• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Tenebrous

And if you don't have a friend on the alliance side, you can just make a toon there yourself, send it a BoA guild tabard, vendor it, and list on the AH for one of your horde friends to buy on your behalf.

(At this point I don't know why they don't just legalize sending gold/items between toons of different factions).

Ostinatto

Yeah i just got the shirt, but i have another problem now. ....

If a wear the shirt only, the sleeves are visible. but if i wear wrists or gloves, the sleeves dissapear, so i need invisible wrist and gloves or some kind?

3aQXT5k.png

Damn you RNG. Got 2 rattling cages on back to back kills. First one was the icehoof, which I needed. 2nd one was... icehoof again. :(. Still need that third bastard. I really like the medallions though. Im exalted with all but 2 factions.

iirate

Does anyone have any advice for finding a raiding guild that's free of slurs and horribly bigoted humor? It's not too hard to find guilds that focus on a "family friendly" environment, but finding raiding guilds that are serious about tolerance and emphasize it are rare.

I normally ask about the "atmosphere" of guilds when I'm considering joining, but I had to leave my new raiding guild last night because the dominant brand of humor wasn't something I was interested in tolerating.

Tenebrous

Does anyone have any advice for finding a raiding guild that's free of slurs and horribly bigoted humor? It's not too hard to find guilds that focus on a "family friendly" environment, but finding raiding guilds that are serious about tolerance and emphasize it are rare.

I normally ask about the "atmosphere" of guilds when I'm considering joining, but I had to leave my new raiding guild last night because the dominant brand of humor wasn't something I was interested in tolerating.

Have you tried the LFG section of the official forums? I know transfers are expensive, but a good guild is worth the money.

iirate

Have you tried the LFG section of the official forums? I know transfers are expensive, but a good guild is worth the money.

I've only checked for my servers so far(US Area 52 Horde & Proudmoore Alliance). I just transferred my monk to Area 52 for this new guild(most of my other characters were there already), but I'd consider going somewhere else as well(although my 5 alts would likely stay behind).

Tenebrous

Is there a majority Gaffer guild EU side? Currently looking for a guild, its just strange to see no green chat...

It's weird. None of my good friends from Vanilla-Wrath play anymore, so I just threw all my toons in a guild so at least I have a guild bank.

Lonely times :'[

Does anyone have a lvl 60 only guild? Coming back to wow casually , just broke the wrist on my main hand so ill be leveling slowly 1 handed with my bad hand... Might be awhile until I can actually play together at 60. idc about real or faction , us btw

Officially "unlucky" according to Rarity when it comes to Onyxia. 70+ attempts, no mount yet.

In other news, finally got the Breaker Two mission on my Hunter, so that's a Coalfist Gronnling mount.

It a bit of a poetic ending, I got my last hellbane mount last night. It was on my last kill of the last character for the night. It took around 80ish kills, only got 4 cages. Ill probably still keep killing them to try and sell medallions since I don't need them anymore. The only faction left is Laughing Skull, they are just under revered. I can grind that out in a weekend or two.

I guess its time to start working on glory to panda raider and finish TI rep. I hope Hulon is soloable. Id like to get that mount.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All these threads on mmochampion about a potential Gamescom announcement of the next expansion are breaking my heart, because even though it would clearly be the best cased scenario for both players and Blizzard if they did the reveal (and thus beta) ASAP, I'm sure we a wont see anything about until Blizzcon.

Tenebrous

Anyone fancy doing WSG on lowbie Horde toons? My hunter is level 12 at the moment with all the BoAs and BiS enchants, and it's a pretty fun way to get HKs without having to worry about endgame balance.

Still wouldn't mind finding a couple of people for this. I have a priest at level 10 with full BiS enchants and my hunter is now finally level 14 (disengage)! Should only cost you about 2k to kit your toon out, and yeah, it's fun.

All these threads on mmochampion about a potential Gamescom announcement of the next expansion are breaking my heart, because even though it would clearly be the best cased scenario for both players and Blizzard if they did the reveal (and thus beta) ASAP, I'm sure we a wont see anything about until Blizzcon.

My expectations are zero.

strafer

I love all the "leak" threads.

Man I'm leveling an Alliance DK and I got to Northrend and it's just the worst, even if the quests are different. Doesn't help that I'm poor on the server and don't have epic flying because of it.

If I had the spare cash I'd definitely boost to 90 and buy myself a WoW token worth of gold, but then you're like, holy shit that's $80. Would be cheaper to transfer and faction change my main DK if I was really committed. But the point is to have a second DK that's separate from my main - just ran out of room on my primary server. The thing I'm not looking forward to is catching up on gear/legendary ring at 100 if I make it that far.

And I'm out of BoA XP pots which I used two of iirc last time I did Northrend QQ

Robin64

Starting the legendary questline at this point wouldn't even be that bad, thanks to the lack of actual content patches WoD has had. Starting the cloak in the final patch of MoP might've sucked, but there's not a lot to do for the ring in this expansion really. Even the 900 stones part is drastically sped up thanks to missions popping a lot more in the Garrison and Shipyard.

traveler

Not Wario
Blizzard has to be revealing something at Gamescom, given the size of their presence there. The Diablo expac feels like a better fit for an outside convention/a WoW expac for Blizzcon, but timing wise, the opposite feels better. Diablo is getting a huge patch soon, while this expansion is on its last legs, so it WoW could definitely use earlier press.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizzard has to be revealing something at Gamescom, given the size of their presence there. The Diablo expac feels like a better fit for an outside convention/a WoW expac for Blizzcon, but timing wise, the opposite feels better. Diablo is getting a huge patch soon, while this expansion is on its last legs, so it WoW could definitely use earlier press.

