• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rolling restarts on European realms right now.

My Mage is ilvl 628 now thanks to Ashran, went in with ilvl 600. Time to do some heroics for that Legendary questline :)

Boogdud

lol Ashran. More Alliance then Horde. We zerg their base. 650 honor everytime. I'm ilvl 620 right now. Thank you Ashran!

And their keep boss drops a PvP loot cache once a day. Quick way to gear up for heroics.

Yeah, eff off. You should try being on the other side of this. Camped in your base with zero reward while the other side sits in conquest gear already while you get 50 honor per 3 hours as you get farmed by a giant celery. It's a miserable failure.

Bizazedo

Finally started this game again due to medical reasons keeping me away. Hope the issues won't come back as this is .... addictive ..... with the garrison.

Horrified to learn that they nerfed Heroic Leap range for my warrior. Pisses me off far more than it should.

Yeah, eff off. You should try being on the other side of this. Camped in your base with zero reward while the other side sits in conquest gear already while you get 50 honor per 3 hours as you get farmed by a giant celery. It's a miserable failure.

Yeah, it's screwed. Rather it'd be balanced. but uh, I'm enjoying the easy honor and gearing up.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finally level 100 (Felt satisfying as fuck). :D

To do list:
- Get my ilvl to 600 to do normal 100 lvl dungeons (To get my ilvl to at least 610 for Heroics) and hope the quest rewards gets upgraded to rare or epic (Lol, it'll never my happen without a war mill at my side.)
- Get Silver on Proving Grounds.
- Save up resources to upgrade my garrison
- Farm rare mobs for loot/resources/apexis

And before you say it, I don't think I'll do Ashran PvP no matter how tempting their ilvl 620 honor gear are. I just feel their gear have no use for me as a PvE player.

EDIT: Speaking of Ashran, how you are able to enter it? Random Battlegrounds?

What ever it takes to gear faster /shrug.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Reading the official forums, a lot of people share the same disdain for the way professions are setup now.

It's not fun to have to use garrisons and rely so heavily on other professions just because you have them in your garrisons.

My LW and JC have basically made no progress in going up from 600 because there are no recipes. I liked being able to make crappy greens and blues. Typically they'd be vendor trash but they were great for alts to use while leveling.

Grats on 100!

To enter Ashran, go to Stormshield/Warspear and then head North/South and you'll be in the zone!

Bizazedo

And before you say it, I don't think I'll do Ashran PvP no matter how tempting their ilvl 620 honor gear are. I just feel their gear have no use for me as a PvE player.

You can fly there. Well, Warspear, then walk out.

I don't get it, I thought PvP specific stats didn't count towards the budget, thus making them useable in PvE again. I might be an expac behind on that, though.

Also, I want my Heroic Leap range back.

Tacitus_

lol Ashran. More Alliance then Horde. We zerg their base. 650 honor everytime. I'm ilvl 620 right now. Thank you Ashran!

And their keep boss drops a PvP loot cache once a day. Quick way to gear up for heroics.

Your side must be in the sidelines farming the mobs or something. I played Ashran for a couple of hours and we got pushed once back to our side of the map when they had the tree up and we killed their boss twice and assaulted her base maybe a dozen times.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Grats on 100!

To enter Ashran, go to Stormshield/Warspear and then head North/South and you'll be in the zone!

Since I'm Horde, I head to south, huh?

Not sure how useful the ilvl 620 PvP gear will be for a PvE player like me, but I sure as hell don't mind a faster way to get my way through ilvl 610. ;)

th3dude

Hey all, jumped on my level 87 Paladin to check out the new content, but need to get him to 90.

Fastest way? Currently questing through MoP.

mileS

Ugh. Both of the options for the garrison daily that gives apexis crystals are 800 each... I was under the impression there would always be a 1000 option that was a bit harder... or needed a group.

Why

Saucy_XL

Banned
So my mine didn't replenish after the server reset at 3:00am. My garden did though. Odder still, I could see the ore on my minimap for about a minute right after the rest, and now all my miners are standing still and facing north.

Robin64

The PvP gear is worth getting and seems viable to use in PvE. Remember, the way made it work this time is that the gear is higher ilvl in PvP than it is in PvE. So this honor gear is 675 for PvP but scaled down to 620 for PvE which is still decent right now.

E1dgWkM.png
XxYzCfM.png

Fjordson

The PvP gear is worth getting and seems viable to use in PvE. Remember, the way made it work this time is that the gear is higher ilvl in PvP than it is in PvE. So this honor gear is 675 for PvP but scaled down to 620 for PvE which is still decent right now.

E1dgWkM.png
XxYzCfM.png
Not bad. Is Ashran faster for honor than just regular battlegrounds?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not bad. Is Ashran faster for honor than just regular battlegrounds?

I'm not sure, but it's important to keep in mind that regular BG's can directly reward items now too.

lazygecko

You get heaps of broken bones from Ashran (even if you're losing badly) that you can use for work orders in the colosseum in your garrison, which you can get the honor/conquest/pvp gear from.

Jarnet87

Hey all, jumped on my level 87 Paladin to check out the new content, but need to get him to 90.

Fastest way? Currently questing through MoP.

I did 85-90 in 6.0.2 right before the expansion. With rest it is pretty quick. Jade Forest took me almost to 90, had to do like 2 or 3 quest hubs in Four Winds to hit 90.

ampere

Got exalted with the Steamwheedle Preservation. No life status confirmed.

