• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Well that's a stupid fucking change. Rogues have since vanilla specced into the strongest weapons they can get, now I have to change my loot spec at every boss in case they drop daggers or non-dagger agility one handers if I want to keep up with the rest of my guild's upgrade progress.

Yeah not really. If you want daggers as a combat rogue, just select Assassination loot spec. You get all the same stuff anyway. Do any bosses drop both agi dagger and agi axe/mace?

I wish I could force either getting a staff or a 1-hander off bosses.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya, Mamytwink (basically french MMOchampion, I think?) was invited to the presser. Sounds good, but I'm still trying to not to get my hopes up.

I know there's no reason for it, but the race I most wanted added as playable is Ethereal. They were such a cool, out-of-nowhere addition to the Warcraft universe in BC. It's funny how these days it seems people will complain about every little thing that doesn't have existing lore precedent, but no one batted an eye at energy space mummies.

Ark

A new xpac announcement at Gamescom is looking even more possible. There is an invitation only press conference for Blizzard on August 5th, at least one WoW fansite has confirmed to be invited. Reaper of Souls was announced in a similar fashion.

Press schedule: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/red...loads_21/pdf_26/presse_22/pressetermine_2.pdf

More info: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1822797-Gamescom-X6

It would absolutely hilarious if they pull a bait-and-switch announcing Diablo 3 xpac at Gamescom and leaving WoW until Blizzcon.

Whatever they announce I'll be very sensitive to the fact that WoD was $50 and if that pricing continues I'll cast a very baleful eye on future purchases at MSRP. If Overwatch is F2P I'll wait for the LotV battlechest to go on sale and just skip WoW's expansions going forward, because I'll be pretty much done giving Blizz full retail money.

Tenebrous

Whatever they announce I'll be very sensitive to the fact that WoD was $50 and if that pricing continues I'll cast a very baleful eye on future purchases at MSRP. If Overwatch is F2P I'll wait for the LotV battlechest to go on sale and just skip WoW's expansions going forward, because I'll be pretty much done giving Blizz full retail money.

You say that now, but when D3xp2 comes out, you'll be just like the rest of us.

Or maybe that's just me. Personally, WoD is the only Blizzard game I feel hard done by, while everything else they've done has been some of the most value for money investments I've ever made.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You say that now, but when D3xp2 comes out, you'll be just like the rest of us.

Or maybe that's just me. Personally, WoD is the only Blizzard game I feel hard done by, while everything else they've done has been some of the most value for money investments I've ever made.

Well, WoD had the combo of being both highly disappointing AND more expensive. If it was $50 and good people wouldn't really care, but yeah price is definitely going to be a factor for the next expansion. My assumption is that $50 is the new standard and they will throw in gimmicks to justify it (like a level boost), but I wouldn't be surprised if they just say fuck it, you paid $50 once and you'll keep doing it.

D3 Vanilla burned me real hard, probably the most disappointed/let down I have ever been with a game, but it at least as improved substantially.

Lomax

The $50 is a huge deal. No one is going to be cool with spending $50 on expansions every year, even if they get them out that fast. Not when it seems like they have drastically less content. And the PC market is just getting more and more competitive, price wise. I know Blizzard lives in a bit of a bubble, but everyone these days has some games on Steam and knows what $50 will get.

I think the best PR move that Blizzard could do would be to announce the next expansion, and make it free. I feel like that could drive subscriptions back up and win them some good will, especially if they get it out quickly. They could still do retail box collector's editions. Seems pretty unlikely though.

StMeph

Personally, WoD is the only Blizzard game I feel hard done by, while everything else they've done has been some of the most value for money investments I've ever made.

D3 Vanilla burned me real hard, probably the most disappointed/let down I have ever been with a game, but it at least as improved substantially.

Blizzard's recent tracklist hasn't been very encouraging at all, at least to me.

- StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
- Diablo 3
- StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
- World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor

All terrible. Reaper of Souls has been the only great product. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are okay.

ZenaxPure

I think the best PR move that Blizzard could do would be to announce the next expansion, and make it free. I feel like that could drive subscriptions back up and win them some good will, especially if they get it out quickly. They could still do retail box collector's editions. Seems pretty unlikely though.

I agree, the next expansion really should be free. WoD has burned too many people and even if the next expansion is fan-fucking-tastic plenty of people will be more hesitant to try it, especially if they are going to slap another $50 price tag on it.

Don't see it happening obviously but it would be the smart PR move.

Tenebrous

Well, WoD had the combo of being both highly disappointing AND more expensive. If it was $50 and good people wouldn't really care, but yeah price is definitely going to be a factor for the next expansion. My assumption is that $50 is the new standard and they will throw in gimmicks to justify it (like a level boost), but I wouldn't be surprised if they just say fuck it, you paid $50 once and you'll keep doing it.

Blizzard's recent tracklist hasn't been very encouraging at all, at least to me.

- StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
- Diablo 3
- StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
- World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor

All terrible. Reaper of Souls has been the only great product. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are okay.

You say that, but D3 vanilla was so fucking bad that I didn't even buy RoS.

I guess what I'm saying is that WoD has been as disappointing as vanilla D3.

I guess my Vanilla D3 experience was somewhat less grating because I got it for free through the annual pass. Honestly, after 1.0.4 (I think - the Paragon patch), I found vanilla D3 to be alright. Not great thanks to the RMAH design, but still.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This is what happens when people start buying the store mounts and pets.

Why bother with making the game good if they can just make as much money by selling mounts?

This is what happens when people start buying the store mounts and pets.

Why bother with making the game good if they can just make as much money by selling mounts?

This still annoys me. Only pets I'd even consider buying now are the charity ones.

The fact that they CLEARLY cut content to sell on the store bothers me the most.

Laughing Skull rep mount? Eh, we'll just sell the Grinning Reaver for money. Take a wolf even though the Laughing Skull don't use 'em!

Anoregon

The fact that they CLEARLY cut content to sell on the store bothers me the most.

Laughing Skull rep mount? Eh, we'll just sell the Grinning Reaver for money. Take a wolf even though the Laughing Skull don't use 'em!

Yeah, that's real shitty. Those flying ravagers were clearly set up to be a Draenor-specific flying mount and they just went "lol naa give me da cash"

I'm surprised they even threw us a free Rylak with the pathfinding achievement.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
And all you would hear since they added the celestial steed is just:
Well if you don't like them then just don't buy them!

I didn't. But I still don't get anything other than 3-4 boars/clefthooves/wolves/talbuks for my troubles by doing the reps.

Having Micro-transactions in a f2p game is one thing, having them in a sub-based game is another. Everyone should have 100% of the same things available to them no matter what. Paying extra shouldn't be an option.

I would buy some of the store mounts/pets if I could do it with WoW tokens. What I'd really be into though is account/character services for WoW tokens.

Alliance DK is up to 86, but I've hit the Valley of the Four Winds slow down. Not sure if I want to go into dungeons to skip some of MoP questing, cause I don't really like those either at this point.

Once I hit 90 things will be interesting cause I've never done the Alliance side garrison/SMV questing. Might play out the whole zone just to see the quests.

Anoregon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnhChWHGH0

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

My current token-purchased sub is up in 4 days and I dont know if I want to bother grabbing another just to finish the ring on one of my chars. I have over 200k myself (not a lot by current standards, but enough), and a buddy with literally millions of gold who would buy me a token, but GAEM NEED 2 B MOAR FUN IMO

Tenebrous

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

My current token-purchased sub is up in 4 days and I dont know if I want to bother grabbing another just to finish the ring on one of my chars. I have over 200k myself (not a lot by current standards, but enough), and a buddy with literally millions of gold who would buy me a token, but GAEM NEED 2 B MOAR FUN IMO

Ahh, that investor call is going to be incredibly fun. Under 6m, or will the WoW token save it?

Auctopus

I've slowly been joining WOW again after leaving during but before the end of Cata. I'm only playing the Starter Edition atm, levelling up a few characters to 20 before I sub.

My question is, I keep noticing low-level players with some sort of a Mech-hog with a butler and sidecar...

What is that? Do you buy that? That sucks if so. I remember me and my friend spending a while getting all the parts for the Gyrocopter and Mecha-hog during Burning Crusade now you can just buy something pretty similar?

Fjordson

I've slowly been joining WOW again after leaving during but before the end of Cata. I'm only playing the Starter Edition atm, levelling up a few characters to 20 before I sub.

My question is, I keep noticing low-level players with some sort of a Mech-hog with a butler and sidecar...

What is that? Do you buy that? That sucks if so. I remember me and my friend spending a while getting all the parts for the Gyrocopter and Mecha-hog during Burning Crusade now you can just buy something pretty similar?
Is it this?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=122703/chauffeured-chopper#reward-from-a

Reward for collecting 35 heirlooms.

Auctopus

If you have your old account, log onto every character you ever had. They will auto add heirlooms to your account if you have them on a toon.

Stuff is now account-wide, so if you collect 35 heirlooms across your entire account, you'll get it.

I'm using a new Battle.net account for the Starter Edition (an account I use for Hearthstone). I still have access to my old account (Level 89 Blood Elf Hunter) and I was thinking of doing an character account swap when I re-sub to swap him to my new account. I'm not sure how buying games works when swapping Battle.net accounts though, I'll probably have to re-buy the games.

Ark

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

What.

My end-of-WOTLK main has ~70k gold and my new WOD-boost Druid has ~7k gold.

I'm not used to being so poor.

Anoregon

He's had a "little brother" (bot) play all day for a really long time. He was making 30k+ a day off felblight the first few weeks after 6.2

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just casually doing profession dailies and garrison missions has netted me almost 2m gold since March. I can play for years.

But I probably won't.

6 bosses, 2 tomes, RIP.

And this pissed me off a bit (though it may have been a mistake, I'm not entirely sure):

They gave a heroic tier helm to someone already with a normal tier helm and 2-set, while I'm sitting without any tier at all. Yeah....IDK. Albeit the helm I would be replacing was a 716 HWF one, but the only reason I have that is cause no one else wanted it and it was up to me to DE otherwise. But yeah...still can't do my job effectively and it's getting annoying. Doesn't put me in a good mood, that's for sure.

My buying the next expansion (I bought every CE up through WoD) depends on them returning to MoP LFR support -- both difficulty- and tier-gear-wise. I also hope they don't do another garrison. At first I loved it but then it eventually became the game for me.

My buying the next expansion (I bought every CE up through WoD) depends on them returning to MoP LFR support -- both difficulty- and tier-gear-wise. I also hope they don't do another garrison. At first I loved it but then it eventually became the game for me.

Having tier gear with the same proper set bonuses from a mode that isn't the same proper gameplay never made sense to me and it appears it no longer makes sense to Blizzard, either. If you want the tier gear, it's incredibly easy to pug normal modes, and probably takes less time in total than LFR when you include queues and bad groups.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Them nullifying LFR drops is probably the one good thing this expansion. Normal and up raiders aren't 'forced' to do it anymore.

Of course there are people who still want LFR rewards, but it's now quicker to do Normal mode than it is to do LFR, I don't know why people bother with it at all.

lazygecko

Solo Razorgore easily using this one weird trick

Mostly did this as an excuse to get more comfortable with my recording/"acting" voice for video narration in general. I'll never shed my blatant Scandinavian accent, but I it's at least articulate and easy to understand I hope.

I'll probably keep making WoW guides though. I think there's a lack of video guides that aren't filled with a bunch of fluff getting in the way of the information you want. Quick, informal videos that get straight to the point are probably a niche I could fill.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Having tier gear with the same proper set bonuses from a mode that isn't the same proper gameplay never made sense to me and it appears it no longer makes sense to Blizzard, either. If you want the tier gear, it's incredibly easy to pug normal modes, and probably takes less time in total than LFR when you include queues and bad groups.

Every time I join a normal PUG the raid leader is always some raging psycho. I miss the old LFR.

Tenebrous

Mostly did this as an excuse to get more comfortable with my recording/"acting" voice for video narration in general. I'll never shed my blatant Scandinavian accent, but I it's at least articulate and easy to understand I hope.

I'll probably keep making WoW guides though. I think there's a lack of video guides that aren't filled with a bunch of fluff getting in the way of the information you want. Quick, informal videos that get straight to the point are probably a niche I could fill.

Cheers for that! Pretty neat little trick.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Every time I join a normal PUG the raid leader is always some raging psycho. I miss the old LFR.

Make your own then. =p

This is really good.

If you're worried about an accent, don't be. Nobbel is great and his accent is way strong.

Tenebrous

Anyone got some transmog ideas for a Tauren Enhancement Shaman? I like the look of my BS hammers as they are, but none of the tier sets are really calling out to me at the moment. I'm usually pretty good with mogging, but I've no experience at all with mail gear.

Anoregon

lazygecko

Anyone got some transmog ideas for a Tauren Enhancement Shaman? I like the look of my BS hammers as they are, but none of the tier sets are really calling out to me at the moment. I'm usually pretty good with mogging, but I've no experience at all with mail gear.

What kind of theme are you looking to evoke? Something Tauren-specific? Since you said none of the tier sets suit you, I'm guessing it isn't a tribal look you're going for.

Tenebrous

Haha, I'm at Sind right now after deciding hey, T10.5 looks alright! Just confirms my thoughts, hehe.

What kind of theme are you looking to evoke? Something Tauren-specific? Since you said none of the tier sets suit you, I'm guessing it isn't a tribal look you're going for.

Just wanna look big and strong. T10.5, perhaps with some tweaks, looks like the way to go for now.

lazygecko

Level 30-60 vanilla BoE greens are a treasure trove for transmog foundations I think. What's particularly great for shamans (and hunters) is that a lot of mail in that level range has more of a sturdy plate look to it. I usually pick a chest+legs base and then mix and match with whatever might fit in with the overall tone of those.

You can browse through a gallery using Wowhead and filters:

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets?filter=minrl=30;maxrl=60;cl=7;cr=10;crs=1;crv=0

MoveAnything currently seems to have a bug with the Alternative Power Counter Bar. Defaults it to off the screen. You can fix it for a session and through /reload, but it resets off the screen upon a logout.

:/

Some of the newer 3D belt models are quite nice. Really happy with how well the current honor one goes with the S9 hunter set.

beltlij7q.jpg

As someone who's still interested in keeping tabs on the lore, how exactly does the Burning Legion relate to the whole multi-verse time travel thing they have going on? You would think that if connecting through the multiverse was this easy, then presumably one of the infinite variations of Sargeras and the Burning Legion would have figured out how to do it no?

Similar issue with the whole ending to 6.2, which I'll spoiler just in case:
Gul'dan appears to have been sent to that universe's version of the Twisting Nether has he not? So why's Khadgar being all grumpy when he's about to go back to his own universe where none of this even matters in the first place? If anything, it's alternate Draenor that still has to worry about alternate Medivh running around on alternate Azeroth doing alternate Sargeras' bidding. From Khadgar's perspective, nothing has changed whatsoever in his home universe.

Top Bottom