• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Getting absolutely farmed by Horde in Ashran. This is eerily similar to Ilum in SWTOR with all of the base camping. It's just snowballing and the pvp gear difference keeps growing bigger and bigger until people just don't even bother coming anymore. This is an absolutely huge problem that will need to be looked at asap.
It was always going to suck and I dunno what they could realistically do.

ZenaxPure

Geez, yeah I'll probably stop doing those missions then.

Is there any reason to try and get your followers to max level anyways? Can you get gear off of them?

I have missions right now that reward ilvl 630 gear (same as heroic dungeon ilvl) and I'm pretty sure there are eventually missions where you send your guys out on raids for raid level gear.

That said yeah, I wouldn't bother with any missions except the ones that give garrison resources until you have your level 3 garrison. Even then though it might be good to hang back until you have every one of your buildings up to rank 2.

Getting absolutely farmed by Horde in Ashran. This is eerily similar to Ilum in SWTOR with all of the base camping. It's just snowballing and the pvp gear difference keeps growing bigger and bigger until people just don't even bother coming anymore. This is an absolutely huge problem that will need to be looked at asap.

I really hope they don't fix it before I get to 100 and fully geared.

I really hope they fix it afterwards cuz it doesn't sound much fun for either side as is.

vilmer_

It was always going to suck and I dunno what they could realistically do.

Given that it's cross realm I don't see why they can't just look at the numbers in a certain group/cluster and pull from other servers to make up for the imbalance. No clue if that is possible though. Chat is just a constant wall of people who are beyond pissed off.

Ultratech

10k seems like it should be enough for most heroics, though rough. I think the main issue is that the dps silver proving grounds is RIDICULOUSLY too easy. I had to do both tank and dps, and tank while not hard, at least did in fact make me do things. Dps every single wave I had like 30 seconds to wait after everything was dead. Makes you realize you could actually beat them with like 6 or 7k dps for sure. I mean I realize I'm a good player, but we're not talking like I'm in any better gear than anyone else, and that's an absurd cushion.

Yeah, that was my complaint when they had it at 90.

Bronze and Silver are pretty goddamn easy and really don't require much effort.
(Gold's at least somewhat challenging in that it demands much more of what you can do.)

I have missions right now that reward ilvl 630 gear (same as heroic dungeon ilvl) and I'm pretty sure there are eventually missions where you send your guys out on raids for raid level gear.

Yup. Once you get your followers to a higher ilvl (with gear and stuff), you unlock higher-level missions to get higher-level gear/items/whatever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They can only be killed once per day I think.

I was doing Siegeworks today and I solo killed some rare. Then I grouped with some other people and they wanted me to get the rare but I couldn't see anything on my minimap, nor did it drop anything for me after we killed it.

Apt101

I was fairly lost in Ashran. It was definitely competitive on my server, though I couldn't tell what was going on half the time. The Horde killed our big tree thing when we were in their base, and then everyone in the Alliance just bailed. I don't like the layout, felt really confined and difficult to get a good view of your surroundings. Just a big confusing mesh of players and NPC's, inadvertent targeting of the giants, death knights death gripping people out of the pack left and right.....

I think it has some potential, but right now I think I'll just stay away.

They can only be killed once per day I think.

I was doing Siegeworks today and I solo killed some rare. Then I grouped with some other people and they wanted me to get the rare but I couldn't see anything on my minimap, nor did it drop anything for me after we killed it.

I suspect it's more complicated than that. I flew up to look for this guy and he just wasn't there in his little cave. Waited around for ten minutes and nothing. I've never killed him. I'm starting to suspect they're on a rotating spawn cycle that changes daily.

cdyhybrid

SwwL6Wd.jpg

:D

Haly

Trying to sell mine before he goes on farm for all servers and the prices go down,

mclem

Yea me too it really helped my fishing garrison quest until it ran away and I needed more. Haven't gotten another since. Was just wondering if they could be bought somewhere without having to randomly find one, because I've been fishing for a good 30 mins and either get bait I don't need or fish I don't need lol

Are you fishing *in* the garrison? It's better to go out into the world, where the given fish is native. If you fish in freshwater in the right zone, the *only* bait you should get is the one appropriate for that zone.

Gonna get fishing shack level 3 today. Will never have to leave the garrison for fishing unless I want to do the Nat Pagle rep stuff. Or maybe for the lunker size fish - not sure if those are gonna be worth the effort though.

Gonna get fishing shack level 3 today. Will never have to leave the garrison for fishing unless I want to do the Nat Pagle rep stuff. Or maybe for the lunker size fish - not sure if those are gonna be worth the effort though.

Lunker fish are <2% of your catch, it's easier to fish up the pandaria stuff for the rep, but ultimately the coins are going to be the most tedious grind in the game since brood of nozdormu.