Yeah, D3 is getting like its best patch ever shortly, now isn't really the ideal time to announce the next expansion.

Anoregon

Couldn't it just be Overwatch?

Sure, and it probably will, tbh. It would just be good if it was a WoW expansion because it would give me some hope that it would actually be released sometime before Fall 2016.

Starting the legendary questline at this point wouldn't even be that bad, thanks to the lack of actual content patches WoD has had. Starting the cloak in the final patch of MoP might've sucked, but there's not a lot to do for the ring in this expansion really. Even the 900 stones part is drastically sped up thanks to missions popping a lot more in the Garrison and Shipyard.

I suppose.

The other reason I'm leveling a second DK is that I'm tentatively looking at other guilds, either to have a second raid team, or possibly move my main since otherwise the team I'm on (that did finish SoO mind you) only does Friday/Saturday raids, 6 hours a week, which I feel is too limited for the type of progression I'm interested in and have time for at the moment. Though I do enjoy the people dearly.

However, for any serious guild that's equal/better than what I currently have, my parses at the moment are low, which I think is mostly a factor of gear (lacking weapons/tier/trinkets), especially since I skipped BRF, I'm not coming in with Mythic trinkets/tier/etc. that people of similar iLvl would have. So I'm sort of in a Catch-22 in that I'm thinking of leaving, but can't really until I soak up enough gear that my numbers are respectable. Cause I know for a fact, guilds generally want raiders who don't need much gear/already parse high if they can help it. And I don't think my history of high blues/purples/the occasional orange rank in SoO helps much at this point in WoD.

That's an optimistic approach :)

I must say I don't share the same optimism. I almost have the legendary ring on my main, but I gave up on all my alts lol

Ark

Sure, and it probably will, tbh. It would just be good if it was a WoW expansion because it would give me some hope that it would actually be released sometime before Fall 2016.

I'd love for it to be a new expansion announcement, with a full blow-out at Blizzcon (which would 100% make the most sense for sure), but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Reading the MMO-Champion forums is hilarious though.

I suppose.

The other reason I'm leveling a second DK is that I'm tentatively looking at other guilds, either to have a second raid team, or possibly move my main since otherwise the team I'm on (that did finish SoO mind you) only does Friday/Saturday raids, 6 hours a week, which I feel is too limited for the type of progression I'm interested in and have time for at the moment. Though I do enjoy the people dearly.

However, for any serious guild that's equal/better than what I currently have, my parses at the moment are low, which I think is mostly a factor of gear (lacking weapons/tier/trinkets), especially since I skipped BRF, I'm not coming in with Mythic trinkets/tier/etc. that people of similar iLvl would have. So I'm sort of in a Catch-22 in that I'm thinking of leaving, but can't really until I soak up enough gear that my numbers are respectable. Cause I know for a fact, guilds generally want raiders who don't need much gear/already parse high if they can help it. And I don't think my history of high blues/purples/the occasional orange rank in SoO helps much at this point in WoD.

Curious. How come you are leveling a 2nd DK?

Is the server with your main dying?

Tenebrous

These devs are useless.

"[Hotfix in testing] All healing and damage absorption has been reduced by 15% in PvP combat."

No wonder people want Holina fired.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So...wait...Battle Fatigue again?

Why are these balance fixes so crazy and random? it's like someone trying to stack pieces on top of a jenga that's already fallen over.

Tenebrous

So...wait...Battle Fatigue again?

Why are these balance fixes so crazy and random? it's like someone trying to stack pieces on top of a jenga that's already fallen over.

They're not even fixes. They're non-fixes even my dad (a practically non-gamer who's never tried an MMO in his life) could come up with.

Dad, the healers are doing too much healing in PvP!
"Well, reduce the amount they can heal."
Wow! Thanks dad!

Ark

I have a question:

When I resubbed on Sunday I used my character boost on a totally new char & realm (Outlands EU) that some friends are on, the in-game realm list says its a high-pop realm, but wowprogress says it only has 6.2k pop - one of the lowest in EU...does anyone know what's up with that?

These devs are useless.

"[Hotfix in testing] All healing and damage absorption has been reduced by 15% in PvP combat."

No wonder people want Holina fired.

From what I heard from people who still play (holy paladin) healing was a bit much.

But battlefatigue is the laziest worst way to handle it.

Typical holinka.

I have a question:

When I resubbed on Sunday I used my character boost on a totally new char & realm (Outlands EU) that some friends are on, the in-game realm list says its a high-pop realm, but wowprogress says it only has 6.2k pop - one of the lowest in EU...does anyone know what's up with that?

According to realmpop, it has the most population of the EU servers.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
How does the win 4 battleground weekend quest work? Can I do it once or will it pop up each day during the weekend event?

Combat Rogues should no longer receive daggers via Personal Loot or Bonus Roll.

Well that's a stupid fucking change. Rogues have since vanilla specced into the strongest weapons they can get, now I have to change my loot spec at every boss in case they drop daggers or non-dagger agility one handers if I want to keep up with the rest of my guild's upgrade progress.

Anoregon

Well that's a stupid fucking change. Rogues have since vanilla specced into the strongest weapons they can get, now I have to change my loot spec at every boss in case they drop daggers or non-dagger agility one handers if I want to keep up with the rest of my guild's upgrade progress.

I think it's a reasonable change. It gives rogues the option to only go for non-dagger items off a boss if they don't want the dagger. It's not like changing loot specs is particularly onerous.

Top Bottom