• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

In a Garn Nighthowl mount farming group. Twelve people in front of me ;-;

At least it's something chill I can do while relaxing, and do missions in between spawns.

Apt101

They probably tried to/skipped SMV due to the lag (although SMV works perfectly fine now).

Until they reach level 94 and complete their garrison quests to that point, the NPC in the Gorgond outpost won't show the next quest. That's what happened to me anyways.

Reknoc

Haven't played since like, before Burning Crusade, but that sort of home base building things is my jam. Highest I ever even got a character was 30 so I've decided I'd probably be better off starting from scratch (did use my free boost on a Monk but not massively fussed on the class).

Still really hate how world time = server time, sure would be nice to see the world during the day.

Hellers

Given how popular garrisons have turned out to be what do you think will happen next expansion? Personally I'd be hoping whatever the next expansion is we get a garrison in that too. I really hope it's not just a "One expansion and then ignored" thing. This is too fun a mechanic not to become a standard for the future.

I think the legendary ring quest was bugged the other day, a friend got the nagrand quest right after turning in the auchindoun one and now I get nothing.

Robin64

What do you do once you hit level 100? I'm only 95, but it's good to plan ahead.

Legendary ring questline.
Try and have 2000 resources for tier 3 Garrison.
Daily quest from Garrison, either group or solo.
Ashran PvP.
Get Silver in Proving Grounds.
Heroics with the above + 610 ilvl.

Karl Hawk

Banned
What do you do once you hit level 100? I'm only 95, but it's good to plan ahead.

Do Proving Grounds and get silver to be able to solo queue for HC Dungeons. Farm normal 100 lvl dungeons till you get to ilvl 610 (The required ilvl to get into HC Dungeons).

Hell, do the Legendary ring Questline while you're at it (Once it's available, of course). ;)

EDIT: Beaten.

Tacitus_

I think I just ran out of meaningful content >_>

I've got all my buildings upgraded and waiting for the gated cheevos to unlock lvl 3, I've got a team of followers at 100 that can counter everything and my professions are gated by the bop materials. My gear is pretty much raid ready too, I only need a new weapon and a trinket to so I can get my last two items to hc blues (both at 620).

So now I've got... fishing and working on reputations which don't really have rewards that I want to work towards at this point since all the fancy stuff requires apexis crystals.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The starting Worgen questline is so good. The other 2 I've played (Human, Troll) are ridiculously unfocused and cluttered and have you running all these needless places in comparison to do busywork that doesn't seem very important to your people overall. Being a Worgen druid is also hilarious. It's a contender for my 90 boost.

Edit: Clock settings didn't save (probably because I was on a different server) so I was going by PST and played longer than I wanted. D'oh! Oh well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, the Ancient Nest Guardian find is pretty messed up. Requires 250 fragments but they hard cap you at 200, so you need the supplementary items to boost up just to build it. First time I've ever seen this and it's just bizarre. You're hitting arch sites and just leaving the fragments behind while you look for the item you need. Confusing design decision.
The starting Worgen questline is so good. The other 2 I've played (Human, Troll) are ridiculously unfocused and cluttered and have you running all these needless places in comparison to do busywork that doesn't seem very important to your people overall. Being a Worgen druid is also hilarious. It's a contender for my 90 boost.
Worgen opener is pretty good. Best is probably Undead.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Heh, I've still got 35% to 100 and there'll be amount of work cut out for me once I get to 100. :p

Saving up resources for upgrading my garrison, doing the Legendary ring Questline, Farming lvl 100 dungeons to get to ilvl 610, get silver on Proving Grounds, and do Heroics to get my gear Raid-ready (ivl 630).

Depending on how things will go, it'll take 1-3 weeks to get to ilvl 630 (My aim is to get to that before Raids open up on early December). Assuming if it goes smoothly, of course. .-.

StayDead

I wish I could enjoy Ashran more but for some reason they shoved PvE (Silvermoon-EU) which has a high Alliance POP many of which have no interest in PvP (although I do now I'm not raiding anymore) with Stormscale-EU which is a high pop horde server all interested in PvP.

I went there yesterday and there was about 5 alliance to about 200 horde.

mileS

I think I just ran out of meaningful content >_>

I've got all my buildings upgraded and waiting for the gated cheevos to unlock lvl 3, I've got a team of followers at 100 that can counter everything and my professions are gated by the bop materials. My gear is pretty much raid ready too, I only need a new weapon and a trinket to so I can get my last two items to hc blues (both at 620).

So now I've got... fishing and working on reputations which don't really have rewards that I want to work towards at this point since all the fancy stuff requires apexis crystals.
Any tips on followers? Im not sure if its because I leveled so fast but most of mine are 92 or 95. And most of my quests I have available for them are 96 or higher. Do you have an inn? I was going to go for one but only one new follower a week sounds well.. weak.

I have a salvage yard and I want to make the most out of it. I guess I should have researched them more but to be fair some of the guides out there suck. Anyways. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
In order to unlock the T3 bank in my garrison I need to loot 10,000 gold in Draenor. I am level 100 and I have run a bunch of dungeons. Right now it sits at 300gold. 10k seems a bit much...

Apt101

Hit 100 on my ret paladin. Wow, Empowered Seals is the joint. Reminds me of seal twisting way back in the day. I can increase haste and attack power by 15% trivially and do some crazy damage. I straight blew through my bronze damage trial. I spent more time waiting around than actually fighting.

Now I get to do this daily mission in Shatt, and since I have the reputation from my level 2 trade post, I'll be working towards exalted status and the armor. Feeling really good about leveling my ret pally and not the druid I boosted to 90. Though I hear druids are wicked nasty in PvP - but I'm not really into that right now.

In order to unlock the T3 bank in my garrison I need to loot 10,000 gold in Draenor. I am level 100 and I have run a bunch of dungeons. Right now it sits at 300gold. 10k seems a bit much...

Through questing and selling anything over 20 gold in value (I disenchant the rest) I've earned like 4k, maybe 5k. Hard to tell since I've spent about 3k. But I started the expac with 4k-ish and I'm now just over 8k at level 100. I'd suggest questing and skinning.

Edit: hmm, the math doesn't hold up. I suppose I've earned a lot more than I thought.

Jarnet87

Got up a couple hours early today and hit 99 plus a few bubbles. Stormrage queue wasn't terrible when I logged in yesterday around 5, only took about 30 minutes. I have some friends playing on Mannoroth and they want me play there but they are pretty flakey. They are the type that get enthused about the game and then 2 weeks later quit lol, so I haven't really bothered to level my character there. Last time they started up 3 of them used the cata boost to 80 and I started a monk from scratch, only 1 of them actually hit 90.

Ultratech

Timber Lords are the best.

tbkKQlq.jpg

Legendary ring questline.
Try and have 2000 resources for tier 3 Garrison.
Daily quest from Garrison, either group or solo.
Ashran PvP.
Get Silver in Proving Grounds.
Heroics with the above + 610 ilvl.

I'm still stuck trying to get into Heroics; did several dungeons yesterday, but only had 2 items drop.
This could be a while...

Almost got enough resources for T3 Garrison (I'm at like 1600 right now; hooray for Lumber Mill).

Also tried to do Ashran yesterday, but it kept booting me out.
(Slightly better than the other day where it was broke and nothing spawned, leaving us to explore an empty zone.)

mileS

Got exalted with the Steamwheedle Preservation. No life status confirmed.

Shame I have to wait at least a week of straight group dailies to get my mount and pet... what in the hell were they thinking? I have to put myself a week behind on the legendary quest line and gearing up for pve just to get my vanity items? What in the world. I think the rep grind and the 5k for the mount is quite enough. That considering as well I got more gold leveling 85-90 than I did all 90-100.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Whats the difficulty jump like going from normal to heroic? Currently my blood dk is sitting around 612 ilvl and honestly even normal packs of mobs seem hard, like I have to use cooldowns a lot of the time. Is this just how tanking is now, or am I failing? Currently I am too scared to go into heroics until I manage an epic or two.

Tacitus_

Any tips on followers? Im not sure if its because I leveled so fast but most of mine are 92 or 95. And most of my quests I have available for them are 96 or higher. Do you have an inn? I was going to go for one but only one new follower a week sounds well.. weak.

I have a salvage yard and I want to make the most out of it. I guess I should have researched them more but to be fair some of the guides out there suck. Anyways. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Try to get followers from quests / reputations and use those to level up those followers you need for their skills.

Jag

The Garrison guides out there are pretty bad. I think it's because Garrisions can be so flexible, it really depends both on the character and your style of play.

My main is a hunter and I just built the Inn. I then sat in a 1/2 hour queue for a dungeon for the Inn quests before I gave up. I'm going to tear down the Inn and build it for my Druid who can insta-queue as a tank. But that's a few hundred garrison resources lost for a bad choice.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Through questing and selling anything over 20 gold in value (I disenchant the rest) I've earned like 4k, maybe 5k. Hard to tell since I've spent about 3k. But I started the expac with 4k-ish and I'm now just over 8k at level 100. I'd suggest questing and skinning.

