• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Shahadan

They're doing that in WoD. They just put the system live in MoP without it because they wanted dem preorders.

I know, but in WoD it's at lvl 100. It's too late.
They should teach new/returning players how all works way before that. You can argue leveling is made for that but it's so easy you can miss many things or never think about it.

They did a shitty job with the boosted 90 starting experience lol. Was it so hard to create a solo scenario tailored for each role? I wouldn't want to be a new player trying to make sense of anything.

Bronze level Proving Grounds would have done it nicely.

Boosted my level 60 Pally just now. Give me three skills including Judgment. But you cannot use Judgment because they don't give you a seal until the very last quest. Great work ;(.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, the one for WoD is in Tanaan jungle, and it's at 90. In beta you got rewards for quests that were like 'Healing spells unlocked - Healing Touch, Rejuv' etc.

It's why I don't boost. Because I use the leveling process to learn the class. It just doesn't take me near s long as it does to learn it than to level all the way to 90.

Shahadan

No, the one for WoD is in Tanaan jungle, and it's at 90. In beta you got rewards for quests that were like 'Healing spells unlocked - Healing Touch, Rejuv' etc.

Oh you mean the quests, not Proving Grounds, ok, I misunderstood.
But that spell unlocking thing is a shitty system, not very effective.

So which bag addon is best at dealing with the Reagent Bank? It's a ton of slots so I'd want whatever addon works with it to make efficient use of space instead of glomming it all onto my existing bag space and creating a gigantic checkerboard to have to deal with.

Jag

Boosted my level 60 Pally just now. Give me three skills including Judgment. But you cannot use Judgment because they don't give you a seal until the very last quest. Great work ;(.

My favorite was seeing newly boosted toons in Heroic Garrosh kills. Usually a friend of the person who started the raid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite was seeing newly boosted toons in Heroic Garrosh kills. Usually a friend of the person who started the raid.

If their friend is mythic raid, it's not a problem. You don't need anything to kill Heroic Garrosh right now. Just a few good dps.

StMeph

So I've been rocking the default UI without addons after 6.0 since I expected another patch before release today. Is there another patch? Or should I just get all my add-ons set up now before the new expansion goes live?

Graphics card decided to start spazzing out for the first time 1 and 1/2 hours before release.

Great timing man.

Edit: Wait my HDMI cable was just not in properly or something, crisis averted.

Tamanon

Banned
So I've been rocking the default UI without addons after 6.0 since I expected another patch before release today. Is there another patch? Or should I just get all my add-ons set up now before the new expansion goes live?

No more patch before release. Get your addons ready. I'm still on default UI too, need to figure out what I want.

Tamanon

Banned
They did a shitty job with the boosted 90 starting experience lol. Was it so hard to create a solo scenario tailored for each role? I wouldn't want to be a new player trying to make sense of anything.

Bronze level Proving Grounds would have done it nicely.

I think they're requiring Proving Grounds before doing Heroics or LFR at 100 now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
which Starcraft strat is this?
OZ6Wd7q.jpg

Shiiit, I dced (Argent Dawn EU).

Can;t log back on. Constant dc's or characters not found. Other people on the forums reporting the same thing.

Noooo. Guess I'm going to bed now then. Was only planning playing until 2 am anyway. Guess I'll just wake up early.

WoD CE has shipped from Amazon. Excited to add it to my collection and more importantly experience the new content.
Mine hasn't budged but they're still saying tomorrow for release date delivery. Sadly, I feel like since I haven't seen them even say they're preparing for delivery yet, they're really going to hold it to that "by 8:00 p.m." deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I started Burning Crusade as a Gnome Rogue. This was my first ever kinda serious character in WoW. Now, 7 years later, I'll be returning to Draenor for the first time on a rogue again.
hqdefault.jpg

Again it's like poetry so that they rhyme

strafer

I started Burning Crusade as a Gnome Rogue. This was my first ever kinda serious character in WoW. Now, 7 years later, I'll be returning to Draenor for the first time on a rogue again.
hqdefault.jpg

Again it's like poetry so that they rhyme

your gnome rogue is George Lucas?

Fjordson

Watching the LFG documentary finally. This is so good!

As someone who works in IT, the section about the IT department and the data centers has me envious. Must be awesome to work at Blizzard doing that. A lot more interesting than what I do now :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know if its just my computer or what, but it seems to be taking a long time for models to appear whenever I change zones. Like, if I hearth to Two Moons and then mount, I don't see anything at all on my mount or character for like 10 seconds. Its kind of weird and random.

Shahadan

I don't know if its just my computer or what, but it seems to be taking a long time for models to appear whenever I change zones. Like, if I hearth to Two Moons and then mount, I don't see anything at all on my mount or character for like 10 seconds. Its kind of weird and random.

Yeah me too. How much Ram do you have? I tested my broken additional RAM bar the other day and the problem disappeared.

Should I enchant my looms?

I have the two hander for my Monk and two one handed axes for my Shaman.

I was gonna put Dancing Steel on all three, but it just kinda seems like a waste of gold for just leveling and dungeons. It seems kinda pointless until I'm gearing for raids.

Maybe just Windsong?

Should I enchant my looms?

I have the two hander for my Monk and two one handed axes for my Shaman.

I was gonna put Dancing Steel on all three, but it just kinda seems like a waste of gold for just leveling and dungeons. It seems kinda pointless until I'm gearing for raids.

Maybe just Windsong?

Windsong is more than fine, but you can get dancing steel for like 300 gold these days.

Is the first quest going to be something we receive in the main city (SW/Org) like in MoP, or are we actually starting WoD in the Blasted Lands in front of the portal?

Shahadan

6GB on this computer. Still running a GTX 560 2GB.

Look how much memory the other things on your computer are using while WoW is running maybe.
I don't know shit about these things but when I switched to 8 Gb I had no problem unless I had multiple chrome tabs and steam and stuff open.

It's just a theory, though, based on what I noticed on my rig.
They changed a lot of things at a software level for WoD.

vocab

It's only happening in shrine and dalaran really for me. Org is fine. Once I get my ssd I guess i'll say good bye forever to that kind of stuff.

CassSept

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bxU2eqZtYmc/hqdefault.jpg[IMG]
Again it's like poetry so that they rhyme[/QUOTE]

I first entered the shiny world of Outland as a blood elf rogue, one of the new races added in TBC expansion.

Now I go into the past, into Draenor as a blood elf rogue, the race with the oldest playable models currently in-game.

Or something. So much poetry is my point. I do applaud your post though, it's great. WoD's gonna be great, it's gonna be great.

So at maximum output, aprox. how much gold does a Garrison generate? I am having a hard time grasping if these things are going to actually be money makers.

If I read the guides correctly, 39k to fully build one out. What's the turn around to make that back?

vocab

So at maximum output, aprox. how much gold does a Garrison generate? I am having a hard time grasping if these things are going to actually be money makers.

If I read the guides correctly, 39k to fully build one out. What's the turn around to make that back?

If you sell on of those boe's early, I imagine you'll already be profitable.

They don't really do anything unless you have max professions to actually go with them for the BoP materials/crafts. Otherwise you're just a plebe making plebe items that take suckers to buy.

The main thing that doesn't require its own profession to be useful is the Barn level 3 for Savage Blood, a high-end crafting reagent. But getting that unlocked will take awhile.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Realistic expectations: I hope they add playable brown orcs before the next major patch
Realistic to Blizzard expectations: I hope they add playable brown orcs before the next major patch in the next expansion. And that it doesn't cost us a raid tier.

So after skipping out on pandas I now find myself getting a collectors edition of draenor. Welp. Time to learn what I've missed. Somehow.

That crackpipe feels good man.

Top Bottom