• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Sothpaw

My buddy just texted me that garrisons are down on The Venture Co. When I get home from work it west coast prime time, not gonna stand a chance.

cdyhybrid

Oh cool, random D/C and come back to this:

bOsExSE.png

Down to 14 minutes now though :p

Edit: Never mind, back up above 100 minutes :(

idlewild_

4500+ queue for Stormrage. ya wot m8. Luckily it's moving pretty quick.

I'm at 1300 right now for Stormrage and the estimate jumps between 60 and 100min. I think a the real number will end up higher than 100 min seeing as I've only dropped 6 places in the last minute.

edit: queue time is now >500 min and I've dropped 2 places in a minute. :-/

idlewild_

well then, nevermind. guess they increased the capacity on stormrage b/c i just jumped ~1260 spots and to the 'retrieving character list' boss

Number45

Down to four minutes... I wouldn't mind but I don't even want to do new stuff! Levelling my warrior to 60 for the boost (although I might save it for another character, I can't decide).

I'm at 1300 right now for Stormrage and the estimate jumps between 60 and 100min. I think a the real number will end up higher than 100 min seeing as I've only dropped 6 places in the last minute.

edit: queue time is now >500 min and I've dropped 2 places in a minute. :-/

Yeah its pretty random, have to stay near pc though because it loves to disconnect you every 10 minutes.

Almost off work, you guys are scaring me with some of these comments.

From what I've heard from my guildies though US-Thunderhorn has been pretty solid.

*crosses fingers*

JORMBO

Darkness no more
308 minute queue

You would think in this day and age they will have temporary spillover shards for people to play on.

Tacitus_

So... just FYI. If you take a FP that connects through your garrison, you get stuck since it attempts to fly over your own garrison instead of a generic one and we know how well the game is handling those at the moment.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15271097043#1

We’re excited to finally launch Warlords of Draenor and explore this new world with you, but we know that the experience has been less than ideal as we approach our first full day of launch.

Europe was our first region to launch, and we encountered a few issues due to the sheer number of players attempting to enter Draenor from a single location. We worked to add multiple new ways to access Draenor, and this helped ease some of the initial rush into the new expansion as players were able to access it from their capital cities, as well as from the shrines in Pandaria.

While that solution helped a ton for our North American launch, we ran into a few other issues, including a distributed denial of service attack, that resulted in increased latency.

To help correct for this and other issues, we’ve temporarily lowered maximum realm populations. This means there will be high queue times experienced on high-population realms.

Here are some of the other important issues we’re currently working to address:

Instance servers timing out, which may impact dungeon access
Continent server issues, which are resulting in Player Not Found and disconnection issues
Garrison server issues, which are resulting in phasing and performance issues

We’ll post updates here as we make progress against these issues. Thank you for your zeal to face down the tyranny of the Iron Horde—and for your continued patience as we work to improve the current experience.

StayDead

tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500.gif

Me waiting on a) my friend to come back and b) for my garrison to phase me.

I've been stuck on the Karabor quest all day and I can't do it so can't leave SMV.

educator

No luck for me yet. Had to queue about 2 hours to get in, and when I did it took me another hour to actually start playing because of the 'Character not found' error. Got the questline and headed into the portal only to get disconnected at the loading screen. Tried for another 30 minutes and got disconnected again. I'm now stuck in queue with 1267 players in line before me, so I think I'll give up for tonight.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well since I'm brand new to WoW, maybe I should just play on a low-pop server and see how it hashes out in the end. Maybe I won't find any friends, or maybe I'll find very friendly friends. I mean while I learn the game all the raiding and endgame stuff won't matter very much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Over 50% of the servers are locked right now.

FFS Blizz, just bring it down until you can figure out a better solution.

Fjordson

Well since I'm brand new to WoW, maybe I should just play on a low-pop server and see how it hashes out in the end. Maybe I won't find any friends, or maybe I'll find very friendly friends. I mean while I learn the game all the raiding and endgame stuff won't matter very much.
Not a terrible idea.

Though I honestly think a high pop server makes a hugely positive impact on the experience of this game. Initial rushes like these are a bummer, but it pays off in the long run.

It's not worth going on a low pop server because of some launch week clusterfuck issues.

As someone who's been on both, high pop is a different much better game.

Been playing since 8 am.

Never hit a queue, only brought the servers down once. Things like this happen on launch day.

Not complaining and about halfway to 95! :)

Hixx

Sitting in front of your Garrison praying for everyone to despawn is so weird
KuGsj.gif

Hopefully in a couple of hours everyone has fucked off. Let us unemployed enjoy ourselves, go back to sleep so you can function at work
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom