• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

1 day at 100 and I'm at like 650ish iLvl on the new alt. Got two empowered fragments waiting for weapons and I used one on a well-rolled trinket. Still don't have a chest besides my heirloom one though - that's in dire need of a replacement. But I can run HFC LFR now and hopefully fill in some gaps.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Well....looks like I'm going to be busy for a while then.

http://www.wowhead.com/flying

Plug your details into that and it'll tell you exactly which parts you still need to do to unlock the achievement for flying. You're probably a lot closer than you think.

Edit: regarding the invasion ones, probably the only one you cant pick up for garrison resources to do in one day is The Pit so you'll need to keep an eye out for that to pop up on your mission table.

Tenebrous

Plug your details into that and it'll tell you exactly which parts you still need to do to unlock the achievement for flying. You're probably a lot closer than you think.

Edit: regarding the invasion ones, probably the only one you cant pick up for garrison resources to do in one day is The Pit so you'll need to keep an eye out for that to pop up on your mission table.

Not bad. I still miss...

Securing Draenor 25.0%
Order of the Awakened 0.0%
The Saberstalkers 0.0%
Vol'jin's Headhunters 21.4%

Wulfric

Huh, guess I'm not doing so bad after all.

Explore Draenor & Loremaster - 100%
Securing Draenor - 83.3%
Master Treasure Hunter - 56/100

That mount shall be mine! Not looking forward to Tanaan Diplomat though. I'm only 11% done with the reps and I have no clue where the next questline starts. ._.

Tornhelm

Neo Member
Huh, guess I'm not doing so bad after all.

Explore Draenor & Loremaster - 100%
Securing Draenor - 83.3%
Master Treasure Hunter - 56/100

That mount shall be mine! Not looking forward to Tanaan Diplomat though. I'm only 11% done with the reps and I have no clue where the next questline starts. ._.

5 quests in the Tanaan base (two more pop once you complete the mission table one), an occasional sixth when a campaign quest pops and for Saberstalkers either kill mobs in Fang'rila or do the weekly quest there to kill the three champions (who are coincidentally the easiest source of 6/10 of the apexis shards for one of the other dailies).

Entropia

No One Remembers
9 Tomes away from my legendary ring. Did LFR tonight and got like 5 Tomes. Tried to find a pug for the bosses that aren't open in LFR yet but alas mostly fresh runs or they had the bosses I needed won, ironically.

Ark

Only have the Explore Dreanor, bonus objectives, and Tanaan to do. Should be able to do the vast majority of that all by the end of the weekend.

Does unlocking the achievement on one character grant Dreanor flying on all of your characters too? There's no way in heck I'm going to be motivated to do all of that more than once or twice.

Robin64

Does unlocking the achievement on one character grant Dreanor flying on all of your characters too? There's no way in heck I'm going to be motivated to do all of that more than once or twice.

Yep, it's account wide. Works for level 90 and up.

Ark

Yep, it's account wide. Works for level 90 and up.

Ah that's awesome, thanks.

Edit: Also decided I'm going to farm the rep for the Shado-Pan tigers, because those things are damn cool looking.

Aannddd I need to farm the random drop mounts in Dreanor, already have the Meadowstomper (awesome mount).

Acidote

I just plugged in my details and that erased any itch I could have to spend a token and resub. What a load of crap I would have to do to get flying. Pretty much all the treasure hunting and securing draenor. All the shitty subscription time fillers they added and I avoided like a plague. And the new reputations to revered, that is just patience.

aoU1PBo.png

It'll be easier to get rep this weekend due to the bonus Draenor rep event.

I'd have thought that if anyone is going to make some headway into the achievement needed for flying then now is a great time to do it?

Nudull

Banned
I'm gaining a newfound love for rogues since playing a Horde one. I never payed much attention to them before because I figured they were overly complex and only really catered to PVP players, but I'm having a blast here.

Robin64

It'll be easier to get rep this weekend due to the bonus Draenor rep event.

I'd have thought that if anyone is going to make some headway into the achievement needed for flying then now is a great time to do it?

The reps you get for the dungeons aren't needed at all for the flying requirement, and the ones needed for flying aren't earned in dungeons.

The reps you get for the dungeons aren't needed at all for the flying requirement, and the ones needed for flying aren't earned in dungeons.

