• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizz has stated they regret the concept of hero classes.

Plus starting a character at level 100? When they can charge 60 for you to boost one instead?

Ark

Does the game actually need any more classes or races? There are so many already.

That said, I'd really like another neutral/choose your side race like the Pandaren.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does the game actually need any more classes or races? There are so many already.

That said, I'd really like another neutral/choose your side race like the Pandaren.
I want new classes. Blizzard doesn't seem to want to fix the old ones, and they do better with a fresh slate. Same kind of goes for new races. The revamps on the old ones are really held back by adhering to the original models, particularly when it comes to animations. Goblins and Worgen still could use an update though so I don't expect much.

Tenebrous

New classes, no. What's the point when Blizzard just make everything similar in the end anyway.

New races? Absolutely!

Nudull

Banned
I want new classes. Blizzard doesn't seem to want to fix the old ones, and they do better with a fresh slate. Same kind of goes for new races. The revamps on the old ones are really held back by adhering to the original models, particularly when it comes to animations. Goblins and Worgen still could use an update though so I don't expect much.

Yeah, I'd rather see Blizzard tweak some classes and make them fresher than just add to the pile. Totally cool with new races, though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I'm all for new races and classes. We could get a pet-less bow/gun class, a cloth melee, a steampunk/tinker type, etc. There's plenty of options out there. New classes are a huge selling point for a lot of folks, they are one of the biggest new expansion features available.

And yes, more neutral races. Ethereal plz.

After WoD having neither, the next expansion will almost definitely have either 2 new races or a new class (With possibly a neutral race.) I'd also be cool with a neutral race and some sort of major addition to the existing classes, like 4th specs or whatever.

lazygecko

It feels like it's high time we got a new profession in the game. Last one was inscription in WotLK. There's probably more untapped niches to fill there than trying to shoehorn another class or new specs into the game.

If you want to bring something new to the class aspect, I think some of the ideas we saw for level 100 talent completely changing the dynamic of a class is an interesting foundation that can be iterated further upon. Hunters got a talent that makes them pet-less, and warriors got Gladiator stance for an offensive 1h+shield playstyle. Would like to see that for more classes, like finally being able to turn holy paladins into legit shockadins.

Tenebrous

It feels like it's high time we got a new profession in the game. Last one was inscription in WotLK. There's probably more untapped niches to fill there than trying to shoehorn another class or new specs into the game.

If you want to bring something new to the class aspect, I think some of the ideas we saw for level 100 talent completely changing the dynamic of a class is an interesting foundation that can be iterated further upon. Hunters got a talent that makes them pet-less, and warriors got Gladiator stance for an offensive 1h+shield playstyle. Would like to see that for more classes, like finally being able to turn holy paladins into legit shockadins.

New professions is a good shout. I'd like something REALLY time consuming, kinda like Woodcutting/Fishing on RuneScape. Something you can just zone out and do for hours at a time.

It's definitely time we could have more than two professions per character, also. And I'm all for making professions more time consuming and difficult to level again. All this stupid 10 levels per craft bollocks needs to go away.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Me'dan is almost like an intentional troll. "Oh, so you think Thrall is a mary sue? We'll show you a mary sue!"

iirate

Blizz has stated they regret the concept of hero classes.

Plus starting a character at level 100? When they can charge 60 for you to boost one instead?

I always took that to mean that they regretted hero classes as they originally presented them, given that they haven't referred to DKs as a "hero class" in a long, long time. I didn't take it that a class starting at a higher level was the issue, rather that hero classes were originally supposed to be more complex and aimed specifically at "experienced" players.

New professions is a good shout. I'd like something REALLY time consuming, kinda like Woodcutting/Fishing on RuneScape. Something you can just zone out and do for hours at a time.

It's definitely time we could have more than two professions per character, also. And I'm all for making professions more time consuming and difficult to level again. All this stupid 10 levels per craft bollocks needs to go away.

I wouldn't mind a new profession, but I don't really think we need one. I think making gathering professions baseline(ala first aid, fishing, cooking, archy) would be very welcome at this stage of the game. It would allow people to obtain their own mats for their professions without having everything centralized in a garrison again.

Anoregon

The game is still missing a third mail class.

Purely for item parity/competition purposes, I would expect the next class to be an Agi mail hybrid that has a 2H melee dps spec, tank spec, and ranged spec with guns/bows. Only one class uses ranged weapons, and only two use agi 2handers. Since main stat doesn't matter on armor anymore (every mail piece is both agi and int), the need for another int mail spec doesn't really exist anymore.

Tenebrous

I wouldn't mind a new profession, but I don't really think we need one. I think making gathering professions baseline(ala first aid, fishing, cooking, archy) would be very welcome at this stage of the game. It would allow people to obtain their own mats for their professions without having everything centralized in a garrison again.

