• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Sothpaw

This...has to be unequivocally the worst expansion launch so far from a technical POV, right?

I dunno I haven't had a single issue on The Venture Co (seems like I'm lucky). For me, nothing was as bad as late 2004/early 2005. Realms could go down at any time.

I got stuck on the gryph(dragon), i can't do anything.

ibo3AzBor5NPLG.jpg

the gryph flew above the garrison and it got stuck xD

Every launch has been shit to some degree. As I mention regarding the QueueDance, vanilla WoW's launch taught me to be laid back. It always sucks the most when you're dealing with it in real time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hnnnggghhhh

I like to imagine that from a lore perspective. Some Iron Horde scouting party coming up on your Garrison, and they see it's patrolled entirely by these grizzled as fuck, pallid moyher fuckers in 2spooky saronite plate and runeblades, and like ghouls and gargoyles flying around. They'd be like "...yeah, fuck this."

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My Warlock is apparently deleted. That's pretty neat.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...esktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en

Get the remote desktop app if you're experiencing queues. Log on to the game a few hours/minutes before you get home and you won't have to worry about sitting around waiting.

I don't remember any significant issues with mists. I was on an questing without any real trouble.

You apparently missed this:
svo3j.jpg

I guess horde didn't have a quest similar to that. I don't remember.

Fjordson

Mists was a totally smooth launch on my server. Don't remember having any problems (which is why I was foolishly saying yesterday that WoD was going to be fine).

Dresden

Mists was fine for me, other than the few hours spent riding in the chopper. Shadowmoon has been a mess though, and the garrisons just aren't working right now.

Dicer

Banned
I'm online, if any ally's want a low pop bnet invite.

Pm me your battle tag.

First come first serve.

Thanks for the assist, idk if it helped all that much, but the company was at least decent.

That first
garrison defense battle
is pretty intense.

Garrisons are gonna be a wonderful time sink lol...

TheYanger

The chopper quest was a quest oversight issue, there are those here too, but also server stability and functionality issues. And no, horde didn't have choppergate :) We were fine.

Magnus

Mal'ganis is choking so hard. Fuck.

So disappointing, because when it's working well, it's been a great expansion so far, content-wise.

Frostfire ridge has to be the biggest clusterfuck in gaming history.

Like yea, fucking tunnel every single horde there and make them want to stay there for their garrison bullshit and don't seperate/phase them like you did with the last part, so literally everyone is there making it impossible to do anything except lag out the server so you can't even move and even if you do run like 2 miles you get rubberbanded back.

Swear down, every single person at blizzard must be a god damned idiot.

Luckily I knew it would be a clusterfuck because I have zero faith in blizzard so I'm not really fussed.

I'm only mad at the fact that they lied and posted
We've had some time to evaluate the overwhelmingly positive response to Warlords of Draenor as it went live for European players,
Which is absolute and utter bullshit.

Tacitus_

The fuck, queues on my medium pop server?

Like yea, fucking tunnel every single horde there and make them want to stay there for their garrison bullshit and don't seperate/phase them like you did with the last part, so literally everyone is there making it impossible to do anything except lag out the server so you can't even move and even if you do run like 2 miles you get rubberbanded back..

And they fucked up by not having enough instance servers since everyones garrison is instanced personally to them.

Like yea, fucking tunnel every single horde there and make them want to stay there for their garrison bullshit and don't seperate/phase them like you did with the last part, so literally everyone is there making it impossible to do anything except lag out the server so you can't even move and even if you do run like 2 miles you get rubberbanded back.

Swear down, every single person at blizzard must be a god damned idiot.

Luckily I knew it would be a clusterfuck because I have zero faith in blizzard so I'm not really fussed.
That sounds pretty fussed to me. ;)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
2 hours in a queue, forgot i logged off in my garrison, which is offline atm

I wish i was on twisting nether still.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had my brother log me in to queue me, so when I get home I get to discover if I will be able to enter my WoD key on b.net and play without having to log all the way out and re-queue.

Oh boy!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Am I missing something or are there no quests for the dungeons in WoD?

I see one from the Inn for bloodmaul slag mines, but all the other dungeon quests are level 100. I did bloodmaul last night and it only gave me 2 bars.

Jarnet87

Am I missing something or are there no quests for the dungeons in WoD?

I see one from the Inn for bloodmaul slag mines, but all the other dungeon quests are level 100. I did bloodmaul last night and it only gave me 2 bars.

I saw Towelliee run this one last night and he got no quests as well. Hard to imagine that there would be no quests for one dungeon and quests for the others so maybe they aren't any.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I saw Towelliee run this one last night and he got no quests as well. Hard to imagine that there would be no quests for one dungeon and quests for the others so maybe they aren't any.

Throne of the Tides didnt have quests unless you did the zone, and they never put them in at the beginning either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got an invite to my friends low pop server once I got in. It just sucks because I want to check out the dungeons while I level, but it explodes every time I LFG.

ZenaxPure

Can't get to Draenor on my server so me and my friend have just been doing MoP dailies, gained a whole level and still have some we can do.

Without a doubt the worst xpac launch for me personally, so many issues from the second it went live and it's only been getting worse.

Fee

Made it through a 3800 person queue only to get to a character select screen that wont load. Been sitting here for 45 minutes on top of the time i spent in queue. Restarting the client wont resolve it. If there wasn't so much other stuff to play and wow was my main game, i would be pretty disappointed.

Waiting in stormrage queue, such fun :(.

Got to play for a few hours this morning, intro really cool but I can see how it will get tiring real quick doing it on alts. I fucking love how the story telling has improved so much, even over MoP. I'm also glad that we're learning more about Draenei in SMV, hope they still relevant past this zone and expansion. Yrel or Maraad should stay a major active figure in the story, representing Draenei.

The garrisons are pretty neat and really pump something actually new into the game. Once the zone overflow subsides, I look forward to questing more.

Top Bottom