• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Ostinatto

So i was stucked for an hour, getting DCed if a walk or cast any spell.

solution:

/script Logout();CancelLogout()

Viola.

Unstucked Baby.

ampere

I can't choose ;_;

I'm seeing people say you should replace the barracks asap.

Do achieves for one building then demolish and do another. That's one way to do it! Or at least unlock level 3 so you can put a level 3 back if you want that building again later.

Dresden

Ashran on farm. I guess it's bugged for the Horde in that no one receives any reward for killing the Alliance general on my server, and thus, there's no Horde and everyone is grinding up honor 650 at a time. Not to mention capping on conquest before the season starts, though I missed on the cap last week.

I am guilty of this.

mileS

o.o pretty sure that rep is designed to be gained slowly... def don't recommend grinding them out quick lol.

Oh I know :p I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm just crazy and told myself I should get it done before more people start looking for the chests in the zone, like all the spots I personally found.

My point was I'm not a fan of them locking those types of rewards away with Apexis shards. I can understand if you get exalted, and you're buying actual gear yes, but mini pets and a mount? get that shit out of here. Just my 2 cents.

So yeah did my first heroic... Graimrail Depot.

Took us about 25 wipes and 2 hours, but we go there in the end, after going through about 4 different dps along the way (me tanking woo).

Second boss was a nightmare. Other 2 were just gear checks really. And I got zero loot of course.

I gotta say I love Khadgar's dry sense of humor. Dude makes jokes all the time.

ZenaxPure

Ugh, people are queing for heroics right when they break 610 even if their gear sucks on the whole. Just had to bail out on a Depot run because the 2 DPS with me didn't even break 10k DPS on the first boss and the healer was having trouble keeping people up.

Inspect the healer to find him wearing mostly greens and a fucking shado-pan assault trinket. What the actual fuck. I don't even understand how he was able to get into the dungeon.

Tacitus_

So yeah did my first heroic... Graimrail Depot.

Took us about 25 wipes and 2 hours, but we go there in the end, after going through about 4 different dps along the way (me tanking woo).

Second boss was a nightmare. Other 2 were just gear checks really. And I got zero loot of course.

I gotta say I love Khadgar's dry sense of humor. Dude makes jokes all the time.

The cannon boss? I love him. Hell of a break from the usual "don't stand in shit, interrupt that, dodge that" bosses. And the VA for him is awesome.

RAAAPIID FIIIIIREEEEEEE

Mothman91

Anyone finding healing to be a challenge? In the good way of course.

Glad that dungeons are a bit hard, trash usually hits harder than bosses. Try to ask the group to CC whatever mobs they can. Makes it much easier for me, at times I spam flash heal on the tank without him going up in HP.

Also any tanks compare healers? I am a holy priest, and was wondering what healers you have grouped up with are easier/harder to dungeon with.

Aon

Anyone finding healing to be a challenge? In the good way of course.

Glad that dungeons are a bit hard, trash usually hits harder than bosses. Try to ask the group to CC whatever mobs they can. Makes it much easier for me, at times I spam flash heal on the tank without him going up in HP.

Also any tanks compare healers? I am a holy priest, and was wondering what healers you have grouped up with are easier/harder to dungeon with.

As a 609 holy priest I am absolutely finding that, although it does depend on the group a bit. Sometimes there'll be some real strong DPS or a good prot pally and suddenly all I need to do is is cast heal all day.

But other times I'm blowing Divine Hymn and Guardian Angel on trash, particularly in Shadowmoon. I can't really decide whether they're just challenging instances currently or if some of my groups are just under performing.

Still, I don't really feel ready for heroics in just one more ilvl.

Good idea about asking people to CC mobs though, no one bothers and perhaps that'd make the whole thing a bit easier.

TheYanger

Ugh, people are queing for heroics right when they break 610 even if their gear sucks on the whole. Just had to bail out on a Depot run because the 2 DPS with me didn't even break 10k DPS on the first boss and the healer was having trouble keeping people up.

Inspect the healer to find him wearing mostly greens and a fucking shado-pan assault trinket. What the actual fuck. I don't even understand how he was able to get into the dungeon.

10k seems like it should be enough for most heroics, though rough. I think the main issue is that the dps silver proving grounds is RIDICULOUSLY too easy. I had to do both tank and dps, and tank while not hard, at least did in fact make me do things. Dps every single wave I had like 30 seconds to wait after everything was dead. Makes you realize you could actually beat them with like 6 or 7k dps for sure. I mean I realize I'm a good player, but we're not talking like I'm in any better gear than anyone else, and that's an absurd cushion.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Changed some graphic settings and it doesn't even look different to me but I gained 40fps average. Sometimes it's good to be blind. I still get "lag stutter" in high pop areas, but it's not near as bad as GW2's constant 20-30fps whenever players are on screen (almost always) which magically jumps to 80fps whenever you hit a cutscene or personal instance that takes them away.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
10k seems like it should be enough for most heroics, though rough. I think the main issue is that the dps silver proving grounds is RIDICULOUSLY too easy. I had to do both tank and dps, and tank while not hard, at least did in fact make me do things. Dps every single wave I had like 30 seconds to wait after everything was dead. Makes you realize you could actually beat them with like 6 or 7k dps for sure. I mean I realize I'm a good player, but we're not talking like I'm in any better gear than anyone else, and that's an absurd cushion.