Lunker fish are <2% of your catch, it's easier to fish up the pandaria stuff for the rep, but ultimately the coins are going to be the most tedious grind in the game since brood of nozdormu.

Oh I'm already exalted/best friend with Nat Pagle. I just meant buying all the stuff with the coins. I'm Salty dontchaknow :p

Hoping the Four Horsemen drop my 2H sword this time ;-;

IIRC Armageddon was my first epic weapon and it had crap stats. Still have it, but I kinda hate the model.

Apt101

I can't find the fish I need to populate my fishing pond. Ran all over the indicated area in the quest, could not find any pools but did spend time fishing every water source to be sure. Tons of other fish caught, not a single one of the kind I need.

Has there been any word of opening back up free server transfers for high population realms? All of my 90's are on Area 52 but I havent resubbed yet (i bought WOD) after seeing 3 hour queues yet on that server. I am loner / casual so high population isnt as important as it used to be. Not sure how current subscribers on high population realms can stand it.

Any boomkins here? I just ran Skyreach for the first time and was doing pretty meh in the DPs charts ( I think the DK tank was top ). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe its just my gear. Pretty sure I was using the right rotation.

What are your guys experience with balance so far?

demented

Cheapest place to buy (EU) key for expansion?

Haven't played mist at all gotta level through that too, maybe after since I get one 90 character.
Really unsure if I should play, quit after playing for 7 years few years ago and vowed never to play again but tempteeeedd :( got kinda depressed and have nothing to do and it seems like an easy "fix", like a drug lol...

34 eur was cheapest I could find, anyone found it cheaper?

Has there been any word of opening back up free server transfers for high population realms? All of my 90's are on Area 52 but I havent resubbed yet (i bought WOD) after seeing 3 hour queues yet on that server. I am loner / casual so high population isnt as important as it used to be. Not sure how current subscribers on high population realms can stand it.

They mostly fixed the queues after the first two days with additional hardware and instancing tech. A big realm like Area 52 shouldn't have too long of a queue now, if at all.

Artanisix

Dropped the first run on my DK, and I didn't even want it.

But I'll never see the bulwark on my warr.

---

What's a good place for iron horde scraps? Want that blackrock transmog.

There was an awesome place in Gorgrond where you could get around 160 scraps per hour, but of course Blizzard nerfed the hell out of it.

Fjordson

I don't know what to put in this small plot in my Garrison. Was thinking an enchanter's place, but you can't disenchant epics with it and my professions are alchemy / herbalist. Already have an alchemist lab so I'm not sure what to put down.

cdyhybrid

I don't know what to put in this small plot in my Garrison. Was thinking an enchanter's place, but you can't disenchant epics with it and my professions are alchemy / herbalist. Already have an alchemist lab so I'm not sure what to put down.

Salvage Yard?

Unless I get really lucky with some new missions tonight, I'll be able to upgrade my War Mill to level 2 tomorrow. Dat Blackrock transmog armor
3V8qFHN.png

After that it's pretty much just grinding work orders to unlock level 3 blueprints.

Repo Man

I can't find the fish I need to populate my fishing pond. Ran all over the indicated area in the quest, could not find any pools but did spend time fishing every water source to be sure. Tons of other fish caught, not a single one of the kind I need.

Check your bags, you may have received bait specifically for the fish you need to catch which oughta speed things up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay so I have a lvl16 Hunter with Beast Mastery. I do Beast Lore on a lvl14 Mistwing Cliffdweller and it says it is tamable but it is exotic. I figure this is no issue since I'm the right specialization, but then I go to tame it and I get an error text saying "Creature not tamable." What's the deal?

Edit: I also need to find Ragefire Chasm somewhere in Orgrimmar but these are the most worthless maps ever.
Edit 2: Google helped. Would have been nice for them to mention it was in the Cleft of Shadows. Also would have been nice to put the Cleft of Shadows on the map. Also would have been nice to explain to me that it begins with the most basic enemies being lvl14 elite flamehounds that pwn me in 6 seconds. Really leveling this troll hunter has been extremely hard because they send you off to places 500 miles away every damn time.

Dice

Okay I have seriously spent an hour simply looking for a quest I can play. This is absurd. I should have just gone to my human or worgen where I can actually play something other than "locate a person in a vague far off land that takes 40mins to reach even when you know what you're doing for 90exp"

Edit: 2 hours for 1 level and 1 mission. I am done. I'm not even in the mood to go to other characters now this just soured everything.

what a tease, not even telling us what it is

Oh believe me, we were heavily considering having everyone go get the buff and then zerging the shit out of heroics for easy gear, but after we finished the first one, honed in on what caused the bug, and managed to replicate it in the second one, we stopped. I'd rather not risk having the gear/achievments taken away and getting a temp suspension.

