• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Karl Hawk

Banned
Lol, ''character not found'' error haunting me. (This is the second time I got that error overall)

I expect it to haunt me more tomorrow morning. >_>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Garrison is fun! You really feel like you're part of a story-driven adventure here!

ipqF1CIda4O39.jpg

antonz

My all nighter was a bust when it took 4 and a half hours just to get my garrison built. Got it built then said fuck it. now a nice 90 minute wait to get in

Dresden

trapped in a purgatory of Instance Not Found
trying to ride away but I just get looped back
fifty people locked in front of the garrison
unable to go anywhere

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
trapped in a purgatory of Instance Not Found
trying to ride away but I just get looped back
fifty people locked in front of the garrison
unable to go anywhere

CRAWLING IN THIS QUEUE
MY SERVER WILL NOT WORK
THROUGH THE FLOOR I FALL
IS BLIZZARD FOR REAL?

i fucking hate linkin park

Hixx

Sound cuts out on my game so I quit out and relaunch because I know you have a grace period for queues. Now I can't get in because the 90% loading bug is back.

cdyhybrid

Stormreaver started working about 15 minutes after restart. Still a shitload of people, but mobs and spawning and most of the lag is gone.

Interfectum

CRAWLING IN THIS QUEUE
MY SERVER WILL NOT WORK
THROUGH THE FLOOR I FALL
IS BLIZZARD FOR REAL?

i fucking hate linkin park

I logged so much
but no such luck.
It's just a game,
It doesn't even matter.

I put my trust, in WoW.
Pushed as far as I could go.
10 years in and the servers still fucking bloooww.

I logged so much
but no such luck.
It's just a game,
It doesn't even matter.

antonz

Flew to Ashran and it really does make me wonder at the point of garrisons.

Yeah they mixed too many ideas on Ashran. PVP zone which is fine. But then since its the "capital" they feel forced to provide everything the garrison does there as well. Really redundant and unneeded. Could have easily kept it the main landing spot of the Leaders and pvp area without putting so much of the garrison stuff in it.

Jag

Welp I got to 92.5 before things went to shit. I have a full slate of Garrison stuff to turn-in too. It just sits there glowing and mocking me like electric heroin.

Dresden

I'm not really following what one has to do with the other

plot: wow let's build a base when there's already one established

function: nothing in the garrison can't be replicated on stormshield

mmo feeling: hub > private player instance

Yeah they mixed too many ideas on Ashran. PVP zone which is fine. But then since its the "capital" they feel forced to provide everything the garrison does there as well. Really redundant and unneeded. Could have easily kept it the main landing spot of the Leaders and pvp area without putting so much of the garrison stuff in it.

Feels like a combo of a bad idea they didn't scrap in time + the need to make the player the hero of everything, as usual, except that now we're all commander shepards in a world where everyone is commander shepard.

And then I read about how they scrapped two other cities in favor of installing the hubs in Ashran and it all feels like a big missed opportunity.

StayDead

Found a quiet spot in south SMV on a mushroom, been fishing here for 2 hours while waiting for my mate to get back at 10:30 or so (it's 9:00 now), 632 atm and 650 cooking!

Someone in my guild got 700 fishing already :(

Rizzi

Wait in very long queue.
Finally get in.
Unlock garrison.
Get disconnected trying to get in my garrison.
Back to step one.

antonz

plot: wow let's build a base when there's already one established

function: nothing in the garrison can't be replicated on stormshield

mmo feeling: hub > private player instance

Feels like a combo of a bad idea they didn't scrap in time + the need to make the player the hero of everything, as usual, except that now we're all commander shepards in a world where everyone is commander shepard.

And then I read about how they scrapped two other cities in favor of installing the hubs in Ashran and it all feels like a big missed opportunity.

I suspect Stormshield only exists because it was quick to build. Easy to place some premade towers etc. around versus completely building the insides of Karabor etc. Karabor looks fantastic but its just a shell you walk around completely closed off.

Jord

Lagging like crazy in Frostfire, decide to queue for a random, got DC'd. Got the 90% loading bug, character not found. Sigh.

vocab

Logged back in. Fell from the sky in shadowmoon valley as horde, and died.

Getting some vanilla flashbacks.

Servers just dont work at all. Shut it down blizzard. Jesus christ.

Hixx

Holy shit they must have really lowered the cap on the server pops. Shadowsong at 500 and it's a FCM option which surely means it's usually a pretty sparsely pop'd realm?

Oh well.

Top Bottom