Yeah the gulf in challenge between silver proving grounds for DPS and tank is insane. Proving grounds in general are a joke for DPS and somewhat challenging for tanks. I actually ran out of time on bronze and silver on the final wave but fortunately I still completed it and got credit.

Mothman91

As a 609 holy priest I am absolutely finding that, although it does depend on the group a bit. Sometimes there'll be some real strong DPS or a good prot pally and suddenly all I need to do is is cast heal all day.

But other times I'm blowing Divine Hymn and Guardian Angel on trash, particularly in Shadowmoon. I can't really decide whether they're just challenging instances currently or if some of my groups are just under performing.

Still, I don't really feel ready for heroics in just one more ilvl.

Good idea about asking people to CC mobs though, no one bothers and perhaps that'd make the whole thing a bit easier.

I also thought regular dungeons were tough when I was trying to get to 610. Jumping from regular to heroics wasn't that huge of a leap though. Just use mindbreaker(?) as much as you can during bosses.

I have blown Guardian Angel on trash pulls, sucks, but it's needed. Also Diving Hymn is a lot less useful, doesn't heal closely as much as it did last expansion.

Dungeons require everyone to know what they are doing, or atleast not be stupid. DPS needs to focus and not stand in unnecessary shit, tanks needs to..I don't know, be tanks.

Dawg

Unless they changed it (I haven't played in a while), you can get the gear requirement even if said items are in your inventory. So that guy could have an inventory filled with stuff while he wears shit, no?

Peachpies

Unless they changed it (I haven't played in a while), you can get the gear requirement even if said items are in your inventory. So that guy could have an inventory filled with stuff while he wears shit, no?
yes, alot of people have been using 660 wargames gear to bypass the ilevel requirement

Fjordson

Could be. Depends on what it checks for. There's your maximum possible item lvl, which includes stuff in your bags like you mentioned, and then you're equipped item lvl which is just what you have on.

ZenaxPure

Probably, it sucked. The real offensive thing to me though was him using a shado-pan assault trinket in a heroic. Do everyone a favor and just do some quests in nagrand or something to get an upgrade. Blehhh.

Anyhow Yanger, I agree 10k probably would have been enough but when I said they couldn't break 10k I meant that very literally, there was a ret paladin who did 6k on the first boss and a warlock who did 8k. Was ridiculous.

And yeah, DPS silver proving grounds isn't good enough. The basic concepts are there but the mobs have too little HP. I did silver still wearing some flex SoO gear and like you still had 20-30 seconds left depending on the pack.

Robin64

Agreed that Silver is not enough. I was also waiting around and a couple of times I fucked up and got hit by the amber. It still didn't matter, I had so long after each wave.

So I hit level 100 on Sunday and people are saying that you should be able to upgrade your Garrison to Level 3 soon after, but I only have about 600-700 resources right now.

Did I do something wrong? Where can I get a good income of resources now?

Currently, my Level 2 garrison consists of Barracks, lumber mill, enchanter's study, and salvage yard Level 2.

Boogdud

Ashran on farm. I guess it's bugged for the Horde in that no one receives any reward for killing the Alliance general on my server, and thus, there's no Horde and everyone is grinding up honor 650 at a time. Not to mention capping on conquest before the season starts, though I missed on the cap last week.

I am guilty of this.

I can't believe how disappointing this is. It needs to be like a bg and only let people in when they are matched in numbers. PVP is so imbalanced right out of the gate because of this gear disparity, every alliance in our bg is decked in at least season 1, some have conquest, meanwhile horde are getting 50 honor an hour for Ashran.

I just went in and it's non-stop base raping by the alliance. I finally gave up fighting and just started counting people. 87 to 7. I can't believe they're letting this go on, it would be an exploit if this was a dungeon.

So I hit level 100 on Sunday and people are saying that you should be able to upgrade your Garrison to Level 3 soon after, but I only have about 600-700 resources right now.

Currently, my Level 2 garrison consists of Barracks, lumber mill, enchanter's study, and salvage yard Level 2.

Kill rares that you haven't killed before, find treasures, keep your lumbermill work orders on the go all the time.

I managed to have just enough at 100 to get lvl3, but my lumbermill is lvl1 and I'm struggling for resources myself atm.

Oh and oh dear the instance server on euros has died again.

demented

Cheapest place to buy (EU) key for expansion?