Really? Ha, what a con. Luckily I don't need much more rep for flying but that's a little sly by Blizzard as I'm guessing a few people assume that the rep they give will be useful.

Zelias

Banned
Eh, I'm looking forward to the dungeon event just so I can make some headway on the 6.0 reps. I don't have a single one to Exalted (Council of Exarchs is nearly there though). Already Exalted with all the 6.2 reps bar Saberstalkers.

Am I the only one that did the hellbane rares over and over medallion of the legion? I have 5 100s. It took a bit over a week to get enough medallions to get every exalted except laughing skull, which is now just under revered.

Im still farming them though because they sell for 6-8k and I usually get 2-3/day.

Nokterian

Ok i started playing PvP on my gnome rogue called Anklestab (great name right) and i have to say damn i am getting pvp gear rather fast..faster at least than PvE gear. Also waiting lines are shorter but i do like that are so many maps to be played it was to me a new fresh feeling.

Nudull

Banned
Check out the graph for PvP victories. This has never been so far apart.

Well, damn. That's a far cry from what I remember when I last played WoW.

To be honest, I tend to lean more towards Alliance, but I try to be a neutral.Years of getting pushed into doing Horde stuff by my brother and everyone I knew who played it simply because it was "badass" kind of soured me on that for a good while.

IT BEGINS.

Hixx

It's kind of sad that my favourite part of this expansion pack will come next week when I know what's letting us leave it.

Unless it's that rumoured AU Eastern Kingdoms. That would be a right kick in the balls.

Tenebrous

Needs to have at least a new race/class/profession. Another grind to level 100 + X levels on characters I've played for nine years doesn't really get the juices flowing like it used to.

I want to play a Shadow Hunter, damnit.

Robin64

I want long term investments we can sink our teeth into that aren't "raid each week" and "group up to kill elites for a few hours".

Tenebrous

I want long term investments we can sink our teeth into that aren't "raid each week" and "group up to kill elites for a few hours".

Something like woodcutting/fishing in RS is what I want, and I'll keep saying so until its added. Just something you can mindlessly grind for hours, for weeks, socializing and making gold in the process.

Will never get added, though. Too open to botting, and Blizzard can't be bothered with that.

Nokterian

It helps that you picked the correct side to PvP on. Your experience as Horde may be quite the opposite.

It is going to change though with 6.2.1 with mercenary mode. But the point is i always has been Alliance since 2005..i have a few horde but i dunno i never liked it.

Peachpies

I don't think that is going to happen as long as we have the same development people in charge. There haven't been any overwhelmingly good additions to the game in a very long time. They have been moving towards raiding being the only real progression in the game with everything else just being supporting or "chore" like activities and would have to make a huge shift so that raiding is just one of several end game character progression activities. Also, they have said they liked how stuff like garrisons turned out so it seems unlikely that much will change from how warlords was designed. Unless they come out on the stage and say "hey, we are sorry, warlords was a mess and we are making big changes so that isn't repeated", you can expect the next expansion to be more of the same.

RPGCrazied

It better not be about Orcs again and for god sakes get us off Dreanor and Azeroth. Playable Naga and a South Seas expansion is what I want.

Tenebrous

I just want Vol'jin to assemble the Horde and just declare all out war on the Alliance. Enough with this pussyfooting around - Let's kick the shit out of eachother!

Robin64

That'd be nice. We had a taste of that in Cataclysm, with the likes of Stonetalon, The Barrens, Ashenvale, and Western Plaguelands. But fuck it, let's go all out.

Nudull

Banned
I honestly don't know what to expect out of this, but I do hope its an improvement over what people have been saying about Warlords. Not too much to have optimism, right?

Robin64

I honestly don't know what to expect out of this, but I do hope its an improvement over what people have been saying about Warlords. Not too much to have optimism, right?

Well, right now they have my attention. I've been with them long enough to owe them a chance at fixing their mistakes with WoD.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It would be really awesome of they not only announce the expansion, but indicate that they are quite far along with development already. I know chances are we will only get an overview and they will save the meat and potatoes for Blizzcon, but the more info and good PR they can get out the better.

It's virtually guaranteed to have a new class OR race(s). I would actually prefer the MoP route of one of each.

CassSept

Good. More inventive direction like TBC/MoP, less blind reliance on nostalgia and retreading old ground like Cata/WoD please.

Quite exciting since we have no idea what this could be this time, right? No trademark leak like the last few times?

Top Bottom