Shame I have to wait at least a week of straight group dailies to get my mount and pet... what in the hell were they thinking? I have to put myself a week behind on the legendary quest line and gearing up for pve just to get my vanity items? What in the world. I think the rep grind and the 5k for the mount is quite enough. That considering as well I got more gold leveling 85-90 than I did all 90-100.

o.o pretty sure that rep is designed to be gained slowly... def don't recommend grinding them out quick lol.

cdyhybrid

I think I just ran out of meaningful content >_>

I've got all my buildings upgraded and waiting for the gated cheevos to unlock lvl 3, I've got a team of followers at 100 that can counter everything and my professions are gated by the bop materials. My gear is pretty much raid ready too, I only need a new weapon and a trinket to so I can get my last two items to hc blues (both at 620).

So now I've got... fishing and working on reputations which don't really have rewards that I want to work towards at this point since all the fancy stuff requires apexis crystals.

Are you full Heroic Warforged with gem sockets? :p

Rapstah

Phasing broke again on my server. I don't know what they did with the EU restarts but it's like everything went back to launch day issues again, minus the 4-second delay on everything.

StayDead

You get heaps of broken bones from Ashran (even if you're losing badly) that you can use for work orders in the colosseum in your garrison, which you can get the honor/conquest/pvp gear from.

I didn't know that, thanks. Should help my mage (first alt, 92 atm and going to arena with her for the first time since TBC).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm not going to be like "omg you guys and your level 100s... way to go no lifers!!!!"

but damn, SO MANY 100s and I'm still at 95. I really didn't think I was playing that slowly.. sigh (though I didn't play for much of Saturday, and didn't have off at all last week)

oh well.. will be happy to have 100 by either Friday or Sunday (I can only play tomorrow night, Friday night and all day sunday)

Son1x

My fifth Malygos run. I'm close to having the 100 different mounts achievements, I think I'm sitting at 94 now.
I almost got the whole PvP honor set (Primal Combatant) so I'll go for honor mounts after, which should get me to 98 (need 3 more from Org and the Wintergrasp one).

mclem

Just turned up on the forums:

WoW Community:

I know how much everyone was looking forward to this expansion, and once you were able to get in and start having fun, all the comments I've seen indicate that this is one of our best yet. But the quality of the content does not excuse the subpar launch experience we delivered, and I apologize for that.

The first two days of the expansion were not a great experience, with many of you facing high queues or significant gameplay problems. We worked around the clock to tackle the demand issues and technical challenges, and fortunately things started looking better on Saturday. While millions of you were able to get in and play over the weekend, with many already reaching level 100, others still ran into very lengthy queues, particularly on the highest-population realms.

To help address this, we’ve expanded the new instancing tech we used to improve queues on Saturday and we’re continuing the process of applying that to raise the capacity of all realms again. This will result in approximately double the prelaunch capacity on each realm, which should greatly reduce queue times for most realms if not eliminate queues altogether.

In recognition of the difficulties so many of you ran into when trying to play over the first few days, we're adding five days’ worth of extra time to every subscription in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe that was active as of Friday, November 14. Things are already in a much better place than they were going into the weekend, so I hope you’ll now be able to focus on having a ton of fun with this expansion.

I also hope you'll accept my apology and keep your faith in us. The support voiced by many of you as we worked through the challenges was immensely appreciated. We're extremely grateful to be part of such a passionate community. We love World of Warcraft, and we're very proud of this expansion, so stumbling out of the gates like this was very disappointing for all of us.

On behalf of the World of Warcraft development team, as well as everyone at Blizzard, thank you all again for your patience and understanding.

See you in Draenor.

Sincerely,
J. Allen Brack
Executive Producer, World of Warcraft

Sothpaw

I'm not going to be like "omg you guys and your level 100s... way to go no lifers!!!!"

but damn, SO MANY 100s and I'm still at 95. I really didn't think I was playing that slowly.. sigh (though I didn't play for much of Saturday, and didn't have off at all last week)

oh well.. will be happy to have 100 by either Friday or Sunday (I can only play tomorrow night, Friday night and all day sunday)

Lot's of people don't have careers and/or don't have children yet. Back in college I would have been 100 three days ago. Nowadays I have RL priorities and was happy with hitting 97 last night. WoW caters to us all now thanks to raid finder.

mclem

five days of game time for 1-2 days of annoyance (depending, and not counting queues which are a product of the realm pops, not the launch issues)

not bad.

I, frankly, didn't have much trouble. I feel almost guilty.

I suppose it's compensation for having put up with my guildies complaining :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm torn on what buildings to finish my Garrison with.

Is it smart to ditch the Barracks eventually?

I put up Stables and Lumber mill so I could harvest fuckloads of timber. The problem is that LM work orders take way too goddamn long to complete.

borghe

I, frankly, didn't have much trouble. I feel almost guilty.

I suppose it's compensation for having put up with my guildies complaining :)

I had a few of the "character not found" issues but it was a hassle at worst.. There was never a night were I was completely fucked out of playing.

I also stayed away from high pop servers.. my server was at worst an 18 minute queue once.

in the end none of this launch stuff will have mattered, and the 5 days is nice.. win/win.

borghe

Glyphs are crashing :(

About half value as yesterday already. And I got a no-lifer to deal with as well in a fierce battle of AH PvP.

glyphs have always been a horrible way to make money IMHO. They're there for leveling and that's about it. money makers have always been fortune cards and darkmoon cards.

ampere

Well... I did take 3 days off work and play about 16 hours a day for 5 days in a row... lol. So you could call that 'no-lifing' lol. Was super fun tho. And it only took me the first day to hit 100 even with the server hiccups.

The way you get this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=108743#contained-in-object

was amazing. A smile slowly formed on my face when I realized what was up. (Don't read the comments if you want to be surprised by it)

That was amazing, I agree. I remember announcing it in mumble I was so shocked lol

Top Bottom