Haven't played mist at all gotta level through that too, maybe after since I get one 90 character.
Really unsure if I should play, quit after playing for 7 years few years ago and vowed never to play again but tempteeeedd :( got kinda depressed and have nothing to do and it seems like an easy "fix", like a drug lol...

CassSept

I'm certainly glad I didn't follow the beta. Like, at all.

I thought Gorgrond is going to be Blade's Edge 2.0. But it's SO pweeeettyyyyyy.

I'm halfway through it and I'm honestly impressed. I'm afraid of Talador now as I expected this one to be the first impressive zone in the expansion... now I can't wait if that's how Gorgrond looks!

I'm certainly glad I didn't follow the beta. Like, at all.

I thought Gorgrond is going to be Blade's Edge 2.0. But it's SO pweeeettyyyyyy.

I'm halfway through it and I'm honestly impressed. I'm afraid of Talador now as I expected this one to be the first impressive zone in the expansion... now I can't wait if that's how Gorgrond looks!

Gorgrond was very beautiful.

Although after getting to 100 and letting it sit with me for a few days, I think Spires of Arak is my favorite zone. Frostfire Ridge is a very close 2nd though because I'm a sucker for snow zones.

Dresden

Buy treasure maps (or install the addon), and hunt for chests. I had to stop sending out followers on missions too.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I took a screen last night of my new little friend, Pepe. I discovered him last night.
I accidentally left my name on but I couldn't be bothered retaking it.

wowscrnshot_111814_17ljq3a.jpg

Mothman91

Buy treasure maps (or install the addon), and hunt for chests. I had to stop sending out followers on missions too.

I need to also stop sending followers out. I keep on hovering between 1k and 1100.

The thing is, does the addon remove the treasures you have already acquired??? I have downloaded it, but didn't look at it on my 100 lvl character. I just tried it out on my alt who I just got my garrison with.

TheContact

Anyone know if it's possible to buy bait? Like items that increase the chance of finding a specific fish. Trying to do garrison fish dailies but it takes over an hour to get the fish I need without bait because it's picking up such a broad spectrum of fish.

Mothman91

Anyone know if it's possible to buy bait? Like items that increase the chance of finding a specific fish. Trying to do garrison fish dailies but it takes over an hour to get the fish I need without bait because it's picking up such a broad spectrum of fish.

I have gotten a certain bait that gives me a better chance to get scorpion tails or something like that. Got that through fishing.

TheContact

I have gotten a certain bait that gives me a better chance to get scorpion tails or something like that. Got that through fishing.

Yea me too it really helped my fishing garrison quest until it ran away and I needed more. Haven't gotten another since. Was just wondering if they could be bought somewhere without having to randomly find one, because I've been fishing for a good 30 mins and either get bait I don't need or fish I don't need lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Yes, from the AH, but the price is exorbitant. You're better off looking for the "School of" nodes around the world. Wowhead has spawn locations of all of them.

Mordeccai

You'll fish 'em up. The really weird thing is, I can't seem to hold more than one kind of bait. I had one of every kind in my bank and they just stopped showing up after two days of fishing. I took two out, used them, and in a few minutes I got drops for them again. I also have some lurker bait stuck in my mailbox for this reason, I have another lurker bait sitting in my inventory and I can't pick up the bait from my mail unless I use this one first.

So check to make sure you don't already have the bait somewhere. If you go to the appropriate zone for the fish you will only catch saberfish and the zone fish as well. I think the ratio is 70% saberfish to 30% zone fish, and those numbers flip when you use bait. The garrison pool is different because it has the entire fish loot table inside of it

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I regret leveling some of my green followers. Now that I have more it's become obvious that it is more efficient to level a blue follower to 100 than to turn a green 100 into a blue 100.

A small amount, usually like 10. But if you're like me with no lumber mill or haven't really gone out and done the rest of the treasures/rare mobs, your resources are gonna stay the same.

Geez, yeah I'll probably stop doing those missions then.

Is there any reason to try and get your followers to max level anyways? Can you get gear off of them?

Mothman91

Geez, yeah I'll probably stop doing those missions then.

Is there any reason to try and get your followers to max level anyways? Can you get gear off of them?

I know that if you have the salvage yard, there is a chance the mission will reward you with a salvage crate. You open it up at the salvage yard, and it's a random item. Could be a item enhancement for your follower, or once I saw on the wow subreddit, a ilvl 665 item.

vilmer_

Getting absolutely farmed by Horde in Ashran. This is eerily similar to Ilum in SWTOR with all of the base camping. It's just snowballing and the pvp gear difference keeps growing bigger and bigger until people just don't even bother coming anymore. This is an absolutely huge problem that will need to be looked at asap.

mileS

Used my boost on a feral druid. Seems like im always energy starved. Its a big change from leveling a guardian druid early on.

Top Bottom