• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's not worth going on a low pop server because of some launch week clusterfuck issues.

As someone who's been on both, high pop is a different much better game.
Okay then maybe D3 for now because waiting in queue to solo quest at lvl13 for an hour before random D/C isn't worth it.

Ultratech

Ok, looking at the Realm List now, almost every server is Locked except for a small number.
(I counted 16?)

Things are looking grim.

Very grim.

RPGCrazied

Damn, why did I log off for dinner? My realm is not that big, maybe medium. But I try to log in and get a 3k que, over an hour wait. Guess I'm not going to play again tonight.

This weekend is going to be hell isn't it?

Well this is shit...

Blizzard confirms World of Warcraft target of DDoS attack

We're excited to finally launch Warlords of Draenor and explore this new world with you, but we know that the experience has been less than ideal as we approach our first full day of launch.

Europe was our first region to launch, and we encountered a few issues due to the sheer number of players attempting to enter Draenor from a single location. We worked to add multiple new ways to access Draenor, and this helped ease some of the initial rush into the new expansion as players were able to access it from their capital cities, as well as from the shrines in Pandaria.

While that solution helped a ton for our North American launch, we ran into a few other issues, including a distributed denial of service attack, that resulted in increased latency.

antonz

Damn, why did I log off for dinner? My realm is not that big, maybe medium. But I try to log in and get a 3k que, over an hour wait. Guess I'm not going to play again tonight.

This weekend is going to be hell isn't it?

With them cutting the realm population cap its going to end up screwing over a lot of people who weren't getting hampered before.

The DDOS stuff comes across as a partial excuse because even last night I could easily escape the lag by just being somewhere else. Servers under DDOS stress out everywhere not just in a phase

lazygecko

If you want to skip queueing for a garrison instance there is a trick (this is for horde garrisons):

Run past your garrison into the southern cave near the mine. Inside you will find a small pool of lava. Jump in it and you will eventually die, and as soon as you release your spirit you will be phased to your garrison.

With them cutting the realm population cap its going to end up screwing over a lot of people who weren't getting hampered before.

The DDOS stuff comes across as a partial excuse because even last night I could easily escape the lag by just being somewhere else. Servers under DDOS stress out everywhere not just in a phase
Well, they did say "a few other issues including..." so they're not putting all the blame on it. They're just saying it hasn't help.

RPGCrazied

Oh well. I boosted my Paladin to 90 and didn't get to log in with him, but he did get some sexy armor.

Can you transmog boosted gear? Might have to keep this set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mists was fine for me, other than the few hours spent riding in the chopper. Shadowmoon has been a mess though, and the garrisons just aren't working right now.

Other than the dumb chopper quest. The only problem I had here was certain quest mobs being hard to tag as a rogue because I couldn't stand there and spam Blizzard.

Disappointing launch, TBC wasn't as bad as this was. Giving up for tonight. Really should credit me (and other high pop realms or realms that are crashing/lagging) with a few free days if this keeps up. Can't even leave Ashran now.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Haven't seen queues this bad since Vanilla. As far as expansion launches go, this is the worst overall. (although in the past there were times when no one could play, at least some people can play for this one)

Was going to buy this today, should I wait a few days? I'd like to hold off on buying if i'll run into server problems or overcrowded zones.

ampere

Well that's shitty.

I mean all the players trying to play legit is already similar to the effect of a DDoS attack. Tons of pings all at once. So if there were actual attacks on top of that... would explain a lot.

Expac is still amazing. Just technical issues being bleh.

'We totally got DDOSed you guys' is the lamest most cliche 'our servers couldn't handle it' excuse.

Extremely unlikely they'd lie about that as upset as you may be.

It's a federal crime they are talking about. And they are a high profile publicly traded company.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stuck in my garrison, but I can't move, and get dc'd as soon as I log in. GG Blizz. Christ on a stick, a company with this much online experiences, and this is straight up the worst MMO experience I've ever had from a technical pov. When I could get on the lag and pop-in due to phasing and whatnot was insane. That tree-marking quest was the most broken thing this side of the Halo MCC matchmaking.

antonz

Hooray after 5 hours and 2 successful sits through queues finally get past retrieving character boss and select my character. Loading.... Loading... Loading.... Character not found

Fularu

Banned
To be honest, there's nothing Blizzard can do about DDoS attacks.

It was to be expected with the number of disgruntled people. They love to screw it up for everyone else.

You know it's bad when EVERY SINGLE REALM IS LOCKED!

Shit be cray.

Least I made it to 95. Was hoping to get further, but I'll check later tonight after a bit of a nap to recoup some energy.

Fularu

Banned
I don't have a queue but I keep getting disconnected when I'm trying to enter Draenor from the Character selection screen

Does the same for Orgrimmar though

mstevens

I'd have to pay for each individual if I wanted to transfer a group from one server to another, right? Thinking about coming back but I know *no one* who plays. Anyone on Archimonde?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'd have to pay for each individual if I wanted to transfer a group from one server to another, right? Thinking about coming back but I know *no one* who plays. Anyone on Archimonde?

Make new friends. Jump on and join a casual guild in trade chat. Make a name for yourself through lfg/lfr/oq. There's a lot more ways these days to make friends, especially with bnet friends/invites. Don't waste your money on transfers.

Hixx

Got my level 2 garrison, managed to hearth to it :O

It's looking up!... On the realm I am probably not going to play on. Hah.

:(

Spires of Arak needed more testing.

Mobs that either drop their quest item or nothing at all.
Mobs that you need to kill for a bonus objective that exist OUTSIDE of the zone where those kills count.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How many people can the servers even handle? Sargeras has a 6800 person Q.
The time it takes to get through the queue is pretty crazy. Two hours waiting to get into Sargeras and I went from ~3500 to ~2300.

Hixx

My main is still falling under the Garrison.

So I'm going to have to cross my fingers for a server restart to hopefully fix it or wait for this ~48 hour ticket to play my fucking game on the character I want to play it on.

Top Bottom