Edit: hmm, the math doesn't hold up. I suppose I've earned a lot more than I thought.

I have made a shit ton of cash so far. Easily over 10k. I think the issue is the achieve only counts money looted directly from mobs.

mileS

Try to get followers from quests / reputations and use those to level up those followers you need for their skills.
Most of my followers are green. Dislike the fact that rng has so much to do with it. Considering after you finish the quests and if you don't have an inn, aren't you extremely limited to getting more?

Tacitus_

Most of my followers are green. Dislike the fact that rng has so much to do with it. Considering after you finish the quests and if you don't have an inn, aren't you extremely limited to getting more?

You can get 3 lvl 100 epic followers for "free" (Leeroy, Meatball, Croman) and Millhouse on top of that if you have the Inn, then there's rep rewarded followers, quest rewarded followers, treasure rewarded followers and so on.
The Inn is kinda meh for getting followers anyway, as I found out. The follower it gave me was a lvl 90 green.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What should I upgrade first to level 3? Warmill or Lumbermill?

mileS

How are people getting the shards for the legendary quest done already? Hit level 100 within the first day I take it?

Robin64

How are people getting the shards for the legendary quest done already? Hit level 100 within the first day I take it?

Honestly, hitting 100 doesn't take long at all. Even if you're just a quester, assuming you do everything you'll hit it around the point you start Nagrand.

And then if you're lucky with gear, you might already be 610+ for Heroics right after that.

Robin64

Gotta have some benefit to actually having the profession, I guess.

Though what that is for my mining, I'm not sure. Tempted to drop it for engineering. (I also have blacksmithing)

StMeph

Just about to hit 99. Have the legendary 640 precursor. Now I guess the to-do list is:

- clear all of Nagrand and hope for epic upgrades on quest rewards
- run level 100 dungeons for 615 gear
- do Proving Grounds
- farm trees/rares for Garrison resources to get to 2,000
- Apexis daily

Anything else?

Apt101

I have made a shit ton of cash so far. Easily over 10k. I think the issue is the achieve only counts money looted directly from mobs.

I just made over 500 gold in a half hour of level 100 questing in Nagrand. I'll make another 100 when I sell this gear I've picked up. It seems like Blizzard is insuring one always has enough gold to upgrade their garrison at least. At this rate, considering there are numerous zones I haven't touched, I'll make another 10k from adventuring alone. Maybe more.

Jag

That feeling when you send 3 of your best Followers on a 10 hour rare mission with a 90% success rate....and it fails :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just about to hit 99. Have the legendary 640 precursor. Now I guess the to-do list is:

- clear all of Nagrand and hope for epic upgrades on quest rewards
- run level 100 dungeons for 615 gear
- do Proving Grounds
- farm trees/rares for Garrison resources to get to 2,000
- Apexis daily

Anything else?

You pretty much got it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2mj6yh/approaching_100_punchlist/

Legendary Ring Quest

Similar to the legendary cloak from MoP, this time we have a ring.

At 98 you can start the legendary ring quest. Talk to the elemental in your garrison for the quest.

You can then do the Skyreach dungeon at 97-100, completion of this gives you an ilvl 640 ring (500g to buy one for a different spec, you cannot use 2 different rings at once).

After heroics (Slag Mines, Depot, Everbloom, then Auchindoun), you can get an ilvl 680 ring, but this will be a while away yet!

There is a quest to collect 4986 Apexis crystals (4985 is inadequate. 4987 is of course absurd.)

Nagrand

Get a Dwarven Bunker (Alliance) / War Mill (Horde) ASAP! It might seem costly, but you will want it anyway.

Level 1 doubles your chance for quest gear upgrade. This is fantastic for Nagrand, as ilvl 600 (green) quest rewards can be upgraded to 615 (Blue), or 630 (purple), putting them on par with lvl 100 dungeons or heroic gear.

Level 3 grants you 1x Seal of Tempered Fate per week (extra loot on Highmaul + World Bosses), but you need 20x lvl 100 followers before you can upgrade to this.

Once you have your bunker, quest around Nagrand at will, you can get 610 ilvl by the time you complete it with a bit of luck.

Gearing up at 100

Skyreach dungeon gives ilvl 600 gear

Silver proving ground gives an ilvl 610 weapon, luck can make this blue/purple and higher ilvl.

Level 100 dungeons give ilvl 615 gear

Some garrison missions can give ilvl 615 gear (Follower ilvl 615 can grant 630, and so on and so forth).

