• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

mstevens

Make new friends. Jump on and join a casual guild in trade chat. Make a name for yourself through lfg/lfr/oq. There's a lot more ways these days to make friends, especially with bnet friends/invites. Don't waste your money on transfers.

Ahhh I don't have time to play this but I want to so bad!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
'We totally got DDOSed you guys' is the lamest most cliche 'our servers couldn't handle it' excuse.

that's because "we merged all our realms so there's a billion players on each one" wouldn't fall on receptive ears

To be honest, there's nothing Blizzard can do about DDoS attacks.

It was to be expected with the number of disgruntled people. They love to screw it up for everyone else.

The are some mitigation techniques, unsure if Blizzard has them in place. We won't ever know for sure if there are actually DDOS attacks or not, but I feel the right thing to do is compensate some people with playtime.

Beant

Stuck on logging in to game server. Any fixes/solutions or just wait it out..?

edit: oh im in queue now.. just 5000 or so other bums in front of me woooooooooow

Jarnet87

Stormrage actually worked for about an hour and 20 minutes. got in around 8:20 and it just recently went to shit. 2 bubbles from 91, I'm happy with the progress considering I only played for about 90 minutes today lol. Will probably ding if the server gets stable and I turn in some quests.

Kacar

Was just questing in Talador inches away from 96 and the game boots me to the login screen. Hadn't had any lag in a couple hours.

Now behind 3500 people. Likely 4 hour wait.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This one is pretty weird, for sure.

If by weird you mean "total disaster," then yes. They can't help it being busy, but all of the servers being down is ridiculous. I don't buy "there was a DDOS" in any way.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If by weird you mean "total disaster," then yes. They can't help it being busy, but all of the servers being down is ridiculous. I don't buy "there was a DDOS" in any way.

I mean, in terms of launches, this isn't anything new.. but this one feels a bit different. They'll probably throw us a free day like old days.

Guesong

Hey, if I get the enchanting garrison building, can I DE my gear if I don't have Enchanting?

IIRC having the building even "unlock" the DE in loot options when you are in group, so yes.

So I log on after a mass disconnect, we're all back at the Shrines of Mists. Garrison Hearthstone doesn't work, so I go farm some leather to raise my skinning in the meantime in the Jade Forest, no rush.

25m later the MoP World Server is down and my toon stuck there. But Orgrimmar works!

>_>

Sothpaw

OK home from work, put baby to bed, wife in bed too. Log in to WoW on expansion day? Nope. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Burning Crusade and Lich King were both worse. Either you didn't play then or you have a short memory.

Also vanilla. November 2004-March 2005 were pretty much unplayable about 40% of the time.

Vanilla launch was atrocious for a good year lol.. so many free days given.

Is Yoshi okay?

He "quit."

Angry Grimace

I mean, in terms of launches, this isn't anything new.. but this one feels a bit different. They'll probably throw us a free day like old days.

I mean other than all the other launches that were crowded but worked just fine

Dicer

Banned
Burning Crusade and Lich King were both worse. Either you didn't play then or you have a short memory.

Also vanilla. November 2004-March 2005 were pretty much unplayable about 40% of the time.

I remember, but we are living in a day and age where they should have their shit together...Cata and MoP were silky smooth launches.

I'm an expert

I mean other than all the other launches that were crowded but worked just fine

That's just not true lol. Your memory needs work.

I remember, but we are living in a day and age where they should have their shit together...Cata and MoP were silky smooth launches.

That's cause everyone quit then lol.. no joke. I think a lot of people came back for this one, and rightfully so. Cata was a so-so launch though, but yes, better than today.

Yeah I'm convinced this is DDoS now.

WoD is legit though, however, it'd be fun to play little more than 30 mins without being booted :)

Can't wait to play this when it stabilizes.

Angry Grimace

That's just not true lol. Your memory needs work.

That's cause everyone quit then lol.. no joke. I think a lot of people came back for this one, and rightfully so. Cata was a so-so launch though, but yes, better than today.

I was there and they worked just fine. The servers being "busy" is not the same as the servers not working.

I don't recall a thing being wrong with Lich King, in fact I remember I stayed up all night leveling mining in Icecrown because it was phased and I could get shitloads of Saronite with no one around and sell it for huge profits.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I can't even get into the queue now. I never thought I'd want to be in the queue.

ZenaxPure

This is not the worst launch I've experienced. Of course I've had a pretty easy time with my low pop server, but BC was buggy as hell for like a week.

I can't even connect to a server now. Log on and it gives me the whole "let us suggest you a server!" message and then it just hangs after I tell it to find me one until I d/c.

Certainly my worst xpac launch.

Nighte

I remember worst issue at earlier launch being a lot of people, but also that the servers were unavailable for several hours after launch.
So they have had issues, but not for this amount of times.

Just now the world server is down for me. Garrison worked fine but leaving garrison resulted in instance not found messages and blank loading screen upon trying to hearthstone...doh..

TheYanger

b3zTMuQ.png

my screen for the last 15 minutes :( Blizzard plz.

I'm an expert

Click cancel then reenter pw and log in, it'll show the queue counter instead.

Top Bottom