Doesn't Guild Wars 2 do this? Definitely seems like a logical change... I mean, how hard can it be to cultivate some Peacebloom?

Zelias

Banned
Rösti;173110457 said:
Had a closer look at this "Council of Glaves" thing. It has in the uploaded PDF (of reports) the same client reference (683706 LXT/FJU/jnf) as a Warlords of Draenor filing from 2013: http://www.iponz.govt.nz/app/Extra/IP/Mutual/Browse.aspx?sid=635736543643806285

Seems like fakewich with a delicioux hoax spread.
To be honest the name screams fake to me because it just sounds... odd. 'Council of Glades' is presumably referring to Tirisfal Glades, in which case 'Council of the Glades' would sound better.

JSoup

Banned
Council of Glades immediately struck me as a D3 thing.

He's uhh borrowing it. I didn't know Med'an was supposed to have it though, so the more they ignore his ass the better.

He doesn't have it, he used it. The raven topper was the only part left and contained the last of Medivh's essence. It lead Med'an to Karazhan, where a vision of Medivh was like "I'm going to show you where you come from and explain what a Guardian is, then both the staff and I will be gone for good."

The whole thing is dumb, but I wouldn't mind seeing Meryl Felstorm in game, even if only as a reference. Sort of an interesting character.

Robin64

Two more reasons the Council of Glades thing is fake, apparently.

Firstly, it was filed on Saturday with an office that isn't open a Saturday. And secondly, the PDF was created in a program different to the one that office uses.

Ah well.

Nudull

Banned
Are there really any major races that could realistically be made playable, at this point? Sure, there's the Ethereal, maybe, but I'm drawing blanks.

Anoregon

Are there really any major races that could realistically be made playable, at this point? Sure, there's the Ethereal, maybe, but I'm drawing blanks.

Ethereal
Ogre
Arrokoa (why not, yolo)
I'd even be tempted to say Furbolg if it weren't for Pandaren already filling the bear-man niche.
Mother fuckin TUSKARR, YO!

Also, they could totally pull a new race out of nowhere. I mean, if Ethereals were playable in BC, there would have been absolutely no lore precedent for the race even existing and it still would have worked. Maybe in an "assault the burning legion" expansion we end up on another world that is warring with the legion and there are races we have never seen there that join us.

Robin64

Hey, remember how the Taunka are part of the Horde? It'd be nice to see those guys again. Heck, one of the problems I have with expansions is that races are generally ignored after that expansion. A bunch of Taunka should've come back from Northrend. Some Kaluak too, to explore strange new fishing spots. I appreciate we got their nets on ships at least.

Anoregon

Well, Taunka gets into the whole thing with subraces. Virtually ever playable race has a version or close off-shoot in the game that would make sense to have an aesthetic option for that race, but Blizz still hasn't bothered to pull the trigger on it.

You've got brown orcs, the various dwarves, Taunka, leper gnomes, undead of races other than human (high/blood elf primarily, I guess)

I guess the main issue (aside from it requiring dev work) is that since they don't have a clean cut subrace option for every existing race, they don't want to implement something that seems to favor or exclude any particular race. I mean, What would you do for Human or Night Elf?

Robin64

There is one in Pandaria, or so I recall.

Yeah, there is, one lone Tuskarr. Apparently the rest of his kind disagree with his decision to look for new fish, heh.

I actually liked the introduction of transmog, void storage etc too, because it meant we have an Ethereal presence outside of Outland.

Anoregon

Imagine if Pandaren weren't actually playable, and MoP gave Jinyu to the Alliance and Hozen to the Horde.

I would Ook so many dookers on my Hozen rogue

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they really should make the "new recruited races" as aesthetic options

if i was going to guess at a new race it would be neutral ogres and we probably go to some sort of questing zone for them on Draenor, maybe Farahlon for max level ogre stuff and if there's some ogre island offshoot thats where they start out

Anoregon

lol imagine they add Farahlon as the 1-10 ogre starter zone for the next expansion

"See guys we totally added it!"

Anoregon

I really doubt it will be. The players want off Draenor and I think Blizzard sort of wants to leave the stink of it behind them as well.

Robin64

Actually one of the first times I hope story is explained outside of the game. That of how we get back to our time and world and shut Draenor behind us. Don't need to waste a patch or anything on that.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I really doubt it will be. The players want off Draenor and I think Blizzard sort of wants to leave the stink of it behind them as well.

Unfortunately if they were already like 30% through the expansion when WoD 'flopped' they can't really go back on that.

Anoregon

Yeah that's a good point, but the HFC end cinematic seems to imply we are pretty much done with Draenor anyway.

