to Tanaan get your 650, 675 and 695 gear there

- Kill as many rares as possible to get gear fast.

- There several quests available to get more apexis and some of the daily apexis quests are actually quite fun

- You can collect a lot of toys and pets, the Pokémon aspect of game is quite good now. Gotta catch em all

Trokil

Banned

Robin64

I would say they won't do more AU, except for the fact we have a movie coming out and this is a perfect way to get us in those movie locations without having something new happen to them on our Azeroth.

Top Bottom