• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

antonz

I must have found some desperate cook levelers. Sold 60 Green cabbage for almost 700 gold and 90 striped melon for like 500 gold

Kacar

The about 90 minutes before the expac hits on Stormreaver US.
xCCKXzO.jpg

Is it best to be there for the start? I'm just chilling in stormwind right now.

This lag is messing with my fishing.

Fee

Is it best to be there for the start? I'm just chilling in stormwind right now.

This lag is messing with my fishing.

Community Manager

Khadgar has cast Mirror Image and some of you have probably already noticed a few additional versions of his NPC around Azeroth. He's there to help you get to Draenor once the expansion goes live!

We've had some time to evaluate the overwhelmingly positive response to Warlords of Draenor as it went live for European players, and realized getting you through the Dark Portal in an efficient manner is important. When the switch from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords takes place at 12:00 a.m. PST, you will automatically receive a quest titled "The Dark Portal" that will direct you to visit Khadgar in the Blasted Lands. However, now that we have four more Khadgars added to the world, you can go to one them as well!

Here are Khadgar's locations:

Stormwind - next to the Hero's Call Board in the Trade District
Orgrimmar - next to the Warchief's Command Board in the Valley of Strength
Shrine of Seven Stars (Alliance) - in front of the main entrance
Shrine of Two Moons (Horde) - in front of the main entrance

Note: if you happen to not receive the initial quest that leads you to Draenor, have no fear! Just find your closest Khadgar and he'll lead the way.

nope you can stay right where you are

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are european servers any more stable now? I have to admit, half an hour till I leave work... getting the itch, might pop that 2 month card after all >_>

cdyhybrid

All 3 Horde Khadgars are slammed with people on Stormreaver. Just gonna sit inside the shrine until it goes live.

Time to whip up some coffee!

Magnus

Oh man, Mal'ganis is a laggy messy. Just logged on. I'm sad it's this bad all the way in Orgrimmar, never mind Blasted Lands.

100+ queue, barely 5 mins.

Dresden

Got the quest, talked to Khadgar, triggered the cutscene. That's as far as I got, now stuck on the loading screen.

e: welp, crash and a queue. Guess I'm going to sleep.

Magnus

I'm sad that this is my first real bad expansion launch experience....lol. I'd have thought it would just get better and more stable with time.

Karl Hawk

Banned
One of the few times I wish we were lower pop....man....

I feel ya. I'm trying to establish my garrison on Frostfire, but there are dozens of people clumping around and I can't get the damn surveyor to work. ;(

I'm on a mid pop server, btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, Saurfang is on low pop atm lol.

lexi

Banned
Jumped into a 4k queue on my server a few hours ago, still in it.

Never ever seen a queue that long, and I've been on this server since day one. (Frostmourne-US)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Apparently no one in Zul'jin has been able to even talk to Khadgar yet.

It sucks because if I can just get in, I can have my buddy invite me to Kul Tiras and quest there

Fjordson

Well at least it looks like people have come back for WoD. Good news in the long run.

Not sure how much I'm gonna get done tonight, though. Sargeras US just blew the fuck up :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should go to OT5 and find some of those quotes about how this launch would go smoothly and that 6.0 was the only hurdle.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
One of the few times I wish we were lower pop....man....

Nah it's not worth it. For the .0001% of the time that it's a pain, the rest of the time it's excellent.

I should go to OT5 and find some of those quotes about how this launch would go smoothly and that 6.0 was the only hurdle.

I'm sure I would've made fun of anyone who said that. MoP started out alright, but after 10-20 minutes it went to hell.

We're just skipping that first 10-20 minute grace period this time, that's all.

TheYanger

This is infinitely worse than mop launch.

I am so sad.

Nah it's not worth it. For the .0001% of the time that it's a pain, the rest of the time it's excellent.

I'm sure I would've made fun of anyone who said that. MoP started out alright, but after 10-20 minutes it went to hell.

We're just skipping that first 10-20 minute grace period this time, that's all.

I am on the same server as mop, Mal'Ganis, and I did 85-90 in one sitting with no lag or disconnects for mop.

Nirran

This is infinitely worse than mop launch.

I am so sad.

I am on the same server as mop, Mal'Ganis, and I did 85-90 in one sitting with no lag or disconnects for mop.

This is probably the worst launch they've ever had other than vanilla and bc. I've been there for every other and usually it's laggy but the server crashes have been nuts. The porting people back to your home point is also getting old really fast.

Fjordson

Servers coming to life finally. I'm doing the intro quests in Draenor now without much lag.

It all looks and sounds awesome already. Just wish I didn't have to be up for work in the morning.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bummer, I used to use a macro that would cast ground mounts in non-flyable areas and flying in flyable ones. It even worked when they made all the new mounts worked on nonflyable areas, but it no longer works in Draenor. Just pulls out Galakras every time.

Top Bottom