Honour gear is ilvl 620 (or 675 in pvp zones), so very useful until you have heroic gear. It's easy to farm honour in Ashram, and can award ilvl 660 epic gear (conquest level) if you are lucky. You can get this gear from BG rewards as well.

Level 100 rarespawns around the map give ilvl 620.

Heroics give ilvl 630, but you need 610 average to access it through LFG. You must also complete Silver proving grounds for your role.

Nagrand quests can give anywhere from ilvl 600-630 gear depending on luck (See previous).

Challenge modes give ilvl 640 gear upon completion of the daily. Additional vanity rewards for medals based on time too.

Apexis

3000-5000 apexis for ilvl 630 gear.

Can be upgraded in future as raids are unlocked (645, then 655, requires base item).

4986 required for legendary ring at some point, but not required yet. Keep this in mind for future! (Apparently hotfixed)

800 for solo daily, 1000 for group daily. I believe you can get 1000 for Ashram daily, but I haven't found it. Apparently it might reduce how much you get each day if you repeat the same quest.

Apexis crystals are dropped from any level 100 enemy in the open world (not dungeons). lvl 100 rares drop more, rare elites even more.

Crafting

Crafted gear is ilvl 630 (weapons) and ilvl 640 (Armour).

Costs 100 daily cooldown material each (Truesteel ingot etc).

150 daily mat + 15 savage blood for T1 upgrade patches, 200 mat + 15 savage blood for T2 (630>645>655 for weapons, 640>655>665 for armour). Savage blood is from lvl 3 Barn!

4-10 daily mat from profession cooldown, based on skill level.

1 per 4 hours from work orders.

1 mat for 10 primal spirit from garrison vendor, or 1 savage blood for 50 spirits.

Primal Spirit can also be farmed from level 100 enemies and skinning/mining/herbing.

Garrison

Get your Dwarven Bunker (Alliance) / War Mill (Horde) ASAP!

Do your weekly invasion quest in a group. The better you do, the better reward you get, and its easier in a group. Form a group with the Garrison owner as the leader. All others in the group can right click the portrait and visit leader's garrison. Rotate this around the group. The beginner invasion counts as the first weekly! The first weekly invasion was Shadowmoon Clan (Aliance) / Thunderlord Clan (Horde) attacking while you were levelling. You won't get another until the following week.

You can farm treasures and rarespawns for Garrison resources.

If you haven't already, get the Smuggler's Den for Spires of Arak. The skill summons a vendor which previously sold Garrison resources for 50g on a 10 minute cooldown, and a level 99 follower. The resources are currently disabled (likely due to exploits with the cooldown by... unscrupulous users), but may return later.

Stable grants garrison resources with each quest to tame animals, and train them. 120/day. Large building.

Lumber mill grants 120 resources/day assuming work orders are queued up forever. 180/day at T3. Medium.

Trading post will buy crafting mats, gives you 120/day also. Medium.

Robin64

Whats the difference between having a lumber mill at my garrison or at my gorgrond outpost?

The one at Gorgrond gives you the shredder to remove things around the zone for treasures and stuff.

The one in your garrison allows you harvest lumber anywhere and convert it directly to resources.

The one at Gorgrond gives you the shredder to remove things around the zone for treasures and stuff.

The one in your garrison allows you harvest lumber anywhere and convert it directly to resources.

Skeen, I'll take the Fight club then, and stick with the LM in my garrison thanks.

lol Ashran. More Alliance then Horde. We zerg their base. 650 honor everytime. I'm ilvl 620 right now. Thank you Ashran!

And their keep boss drops a PvP loot cache once a day. Quick way to gear up for heroics.

lazygecko

lol Ashran. More Alliance then Horde. We zerg their base. 650 honor everytime. I'm ilvl 620 right now. Thank you Ashran!

And their keep boss drops a PvP loot cache once a day. Quick way to gear up for heroics.

For some reason my realm has been grouped together with a bunch of non-English realms for Ashran. Every single time I have visited that place, it's completely full of alliance players farming the horde base. Of course, the PvP vendor is in there getting killed all the time too so you don't have any chance at purchasing gear.

What a complete failure so far.

I remember when they said they'd get Ashran fairly balanced.

What happened to that, because from what my level 100 friends tell me, its 600 honor from kill the alliance boss every 10 minutes because its so one sided.

Is Ashran not xrealm anymore or something?

I see people at even 92 saying "Hey I've done all of Gorgrond, now where?"

I was nearly 95 when I was done there (and didn't use the exp potion). Not sure what people are missing?
I hit 95 last night and I've only completed one storyline in Gorgrond. At this rate, I'm going to be 100 before I leave there. *chuckles*

Top Bottom