Legion presence in Draenor is defeated, Grom is a good guy, the draenei want peace with the orcs, Gul'Dan is at least not on Draenor anymore.

davepoobond

ogres origins are on Draenor, so if they add them they have to have them start out there IMO. Plus they probably wouldnt want to overload Azeroth with so many random places since they can use the opportunity to put something on Draenor. It just fits better for that race

Farahlon won't be added ever, i'm sure, but it wouldn't be a bad fit for an ogre leveling zone or something like that

lazygecko

lol imagine they add Farahlon as the 1-10 ogre starter zone for the next expansion

"See guys we totally added it!"

Sometimes the 1-10 stuff feels like such a waste of development time and effort. At least in the way it's implemented. Like the whole zone of Gilneas which looks amazing but was just this quick one-off leveling zone that wasn't used for anything else in Cataclysm and onwards.

Anoregon

Sometimes the 1-10 stuff feels like such a waste of development time and effort. At least in the way it's implemented. Like the whole zone of Gilneas which looks amazing but was just this quick one-off leveling zone that wasn't used for anything else in Cataclysm and onwards.

Yeah, that is a great example. Gilneas is like the best looking city architecture in the game and you don't even get to see it unless you make a Worgen or level through Silverpine as a Horde character.

ogres origins are on Draenor, so if they add them they have to have them start out there IMO. Plus they probably wouldnt want to overload Azeroth with so many random places since they can use the opportunity to put something on Draenor. It just fits better for that race

Farahlon won't be added ever, i'm sure, but it wouldn't be a bad fit for an ogre leveling zone or something like that

If that were the case, It would probably be a seperate world area, kind of like how The Draenei and BE zones are technically part of Outland when it comes to the game treating them as BC areas. You would get to 10 then get ported to Org or whatever without ever setting foot on Draenor proper until 90, and Farahlon would not be accessible to anyone other than a 1-10 Ogre.

Kssio_Aug

I was thinking about going back to FFXIV these days, however I can't access my account cause I forgot my username and my Token is not working anymore. However Square Enix os making it very hard to retrieve my account back, what is pulling me away about the idea of coming back to it.

I have never played World of Warcraft though. And since for me (Brazilian) the subscription is much cheaper then FFXIV and giving the said issue, I was thinking about giving it a try.

So, is it a good idea for me to play it now? Will this be an interesting experience even though I'm getting it that late?

davepoobond

I was thinking about going back to FFXIV these days, however I can't access my account cause I forgot my username and my Token is not working anymore. However Square Enix os making it very hard to retrieve my account back, what is pulling me away about the idea of coming back to it.

I have never played World of Warcraft though. And since for me (Brazilian) the subscription is much cheaper then FFXIV and giving the said issue, I was thinking about giving it a try.

So, is it a good idea for me to play it now? Will this be an interesting experience even though I'm getting it that late?

depends on what you want out of the experience?

generally i would say yes because you can play through all of the expansions, but if you're looking to get into a lot of max level questing and stuff in short order, it won't be as fulfilling as you might think.

If that were the case, It would probably be a seperate world area, kind of like how The Draenei and BE zones are technically part of Outland when it comes to the game treating them as BC areas. You would get to 10 then get ported to Org or whatever without ever setting foot on Draenor proper until 90, and Farahlon would not be accessible to anyone other than a 1-10 Ogre.

yeah thats probably what they would do.

ZenaxPure

Hey, remember how the Taunka are part of the Horde? It'd be nice to see those guys again. Heck, one of the problems I have with expansions is that races are generally ignored after that expansion. A bunch of Taunka should've come back from Northrend. Some Kaluak too, to explore strange new fishing spots. I appreciate we got their nets on ships at least.

If there is one thing I've always been thankful of it's that we left the Taunka behind. I don't want to see those weird ass faces ever again in my life!

Kssio_Aug

depends on what you want out of the experience?

generally i would say yes because you can play through all of the expansions, but if you're looking to get into a lot of max level questing and stuff in short order, it won't be as fulfilling as you might think.

Im just looking for a fun to play experience without needing too much dedication giving my lack of time to play, to concilate with some Guild Wars 2 and Halo down the road.

Im looking for fun games to play in long terms, that however, even playing more casually, I still can have lots of fun with.

Tenebrous

Im just looking for a fun to play experience without needing too much dedication giving my lack of time to play, to concilate with some Guild Wars 2 and Halo down the road.

Im looking for fun games to play in long terms, that however, even playing more casually, I still can have lots of fun with.

Then WoW seems like a good option. Find a social guild full of people you can relate to, and just enjoy the game at your own pace. There's a ludicrous amount of content available to new players, and the only reason you see old players complaining is because they're expecting even more new content (and rightfully so).

But still, the base game includes the first four expansions, and there's literally thousands of hours of gameplay there for you.

Top Bottom