• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

So does anybody know what the point of the legendary quest with Apexis crystals is? I was able to do every other quest in the line earlier this morning up to the Highmaul ones and got the lvl 680 ring, but only have 2k apexis. Is this a separate line or was I not supposed to be able to skip the 5k apexis crystals part?

It's bugged.

There's not a ring of blood questline in WoD, is there?

The only Ring of Blood thing I saw was for Apexis. I did it just last night. There doesn't appear to be a Ring of Blood type deal for weapons like we've been getting in the last few expansions.

ZenaxPure

There's not a ring of blood questline in WoD, is there?

The only Ring of Blood thing I saw was for Apexis. I did it just last night. There doesn't appear to be a Ring of Blood type deal for weapons like we've been getting in the last few expansions.

Read my post literally 4 above yours :p

At 100 you get a quest that gives a weapon for clearing bronze proving grounds.

Boogdud

So is War Mill level 2 bugged or something? I haven't gotten an up roll (to rare or epic) in 3 levels ever since I upgraded to level 2. Of course levels 97-100, where it actually counts. Seems bugged to me.

Tc91

Glyphs are insane right now. Learned all the new ones (funnily enough on my boosted alt which doesn't have any other glyph recipes). Because of the scarcity of herbs, each glyph costs about 250g to make, but I haven't sold one for less than 750g.

INSANE!

And in a day or two I can start making Darkmoon Cards as well. That'll be fun. Goal in the next few days is to get everyone important to 92 with the level 2 garrison so I can get all my profession CDs rolling. Not sure if it matters getting a first alt to 100 though - maybe all to 96 after that for the herb garden, then slowly finish to 100.

Which glyphs are you selling?

cdyhybrid

Man, challenge modes are...quite challenging.

Also why do my garrison people still call me Commander when Vol'jin promoted me to General? ;)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Zul'jin was doing good but now the lag is so bad it's unplayable... literally, because your actions don't happen.

Ultratech

Had a Lv665 Epic Agility Cloak drop while I was duoing the daily in Skettis today with a Lock.

And of course, I lose the damn roll on it. ;_;

Which glyphs are you selling?

iWydHmSRhQF8t.gif

Of course.

Fjordson

What exactly are Alchemical Catalysts? Got them from new Alchemy Lab in my Garrison in exchange for some herbs. But what do I do with these?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What exactly are Alchemical Catalysts? Got them from new Alchemy Lab in my Garrison in exchange for some herbs. But what do I do with these?

iWydHmSRhQF8t.gif

http://www.wowhead.com/item=108996#reagent-for

In Draenor, every profession has one of these "Work Order" mats, created using a daily cooldown. The only way to "circumvent" the cooldown is to use the corresponding profession building to create more of these mats via work orders. These mats are used for crafting the high-end profession exclusive recipes. They are primarily a bottleneck for players on the cutting edge to prevent them from maxing out their professions too quickly and exhausting content before everyone else.

Jag

So I just hit 100. What's the deal with the elite skull guys. Am I supposed to be hunting them? (I guess my mod colors them as blue skulls?)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I just hit 100. What's the deal with the elite skull guys. Am I supposed to be hunting them? (I guess my mod colors them as blue skulls?)

I think you're using Rarefinder?

White Skulls: Unique Rares. Higher HP than normal for a mob of their level. Usually drops Rare gear, or flavor stuff like Toys and consummables. Can also drop Garrison Resources (!!!). Can only kill each once per character.

Blue Skulls: Mission Rares. From your Garrison, you'll get daily missions that reward a bucketload of Apexis Crystals. The PvE group ones are typically called "Assault on X", where X is one of the 100 mob zones around Draenor. The Rares in these zones have massive HP, usually give Apexis Crystals/Primal Spirits/Gear, and count heavily towards quest completion. They're meant to be done in a group but not all of them are elite and many can be solo'd if you burn cooldowns and your class is naturally tanky/healy.

Red Skulls: Repeatable Rares. I'm not sure what their loot tables are like to be honest. I haven't really tried hunting them yet.

EDIT: Shit, I need to get in on this scribe stuff.

How much skill level do I need to craft the recipes, if any? I'd just focus on the high demand glyphs.

Jag

I think you're using Rarefinder?

White Skulls: Unique Rares. Higher HP than normal for a mob of their level. Usually drops Rare gear, or flavor stuff like Toys and consummables. Can also drop Garrison Resources (!!!). Can only kill each once per character.

Blue Skulls: Mission Rares. From your Garrison, you'll get daily missions that reward a bucketload of Apexis Crystals. The PvE group ones are typically called "Assault on X", where X is one of the 100 mob zones around Draenor. The Rares in these zones have massive HP, usually give Apexis Crystals/Primal Spirits/Gear, and count heavily towards quest completion. They're meant to be done in a group but not all of them are elite and many can be solo'd if you burn cooldowns and your class is naturally tanky/healy.

Red Skulls: Repeatable Rares. I'm not sure what their loot tables are like to be honest. I haven't really tried hunting them yet.

EDIT: Shit, I need to get in on this scribe stuff.

How much skill level do I need to craft the recipes, if any? I'd just focus on the high demand glyphs.

Thanks. I did the PvP garrison mission to see Ashran. Didn't like it that much. I'll try the blue skulls next.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought this character not found stuff was over. Comes as a one two punch after suffering through the Arakkoa slave daily.

Oscar

I thought this character not found stuff was over. Comes as a one two punch after suffering through the Arakkoa slave daily.

Glad I'm not alone. Thought it was the instance server since I got booted right after accepting a Random Dungeon queue.

PepperedHam

Am I just confused or what is the point of having blacksmithing at 700? I assume there are 700 level exclusive recipes but if I can craft these 630 ilvl weapons at such a low blacksmithing level then what is the point? Or does the material cost drop with higher levels?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. Wow these daily cooldowns for crafting are pretty whack.

Boogdud

Boy, Ashran was deeply disappointing on my server, it's like 2:1 alliance vs us horde. So pretty much sitting at our base while they pour through the gates with 300% characters and giant npcs.

Sucks pretty hard, it was one of the things I was really looking forward to.

Fjordson

iWydHmSRhQF8t.gif

http://www.wowhead.com/item=108996#reagent-for

In Draenor, every profession has one of these "Work Order" mats, created using a daily cooldown. The only way to "circumvent" the cooldown is to use the corresponding profession building to create more of these mats via work orders. These mats are used for crafting the high-end profession exclusive recipes. They are primarily a bottleneck for players on the cutting edge to prevent them from maxing out their professions too quickly and exhausting content before everyone else.
I see. Interesting.

Also wtf @ all this alchemy stuff that requires fishing. Figured it would just be herbs. Guess I need to level that up too.

vocab

Did challange mode skyreach and completed it.

Good lord.

Comp.

Blood dk, Resto shaman, ele shaman, demo lock, and arms warrior.

Took an hour - 1 hour 30 mins to complete.

Was ele dps a liability? Nope.

Second boss was nails hard. Dps race straight up. Healing requirements is insane, and tank needs to be on point.

Giggzy

I'm really enjoying my Gladiator warrior in PvE and PvP. Only thing lacking is really good AoE damage, but with Dragons Roar/Bladestorm/Thunderclap, it still does alright.

I also dropped tailoring as one of my main professions as it seems pointless for a warrior. I do still have a tailoring building in my garrison though, as I want hexweave bags :) I picked up skinning as my other main profession now, as leather seems to be selling well. Enchanting is my other main prof.

ampere

Did challange mode skyreach and completed it.

Good lord.

Comp.

Blood dk, Resto shaman, ele shaman, demo lock, and arms warrior.

Took an hour - 1 hour 30 mins to complete.

Was ele dps a liability? Nope.

Second boss was nails hard. Dps race straight up. Healing requirements is insane, and tank needs to be on point.

We did it tonight as well. Brewmaster, Mistweaver, Feral, and two Hunters.

Agree, second boss is insane. Took us about 2 hours, with some hearthing to change talents or waiting for lust and CDs.

1st and last boss are what I'd call fair. 2nd boss bonkers, 3rd = LFR difficulty.

Hit 98 tonight. I would be 100 by now, but I've been working a lot. I also have other things like watching Bulls games. I did the Skyreach dungeon for the first legendary quest. I was impressed by the mechanics and design. If this is more things to come and more at heroic and above, we're in for a treat.

mstevens

Haven't really played full time since WotLK, but I decided to resub tonight and boost a fresh Druid. It has been easier to pick up than I thought and the quests have been really fun.

So many quality of life improvements (lots of subtle ones) since I last played.

I'm pretty heavy into console gaming now, so I'm hoping I can strike a good balance playtime wise.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Am I fucked if I went with the Inn instead of the Lumber Mill for my level 2 garrison?

I would replace the inn with Lumber Mill if I could, but I'm not sure whether I should leave it till I get my garrison to level 3.

Fjordson

Garrison stuff is intense man, so much stuff here. Just upgraded to level 2. My alchemy lab is pretty dope. Already got a 620 trinket from it

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

Am I fucked if I went with the Inn instead of the Lumber Mill for my level 2 garrison?

I would replace the inn with Lumber Mill if I could, but I'm not sure whether I should leave it till I get my garrison to level 3.

No, but while building up your garrison the lumber mill is arguably more useful in speeding things up.

ZenaxPure

Not really, I went with an Inn and it's fine. I'm going to replace it eventually but I want to do all the quests first.

Speaking of which, the quest I had today gave a WoD version of Crystal of Insanity, same cooldown/duration and does the same animation/noise when you use it, pretty awesome. Used that thing the entirety of MoP, WoD questing, and even WoD normal modes so its fitting I replace it with its big brother.

Fjordson

So I think I finished the last Shadowmoon questline. Got the achievement (awesome zone). But is there a breadcrumb quest for the next zone that I'm missing? Don't see one atm.

Not really, I went with an Inn and it's fine. I'm going to replace it eventually but I want to do all the quests first.

Speaking of which, the quest I had today gave a WoD version of Crystal of Insanity, same cooldown/duration and does the same animation/noise when you use it, pretty awesome. Used that thing the entirety of MoP, WoD questing, and even WoD normal modes so its fitting I replace it with its big brother.
Oh shit, nice. That'll be useful for sure.

Daniel R

If a friend has the Enchanting building he can invite you to his garrison and you can use his essence font or whatever it's called to disenchant your soulbound items, without having the skill or building yourself. Also if you get drops while in a group you can now choose to disenchant even if none of you have enchanting.

That helps a little with the enchanting work orders. 30 dust a day quickly adds up. There is a lot of gold going down the drain when you dis greens worth 30-40 g each to get 1-3 dust.

cdyhybrid

So I think I finished the last Shadowmoon questline. Got the achievement (awesome zone). But is there a breadcrumb quest for the next zone that I'm missing? Don't see one atm.

Oh shit, nice. That'll be useful for sure.

Typically you'll get sent back to your garrison when it's time to start the next zone. Think you might have to be an even level (so 92 for Alliance?), since it's supposed to be 2 levels per zone.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blizzard hear me out

Garrison mobile app

Please do it

School is painful, knowing I'm "missing out" on effective game time

Robin64

I see people at even 92 saying "Hey I've done all of Gorgrond, now where?"

I was nearly 95 when I was done there (and didn't use the exp potion). Not sure what people are missing?

Apt101

I've had to /console reloadui more than I recall having to in the past. The target info stops appearing. I think it might be the Steam overlay causing problems, but I need Steam.

The trading post is going to make sure I have enough resources come level 100 - which should be soon. Every time it wants furs I head to Nagrand and farm the sabermaw, and the 14 works orders nets me 420 resources. It takes a while, sure, but at least I know it's a steady stream to look forward to.

StayDead

I see people at even 92 saying "Hey I've done all of Gorgrond, now where?"

I was nearly 95 when I was done there (and didn't use the exp potion). Not sure what people are missing?

They probably tried to/skipped SMV due to the lag (although SMV works perfectly fine now).

Top Bottom