Probably an old feature for most, but I'm having far too much fun with the Pet Battles. I'm trying to work out if there's a way to tell if a potential pet is poor/common/uncommon/rare - I have a feeling it's their colour/markings? Not sure.

Atlantis

Okay so I have a lvl16 Hunter with Beast Mastery. I do Beast Lore on a lvl14 Mistwing Cliffdweller and it says it is tamable but it is exotic. I figure this is no issue since I'm the right specialization, but then I go to tame it and I get an error text saying "Creature not tamable." What's the deal?

You can't tame exotic beasts until you learn the ability to do so at level 69.

Karl Hawk

Banned
That reminded me, and I'm well aware it's a matter of personal preferences, but is there any UI mods that are good for dungeons/raiding?

Btw, since people forgot to answer it, I'll ask this again: Any good WoW raiding videos that I should keep my eye on? I've been kinda in the mood to watch some WoW raiding youtube videos lately.

Daniel R

Okay I have seriously spent an hour simply looking for a quest I can play. This is absurd. I should have just gone to my human or worgen where I can actually play something other than "locate a person in a vague far off land that takes 40mins to reach even when you know what you're doing for 90exp"

Edit: 2 hours for 1 level and 1 mission. I am done. I'm not even in the mood to go to other characters now this just soured everything.

There are notice boards in the major cities (at least in Stormwind/Orgrimmar) with a yellow exclamation mark that gives you a quest to go to an area that is level appropriate for you. It should be near the banks.

40 minutes travel time sounds like a lot. Are you making use of flight paths/mounts?

Don't give up on the game when you haven't learned the ins and outs and shortcuts yet.

Dice

You can't tame exotic beasts until you learn the ability to do so at level 69.
Damn, I should respec for now.

There are notice boards in the major cities (at least in Stormwind/Orgrimmar) with a yellow exclamation mark that gives you a quest to go to an area that is level appropriate for you. It should be near the banks.
Not when you've done them already and there are none left.

40 minutes travel time sounds like a lot. Are you making use of flight paths/mounts?
There seems to be maybe 3 in the entirety of Durotar. Definitely shit compared to the alliance side, much like the questlines it would seem. It also doesn't help that the maps completely suck ass, so the "get to closest known area, and find it from there on foot" method that worked so well on alliance side (plus finding tons of pick-up quests along the way) seems to end up hitting massive insurmountable obstructions every time.

Don't give up on the game when you haven't learned the ins and outs and shortcuts yet.
I just mean on playing for tonight. Playing alliance was great with not too much running and so many quests spilling out everywhere I had a dozen or so left over in every zone I visited. This troll one has just been completely miserable even when I could find quests. I'll try to use this to find something I could have missed, but really if it was this shit when they made it, it should have been cleaned up by now.

Kintaco

I haven't looted one piece of Iron Horde Scraps since doing the original quest turn in. That's been like 5 levels worth of questing. Is the drop rate really that low?

Haly

Just changed from Windwalker to Mistweaver.

98DU

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just changed from Windwalker to Mistweaver.
I keep hearing how much Mistweaver sucks, so if things go wrong you can always just blame it on the spec.

Edit: I've been in queue for a heroic as DPS for an hour. Maybe you're on to something.

vocab

I keep hearing how much Mistweaver sucks, so if things go wrong you can always just blame it on the spec.
Eh they are alright. Right now... Not disaster bad like alpha. They can heal 5 mans pretty well.

Ww will get nerfed. They do way too much damage in heroics right now.

cdyhybrid

That reminded me, and I'm well aware it's a matter of personal preferences, but is there any UI mods that are good for dungeons/raiding?

Btw, since people forgot to answer it, I'll ask this again: Any good WoW raiding videos that I should keep my eye on? I've been kinda in the mood to watch some WoW raiding youtube videos lately.

Only one I have that is specifically for raiding is DBM. Weakauras can help improve your performance if you arrange it correctly. There are some good healing ones (Grid I think?) if you're a healer.

Edit: I've been in queue for a heroic as DPS for an hour. Maybe you're on to something.

They're instant for me as a Blood DK ;)

I also frequently top meters for both damage and healing done as well

vocab

They're instant for me as a Blood DK ;)

I also frequently top meters for both damage and healing done as well

My unholy dk friend was out dpsing me and a boomkin who are in full heroic gear in some fights. Hell I have 2 pieces of cm loot and the 680 ring. 60 to 80k on slagmine trash.

He had no heroic gear and has soo bis trinkets. This game is dumb. Seriously. Every melee spec right now besides enhance are doing way too much.

Top Bottom